The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old September 18, 2018, 12:30   #901
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Another take on NM sun spot place, criminal activity going on in area, closed it for safety of staff.

It is in a very isolated area, maybe under federal control, not sure.
Who knows, and they ain't saying.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 18, 2018, 20:40   #902
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
Link to news report????
YellowSnow is short-sheeting you. Just find my postings in this thread for the best information.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431897

Quote:
China owns a big chunk, but there are too many Chinamen already, so......
q: What do you call a fat Chinaman?

a: Chunk.

I'll be in town all week, folks. Try the chicken.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2018, 00:42   #903
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
YellowSnow is short-sheeting you. Just find my postings in this thread for the best information.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431897

q: What do you call a fat Chinaman?

a: Chunk.

I'll be in town all week, folks. Try the chicken.
Damn, hit a nerve there little bookie boy, and had no idea your paranoid thread even existed!

Sensitive we are.

Old September 22, 2018, 09:20   #904
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Like the secret squirrel comment above. I don't believe we shut down the space shuttle program without having a better system in place otherwise all those shuttles would be under retrofit or at least protected storage rather than given to museums. If Virgin is close to selling tickets to space for people willing to drop the change dot gov, dot mil or someone has ability to put people in orbit and why I didn't laugh when the name U.S. Space Force was mentioned. NASA has been dropping RAM and SCRAM jets off the wings of aircraft for decades. If not able to do it with crew from runways or wings of aircraft without vertical lift I would be suprised.

My guess in NM an employee was running their mouth about things they noticed and till can be replaced with a crew that is sworn to secrecy under threat of lifetime in prison for three generations that facility will stay locked if not being manned by an Air Force or NASA crew as we speak very quietly if mission critical location. Between military, DARPA, CIA and others we have more secret squirrel stuff happening than can imagine.

Look at Menwith Hill in England and Pine Gap station in Australia that can listen to every phone call whether land line or cell, radio transmission, etc on the planet. It is illegal for U.S. to listen to my cell phone without a warrant but not for the Britt or Aussies to do so. Shared facilities give just enough legal separation if need to make an arrest and charges in public the information used wasn't obtained illegally but passed to us from the British or Aussies.... Every call, text, Google search and Web page visited is logged. Rack up enough points and you become a person of interest.

Why I try to hide little except from thieves and neer-do-wells. Am 100% sure dot gov has me 100% pegged and if was judged a threat would not be typing this post. To a degree believe les hidden if honorable person better off you are. That said stI'll use encryption on some emails and have burn phones with ability to modulate voice. Sure the man can crack it with enough clock cycles on a super computer but let them waste enough time to decrypt my secret family pie crust recipe or a photo of deer killed by niece the families big deer hunter and eventually they probably look at rest of my file and then put encrypted stuff in a folder for when have nothing important to do or when next generation of super computers come online.

We have a group that use very narrow beam 1.2, 2.4, 5 and 10 gHz transmitters for point to point data transmission that except for dot gov if not accidently in exact path and able to decrypt a mix of PGP layered on old fashioned one time scratch pad encryption won't know what us locals are saying to each other especially when SHTF. If notice a lot of WiFi 2.4 gHz and other routers ease into edge of amateur bands or little used bands and can be amplified into a narrow beam antenna then a small group can tweak antennas till messages are transmitted in a pipe so narrow unless directly behind antenna for lobe off the back or in its path won't get the transmission then decoding becomes another issue.

FCC rules say no coded transmissions allowed. If take the source code for your PGP public key and print it in hexadecimal format and pin to the bulletin board of a public place it's no longer private encryption by letter of law as publicly posted even if librarian round cans it in a week. Business band along with MURS, FMRS and GMRS frequencies muddy up those rules along with marine band. Put an antenna on a boat or dock and operate under different rules again then we have the "in case of declared emergency" whatever is necessary to complete transmission is allowed.

Why like having four local AM towers across the cove from the house. Two shut down at night and the other two are the reduced power night towers for local stations that run higher power locations during the day. Used to know a group of radio pirates that would go over and tap into the antennas when off line and use for 160 meter top band DX. Would also commandeer the two that went off air at night as well. Luckily they gave me the scoop and have key to gate and huts as Ma Bell has some equipment on the antenna farm. I know five guys bootlegging space on commercial towers for ham repeaters and their repeaters have sat in the huts for years unmolested. Odd how few question a new piece of equipment being placed on a tower.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2018, 10:27   #905
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...-pulse-attack/
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2018, 15:07   #906
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

I'm starting to ask questions now a days when I read something like this, guess its a sign of getting a little older.

