W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Don't cut off California

From
http://blog.crpa.org/?page_id=3374

Don’t Cut Off California!

Gun owners in California need your help and support! On their behalf, the California Rifle and Pistol Association is initiating a campaign to encourage out-of-state sellers of firearms not to cut off California customers! Any licensed dealer in California would be more than happy to assist out-of-state sellers to ensure a smooth and legal transaction on behalf of California customers.

The California Firearms License Check is a dealer requirement. It does not apply to private persons shipping firearms to a dealer in California. As for dealers, there is no cost to sign up with the state or to verify a CA license. Obtaining an approval number prior to shipping to CA takes less than a minute. On the other hand, you could just dismiss about 15% of your potential customers and avoid this process.

Unlicensed persons in any state may ship firearms to California dealers. The shipper need not be an FFL dealer. An unlicensed person shipping a firearm to a California dealer need not do so via the CFLC process. However, the seller is still required to ship the firearm to a licensed dealer in California.

Knowing what may and may not be sold here is the responsibility of the California dealer. It is not up to sellers in other states, licensed or not, to determine whether the handgun they have is on the roster of handguns approved for sale in CA. The dealer will transfer the gun in compliance with the CA law. Just because a handgun is not on the approved list does not mean a dealer may not receive it or sell it.

Refusing to sell to California is not “teaching CA gun owners a lesson.” You are doing exactly what some in public office are hoping, that is to make gun ownership more difficult in the state. What starts here moves elsewhere. Hang together or hang separately.

The California Department of Justice has an excellent web link, explaining and outlining the CFLC process including a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s). We encourage you to use the resources provided.

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcoverview

On behalf of the membership of the California Rifle and Pistol Association and all California gun owners, please support and stand with your loyal customers in California!

Thank you very much and for more information on the CRPA, please visit our website at www.CRPA.org.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 14:23   #2
HighRatMaster
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 19296
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
From

Don’t Cut Off California!

Gun owners in California need your help and support! On their behalf, the California Rifle and Pistol Association is initiating a campaign to encourage out-of-state sellers of firearms not to cut off California customers! Any licensed dealer in California would be more than happy to assist out-of-state sellers to ensure a smooth and legal transaction on behalf of California customers.

The California Firearms License Check is a dealer requirement. It does not apply to private persons shipping firearms to a dealer in California. As for dealers, there is no cost to sign up with the state or to verify a CA license. Obtaining an approval number prior to shipping to CA takes less than a minute. On the other hand, you could just dismiss about 15% of your potential customers and avoid this process.

Unlicensed persons in any state may ship firearms to California dealers. The shipper need not be an FFL dealer. An unlicensed person shipping a firearm to a California dealer need not do so via the CFLC process. However, the seller is still required to ship the firearm to a licensed dealer in California.

Knowing what may and may not be sold here is the responsibility of the California dealer. It is not up to sellers in other states, licensed or not, to determine whether the handgun they have is on the roster of handguns approved for sale in CA. The dealer will transfer the gun in compliance with the CA law. Just because a handgun is not on the approved list does not mean a dealer may not receive it or sell it.

Refusing to sell to California is not “teaching CA gun owners a lesson.” You are doing exactly what some in public office are hoping, that is to make gun ownership more difficult in the state. What starts here moves elsewhere. Hang together or hang separately.

The California Department of Justice has an excellent web link, explaining and outlining the CFLC process including a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s). We encourage you to use the resources provided.

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcoverview

On behalf of the membership of the California Rifle and Pistol Association and all California gun owners, please support and stand with your loyal customers in California!

Thank you very much and for more information on the CRPA, please visit our website at www.CRPA.org.

It doesn't matter what you miss them with.

"You in or out?" "I'll take his legs."
HighRatMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 11:21   #3
4 brigada
Registered

FALaholic #: 17849
Thanks W.E.G for posting it.
Old November 13, 2012, 06:57   #4
K. Funk
Real Life Metallurgist
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 38
I ship to CA all the time, no big deal. I have sold more SKS's to CA than anywhere else.

krf

You never know what's going on inside the mind of a crazy man!!

