The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2019, 11:29   #1
Bubacus
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13971
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,684
Why you always demand a warrant during a raid..

These guys watched too many episodes of the Shield. They missed the day at the academy about something called the 4th amendment. Bullying a woman and her daughters to open a door, backhanding and threatening to shoot a dog. These guys are all lawyers wet dream though..The video footage is unreal.



https://framinghamsource.com/index.p...th-no-warrant/

FRAMINGHAM – A Framingham family has shared a home security video of members of the MetroWest Drug Task Force at their house last week. The family alleges members of the task forced illegally entered and searched their house, without a warrant, among other allegations.

The video was shared with SOURCE, other Boston media, and nationally.

“These police officers raided our home with no warrant in front of our children,” wrote Antoninette Callahan. “They forced entry into our home and threatened to kill our pregnant dog! They committed an illegal search and seizure, took all of our savings and our legally owned guns, literally took the cash out of our pockets!”

“Now we are need to hire a lawyer to fight for our constitutional rights,” wrote Callahan in launching the GoFundMe seeking to raise $10,000. “We are good hard working patriotic Americans and they have robbed us down to our last pennies.”

No arrests were made on August 7. There is no log entry in the public Framingham Police log.

(Updated): Framingham Police issued this statement after 2:45 p.m. today: “On August 7, 2019 members of Natick and Framingham Police, assigned to the MetroWest Drug Task Force applied for a search warrant in connection with an ongoing investigation into a Prior Drive residence in Framingham.”

Prior Drive is located near Framingham High School and Central Street.

“Probable cause was found to issue the search warrant, and officers subsequently executed it at the home,” said the statement from the Framingham Police and the City of Framingham.

The search warrant was not available to the public (or media) today, August 12.

“Pursuant to the investigation police have applied for criminal charges, and a hearing is scheduled,” said Framingham Police and the City of Framingham in a statement. No other details were provided.

“As this is an ongoing and active investigation no additional information can be released at this time,” said the statement.
__________________
Bubacus
Bubacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2019, 11:59   #2
Right Side Up
Registered
 
Right Side Up's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,866
A comedy of errors. The woman has some parenting to do. When you let your son run a drug business out of the house...expect the police to come around. Where is the Dad in all this? He needs to apply a size 12 to the son's back side.
Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2019, 11:59   #3
Wil-C
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17357
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tx.
Posts: 1,132
1. when the popo are at the door, NEVER OPEN THE DOOR.

2. when the popo are at the door, NEVER OPEN THE DOOR.

3. when the popo are at the door, NEVER OPEN THE DOOR.

those are the first three rules for when the law is at your door.

it is entirely lawful for an individual to speak to the law via a window cracked open, there is NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT for an individual to open the door to speak to the law.

Along with that, THERE IS NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT for an individual to speak to the law when they are at the door. An individual has no legal obligation to consent to a conversation with a cop during a non-consensual contact with a cop. This includes at your front door or any non-consensual contact by LE.
__________________
"A gun is a tool" .....Shane.
Wil-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2019, 14:16   #4
the gman
Registered
 
the gman's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5179
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NM
Posts: 7,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil-C View Post
1. when the popo are at the door, NEVER OPEN THE DOOR.

2. when the popo are at the door, NEVER OPEN THE DOOR.

3. when the popo are at the door, NEVER OPEN THE DOOR.

those are the first three rules for when the law is at your door.

it is entirely lawful for an individual to speak to the law via a window cracked open, there is NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT for an individual to open the door to speak to the law.

Along with that, THERE IS NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT for an individual to speak to the law when they are at the door. An individual has no legal obligation to consent to a conversation with a cop during a non-consensual contact with a cop. This includes at your front door or any non-consensual contact by LE.
*You* *are* *an* *idiot*. That is all.

I show up at your house with a search warrant, I am knocking, announcing who I am and what my business is. You have 30 seconds to open the door or I and my friends, pursuant to the search warrant, based upon probable cause and signed by a judge, will open your door for you. After that, you will be detained in handcuffs, you will be searched for weapons and other items specified in the search warrant (if applicable) then the warrant will be executed.

