The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2018, 19:56   #51
Heisser Mann
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80843
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
Looks like Brother Heisser Mann has read both "The Two Babylons" by Alexander Hislop and "Roman Catholicism" by Loraine Boettner.

Don't know if he has , but sure looks like it.

Jarhead
I've seen, read and heard alot of anti-catholic screeds. Some of them influenced me to convert to Catholicism.
After all:


Last edited by Heisser Mann; December 11, 2018 at 20:04.
Heisser Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2018, 14:42   #52
Jarhead504
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 65022
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Orleans Area,LA
Posts: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisser Mann View Post
I've seen, read and heard alot of anti-catholic screeds. Some of them influenced me to convert to Catholicism.
After all:

They are not "screed" and they are not just anti-catholic; they are all about Christianity and The Bible.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2018, 17:03   #53
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 46494
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,417
On the lighter side---A scenario that nobody is talking about but the dots are starting to connect. Perhaps the Large Binocular Telescope that the Vatican calls LUCIFER is for spying on it's rival the Mormon Church? The Planet Kolob (the Mormon Master Planet) situated in the Galactic Republic is a prime target for the Catholic Church. Kolob is making so many "SPIRIT BABY'S" that the Vatican is terrified that the Universe will become Mormon and destroy the Roman Church. Stranger thoughts have occurred but this one probably takes the cake?
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 07:16   #54
1769
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 66611
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wells, Vermont, USA
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
On the lighter side---A scenario that nobody is talking about but the dots are starting to connect. Perhaps the Large Binocular Telescope that the Vatican calls LUCIFER is for spying on it's rival the Mormon Church? The Planet Kolob (the Mormon Master Planet) situated in the Galactic Republic is a prime target for the Catholic Church. Kolob is making so many "SPIRIT BABY'S" that the Vatican is terrified that the Universe will become Mormon and destroy the Roman Church. Stranger thoughts have occurred but this one probably takes the cake?
I think you might have put the wrong mushrooms on your steak.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 08:12   #55
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 9,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
On the lighter side---A scenario that nobody is talking about but the dots are starting to connect. Perhaps the Large Binocular Telescope that the Vatican calls LUCIFER is for spying on it's rival the Mormon Church? The Planet Kolob (the Mormon Master Planet) situated in the Galactic Republic is a prime target for the Catholic Church. Kolob is making so many "SPIRIT BABY'S" that the Vatican is terrified that the Universe will become Mormon and destroy the Roman Church. Stranger thoughts have occurred but this one probably takes the cake?
So where does Xenu fit into all of this?
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 10:25   #56
Heisser Mann
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80843
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
On the lighter side---A scenario that nobody is talking about but the dots are starting to connect. Perhaps the Large Binocular Telescope that the Vatican calls LUCIFER is for spying on it's rival the Mormon Church? The Planet Kolob (the Mormon Master Planet) situated in the Galactic Republic is a prime target for the Catholic Church. Kolob is making so many "SPIRIT BABY'S" that the Vatican is terrified that the Universe will become Mormon and destroy the Roman Church. Stranger thoughts have occurred but this one probably takes the cake?








Full Question
Why has the Vatican named its telescope in Arizona "Lucifer"? I'm a proud and devoted Catholic, and I find this quite disturbing.
Answer


The Vatican did not name a telescope "Lucifer." The Vatican Observatory shares space (no pun intended) with other organizations and groups. The Vatican Observatory does not own each piece of equipment, nor can it give official names or nicknames to things it does not own. Another group installed a telescope it nicknamed Lucifer.

Its a telescope built by the Max Planck Institute for extraterrestrial physics, and according to the Planck Institute website, it stands for LBT Near Infrared Spectroscopic Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research. It is noted on the website that its official abbreviation has been changed to LUCI.
Heisser Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 10:31   #57
Heisser Mann
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80843
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
They are not "screed" and they are not just anti-catholic; they are all about Christianity and The Bible.

Jarhead
I stand by my statement, believe what you want.

SCREED | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary


https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...english/screed

screed meaning: 1. a long piece of writing, especially one that is boring or expresses an unreasonably strong opinion


frankly Protestant attacks/critiques on the church that Christ established are tedious and boring. I hear the same stupid shit, over and over. We all do. Those that bother to research wild ass claims always find that the arguments against the one, true church are weak and stupid. I know I cannot change minds of most but I will defend the faith and if folks don't like that they can go piss up a rope.
Heisser Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 12:04   #58
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 46494
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,417
H Mann--Blind loyalty toward human institutions can be very disturbing when one gets a glimpse of reality. -----bubba--Xenu will be absorbed by the winner of the Roman C/Mormon Galactic cage fight, but first they will have to subdue the Planet Wongo and take captive the women there. Outer space is a busy place.

Last edited by JM; December 13, 2018 at 12:29. Reason: ad photo
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 12:23   #59
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 16,455
There is nothing wrong with Catholicism. It just needs to clean up its trash.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 12:30   #60
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisser Mann View Post
I stand by my statement, believe what you want.

SCREED | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary


https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...english/screed

screed meaning: 1. a long piece of writing, especially one that is boring or expresses an unreasonably strong opinion


frankly Protestant attacks/critiques on the church that Christ established are tedious and boring. I hear the same stupid shit, over and over. We all do. Those that bother to research wild ass claims always find that the arguments against the one, true church are weak and stupid. I know I cannot change minds of most but I will defend the faith and if folks don't like that they can go piss up a rope.
I am a convert to the church, I wasn't born into it. Human nature is such that they will blame everyone for the actions of a few. Gun owners get the same crap every time there is a killing that Catholics get every time some queer that infiltrated the church molest a kid.

When you spend more time here you will find guys that take great joy in pointing out failures in our church because in my opinion they think it justifies the choice in churches they made. It's all good because at least they believe in something greater than themselves that holds them accountable. It's stressful how some post almost with glee as a church is assulted and if we talked the same way about Jews we would be anti semetic.

I say it again, God can not lie. When he makes a promise it's forever.
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 14:13   #61
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
...
I say it again, God can not lie. When he makes a promise it's forever.
the church is not god; churchians are not god either,
churchians lie constantly, as a matter of routine cost of doing business, papists in particular are rather famous for it.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 14:20   #62
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
the church is not god; churchians are not god either,
churchians lie constantly, as a matter of routine cost of doing business, papists in particular are rather famous for it.
So then you understand it's not god that lies so blame the people that do. God has nothing to do with the sins you commit or anyone else commits even in his name. The real church is easily defined just like a real jew is, they hold true to God.
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 14:29   #63
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
So then you understand it's not god that lies so blame the people that do. God has nothing to do with the sins you commit or anyone else commits even in his name. The real church is easily defined just like a real jew is, they hold true to God.
you churchians are not god,
and neither is whatever it is that you papists are doing.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 14:32   #64
Bama Steve
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 1982
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Where I am
Posts: 5,503
He's performing a pap-smear on ya' Jim!
__________________
Being dyslexic has a bright side - it's easy to put things back together
Bama Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 14:47   #65
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
He's performing a pap-smear on ya' Jim!
no, merely pointing out the churchian sales pitch is not the same thing as what they are actually selling.

and also a high confidence that most of them have no idea at all what the subject matter is that are talking about, merely parroting the official program,

or in BJs instance, reinventing their own particular variant sales pitch.

but still just another sales pitch.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 15:43   #66
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
no, merely pointing out the churchian sales pitch is not the same thing as what they are actually selling.

and also a high confidence that most of them have no idea at all what the subject matter is that are talking about, merely parroting the official program,

or in BJs instance, reinventing their own particular variant sales pitch.

but still just another sales pitch.
not selling a thing to you and would never try because the no solicitor sign you have up is big and bold.

See I wasn't born Catholic and have to accept a faith through reasoning, which means I really had to think about a life's commitment. Obviously we don't all think alike and that's why I see being able to look at time lines and events as a blessing. I never needed to have anyone read a bible to me and tell me what it says and quite frankly I searched for decades before I could believe.

However don't confuse me as one of those who live as a sheep in blind acceptance that you can hold accountable for the actions of others. See I am not a good Catholic so I can still say fug you and ask you what commitment you have ever made in life. Fact is though because I am not a good man I really don't care.
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 16:29   #67
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
not selling a thing to you and would never try because the no solicitor sign you have up is big and bold.

See I wasn't born Catholic and have to accept a faith through reasoning, which means I really had to think about a life's commitment. Obviously we don't all think alike and that's why I see being able to look at time lines and events as a blessing. I never needed to have anyone read a bible to me and tell me what it says and quite frankly I searched for decades before I could believe.

However don't confuse me as one of those who live as a sheep in blind acceptance that you can hold accountable for the actions of others. See I am not a good Catholic so I can still say fug you and ask you what commitment you have ever made in life. Fact is though because I am not a good man I really don't care.
objectified belief is not god either.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 16:31   #68
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 46494
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,417
BREAKING NEWS---hate to interrupt the ongoing religious confusion but the latest from FR is a miracle.

Keith Richards Quits Drinks and Drugs----Three drug cartels declare bankruptcy.


Richards says he is 'cutting back on drinking and the other stuff' after getting fed up with the way it made him feel.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 16:37   #69
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
objectified belief is not god either.
And you ain't god either but you preach like you met god once.
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 16:49   #70
Heisser Mann
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80843
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
And you ain't god either but you preach like you met god once.
Where in the world do these assclowns get the idea we believe we are God or the pope is? Frickin amazing. Simply frickin amazing.
Heisser Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 16:52   #71
Heisser Mann
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80843
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
the church is not god; churchians are not god either,
churchians lie constantly, as a matter of routine cost of doing business, papists in particular are rather famous for it.
No shit. every one of us, every last one of us humans is a POS (when compared to Christ) that has no right to enter heaven. It's only through God's boundless grace and patience any of us get there, and that still aint known for certain till we breathe our last breath and face judgment.
Heisser Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 17:08   #72
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 63101
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,837
Beware the Fabian-esque!-?

What one has to understand, is that the Catholic Church existed long before it's Romanisation - that point of initial corruption(69-325AD), or Co-option - which is what it was - as the word 'Catholic', means Universal, or Whole - actually existed before Vespasian, and Josephus got their grandiose ideas!

https://www.plaintruth.com/the_plain...-britain-.html

There was a pre Roman Catholic Church, one of the People "The Catholic Church" - a religion for the Whole - not for a few! Originally the Catholic Church was exceptionally benign in approach, it was about brotherhood and sisterhood - a certain equivalence prevailed, not an uncertain one as per post Vespasian! It was inclusive, all encompassing - it was so perfect it had to be diverted!
The Demi-Urge and it's sayanim, are the problem - and they are still at play today - it's plain to see! Return the Church to the People, and the People will sort the problem out!
__________________
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled!" -- Mark Twain

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The point of the journey, is not to arrive..." Hexabuzz.
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 17:15   #73
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisser Mann View Post
Where in the world do these assclowns get the idea we believe we are God or the pope is? Frickin amazing. Simply frickin amazing.
I probably make Catholics look pretty bad but like I said I am not a good one. While I am working on the good values I still turn to my life as a construction worker when I fall back. It's my belief I can be forgiven that brings me back to the fold.

Thanks for the support and please forgive my outburst of bad behavior.
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 17:31   #74
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
And you ain't god either but you preach like you met god once.
gaslighting fail, on your part,
whereas you are the one here preaching your objectified belief, not I.

your objectified belief in churchian denial, deceit, and delusion is not god either.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 17:36   #75
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 9,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisser Mann View Post
Where in the world do these assclowns get the idea we believe we are God or the pope is? Frickin amazing. Simply frickin amazing.
It is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I probably make Catholics look pretty bad but like I said I am not a good one. While I am working on the good values I still turn to my life as a construction worker when I fall back. It's my belief I can be forgiven that brings me back to the fold.

Thanks for the support and please forgive my outburst of bad behavior.
Born Catholic, baptized, confirmed, married and will almost certainly die Catholic. Never thought much of the catholic hierarchy, never had much use for priests and never thought much of any of the infrastructure, wand waving or hocus pocus that goes on every sunday. Ain't wrong, may even be right just not my thing.

The behavior of the church has more or less vindicated me. But my view is I ain't left them, they left me. It's still my religion and try as they might they don't get to claim it. When they left me they left it as well and if they're so inclined I'm ready to take it up with the almighty if and when needed. Although I got an idea that were it to come to that I ain't got nothing to say he ain't already concluded on his own.

They can go piss up a rope. Or they can straighten up and fly right. Their choice and although I do have my druthers I'll get by either way. As to what's good and bad I sure as hell don't need some dicksmoking refugee from reality to give me the what-for, never have and never will.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 17:39   #76
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
gaslighting fail, on your part,
whereas you are the one here preaching your objectified belief, not I.

your objectified belief in churchian denial, deceit, and delusion is not god either.
Go away, you have nothing to say.
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 17:41   #77
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Go away, you have nothing to say.
another lie on your part.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 17:58   #78
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
It is.



Born Catholic, baptized, confirmed, married and will almost certainly die Catholic. Never thought much of the catholic hierarchy, never had much use for priests and never thought much of any of the infrastructure, wand waving or hocus pocus that goes on every sunday. Ain't wrong, may even be right just not my thing.

The behavior of the church has more or less vindicated me. But my view is I ain't left them, they left me. It's still my religion and try as they might they don't get to claim it. When they left me they left it as well and if they're so inclined I'm ready to take it up with the almighty if and when needed. Although I got an idea that were it to come to that I ain't got nothing to say he ain't already concluded on his own.

They can go piss up a rope. Or they can straighten up and fly right. Their choice and although I do have my druthers I'll get by either way. As to what's good and bad I sure as hell don't need some dicksmoking refugee from reality to give me the what-for, never have and never will.
This may not make sense. I have had very poor hearing all my life which is a curse but a blessing too. A curse because I couldn't learn at the speed that's normal but a blessing I missed out on a lot of BS. So when some men look for the reason they are here or look for god they take the normal route.

Myself the search was made first in the possibility of God through scientific proof whitch was easy once you put nature together in a picture and realized we are here under intelligent design. Then I used time lines and the word of God to realize the Catholic church was the true church of Christ in the beginning and forever because God can't lie.

He can't break a promise and create a new chosen religion every thousand years and I really doubt he would make himself a liar over and over again with each religion that followed.

My choice is my own as every man has that God given right to believe what he wants. It's not the church I worship but I follow some of the Catholic traditions to keep god in my life.
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 18:01   #79
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
another lie on your part.
Bye.
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 18:24   #80
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
...... Myself the search was made first in the possibility of God through scientific proof whitch was easy once you put nature together in a picture and realized we are here under intelligent design....
that explains your being the bullshit artist -- post your "proof" for us all to see.
since it is so easy, then you should have no trouble at all.


of course, if you can produce no repeatable proof, under established accepted methods, then you are left just another bullshit artist peddling quackery as "science".

but we already knew that, didn't we Jim?


__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.

Last edited by G1user; December 13, 2018 at 18:53.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 18:47   #81
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 9,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
This may not make sense. I have had very poor hearing all my life which is a curse but a blessing too. A curse because I couldn't learn at the speed that's normal but a blessing I missed out on a lot of BS. So when some men look for the reason they are here or look for god they take the normal route.

Myself the search was made first in the possibility of God through scientific proof whitch was easy once you put nature together in a picture and realized we are here under intelligent design. Then I used time lines and the word of God to realize the Catholic church was the true church of Christ in the beginning and forever because God can't lie.

He can't break a promise and create a new chosen religion every thousand years and I really doubt he would make himself a liar over and over again with each religion that followed.

My choice is my own as every man has that God given right to believe what he wants. It's not the church I worship but I follow some of the Catholic traditions to keep god in my life.
They own their behavior, I don't. They own the result of it, I don't. They left, I didn't. As such they don't get to kick me out. Their shame is on them, not me. Their serial felonies are on them, not me. The ruined lives, criminality and damage they've done to folk's faith is on them, not me. I can answer for the decisions and choices I've made, not so sure they can but in any case that part of it is none of my business.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 18:55   #82
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
They own their behavior, I don't. They own the result of it, I don't. They left, I didn't. As such they don't get to kick me out. Their shame is on them, not me. Their serial felonies are on them, not me. The ruined lives, criminality and damage they've done to folk's faith is on them, not me. I can answer for the decisions and choices I've made, not so sure they can but in any case that part of it is none of my business.
well done.

and no need to resort to "intelligent design" bullshit to get er done.

cheers.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 19:13   #83
Jarhead504
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 65022
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Orleans Area,LA
Posts: 3,204
Two old quotes that seem to apply towards this thread: "You worship at the church of your parent's choice."

"Thank God I'm an atheist!"