Why are these countries, and I'm sure we have them already, producing EMP type weapons???

We are totally dependent now upon electronics, thats a given.

However, would not the response to an EMP weapon, which must be detonated high over the USA, and with our tracking systems, we'd know who launched it before it even detonated, be the same MAD result with a full salvo of nukes on whichever country sent an EMP weapon our way????

Now Iran is nutty enough to try it, but Iran is overrun with Izzy and American spies in all areas, so if they planned to send one, we'd know before hand and destroy them.

As for Russia, and China, them norks, they KNOW they would be devastated by our nukes within the hour.

Boomers on all sides, major countries, as well a one small one, know that having them on hand, prevents any country killer crap from ever happening.

As for fixing our system for a natural EMP, yep, we need to fix that now.
But from an attacking country, other than Iran, them people are truly nuts, the threat of them being used for warfare has got to be really low on the priority list of potential threats.

No one can survive using them, either side, so,,,,,,,,,,what would be the purpose, except for suicide of your people to pull one out and fire it off??????

Old September 25, 2018, 18:36   #907
legolas1
Registered

FALaholic #: 34296
The problem with an EMP attack is that one could put a device on a SCUD and launch it off a container ship off the coast making it difficult to determine who the attacking nation is. This could be a proxy attack, the device given to terrorists or non-nation groups who would not be worth a nuke attack and the resultant fallout. Once the deed is done, it is over for the civilian population.

This could actually be the perfect crime on an international scale in that the war is over before the origin of the EMP device is known.
legolas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2018, 20:09   #908
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas1 View Post
The problem with an EMP attack is that one could put a device on a SCUD and launch it off a container ship off the coast making it difficult to determine who the attacking nation is. This could be a proxy attack, the device given to terrorists or non-nation groups who would not be worth a nuke attack and the resultant fallout. Once the deed is done, it is over for the civilian population.

This could actually be the perfect crime on an international scale in that the war is over before the origin of the EMP device is known.
True
But that's why we got the CIA, NSA, FBI, and 14 other spy type/intelligence agencies.
Plus allies, ok, not them so much.
Guess them agencies are doing their jobs, must be working, we ain't been hit yet.

Old September 25, 2018, 21:59   #909
legolas1
Registered

FALaholic #: 34296
Have we not been hit because of the agencies and the military? Or could it be the hand of G-d has intervened for a time? It is interesting to watch how things are playing out, as we see a good number of the people of this nation and the leaders for what they really are, as though a case is being made against us. G-d determines the rise and fall of nations, as said in the past- "Mene, Tekel, Peres", 'God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end..you have been weighed in the balances and found wanting..your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes (Russians) and the Persians (Iranians)....the writing may be on the wall.
legolas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2018, 22:38   #910
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas1 View Post
Have we not been hit because of the agencies and the military? Or could it be the hand of G-d has intervened for a time? It is interesting to watch how things are playing out, as we see a good number of the people of this nation and the leaders for what they really are, as though a case is being made against us. G-d determines the rise and fall of nations, as said in the past- "Mene, Tekel, Peres", 'God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end..you have been weighed in the balances and found wanting..your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes (Russians) and the Persians (Iranians)....the writing may be on the wall.
I'm sure G-D has his hand in this, but G-D also sub contracts out from time to time.

Old September 26, 2018, 10:07   #911
C2A1
Registered

Have a meeting on Oct 23 on issues. To give some thought, we cannot any longer find find a WWI submarine (semi submersible) carrying drugs to off shore Oregon. What was that strange plume from west of LA? (No, it wasn't a jet "chemtrail".) There is "probing" of our defenses. They are focusing on weak points. I think the reason we have not been hit is that the other side is winning so why mess things up now. We are divided but the money keeps flowing, so let's milk them while we can. They can gain more this way than that (look at uranium one and our response). That is not to say that there is not instability in the system. There is! It is a strange house of cards.
Old September 26, 2018, 12:57   #912
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Have a meeting on Oct 23 on issues. To give some thought, we cannot any longer find find a WWI submarine (semi submersible) carrying drugs to off shore Oregon. What was that strange plume from west of LA? (No, it wasn't a jet "chemtrail".) There is "probing" of our defenses. They are focusing on weak points. I think the reason we have not been hit is that the other side is winning so why mess things up now. We are divided but the money keeps flowing, so let's milk them while we can. They can gain more this way than that (look at uranium one and our response). That is not to say that there is not instability in the system. There is! It is a strange house of cards.
Countries, all countries probe other countries for weak spots, the Russians have been doing this to us since the end of WWII, we've been going after them hard for just as long, to include overflights of their country, U2 missions, which brought down Powers in the early 60's.