You will be provided a copy of the warrant and the inventory list of the items seized during the execution of the warrant and you will have your day in court at a later time. I didn't watch the video because the moron has already lied in stating the coppers didn't have a warrant which they did. You get a copy of the warrant at the END of the execution, not before.

Here's the truth of what happened:

https://framinghamsource.com/index.p...amingham-raid/

Quote:
FRAMINGHAM – Members of the MetroWest Drug Task Force seized 20 marijuana plants, more than $1,700 and multiple weapons and ammunition at a Prior Drive resident on August 7, according to a search warrant obtained by SOURCE at the Framingham Court House.

Members of the Framingham and Natick Police participated in the drug raid at 47 Prior Drive in Framingham on August 7.
Quote:
The 13-page search warrant was first made available today, August 13, at the court house

According to the warrant, Framingham Police received “numerous complaints” that over the “past few months, cars have been pulling up in front of 47 Prior Drive … and waiting for a young male to exit the house. As the male exits the dwelling, he enters the passenger seat of these waiting vehicles, a short exchange occurs, the young male leaves the vehicle, and enters 47 Prior Dr., while the other vehicle leaves. This is said to occur multiple times a day and with multiple different vehicles,” wrote Framingham Police to the judge to obtain the warrant to search the Prior Drive property.
Quote:
At 4:40 p.m., according to the warrant, Police arrived at 47 Prior Drive and announced themselves to Antoinette Callahan. A Framingham detective found three rooms with marijuana plants, and estimated more than the 12 plants allowed under Massachusetts law for two adults in the home.

Police later seized almost 250 grams of marijuana and 20 marijuana plants, according to the warrant.

Police also seized multiple guns and ammunition, and the license to carry card for both Antoinette Callahan and Ryan Fogarty.

Police in the warrant said they were seeking evidence to charge individuals at 47 Prior Drive for distribution of a class D substance (marijuana) and manufacturing & cultivation of a Class D drug.
__________________
A sucking chest wound is God's way of telling you that you will take no further part in the firefight.

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2019, 23:17   #5
Wil-C
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17357
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tx.
Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
*You* *are* *an* *idiot*. That is all.
again, when the cops are at your door without a warrant, never open the door for the cops.

And again, your response is the very reason why an individual should never open the door for the cops sans warrant.

But like most cops, you just could not resist trying to twist the law into something else via your usual verbal judo, in addition to attempting to escalate things via a personal insult.

Nope, I've never personally insulted you despite this and previous personal insults. I have spoken the truth to you every time I've encountered this behavior from yourself. It's far better to let you prove who and what you are as well as prove what cops do in terms of escalating things.

It is again proof why one should not view LE as trustworthy and sans warrant.........NEVER OPEN THE DOOR, it is your right.
__________________
"A gun is a tool" .....Shane.
Wil-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2019, 23:35   #6
Combloc
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 55596
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 943
No warrant = no search without consent. Period.

All of those cops should be fired if they had no warrant.
__________________
I ain't too bright!
Forums are for furthering knowledge, not bragging about what you've got.
Combloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2019, 00:05   #7
Right Side Up
Registered
 
Right Side Up's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combloc View Post
No warrant = no search without consent. Period.

All of those cops should be fired if they had no warrant.
Yeah they can search without consent. May not be legal, but you ain't going to stop them.
Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2019, 00:11   #8
Combloc
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 55596
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 943
But I'll die trying.
__________________
I ain't too bright!
Forums are for furthering knowledge, not bragging about what you've got.
Combloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2019, 00:27   #9
Right Side Up
Registered
 
Right Side Up's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,866
And you might. best to let the lawyer fight it after the fact.
Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2019, 01:36   #10
the gman
Registered
 
the gman's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5179
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NM
Posts: 7,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil-C View Post
again, when the cops are at your door without a warrant, never open the door for the cops.

And again, your response is the very reason why an individual should never open the door for the cops sans warrant.

But like most cops, you just could not resist trying to twist the law into something else via your usual verbal judo, in addition to attempting to escalate things via a personal insult.