Check out username kandainv on Gunbroker; always some neat stuff!!
FYB!!!!
K. Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 11:27   #5
N4KVE
Registered

FALaholic #: 19120
I still don't understand what the Ca. gov't could do to anybody in a free state who send's hi cap mags to someone in Ca. It's not a fed crime to send hi cap mags in the mail, the post office has no problem with that, so if a postman is delivering a box of hi cap mags, & drops the package, & mags spill out, what could the Ca gov't do to the sender who has broken no law in their free state? Will Ca send a local cop to arrest the sender in the free state where the package was sent from. Will they drag the sender back to Ca to face charges? I mean what can they do? GARY
N4KVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 14:50   #6
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
From

I do not understand this, what is the dealer supposed to do with a gun they receive not on the roster?

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 15:04   #7
EinheitElf
Registered

FALaholic #: 21533
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
I still don't understand what the Ca. gov't could do to anybody in a free state who send's hi cap mags to someone in Ca. It's not a fed crime to send hi cap mags in the mail, the post office has no problem with that, so if a postman is delivering a box of hi cap mags, & drops the package, & mags spill out, what could the Ca gov't do to the sender who has broken no law in their free state? Will Ca send a local cop to arrest the sender in the free state where the package was sent from. Will they drag the sender back to Ca to face charges? I mean what can they do? GARY
They will do crap to us as the receiver and the 'importer' of the hicap/std cap mags.... NOW IF THE MAGS ARE DISASSEMBLED there is no issue, perfectly legal ....... and yes I agree that it is almost impossible to tell if a mag is 'pre' or 'post' ban.... the biggest issues are guns made after 200... so you cannot say you had FN57 mags more than 10 rounds before the ban since it did not exist... but AR mags,AK,HK,FAL, beretta,glock(except gen 4), hk,etc ...all existed in 1 form or another. HOWEVER, you CAN use new fangled mag parts to make 10 rd ones or repair your old ones... so theoretically you can replace an old ar metal mag body with a magpul,along with the follower,etc.... BUT you should keep your old hicap parts 'just in case' to show you 'repaired' and did not 'make' a 'new' mag..

it is all fukkin stupid and this place needs a copule areas wiped out by a darwin asteroid....

So bottom line.... ANY I REPEAT ANY magazine CAN BE shipped to california AS LONG AS IT IS DISASSEMBLED, it is then up to the individual to do whatever is proper and legal.

Hoped this helped.
EinheitElf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 15:07   #8
EinheitElf
Registered

FALaholic #: 21533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
I do not understand this, what is the dealer supposed to do with a gun they receive not on the roster?
Basically they make the buyer check to see if it is 'safe enough' for him to own, if it is not on the 'roster' dealer wont accept... unless you are a cop or a politician, then you are god and can get what you want...

there are ways arround it but too long to list right now for me...
EinheitElf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 15:13   #9
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post

The way I handle it is as follows:

All my "internet" gun sales include the following language.

Shipping Rules (READ THIS!!!):

1. Shipment only to a licensed Federal Firearms License address.

2. Buyer must include with payment all information needed to identify buyer's FFL.

3. FFL must be verifiable online via the ATF web site at

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

4. Buyer must provide me with the full name of the FFL, and a contact
TELEPHONE NUMBER where the FFL actually answers his phone.

5. The FFL must be willing to talk to me on the telephone to discuss all pertinent
aspects of this transaction.

6. The FFL must verbally verify to me that he is willing to receive this item for you.

7. The FFL must verify that he will accept shipment from

a private citizen (a "non-licensee" in ATF-speak).

8. If the FFL cannot be reached by telephone, or will not verify his willingness to

receive the item for you, the deal is off, and I will return your payment to you.

9. No shipment to any location where this rifle is banned.

10. No shipment to any location where 30-round magazines are banned.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 16:10   #10
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
I just take everything down the neighborly place, put on 15% Obama surcharge, and sooner or later it sells.
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 20:22   #11
Brian in MN
Registered

FALaholic #: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
I just take everything down the neighborly place, put on 15% Obama surcharge, and sooner or later it sells.
You crack me up, Mebs.
Old November 16, 2012, 21:02   #12
John Crusher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 18663
When California passed the new law/regulation I had a fellow out there that wanted to buy a rifle from me so I read the law. He got the rifle and I got the $ and it was no big deal. I've sold several items out there and the Dealers I've dealt with where Stellar and I'd like to continue to help those behind enemy lines but am keeping what I got.