Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old September 12, 2018, 17:26   #1
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
paris is a piss-hole

[IMG][/IMG]
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2018, 17:41   #2
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Paris has long been a piss-hole. Hitler famously toured the city in 1940 and afterwards decided not to bother burning it to the ground. Evidently decided it wasn't worth the effort.
Old September 12, 2018, 17:47   #3
imacoonass01
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80275
Oh well.
Old September 12, 2018, 17:51   #4
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Europe is a shiphole because of 911 and what happened since. I blame the neocons and their breatherin the clintons and ‘anyone’ associated with that cabal of qunts!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The point of the journey, is not to arrive..." Hexabuzz.
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2018, 18:11   #5
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trypcil View Post
Europe is a shiphole because of 911 and what happened since. I blame the neocons and their breatherin the clintons and ‘anyone’ associated with that cabal of qunts!
Yes, Paris...the home of street side Urinals
the only real problem with Paris is it is full of the damn' French
a scabbish lot if there ever were one
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2018, 19:42   #6
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
so if we send a USMC expeditionary force to kill everything that moves it will be easier for the fleet of front end loaders to clean it up & then the fire crews to hose it down
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2018, 19:58   #7
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
I’ve spent a considerable amount of time there. I want to take the wife there once because she’s never been. The real French I have no problem with.

It’s probably been 8 years since I’ve been in the main downtown area. My main recollection is some viscious hangovers drinking red wine. I rarely got into the ghetto area. I can only imagine how they though are getting on the Metro stinking up the nice parts of the city these days.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2018, 20:34   #8
loneeagle308
Registered

FALaholic #: 3246
I don't need to travel overseas to find a mainstream shithole. San Francisco Tenderloin is only 3 blocks from where I am a student. Plenty of fun walking back to the dorm after classes through the ghetto with $5k of camera gear and just a knife.
loneeagle308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2018, 07:17   #9
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Lets not Piss on our French Brothers and Sisters, lets Piss on those that wish them Ill!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Old September 13, 2018, 09:57   #10
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
I still chuckle every time I think of the two school teachers here that retired early but felt they couldn't live on their retirement here in the USA so they moved to France.

He was a big time target shooter and couldn't own a gun in France.
Old September 13, 2018, 10:06   #11
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
InfoWars = Alex Jones = hatchet job. Paris, London, NYC, LA, Detroit, Chicago, Moscow: it doesn't matter the locale, a hatchet job is a hatchet job. You can find dirty laundry, rats and riots anywhere.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.
Old September 13, 2018, 10:24   #12
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero1911 View Post
InfoWars = Alex Jones = hatchet job. Paris, London, NYC, LA, Detroit, Chicago, Moscow: it doesn't matter the locale, a hatchet job is a hatchet job. You can find dirty laundry, rats and riots anywhere.

Thank you for telling us what we are allowed to think, freedom is so confusing
Old September 13, 2018, 11:46   #13
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
I The real French I have no problem with.
This. Spent a few days in Paris on a business trip back in '85 or so. The Parisians were obnoxious, the city was filthy. Outside of Paris and in other regions of France, the people were very, very nice.

As a colleague said " Kind of like going to New York, wasn't it ? "

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2018, 11:48   #14
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero1911 View Post

Can't speak to those places other than Chicago.. Other than the Southside and the Westside ghettos ruled by gangs, the majority of Chicago is a pretty nice place for a major city. Downtown/Loop is generally nice and pretty clean, the Lakefront and related parks are great, and there are lots of good neighbhorhoods to be found.

All the filth and scum accumulate in the same couple of areas and most decent people know to avoid those areas. You'd be safer in the middle east than in some of those areas.
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2018, 14:08   #15
pistolero1911
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
All the filth and scum accumulate in the same couple of areas and most decent people know to avoid those areas. You'd be safer in the middle east than in some of those areas.
My point exactly. Nearly every large metropolis has such areas. Locals and the informed visitor know enough to stay away.

What the InfoWars piece failed to mention was that Paris also has such cultural icons as the Louvre, Pompidou, Rodan museum, Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, Champs Eylsees, etc, etc.

Last edited by pistolero1911; September 13, 2018 at 20:47.
pistolero1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2018, 20:33   #16
GALILAR308
Registered

FALaholic #: 2893
I have been to Paris on several occasions. There are some good parts and some bad parts. The bad parts are just like the bad parts back home in NY. I try not to go to the bad parts unless necessary. Paris has a lot to see, champs elysee,the louvre,napoleons tomb,Montmartre. Food is great,women are beautiful and well dressed. A lot of history. Haven’t been there in a few years. I would go in a second if I had the time.
GALILAR308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2018, 20:56   #17
Bawana jim
Registered

I have been to some big cities in Kali and Reno Nevada, Vegas, Phoenix, San Antonio but the biggest was Houston when it had 8 million people. Folks warned my wife and I which parts of Houston to stay out of. Went to Dubai and walked the streets shopping for my wife stuff and stopped in Bagdad going in and out. Most dangerous place to be is on any highway because more folks die there than anywhere.
Old September 14, 2018, 11:30   #18
GALILAR308
Registered

Hitler did not burn Paris down after 1940. Lots of nazis wanted to be stationed there. In 1944 when the allies were approaching Paris, hitler did not want the city to fall to the allies and he ordered the city burned. But his general refused and handed the city over intact. All the people knocking Paris,how many have ever been there?
Old September 14, 2018, 13:38   #19
pistolero1911
Registered

I used to live in Belgium [home of the FAL!!!], and would visit Paris on a regular basis. To date it is the only city I have visited that I like more with each successive visit.

My all-time favorite city is Rome, but Paris is a close second, warts and all.

In the USA, there are only a few cities that I consider worthy of international recognition as great places: New Orleans, NYC, Chicago and Miami top my list, with the west coast cities of San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle occupying tier two.

Never a fan of Boston [folks can't drive worth a s**t], D.C. [too many snakes on two legs], or L.A. [too much... everything]. I probably consider NOLA my #1 in the USA.
Old September 14, 2018, 13:57   #20
GALILAR308
Registered

I agree Paris is a great place. Truly one the great cities of the world. I like Paris over Rome. I like Florence better.
Old September 14, 2018, 14:37   #21
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Sure before slandering another’s, we should tend to our own.