Nope, I've never personally insulted you despite this and previous personal insults. I have spoken the truth to you every time I've encountered this behavior from yourself. It's far better to let you prove who and what you are as well as prove what cops do in terms of escalating things.

It is again proof why one should not view LE as trustworthy and sans warrant.........NEVER OPEN THE DOOR, it is your right.
They HAD a warrant. That's why I said you were an idiot.

The person who released the video is both a liar and a criminal so I need not waste any time watching shit they post.

You can choose what you want to do or not to do. It is rare I go to a house without a reason to do so. I am usually summoned to the residences I go to because the occupants therein decide they cannot live their lives without asking me or my colleagues to play referee in their existence. They may have been called in by their neighbors because they are engaged in an argument that is so loud, so violent and/or public, it makes other people concerned for what is happening in their house.

Other than that, they may have been the victim of a crime or be a person of interest in a crime or a potential witness to a crime. They may have lost an item or have a dog or other livestock out of their property. I may need to advise them to leave their residence because there is a fire next door or a danger to their safety and well being that requires them to at least be aware of it. I may have been called by a crisis hotline or family member advising you have indicated you intend to take your own life. I may have been dispatched to your residence because of a medical emergency or alarm call referred to our dispatch office by a 3rd party.

It may surprise you to know that I and other members of my agency have done all of the above things in the last 2 weeks. You can speak to me and other deputies or officers through your cracked window if you so choose. However, if I am serving a warrant or I have an exigency, I will be speaking to you face to face.
__________________
A sucking chest wound is God's way of telling you that you will take no further part in the firefight.

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2019, 09:16   #11
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,349
Did they have the warrant on August 7th? Gman posted something stating it was "made available" on the 13th. When was it actually born? Was it loudly and repeatedly proclaimed upon the knock at the door?
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2019, 10:06   #12
crffl
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 693
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Pa
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
*You* *are* *an* *idiot*. That is all.

Here's the truth of what happened:

https://framinghamsource.com/index.p...amingham-raid/
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
They HAD a warrant. That's why I said you were an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Did they have the warrant on August 7th?

Unless I'm reading it wrong, according to reference posted by 'the gman' they DID NOT have it YET so I believe the answer is NO they did not have a warrant at the time of entrance but were 'securing the home' while the search warrant was being obtained.


Quote:
At 4:10 p.m., Police observed Gineto Callahan enter his home and enter a Honda in his driveway. Police followed Callahan and stopped him on Concord Street, according to the warrant.

Callahan, according to the warrant, was read his rights and waived them, said the warrant.


Callahan told Police, according to the warrant, “he did sell an ounce of marijuana to a kid and received $200 for the ounce.” He told police the money was in his 47 Prior Drive house.

According to the warrant, he told Police “he just sells marijuana for extra cash and picks up about three zips a month (slang for an ounce.)”

Police asked him if he grows marijuana, and Callahan told Police no, according to the warrant.

Based on the confession to Police, according to the warrant, Police “decided to secure the home at 47 Prior Dr. and apply for a search warrant.”

At 4:40 p.m., according to the warrant, Police arrived at 47 Prior Drive and announced themselves to Antoinette Callahan.

It then goes on to say the 'actual search' was conducted later at 9:19 p.m


Quote:
The search was conducted by the MetroWest Drug Task Force. It officially began at 9;19 p.m. on August 7 and ended at 11:31 p.m. that day, according to court documents.


A different article at https://patch.com/massachusetts/fram...mpts-criticism

mentions that

Quote:
While securing the home is an exception to the warrant requirement under the Fourth Amendment, it is only allowed when the police are already in the process of obtaining a warrant and there's reason to believe evidence in the case will be destroyed.

which seems to confirm the issue. So it would seem then the issue becomes was the application for the warrant already in process AND did they believe that the evidence was at risk of destruction? Or was it

Quote:
opportunity to conduct a warrantless search and thereby violate the Fourth Amendment.
That's a question for the courts