Strange plumes off the west coast, around Vandenburg AFB could be anything.
The military is always testing, in secret, secret stuff and people that know ain't saying and people that don't are trying to find out.

I rode around at night in black helicopters for a while, in the US and out of the country, I got a decent idea of what we were doing, but the stories at that time and still to this day were outrageous and far past the paranoid threshold.

Our country, unlike many others, hell most others on this earth have not been defeated and our "files" have not been made public, we've been able to so far, keep our secrets secret.

With what little I know, I don't want to know what all we're keeping secret, what all we've been up to this past well over 200 yrs.

I like sleeping soundly at night.

Old September 26, 2018, 21:00   #913
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
As for Russia, and China, them norks, they KNOW they would be devastated by our nukes within the hour.

Boomers on all sides, major countries, as well a one small one, know that having them on hand, prevents any country killer crap from ever happening.
However, placing missiles (possibly nukes) and bases in every country around Russia aimed at it and all but saying "Russkies! We can preemptively wage Armageddon on you for no reason other than your dog looked the wrong way to us and you can't stop us!" is a great way to make them go "Fine, let's launch everything and be over with it. What do we have to lose? Nuclear holocaust is like Tuesday morning in Moscow." Of course, the US might have super secret squirrel technology which will turn all Russian missiles into rotten bananas and that is why we keep poking the bear with electrodes and putting him into a corner he can get out of.
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2018, 22:12   #914
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
However, placing missiles (possibly nukes) and bases in every country around Russia aimed at it and all but saying "Russkies! We can preemptively wage Armageddon on you for no reason other than your dog looked the wrong way to us and you can't stop us!" is a great way to make them go "Fine, let's launch everything and be over with it. What do we have to lose? Nuclear holocaust is like Tuesday morning in Moscow." Of course, the US might have super secret squirrel technology which will turn all Russian missiles into rotten bananas and that is why we keep poking the bear with electrodes and putting him into a corner he can get out of.
I've said numerous times, I don;t see Russia as our main or even secondary problem.

I've never met a real Russian I didn;t like.

Three highly paid, formally out of work white coat types, a 20 by 40 foot lab, ginning up some bad bugs for some nutters is my concern.

As for Russia and their nukes, they better be far better maintained than all their tanks and such, or they may be more dangerous to Russians than Americans.

Old September 27, 2018, 09:36   #915
C2A1
Registered

https://morningconsult.com/opinions/...xt-black-swan/
Old September 27, 2018, 12:14   #916
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

This concern has been around for at least 40 yrs and politicians in DC have done nothing about it, based upon that truth, them people doing anything over the next 40 yrs seems highly unlikely.

So its left up to the individuals in this country to prepare for themselves.

Old September 27, 2018, 20:41   #917
C2A1
Registered

I think you hit the nail on the head.
ttps://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-19/next-big-geomagnetic-storm-poses-astronomical-risk-modern-man
Old September 27, 2018, 21:13   #918
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head.
ttps://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-19/next-big-geomagnetic-storm-poses-astronomical-risk-modern-man
In all honesty, I believe the politicians already know, nothing can be done if the whole country goes down with a massive EMP, natural or man made except for people to survive the best they can, all on their own.

And they could never admit that to the public.

Some problems, like a BFR falling out of the sky, can't be fixed today.

Kinda like the LRRP team CO telling the team, boys, we need this information, but you're all on your own where ya going.

EMP, we be on our own.

Old September 27, 2018, 22:27   #919
C2A1
Registered

I asked Jim Woolsey ( ex director CIA), why the hell isn't anybody really talking about this. I said we dealt with MAD and did things. He said the cold war is now 30 years behind us. The folks that looked at tens of millions dead have long since retired or died. He said the new crop, just don't believe it can happen and refuse to stare into death's face. They are kicking the can down the road and hoping it doesn't happen on their watch. Now for COG, there are places built for select folks but the rest of us, are on our own.
Again a hot dog at Wild Dogs in Benson.........
Old September 27, 2018, 22:35   #920
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Have either one of you ever thought it was anything other than 'every man for himself' in the event of an EMP event?

