The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The L1A1, inch-pattern, and Indian Files

Notices

Old December 07, 2017, 03:19   #1
DocFrankie
Registered

FALaholic #: 80333
Location: Brescia/Italy - I'm an armorer and interested in the FAL
Info about SASR Bitch

Hello everyone, this is mi first post here so I want to thank the administrators for letting me in. I would like to convert an Aussie L1A1 into a SASR Bitch but I cant find any technical info on it. I would really apreciate if someone could tell me what lenght the barrel was usually cut to and how the additional piatol grip was connected to the 2 pieces handguard. On some pictures the gas plug looks like it has been moved to the rear and the handguard shortened, what would be the position of the gas plug in such cases?
Thanks in advance!
DocFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2017, 09:15   #2
pl521
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74645
This thread may help

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...ighlight=bitch
pl521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2017, 13:50   #3
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocFrankie View Post
Hello everyone, this is mi first post here so I want to thank the administrators for letting me in. I would like to convert an Aussie L1A1 into a SASR Bitch but I cant find any technical info on it. I would really apreciate if someone could tell me what lenght the barrel was usually cut to and how the additional piatol grip was connected to the 2 pieces handguard. On some pictures the gas plug looks like it has been moved to the rear and the handguard shortened, what would be the position of the gas plug in such cases?
Thanks in advance!
I don't think there was any standard.. these were things that were improvised in place via field armorers. Basically a bitch would have been pretty much any L1A1 that had been shortened in some way, shape or form and a forward grip added.
Old December 07, 2017, 19:42   #4
ActionYobbo
Registered

FALaholic #: 32542
the barrel was not shortened just the flash hider was cut back. if you look at pictures of the real deal you can still see the flash hider key (bump)

so basically take a standard L1A1 and cut back the flash hider. I install a forward grip by getting a big washer and putting it inside the hand guards and using a L1A1 grip bolt it through one of the bottom holes or if you have an owen gun grip put the washer and nut inside the hand guards. Or fab up a mount for a M203. last thing is make it select fire and get some 30 round mags
Old December 07, 2017, 21:17   #5
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionYobbo View Post
the barrel was not shortened just the flash hider was cut back. if you look at pictures of the real deal you can still see the flash hider key (bump)

so basically take a standard L1A1 and cut back the flash hider. I install a forward grip by getting a big washer and putting it inside the hand guards and using a L1A1 grip bolt it through one of the bottom holes or if you have an owen gun grip put the washer and nut inside the hand guards. Or fab up a mount for a M203. last thing is make it select fire and get some 30 round mags
.....some were indeed shortened mate, others just had the FH chopped, a forward pistol grip (sometimes but not all) added and the L2 selector dropped in, but some are certainly chopped with a short gas system and handguards.

And there was only one "Bitch" the rest were just modified SLRs ...
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)

Last edited by Andy the Aussie; December 08, 2017 at 01:59.
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2017, 21:20   #6
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216

(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 08, 2017, 11:26   #7
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205

like this?

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote