Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old February 23, 2018, 11:28   #51
Atla
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79587
And again, you prove my point.

As Christians we live to witness to bring others to Christ through word and deed. Even imperfectly, we strive to BE like Christ. Sure, we don't always say or do the correct thing. We have failings. But to be told your actions cause others to doubt your proclaimed beliefs, your reaction is to say, "You're opinion does not matter."

You're right, it doesn't. Ultimately God's opinion does.

But you seem to fail to grasp the idea that your witnessing is so horrifically poor and incorrect, I honestly don't believe you know Christ.

Because as a supposed former Sunday School teacher, you seem to lack even the most fundamental knowledge of Jesus Christ's teachings and the principles of the Christian faith.

And as someone who brags about raising his children in church, being raised himself, and teaching others, here you are - spreading worldly justification for the acceptance of evil and denouncing anything that is good with contemptuousness.

You're reaction in the Billy Graham thread, on the announcement of one of the greatest Crusaders for Christ's death to have ever existed, you come out with slimy innuendos and suggestions towards his character to take away from his accomplishments.

So no, I don't believe you are a Christian.

I think you're a troll, spreading misery and contempt for all that is good while justifying it with supposed experience studying and serving Christ.
Atla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2018, 11:47   #52
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Supposed nothing.

Witness? And what can one witness? Only what one observes or experiences.

No slimy innuendoes, well, OK, Graham hiring Bettie Page is true. Whether he plunged into the depths of her beliefs, I really can't say.

Graham did say some things on the Nixon tapes that may or may not be true, but in any case they were very inflammatory. When these came out a few years ago, he got amnesia faster than HRC. That happened.

I did raise my kids in church, I did pray for them every day. I always had questions about the KJV being truly the inspired word of God, etc...

I now believe it is not. Does that mean I don't believe in God? No, it does not.
The fact that my cynical view of life, abortion, and sanctimonious judges doesn't fit into your mold of what a Christian ought to look like means what exactly?

I made the statements that: A - someone in your lineage was mean and cruel enough, and loved his family enough, that he killed to eliminate the competition. Do you reckon that's true?

B - That God drowned His own children. Think, the Flood, and later the Pharaoh's army. Now, one of three things is true: He did drown His children, or - they weren't His children, or - the story is untrue.

Pick one.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2018, 13:08   #53
Atla
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79587
I have to apologize here, because I don't think it was fair of me to declare you not to be a Christian. But if you are, you are an extremely misguided one.

And as a former Sunday School teacher you seem to lack an understanding of WHY the Flood was done and WHY Paraoh's Army was destroyed. I can't figure out if you've never studied the Old Testament or the New Testament, but you're lack of basic knowledge and understanding of scripture leads me to think you did a great disservice to your Sunday School students.

And then you use your lack of understanding to justify the wanton slaughter of 600,000 unborn babies a year. Plus your use of ideological basis for a genocide. "It happens mostly to liberals, who cares?" "They ain't my kids!" "My Ancestors killed people, probably for resources or stuff, so what's the big deal?"

I abhor Islam, yet I wouldn't want them killing their own unborn children. Even if I have to spend the rest of my days fighting and killing them on the battlefield. Children DESERVE the right to life and the right to choose their path and actions.

There is nothing Christian nor morally correct in pre-determining someones life choices and choosing to end it based on your assumption of who they may turn out to be.

And how do you NOT know what Witnessing for Christ means? Seriously? It's sharing your faith. I shouldn't beat on you too much about that, because most Christians keep quiet about their faith for various reasons. But really? Really?

What Church did you go to? I grew up Lutheran, spent some time in a Methodist Church, then swapped to Southern Baptist, so I've seen a decent cross section. And unless you are handling snakes or something, I can't wrap my head around your lack of knowledge from a TEACHER and someone who spent a lifetime in church listening to sermons.