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2018, 00:19   #921
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Have either one of you ever thought it was anything other than 'every man for himself' in the event of an EMP event?
Not me, everything, from any form of government, ends with every man for himself in the end.

Old September 28, 2018, 10:49   #922
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Not me, everything, from any form of government, ends with every man for himself in the end.

Old October 08, 2018, 10:26   #923
C2A1
Registered

http://www.providencejournal.com/opi...-of-emp-attack
Old October 08, 2018, 10:32   #924
C2A1
Registered

I get weekly updates from the taskforce with items to read.
https://www.cshub.com/security-strat...-us-power-grid
Old October 08, 2018, 11:43   #925
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I get weekly updates from the taskforce with items to read.
https://www.cshub.com/security-strat...-us-power-grid
Just added another 20 cases of chow from the LDS store this past weekend, dropped a little over 600.00

Could happen, EMP, adding a little chow here and there, not a bad idea.

Not like I need a new rifle or handgun.

Old October 08, 2018, 15:11   #926
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
I just wanted to say Thank You to C2A1 for the updates. Very informative and I, for one, greatly appreciate this!

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2018, 15:34   #927
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
I just wanted to say Thank You to C2A1 for the updates. Very informative and I, for one, greatly appreciate this!

I don't know about all of that!

Just cost me over 600.00 and now I got to lug it all around and get it stored properly.

I'm just happy he did not post up all the reasons why I need to buy a new truck and Jeep!

Old October 09, 2018, 07:20   #928
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
In all honesty, I believe the politicians already know, nothing can be done if the whole country goes down with a massive EMP, natural or man made except for people to survive the best they can, all on their own.

And they could never admit that to the public.

Some problems, like a BFR falling out of the sky, can't be fixed today.

Kinda like the LRRP team CO telling the team, boys, we need this information, but you're all on your own where ya going.

EMP, we be on our own.
When I worked as Wilderness First Responder, Ouray CO Mountain Rescue, local CERT, GEMA and FEMA volunteer figured out real quick if the SHTF full bore it will be every man, woman and child for themselves. Some will even eat their own kids when get hungry enough. Why am such a freak about food and ammo. Will go till one or both run out and hope my commercial fish nets and traps can be used without getting shot after initial die off. A real breakdown of entire U.S. government and it will only be the groups that learn to coexist and fight for their little corner of dirt that survive.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old October 09, 2018, 20:31   #929
C2A1
Registered

I put this here because it is related to the EMP issue. I can tell you 3 years ago tests were just plan scary. I know one group durning war games, stop food supplies and ammo. took over navy weapons systems etc in the first day of the games. Result they were removed from the games.
We just got a contract in for some of this.
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/1...ttack-gao-says
Old October 10, 2018, 09:29   #930
C2A1
Registered

I was briefed on this over 5 years ago. Peter Pry introduced me to floks working the issue. Like EMP it is ignored. An interesting game is afoot.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-top-companies
Old October 27, 2018, 14:27   #931
C2A1
Registered

There are EMP reports and discussions linked in this article.
http://highfrontier.org/october-23-2...-arms-control/
Old October 27, 2018, 14:44   #932
C2A1
Registered

Some additional tidbits contained in this one. What I find interesting is no
one whats to come out and just lay it on the line. Just back from wonderland and we have a contract to test some things. Let's just say, folks there do not have any doubt that it is going to happen.
https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...-attack-on-us/
Old October 28, 2018, 02:23   #933
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

That was a lot of reading and now need time to digest, check links and follow but somehow with the huge amount of money the Chinese poured into Bill Clinton campaigns, the Cinton Foundation and the huge amount of classified U.S. technology he released to them makes the Trump demands to bring tech manufacturing home make sense. We need to tighten things up.
Old November 08, 2018, 09:48   #934
C2A1
Registered

Dr. Bradley has been working on ways for the average guy can protect his home. He has been working on "Whole House" for at least 4 years. Attached are his videos for your entertainment.
https://www.youtube.com/user/disasterprepper/videos
Old November 10, 2018, 12:12   #935
C2A1
Registered