.
__________________
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

"Any apologists who make excuses for those who fail in their contractual obligations to honor their word, only try to lower the standards for all." - Gunplumber 3/8/04
crffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2019, 10:08   #13
0302
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 348
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 8,879
This brings back a smile. My sister had a drug dealing shit bag husband. One night she, her husband, all her kids, her father-in-law, mother-in-law, cousins, and some of the dip shits in-laws were sitting around watching Jeopardy and the Johnson County Sheriff Made a visit, ripped the front door right off the front of the house, put the whole clan down on the floor and zip tied them all. I only wish I had photos of the whole herd tied up with plastic. They sure as hell didn’t sit there and insist upon reading the fine print of the warrant. Probably very lucky nobody got shot. I think my brother-in-law shit his pants.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019, 00:12   #14
Wil-C
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17357
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tx.
Posts: 1,132
[QUOTE=the gman;4777318]They HAD a warrant. That's why I said you were an idiot.

wrong, you tried to escalate the situation via an uncalled for personal insult, which is a behavior far too common amongst LE nowadays.
they did NOT have a warrant, the cop specifically says it in the beginning of the video, then forced themselves into the house because the woman made the cardinal mistake and proves what I wrote was the truth.

SANS WARRANT NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE COPS....

And typical for so many cops nowadays, you tried to provoke and escalate things via the arrogance of your ignorance, that being demonstrated by the fact that had you watched the video, you would have known what I said was the truth. Yet the second thing coming out of your mouth was the ignorant statement that they had a warrant, when the cop in the video openly states they dont have a warrant.

SANS WARRANT NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE COPS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
The person who released the video is both a liar and a criminal so I need not waste any time watching shit they post.
Again, you prove what I said about the arrogance of your ignorance to be the truth by openly admitting what I said about the content of your behavior and the reason for it. Had you watched the video you would have seen within the first 10 seconds where the woman specifically stated the cops will not be allowed into the house without a warrant and the cop openly states THEY DO NOT HAVE A WARRANT AT THAT TIME. Consequently they forced themselves into the house.

It is also your behavior here why people should never open the door for the police as they are not to be considered trustworthy, this includes you based on the content of your behavior.
It hasn't escaped my attention that you've said nothing about the fact the cops, after forcing their way into the house, threaten to engage in the cruelty of shooting the family's pet. They force their way into the house when the woman specifically told them they were not allowed to come into the house without a warrant. Then when the family pet reacts to strangers, they threaten animal cruelty for a situation they caused.

Again you prove what I said to be the truth, SANS WARRANT NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE POLICE.

they, including you, are not to be considered trustworthy unless or until they prove themselves trustworthy. Until such time they, including you, should rightfully be viewed and treated with mistrust and a possible lethal danger to the family and pets.


Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
You can choose what you want to do or not to do. It is rare I go to a house without a reason to do so. I am usually summoned to the residences I go to because the occupants therein decide they cannot live their lives without asking me or my colleagues to play referee in their existence. They may have been called in by their neighbors because they are engaged in an argument that is so loud, so violent and/or public, it makes other people concerned for what is happening in their house.

Other than that, they may have been the victim of a crime or be a person of interest in a crime or a potential witness to a crime. They may have lost an item or have a dog or other livestock out of their property. I may need to advise them to leave their residence because there is a fire next door or a danger to their safety and well being that requires them to at least be aware of it. I may have been called by a crisis hotline or family member advising you have indicated you intend to take your own life. I may have been dispatched to your residence because of a medical emergency or alarm call referred to our dispatch office by a 3rd party.

It may surprise you to know that I and other members of my agency have done all of the above things in the last 2 weeks. You can speak to me and other deputies or officers through your cracked window if you so choose. However, if I am serving a warrant or I have an exigency, I will be speaking to you face to face.
Again, you prove what I wrote is the truth, none of what you stated here has anything to do with the video, THE COPS ADMITTED THEY DIDN'T HAVE A WARRANT, and is the written equivalent of the verbal judo cops use to deliberately confuse the public and obscure the truth. And is the far too common behavior of LE nowadays and proves what I wrote is the truth.

