The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > CZ Firearms - Czech it out!

Notices

Old June 04, 2018, 16:54   #1
Ghost
Registered

FALaholic #: 1273
Got a VZ58 kit, What is missing?

I know I'm late to the VZ game, but it was a now or never. I broke down and got a kit from Arms of America.
I've got a fixed stock on the way.
I believe I'm missing the 2 pins for the front sight.
I also believe I'm missing the pin and detente that retain the captive pin for the dust cover.
I am unsure of what else may be missing, so I'm providing 2 detail pictures and an over view picture.
Please advise.
Thanks

Ok looks like I have the top cover detente after all, its just longer than I'd expected. looks like it doesn't use a spring???

Any idea where to get a new (over sized) barrel pin? and the trigger guard rivets?

Last edited by Ghost; June 04, 2018 at 21:39.
Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 05, 2018, 00:34   #2
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I know I'm late to the VZ game, but it was a now or never. I broke down and got a kit from Arms of America.
I've got a fixed stock on the way.
I believe I'm missing the 2 pins for the front sight.
I also believe I'm missing the pin and detente that retain the captive pin for the dust cover.
I am unsure of what else may be missing, so I'm providing 2 detail pictures and an over view picture.
Please advise.
Thanks

Ok looks like I have the top cover detente after all, its just longer than I'd expected. looks like it doesn't use a spring???

Any idea where to get a new (over sized) barrel pin? and the trigger guard rivets?
The original barrel pins were about 0.136"

The replacement barrel pins that Czechpoint supplies for building kits with the D-Technik receiver is about 0.158" The receiver is dimpled to indicate where the barrel pin hole is milled/drilled.

The long receiver cover detent has it's bottom end resting on the long finger of the trigger feather spring. Looking down into the receiver from the top with the front forward, the right hand finger extends rearward into the opening at the rear of the receiver and the detent comes down it's hole from the top and rests on this spring.

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 05, 2018, 01:15   #3
Ghost
Registered

Thank you ftierson,
I think some things would be more self evident if I had a receiver in hand.
I just missed out on the CNC Warrior run. Hoping they do another run.

From what I gather the FCG I chose will be contingent on the receiver I find? Original axis pins vs. proprietary.
Old June 17, 2018, 23:20   #4
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
If you want to do a test fit of all the parts you have on the cheap, to make sure you are not missing anything,

https://www.clearviewinvest.com/akdu...composite.aspx
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2018, 14:09   #5
Ghost
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
If you want to do a test fit of all the parts you have on the cheap, to make sure you are not missing anything,

https://www.clearviewinvest.com/akdu...composite.aspx
thats neat, thanks for the link.

I got in on the very end of the new CNC warrior receiver run, so I've got a receiver shipping today!
Old June 20, 2018, 15:15   #6
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Congratulations, Ghost. I was not even aware CNC warrior was doing another run. He makes good stuff but his prices make IMBEL receivers look cheap at times.
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2018, 19:10   #7
Ghost
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Congratulations, Ghost. I was not even aware CNC warrior was doing another run. He makes good stuff but his prices make IMBEL receivers look cheap at times.
I almost missed out on it. Now I need to figure out the tooling I'll need to get it all together, primarily pressing the barrel. Actually looks like a pretty easy build.