I remember this. A buddy of mine and I went to the drive in (planet of the apes and woodstock rerun). Since I was 18 we went to Waverly, NY to buy liquor. On the way back a cop stopped us and took most of the booze for failing to pay Pa. tax. We then drove up on a hill overlooking the river outside Sayre, Pa. He had a 71 Mach 1 with a 429. We parked in a newly mowed hay field and sat on the hood, just to BS as I was headed back to college the following week. Got drunk. And I noticed a green cloud in the sky. At first I thought it might be caused by town lights on a low cloud. We watched it and suddenly it expanded. Wow, knew it was an aurora but had never seen one in the summer. We drank and watched the show until the sun was coming up. Got home as my dad got home from his night shift. He asked if I saw the aurora. I was back at school a few weeks later and a friend of mine that worked for the navy told me that the solar storm had set off mines off Viet nam.
https://gizmodo.com/a-powerful-solar...u-s-1830321540
Old November 10, 2018, 13:45   #936
C2A1
Registered

Kind of a wrap up of EMP info. Has a section on the automobile tests by the commission. As stated these were not tested to the levels that are now expected.
http://www.futurescience.com/emp.html
Old November 10, 2018, 18:14   #937
Story
Registered

Quote:
On the way back a cop stopped us and took most of the booze for failing to pay Pa. tax.
He looked like one of these guys, right?

Meanwhile, back at the Topic

Quote:
In 2008, the statutory Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack delivered over 100 recommendations to Congress to protect the national electric grid and other life-sustaining critical infrastructures — including communications, transportation, energy, business and finance, food and water. We were hopeful the job would get done.

Following an EMP attack, 326 million Americans could not long survive bereft of the electronic civilization that sustains their lives. EMP would be a civilization killer. In 2008, the statutory Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack delivered over 100 recommendations to Congress to protect the national electric grid and other life-sustaining critical infrastructures — including communications, transportation, energy, business and finance, food and water. We were hopeful the job would get done.

Following an EMP attack, 326 million Americans could not long survive bereft of the electronic civilization that sustains their lives. EMP would be a civilization killer. The EMP commission reports are “good news,” because they prove there is no excuse for the nation to be vulnerable. Electric grids and other life-sustaining critical infrastructures can be protected — affordably. For example, the 2008 report estimates that the electric grid’s bulk-power system can be hardened to survive for a few billion dollars.

So, in 2008, when the EMP Commission delivered what we thought then was our final report to Congress, we were hopeful America soon would be protected.

However, by 2015 — 20 years after the first open congressional EMP hearing in 1995 — the U.S. Government Accountability Office testified to Congress that not a single major recommendation of the EMP Commission had yet been implemented. Not one.
https://thehill.com/opinion/cybersec...-for-americans

Last edited by Story; November 10, 2018 at 18:20.
Old November 11, 2018, 12:10   #938
C2A1
Registered

I recall they had the brown shirt (couldn't see much, dark with flashlight in the eyes). I was riding shotgun and sitting on a bottle of Johnny Walker. They got everything except that bottle and 6 pack that was on the floor in the back seat covered by greasy work shirt. However, it was enough for the evening.
Old November 13, 2018, 20:29   #939
C2A1
Registered

Came in from the grid taskforce.
https://www.nextgov.com/ideas/2018/1...rspace/152588/
Old November 20, 2018, 10:05   #940
C2A1
Registered

Just FYI on what games are going on. There are interesting articles on this site for those trying to figure out who is watching who.
https://www.nextgov.com/cybersecurit...r-grid/152803/
Old November 21, 2018, 08:54   #941
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Many large shopping malls, department stores, government buildings, etc now have integrated carea/LIDAR/radar systems that pick up visitors from parking lot, identify the vehicle, exiting occupants and tracking them through the facility analyzing flow of people, using facial regoginition to identify potemtial threats and add all who pass into their system if it's using RFID chip readers to pick up names from credit cards or matching face when payments are made. Paying a ticket at the courthouse, paying your property tax bill or buying coffee at Starbucks a national database is matching faces to people, people to vehicles and traffic cameras can track anyone chosen for scrutinty.

Anonymity will either be difficult or even dangerous if not already as Uncle Sugar through all his departments and Homeland Security type acts want to tag everyone, assign a threat level then based on your level will track accordimgly. If my local sheriffs department has a team of drones from bomb disrupting robots to field deployable flying drones and a rather large drop kept with the helicopter at local airport how many are on station over U.S. now. I hope they are using this te hnolgy for more than just modeling retail trends or chasing terrorists but can't help but believe imformed patriots are as near the top of the list as terrorists.