Cops, including you, should not be trusted unless or until they prove themselves to be trustworthy hence the truth I stated:

SANS WARRANT NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE COPS.

There is no legal requirement for an individual to open the door or consent to a conversation with a cop either in a consensual encounter or non-consensual.

That is the law, and a civil right of the public, and being a cop you should damn well know it and abide by it.
__________________
"A gun is a tool" .....Shane.
Wil-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019, 01:25   #15
Right Side Up
Registered
 
Right Side Up's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,866
Right, don't open the door....IF you let your son deal drugs right out of the freaking house. What a dumb bitch.
Right Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019, 01:53   #16
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor
 
Jaxxas's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 34933
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,255
+1

Cops are allowed to lie (encouraged?), it's the new norm! Could be a genetic thing or just a basic lack of proper upbringing.

ymmv




[QUOTE=Wil-C;4777711]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
They HAD a warrant. That's why I said you were an idiot.

wrong, you tried to escalate the situation via an uncalled for personal insult, which is a behavior far too common amongst LE nowadays.
they did NOT have a warrant, the cop specifically says it in the beginning of the video, then forced themselves into the house because the woman made the cardinal mistake and proves what I wrote was the truth.

SANS WARRANT NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE COPS....

And typical for so many cops nowadays, you tried to provoke and escalate things via the arrogance of your ignorance, that being demonstrated by the fact that had you watched the video, you would have known what I said was the truth. Yet the second thing coming out of your mouth was the ignorant statement that they had a warrant, when the cop in the video openly states they dont have a warrant.

SANS WARRANT NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE COPS.




Again, you prove what I said about the arrogance of your ignorance to be the truth by openly admitting what I said about the content of your behavior and the reason for it. Had you watched the video you would have seen within the first 10 seconds where the woman specifically stated the cops will not be allowed into the house without a warrant and the cop openly states THEY DO NOT HAVE A WARRANT AT THAT TIME. Consequently they forced themselves into the house.

It is also your behavior here why people should never open the door for the police as they are not to be considered trustworthy, this includes you based on the content of your behavior.
It hasn't escaped my attention that you've said nothing about the fact the cops, after forcing their way into the house, threaten to engage in the cruelty of shooting the family's pet. They force their way into the house when the woman specifically told them they were not allowed to come into the house without a warrant. Then when the family pet reacts to strangers, they threaten animal cruelty for a situation they caused.

Again you prove what I said to be the truth, SANS WARRANT NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE POLICE.

they, including you, are not to be considered trustworthy unless or until they prove themselves trustworthy. Until such time they, including you, should rightfully be viewed and treated with mistrust and a possible lethal danger to the family and pets.




Again, you prove what I wrote is the truth, none of what you stated here has anything to do with the video, THE COPS ADMITTED THEY DIDN'T HAVE A WARRANT, and is the written equivalent of the verbal judo cops use to deliberately confuse the public and obscure the truth. And is the far too common behavior of LE nowadays and proves what I wrote is the truth.

Cops, including you, should not be trusted unless or until they prove themselves to be trustworthy hence the truth I stated:

SANS WARRANT NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE COPS.

There is no legal requirement for an individual to open the door or consent to a conversation with a cop either in a consensual encounter or non-consensual.

That is the law, and a civil right of the public, and being a cop you should damn well know it and abide by it.
__________________
“I'm not sure what part of the internet sent you to us, but I expect it had something to do with gravity. You have not reached your point of equilibrium." W.E.G.

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019, 07:34   #17
TedKennedy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77344
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 1,218
Seems to me, after reading the article a couple times, that they had no warrant. I didn't watch the video, I'm sure it's the often repeated scenario.

I live in a state where MJ is legally grown and sold. I fully understand that is not the case in the raid.

So, two questions: Who is the victim in the MJ growing/selling incident?