And as for Billy Graham, you "can't say" - but you can make nasty innuendo's about his character. That alone says a LOT about YOUR character.
Atla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2018, 13:28   #54
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atla View Post
I have to apologize here, because I don't think it was fair of me to declare you not to be a Christian. But if you are, you are an extremely misguided one.

And as a former Sunday School teacher you seem to lack an understanding of WHY the Flood was done and WHY Paraoh's Army was destroyed. I can't figure out if you've never studied the Old Testament or the New Testament, but you're lack of basic knowledge and understanding of scripture leads me to think you did a great disservice to your Sunday School students.

So were they HIS children? Not His children? Book wrong?

And then you use your lack of understanding to justify the wanton slaughter of 600,000 unborn babies a year. Plus your use of ideological basis for a genocide. "It happens mostly to liberals, who cares?" "They ain't my kids!" "My Ancestors killed people, probably for resources or stuff, so what's the big deal?"

I'm sitting at a desk on ground that was once inhabited by Indians. Meaner Indians displaced them. White folks replaced them with "civilized" Indians. Looking down the road, do I want my grandkids to have to deal with more savages, or less? (I can sit here comfortably, knowing a Comanche is unlikely to appear and lift my hair, because someone years ago had the love for HIS people to decimate the population. The Comanche did the same thing, and were wholly justified in doing so, they were simply outnumbered.

I abhor Islam, yet I wouldn't want them killing their own unborn children. Even if I have to spend the rest of my days fighting and killing them on the battlefield. Children DESERVE the right to life and the right to choose their path and actions.

Even if you thought there'd be a bunch of them to terrorize your grandkids?

There is nothing Christian nor morally correct in pre-determining someones life choices and choosing to end it based on your assumption of who they may turn out to be.

And how do you NOT know what Witnessing for Christ means? Seriously? It's sharing your faith. I shouldn't beat on you too much about that, because most Christians keep quiet about their faith for various reasons. But really? Really?

Really.

What Church did you go to? I grew up Lutheran, spent some time in a Methodist Church, then swapped to Southern Baptist, so I've seen a decent cross section. And unless you are handling snakes or something, I can't wrap my head around your lack of knowledge from a TEACHER and someone who spent a lifetime in church listening to sermons.

American Baptist, then Southern Baptist

And as for Billy Graham, you "can't say" - but you can make nasty innuendo's about his character. That alone says a LOT about YOUR character.
He crawfished on the Nixon tape thing. That's not innuendo.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2018, 17:11   #55
ICOM7800
Registered

FALaholic #: 65978
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCdnSoldierInTx View Post
Well, I'm dead set against abortions.

My Faith teaches me all life is sacred, and murdering babies is murder, period. I'm not hardcore on much, but I'm rock solid hardcore on that.

I get the life of the Mother thing, rape, and incest, and if the fetus is absolutely not viable, but other than those very very few situations, I'm 100% dead set against abortion.

Let the hate begin.

3, 2, 1, hate......
You wont get any hate from me.I feel the same way as you brother.
ICOM7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2018, 11:01   #56
RJCapt
Registered

FALaholic #: 12442
Quote:
Originally Posted by base704 View Post
Don't BAN anything...
The government has no right to tell anyone what to do with their lives.

Grow up, make your own decisions and own them.
I agree.

But there’s a problem.

A baby (or fetus for the sake of this discussion) is not a “part” of the mother’s body. It does not share the same DNA. The baby is it’s own person. The mother is simply a support system for him/her. An individuals “rights” end at their own body. If they end the life of another (the baby in this case), they have killed something not of their own. The intentional taking of life without threat is murder. Not a personal “choice”. And the “doctor/nurses” performing the act are complicit in the murder.

Abortion is first degree murder. The government has every right and responsibility to ban this, as it’s already a criminal act.

Any attempt to justify it is irrelevant and wrong. Whether you agree with Sanger and consider it useful to slow the propagation of a certain “type” of people, or you’ve made poor decisions and just “not ready” for children. It’s murder. Period.

Pete
RJCapt is online now   Reply With Quote