The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old April 28, 2018, 11:04   #101
imacoonass01
Registered

FALaholic #: 80275
P308

POF_USA Gen 3, 20" P308. Sorry about the blurry pic.

imacoonass01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2018, 16:02   #102
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 79608
LWRC 8.1" PDW / OLD School Piston Drive UPGRADED to a one pc. BCG system /
Built the upper with all LWRC parts & sites $650 , Less than half price of a NEW factory price .

********** The Ignore List Works Great **********
fly2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2018, 17:32   #103
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2.0 View Post
LWRC 8.1" PDW / OLD School Piston Drive UPGRADED to a one pc. BCG system / Built the upper with all LWRC parts & sites $650 , Less than half price of a NEW factory price .
If I mail you a Black Sharpie Marker think we can get rid of the Skull? ;-)
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2018, 17:57   #104
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
If I mail you a Black Sharpie Marker think we can get rid of the Skull? ;-)
I'll leave it on just to ''Punish'' you ...lol...... This is a skull >

Old April 29, 2018, 20:07   #105
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Tried a Romeo 5 and a Vortex SPARC out front on the tiny rifle but this clearance Sightmark worked better than either at this elevated height. Amazed it not only ran but ran with minumum gas block adjustment. Figure the cheap sight may be better as think this may be more of a toy than working gun. Almost too small unless use it like a pistol. ;-)

A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old May 06, 2018, 18:11   #106
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Tried a Romeo 5 and a Vortex SPARC out front on the tiny rifle but this clearance Sightmark worked better than either at this elevated height. Amazed it not only ran but ran with minumum gas block adjustment. Figure the cheap sight may be better as think this may be more of a toy than working gun. Almost too small unless use it like a pistol. ;-)

Sorry , been busy in other place's .
The (cheap site's) are they the Diamond knock off's site's right ? I have a set of real diamond site's on several upper's , I really like them for CQB and pistol upper's . with red dot's

KAC 2-600m & Matech 2-600m on the other's . No red dot's

Old May 06, 2018, 18:43   #107
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Knock offs but just got half dozen more sets of Matechs.

Edit:
The red dot sight with riser is near perfect 1/3 cowitness.

Last edited by hueyville; May 06, 2018 at 18:49.
Old May 07, 2018, 11:36   #108
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Knock offs but just got half dozen more sets of Matechs.

Edit:
The red dot sight with riser is near perfect 1/3 cowitness.
Even the knock off's work great , I've had several set's and never rattled any apart . yet ? ......

Old May 07, 2018, 12:15   #109
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

This little toy can point shoot with it if all sight systems fail. Can say for sure a 7.5" 6.8 spc II is a heck of a muzzle blast in the face without a suppressor snapped on. Wanted to test with and without and get set so know how to quickly adjust gas based on whether running can or not. While none are going to be piston drive found an 8.5" 458 SOCOM barrel in the search fairly cheap.

So now my single rifle project that morphed into a pair (almost always do pairs anyway) became a third and now contemplating ordering a fourth bolt carrier group and doing an 8.5" pistol with a Noveske Flaming Pig knock off in 45 caliber. Just bought a 30 caliber authentic Pig but they don't make a 45 and can find 45 caliber copies on fleabay. With the fireball that erupts from the 7.5" 6.8 can only imagine an 8.5" 458 SOCOM fireball rolling out of a Flaming Pig knock off. Hate doing it but doubt they will spin me up one for kicks.
Old May 14, 2018, 18:27   #110
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Due to discussion on Bolt Hold Open malfunction with Superlative Arms piston kits and what issue was took both my 6.8 piston pistols out and tested with 6.8 cal ASC, D&H, AR Stoner, Palmetto magazines and 5.56 Lancer L7's. Both of mine worked perfectly with all magazines though the odd Battle Arms Development was engaging too hard but only rifle assembled in years without an M16 Clinic Buffer Pad. The polyurethane buffer pads reduce the beating between buffer and tail of bolt carrier along with fixing bolt overrun issues most times.

Because of the round spring loaded ball did not try to cut hole and make a washer design buffer pad but tomorrow am going to try it as last round bolt lock up was so aggressive that took two to three hard slaps of bolt release to get it to unlock a few times which are classic bolt overrun symptoms. Note ball in center of buffer.

While testing with the tiny 7.5" pistol and the AAC 762SDN-6 looked next door and about 60 yards out was a ground hog frozen. I was shooting and he had to come straight at me to get in his hole which was right between us. He was totally vapor locked standing and facing me, not knowing what to do so I twisted, put red dot center of body and the Speer 90 grain TNT hit him in chest turning him into stew. So much for the little 1:7 barrel over spinning full power ammo, the short barrel losing too much velocity and all that. Had it been a zombie would have left a hole the size of a cantaloupe out its back. Didn't have room to create all the wound channel it wanted to in the hog as plowed a trench in slight uprising lawn behind him wide as a shovel about three feet long and sprayed blood and guts for 25 feet. Never thought I was building a varmint rifle...