Also - if there is really no victim, and the law being enforced is simply a rule imposed by lawmakers - (as exemplified by states that have legal MJ sales), what other victimless rules are these heroes willing to kick in your door, shoot your dog, kidnap or kill you for?
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019, 08:10   #18
TenTea
Registered
Contributor
 
TenTea's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 72247
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisco
Posts: 5,238
Our society sure has a heap of trouble due to an herb.
Pretty sure we have larger problems to deal with.
I hope their dogs were uninjured by the right hooks thrown by the cop.
__________________
The trick is in what one emphasizes.
We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy.
The amount of work is the same.


Carlos Castenada
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 26, 2019, 21:24   #19
RG Coburn
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 27406
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 21,349
Ever notice cops don't act this way when its economic crimes? Or political crimes? Why is that?
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 03, 2019, 08:01   #20
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
hueyville's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74557
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Foothills of the Blueridge Mountains
Posts: 6,378
These signs are posted at every entrance to my house. Want them thinking about how bad they want to clock out of shift rather than have a flag draped casket if show up. Give me time to put on my pants and call 911 to see if cops are actually dispatched to my address and will unlock the door. We have a rash of home invasions happening in North ATL area where five men dressed in black knock and order to open door as have warrant. If open they hold occupants at gunpoint while have husband help round up all valuables. If do not open two turn 180° to provide cover while other three pull crow bars and pop the door open. Also been several innocents shot when police with warrant tried serving at wrong address. Once on a deaf man who could not hear commands and was killed when did not drop pistol and cops were at wrong apartment complex.

[URL[/URL]

[URL[/URL]
__________________
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 04, 2019, 11:43   #21
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 11,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Our society sure has a heap of trouble due to an herb.
Pretty sure we have larger problems to deal with.
I hope their dogs were uninjured by the right hooks thrown by the cop.
Yep.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 09, 2019, 22:55   #22
juanni
TROLL
 
FALaholic #: 2439
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: up a creek in MT
Posts: 17,583
Update 9/5/19

Police told the residents they did not have a search warrant, but they were there to secure the 47 Prior Drive home until they obtained one.
https://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...hat-went-viral

OK, now that is cleared up, why did the police have to secure the home?

Didn't sound like anyone knew they were about to be raided and were setting to destroy evidence.

According to a 2003 Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruling, police do have a right to enter a home without a search warrant if they have specific information that leads them to believe evidence is going to be destroyed.

“We have not had occasion to consider whether the authority to secure a dwelling allows police officers to enter a dwelling and conduct a limited search in order to ascertain whether the dwelling is unoccupied,” according to the decision in the 2003 case of the state vs. Juan DeJesus. “We conclude that there is a fundamental difference between securing or controlling the perimeter of a dwelling from the outside and the entry and physical surveillance of a dwelling from the inside. We now hold that police officers who secure a dwelling while a warrant is being sought in order to prevent destruction or removal of evidence may not enter that dwelling, in the absence of specific information supporting an objectively reasonable belief that evidence will indeed be removed or destroyed unless preventative measures are taken.”

https://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...ily-calls-foul



............juanni
__________________
Bawana jim; 'I was trying to get to the point he would realize that because of debt the world has improved.'
juanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:02   #23
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
hueyville's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 74557
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Foothills of the Blueridge Mountains
Posts: 6,378
Most of wife's sisters and cousins have minimum of Masters Degrees from Universities located from New York to Boston. For some reason a few went that way and majority followed. Needless to say most are super liberal, Trump hating, anti gun supporters and it blows their mind first time they visited. Come up on front porch and read a sign telling cops to slow their roll or risk being met with force necessary to repel them was a total brain melting concept. Then when entered and noticed rifles/handguns very handy of which many are AR 15's to FN FAL's equipped with huge magazines and "silencers" they actually have asked me if could unload and put them away to which I politely said no and if they keep hands off no will sprout legs and a brain then go on a killing spree as become self aware.

Two who came to visit decided to stay at a hotel rather than our guest room. Amazes me how ignorant of a simple mechanical device they can be as we're afraid guns might accidentally discharge and hurt/kill someone. The suppressed SBRs and suppressed pistols on night stands really freak them out and can't comrehend I don't want to look for ear plugs or blind myself with own muzzle flash if door is smashed down in middle of night. Just want to get to work.
__________________
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files