The grid has been seeing major expansion and upgrades around my area, I mean huge projects, which began soon after the new reactor sites on the Georgia and South Carolina coasts were approved. I hope in these infrastructure upgrades being done to move all the electricity from the new reactors and rebalance the grid as will change the way it's linked forever and every hydro, coal and even small solar farms along with natural gas peak load plants output will have to be redirected to evenly distribute power to ensure all plants run as designed and growth areas get power in a logical manner.

I believe a lot of the huge growth have seen from European and Japanese car companies in Georgia and South Carolina are due to plenty of available inexpensive electricity. Electrical and natural gas grid capabilites are as important as a states tax burden are looked at when companies look for new areas to place plants. Have watched the area between Mayberry and Athens GA go from poultry and agriculture farm based economy to huge manufacturing facilities where some have ten or more acres under roof. Some of my friends in electrical business have been getting work in the construction of these places and are having to totally relearn how things are done especially with grounding and systems that help,buildings and equipment protect themselves.

Friend that helped rewire my home when I bought it thought I was crazy for digging a trench around the entire structure and burying flat copper strap with dozens of ground rods attached and in several places used multiple piece rods where we kept driving the key "corner" rods that anchor the system till hit bedrock. Some bottomed out on rock in fifteen feet some went closer to 25 or 30 feet before refused to drive any deeper due to bottoming out on rock. A few years ago he won a contract to do the grounding for a physics lab at a university that called for forty foot ground rods at corners of building with twelve foot rods at regular intervals especially one at every point a service such as cable TV, internet pipeline, phone bundles, etc. Every rod had to be tested by an independent contractor for proper conduction and then once system was assembled all retested to ensure building had all devices at same potential and nothing was floating off ground. Said he understood my oddness after that especially the Faraday caged rooms.

From mylar/aluminum sheeting in walls and copper mesh wire in others to window tint that is highly reflective to u.v. light, other energy, lasers, etc and was all boned then tied to the halo ground system. When finally had the money to put a metal roof on the house made sure every sheet, piece of trim, ridgecap, etc was properly bonded and pulled to the halo ground helping tighten the roof up from EMP entering the structure and gave any impulse a fat path to ground in similar fashion to the system installed on roof of hospital that I would assume cost over a couple million dollars in miles of cable with a little vertical whisker every twelve feet around perimeter of roof, every structure on roof, every light in parking lot and even handrails and hip walls on parking decks to ensure an impulse hits anywhere on campus it's going to ground through rods that were driven at least fifty feet deep with this huge machine would like to have access to for a weekend.

Have over 80 ground rods bonded together around my business with grid system and 5,000 square feet or metal roof bonded to ground along with all the rebar in walls and slab along with steel doors, door jambs and even metal window frames. I have watched too many around me suck up damage from lightning, grid surges or brown outs and our home saw no equipment damage have to believe its due to extra diligence in grounding. And yes, even all of my cameras are bonded to the huge ground systems home and work as well as other perimeter security. I just don't share my data with big brother unless they have figured out how to tap into the stuff buried in a Faraday caged room under the house wirelessly or sent a team to attach bugs while on vacation. Paranoia will destroy you....
Old November 23, 2018, 20:35   #942
C2A1
Registered

Cyber stuff for today:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/18/cybe...nged-data.html
Old November 30, 2018, 12:48   #943
Story
Registered

Here's the BLUF

Quote:
In an extraordinary and sobering report meant to wake the nation up to a growing threat, a new military white paper warns that an electromagnetic pulse weapon attack such as those developed by North Korea, Russia, and Iran could essentially wipe out the United States, kill or displace millions, and even force jets to drop from the sky.

“Based on the totality of available data,” said the report from the Air Force’s Air University and provided to Secrets, “an electromagnetic spectrum attack may be a threat to the United States, democracy, and the world order.”

The report, titled, “Electromagnetic Defense Task Force,” and the product of a mostly classified summit of 40 agencies just outside of Washington earlier this year, is the most forceful call by any government agency yet for a new focus on preparing for either an enemy EMP attack or a natural hit such as a solar storm.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...cy-world-order

Washington Examiner too cheesy for you?