Jarhead is not an atheist but I have heard that quote.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 19:23   #84
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
Two old quotes that seem to apply towards this thread: "You worship at the church of your parent's choice."

"Thank God I'm an atheist!"

Jarhead is not an atheist but I have heard that quote.

Jarhead
"pull my finger"

also fits.
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 21:23   #85
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
I was just reading that the Boy Scouts of America is about to go bankrupt from too many sexual abuse cases. Well gee it's seems the perverts know no bounds. Think maybe it's more than a church problem?
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 21:32   #86
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I was just reading that the Boy Scouts of America is about to go bankrupt from too many sexual abuse cases. Well gee it's seems the perverts know no bounds. Think maybe it's more than a church problem?
under intelligent design, pedos exist because the "designer" made them.



by the way, I am still waiting for you to post your "proof".
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2018, 23:42   #87
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
 
Andy the Aussie's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 216
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Down Under
Posts: 15,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I was just reading that the Boy Scouts of America is about to go bankrupt from too many sexual abuse cases. Well gee it's seems the perverts know no bounds. Think maybe it's more than a church problem?
...... yes Jim I certainly do.... you may have missed or ignored the earlier post I made in this very thread...... VV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy the Aussie View Post
So Jim it was the "queers" alone that were also molesting young girls, that somehow seems incongruent. What you have is men and women who are put in positions of power over people abusing that power to satisfy their own desires (mostly desires, albeit twisted, you and I and most humans have), vows of celibacy must fight one of the very core drives of the human species.

This is an issue as much as what has been tentatively "permitted" via inaction, obfuscation and out and out lies from the hierarchy of both the Catholic and Anglican Churches, as what has driven the individual. Of course many large well known organisations are also as guilty of similar behaviour, Salvation Army, Barnados, Jehovahs, Happy Clappers (Pentecostal and Baptist groups), various Jewish Schools here as well. I can throw in Tennis Australia, Swimming Australia, Gymnastics Groups,Scouts, Girl Guides, Volunteer Railway Restoration Groups, all have been found wanting.
..... the biggest difference between those other groups and the religious groups is that the others are generally not preaching about love, care and behaviour as their core being. To me it is all UTTERLY ABHORRENT but the "religious groups" just that much more so. Especially when the cover ups and obfuscations of the later (Church over Victim at all costs) are laid out for all in the light.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by GOVT1911
You could do some searching and find a nice TLC and do the same thing, still saving a bunch of $$ and end up with a nice, comfortable CAPABLE rig...
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2018, 07:34   #88
Ted Kennedy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 77365
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sapulpa OK
Posts: 936
I was married to a Catholic girl for a few years. I don't buy all their superstitious stuff, but generally they are good folks. Same goes for every other religion I've encountered. Every one.

Trouble is - pedophiles place themselves in positions where they have access to children. Church, Scouts, Schools, Daycare. Any area where there are children, pedos will follow.

The thing that makes the Catholic church stand out is their alleged "infallibility", reluctance to admit wrongdoing...moving a pedo priest to another city to avoid exposing the church to criticism is criminal. THAT's the problem - no different than cops covering up bad behavior by other cops.

They want to be seen as "better than" or "authority", when the reality is every institution has it's share of undesirable characters. Transparency, and maybe a public execution of offenders would do a heck of a lot to bring back respect to some of these entities.
Ted Kennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2018, 08:18   #89
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 9,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kennedy View Post
I was married to a Catholic girl for a few years. I don't buy all their superstitious stuff, but generally they are good folks. Same goes for every other religion I've encountered. Every one.

Trouble is - pedophiles place themselves in positions where they have access to children. Church, Scouts, Schools, Daycare. Any area where there are children, pedos will follow.

The thing that makes the Catholic church stand out is their alleged "infallibility", reluctance to admit wrongdoing...moving a pedo priest to another city to avoid exposing the church to criticism is criminal. THAT's the problem - no different than cops covering up bad behavior by other cops.

They want to be seen as "better than" or "authority", when the reality is every institution has it's share of undesirable characters. Transparency, and maybe a public execution of offenders would do a heck of a lot to bring back respect to some of these entities.
They can want all they like, it's free. But respect is something you gotta have in order to get.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2018, 08:50   #90
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
They can want all they like, it's free. But respect is something you gotta have in order to get.
most of the bell curve of the population holds blind faith in various institutional fukery, and invariably fling poo at all who put light of truth on the lie.