Link to full report here
http://www.defense-aerospace.com/art...abilities.html

Also appears to be here as well.
https://www.maxwell.af.mil/News/Disp...nse-task-forc/

Discuss.
Old November 30, 2018, 20:35   #944
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
Sounds like they're hinting they know something and hinting to the sheeples .gov won't be around when " civil unrest starts within hours". I give it 36-48 hours. The average sheeple has never heard of EMP. They will be hitting the light switches and cell phones every 15 minutes for a day or so before someone enlightens them. I often ask employees and relatives about an EMP attack, clueless. Notice there are no movies in the works about an EMP scenario.
Gary Harwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2018, 12:25   #945
C2A1
Registered

Put this in context of the Ukraine situation. The devil is in the details. This Air Force report doesn't come out in a vacuum. As the report refers to "world order", There maybe an attempt to tell folks, things maybe not a rosey ae they appear.
http://russialist.org/putin-deepens-...uclear-policy/
Old December 06, 2018, 12:23   #946
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Harwell View Post
Sounds like they're hinting they know something and hinting to the sheeples .gov won't be around when " civil unrest starts within hours". I give it 36-48 hours. The average sheeple has never heard of EMP. (Trim)
When/if a true civil unrest uprising begins believe majority of local, state and federal employees who have access cards and I.D.'s that get them into their tornado/hurricane/bullet resistant Emergency Management Agency facilities will go to most secure facility they have access to. Once dot gov, military and law enforcement lock themselves in their facilities believe they will leave us citizens to sort out our own issues then poke their heads out every 40 days like Noah in the ark and decide when they want to retake control of the survivors.

Know the salesman who sold the concrete for our local EMA and the contractor that poured the walls. Concrete salesman said they bought the toughest concrete formulation they could mix and the contractor said walls were poured two feet thick with double wall cage of #8 rebar while local codes call for 8" or 10" to use #4 or #5 rebar for basement walls. When worked there as volunteer regularly was told the building was rated for Cat 5 hurricane and F3 tornado direct strike with loss of some reception area windows on top floor where nobody would be in an emergency unless armed and armored law enforcement officers.

One friend of mine used #6 rebar and poured with a 14" pour for 12' basement walls then built house from basement up using ICF construction. ICF modules are big styrofoam blocks which fit together like Lego blocks with rebar added as stack them out then backfill with concrete. He then bricked entire house using "engineer size" bricks which are 1/2" thicker than standard brick over the concrete filled styrofoam blocks. He got the idea from another friend who built a geodesic dome using Poly Form's. Specs said his PolyForm modules would stop a 30-06 ball with no finish but synthetic stucco. We poured all the spare blocks as we put his dome together as a DIY project. Has a full basement underground with vertical walls then upper floor is a true dome and supposed to not only stop multiple hits of 30-06 ball but withstand a direct strike from an F4 tornado.

Since both had rebar from basement floor to walls and the dome even to peak of roof talked them into not just wiring the rebar together but tack welding enough for an electrically bonded cage and tying their rebar cages to halo ground systems. Friend who built his to look like traditional house used a metal roof and lightning rod system all pulled to his ground so entire house is at same electrical potential. Both used all steel exterior doors and the friend who built the engineer size brick over poured concrete where parts of basement were above ground level and ICF with all oversize rebar, over thickness walls and steel trusses for roof decked with treated plywood and metal roof the inspectors in Gwinnett County all said it was the strongest residential structure ever seen and rivaled some of the dot gov facilities built for emergency use. Main floor of house is on steel trusses as wanted to be able to drive his backhoe, small trackhoe, tractors (modern and antique) car collection in house and not have any support poles to worry if accidentally hit would compromise his home.

Both had to run external antennas for radio and only a couple of small areas in home with cell reception are so electrically tight. Both have Wilson Cell boosters in homes now to keep wives and kids from fussing about phones not working. When put the metal roof on my business as each panel went together purposely sanded through a small area of the coating on bottom side of one panel then top of other and used a copper washer to connect them ensuring electrical bond across all 5,000 s.f. of roof then tied to the grid style ground. In past had found every piece of exposed rebar in slab which connected to the 3/4 acre grid ground system with over 2,000 feet of copper and 80 ground rods so with concrete walls once the metal roof went on most of the building cell phone won't connect if it rings and clients have learned to walk outside before answering if phone rings in my building. In my personal office and radio room at work the Faraday cages are so tight cell phone voice calls will not work at all but text messages will come through ramdomly if do not have photos attached.