"...ignorance is strength..."
__________________
"if you cannot trust people with freedom, then how can you trust people with power?" It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
G1user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2018, 13:21   #91
Heisser Mann
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80843
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
Two old quotes that seem to apply towards this thread: "You worship at the church of your parent's choice."

"Thank God I'm an atheist!"

Jarhead is not an atheist but I have heard that quote.

Jarhead
If that were the case I'd be attending All Saints Episcopal Church or some such other derivative of the Anglican community. I converted to Catholicism Aug 12 2012. No family member came with.
Heisser Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2018, 13:28   #92
Bawana jim
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17482
Join Date: May 2005
Location: west coast
Posts: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
Two old quotes that seem to apply towards this thread: "You worship at the church of your parent's choice."

"Thank God I'm an atheist!"

Jarhead is not an atheist but I have heard that quote.

Jarhead
Actually no in my case, I chose my religion and my parents had nothing to do with it. My father died in 1954 and my mother didn't follow one church.
__________________
yellowhand "Six*men*can shut down the whole state"
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2018, 22:22   #93
FAL freek
Registered
 
FAL freek's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10400
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: TN
Posts: 7,404
Holy walls of text! You could take some of these postings and help build a wall on the southern border to help keep the invaders out. Can I chip in?

Seem to recall Jesus told Peter that he was the rock that he was going to build his church on. Depending on which calendar you use this happened around 33 A.D., not in the 4th Century as some allude to.

Yes there are other miracles that Jesus performed that aren't in the Bible but those lost books can't even be considered reliable, none of the earliest known copies have been found that date before the 6th Century. Read them and some of the claims in those works are down right preposterous.

Have always been told that the reason Priests can't marry anymore was because the Church is supposed to be the Priests bride. Oh yeah the confession booth was put in so the Priest would keep his hands off their female congregates. That being said the Catholics should allow Priests to marry, definitely won't hurt anything and would draw more males to the role. Won't fix the problem of perverts in leadership roles overnight but will definitely improve things.

Haven't read it in 20+ years but seem to recall Dante wrote his 14th Century masterpiece The Divine Comedy about clergy buried upside down in Hell for their misdeeds and abuses so as always, nothing is new under the sun.

Yup was in the scouts and at the tender 10 we had a married father of 2 assistant scout leader take liberties with a 13 year old boy in our troop. Every week you hear about another teacher somewhere in America get caught having their way with teenage boys also. It ain't just a Catholic thing.

From the snarky one liners it looks like a certain sexual intellectual is trying to give RSS a run for his money.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program
__________________
Please put the Constitution on the teleprompter

Liberals want diversity in everything except your opinion.
FAL freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2018, 22:43   #94
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 62143
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 5,578
Hey, I wrote some profound words once.

I think it could have been divinely inspired,......................................... ........................................ or maybe I was just feeling cathartic.

You guys want to read it????
__________________
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph." Robert E. Howard


The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2018, 23:30   #95
Bama Steve
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 1982
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Where I am
Posts: 5,503
I wasn't convinced at 7 YO of any religions' pomp, ceremony nor 'holey shit'.

What makes you think you can impress/convert me now?

__________________
Being dyslexic has a bright side - it's easy to put things back together
Bama Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2018, 05:54   #96
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor
 
bubbagump's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 21705
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 9,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
I wasn't convinced at 7 YO of any religions' pomp, ceremony nor 'holey shit'.

What makes you think you can impress/convert me now?

I think I was as smart as I ever got at 7. I knew then it was better to throw dirt clods at 'em instead of listening to their bullshit.
__________________
Urban free range hippies are pushovers. Especially with a D-9 Cat. -L. Haney
If God wanted us to carry Glocks, John Browning would have invented them. -shooter_37
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2018, 08:16   #97
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 64403
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Steve View Post
I wasn't convinced at 7 YO of any religions' pomp, ceremony nor 'holey shit'.

What makes you think you can impress/convert me now?

He'll impress you by using expressive dancing... in the nude
__________________
All I'm really asking for here is a knife that will not jam and a unicorn that doesn't need sharpening. Will_Power
It's been my experience that all you really need to harvest a deer is a car. They come right through the windshield just fine. 357ross
That poop is priceless. MFC
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files