Unfortunately when purchased my house it had the 10' 6" basement walls I needed for enough height to build my indoor climbing gym but hollow cell concrete block walls instead of poured walls (of course the full size 2"×4" and other old growth pine framing from late 1950's construction is a huge bonus. Discovered filling one of four cells was not a common practice during that time and lots of houses around me have cracked basements from tree roots or ground hogs and chipmunks causing water to infiltrate as burrow down next to basement walls to take advantage of radiant heat from the homes. Luckily my basement only had minor cracking and minor water leaks. Rented a big backhoe, excavated entire basement to below slab then pressure washed, applied two coats of tar, layer of heavy plastic, proper french drain system below slab level, drain pipes along with pipes to rout water from gutter downspouts to back yard. Then had a company come in who used a core drill to access every cell and pump a mixture of cement that is a blend between strength and properties of grout and cement to make basement walls totally solid. After replacing all the old 2"×2" non pressurized wood attached with masonry nails to concrete have used a mix of pressure treated and metal studs that do not attach to walls but basement floor slab and main floor trusses so no random fasteners penetrating the walls. Under the framing covered walls with steel roll wire fencing to give foam more to grab hold of and bonded to my haphazard retrofit shielding system. Then sprayed the foam insulation that has additional waterproofing properties before building the climbing wall and finishing basement walls.

Did same to house as work when added metal roof to make sure each sheet had an electrical bond which is on top of 3/4" tongue and groove old growth pine 1"×6" boards on 45° angle. Retrofitted the stick built truss system with hurricane ties then spray foam insulated the underside of roof. Removed the R13 inuslation, replaced with R20 where wanted floor in middle 1/3 of attic where roof gave enough clearance to stand comfortably and R30 where no floor went down. We rolled out chicken wire fencing on top of insulation and rafters before screwing down floor which was tied to the ground. All of our storm windows have metal frames and galvanized screen wire instead of polymer mesh which are tied to ground well as all exterior doors.

For 35+ years and 25+ years have attacked one project at a time as funds allowed at work and home. One year we had a really slow December, had found a great deal on clear abrasion resistant polycarbonate so had the help start with every cracked piece of glass then bolt and silicone caulk in the metal window frames then move on to rest of glass as time allowed and not interrupt paid work. Luckily the only windows in the shop are 12"×24" and just below cap blocks at top of walls thus nine feet from ground level. Each was covered with a mylar one way vision film that allows us to see out but nobody to see in and the holes are so small in the perforated mylar it blocks radio frequency to about 1.5 GHz. No way we could achieve our current level of ballistic and EMP protection in a single shot but a few projects per year and over 35+ years it adds up to huge level. All the doors to shop are steel in steel frames with 1/8" AR 250 steel welded to doors and flanges that extend eight inches from door jambs with welded hinges, padlock hasps inside in case door locks attacked from outside and attached to the entire properties grid ground system.

I encourage all my friends to start with vault, Faraday boxes, then a Faraday room, panic room and then any improvements their wives don't freak about. Our generators are all in a Faraday protected enclosure, totally unattached from the homes electrical panel (yes, have to go make one physical attachment to get electricity in once it's needed) and grounded well to hopefully protect them from EMP. Also have two inverter welders inside house EMP protected that can be paired together for a 120V 30 amp 4,000 watt rated with 5,000 watt peak when paired.

This past year had Georgia Power install their new whole home surge and brown out protection device at meter which comes with $10,000 coverage if any impulse enters home through the electrical service. When Georgia Power techs finished installing the new whole house surge protection system (adds $10 per month to power bill) their was a supervisor who came on tail end to inspect it. (Unsure if this is normal or because we were one of the first homes to sign up when got offer in mail) I watched entire process and examined equipment from start to finish. Final tech who inspected had a Fluke 1625 ground resistance tester which have been coveting for some time. I have a Fluke 1621 which was $950 best street price I found on U.S. model and the 1625 retails closer to $5,000 with all the bells and whistles. He did a 3 Point test of our ground, looked at reading, repeated twice then pulled all his probes and reset for a 4 Point test. He was baffled till told him his machine was not giving a false reading or lost calibration but had a halo ground system with over a dozen rods, rebar in basement slab, all electrical, phone, cable, Faraday cages, metal roof, gutters and lightning rods all tied together bringing my ground potential so low I could not get an accurate test till purchased my Fluke 1621 and was glad to see his 1625 agree with my readings. Said he had only seen such well grounded buildings at dot gov and university facilities.

Luckily did not have to remove the whole house surge suppressor have on main electrical panel which was afraid like daisy chaining UPS's the two systems may confuse each other. The senior tech was fairly sure but called a company EE who said their system would clamp down on any surge regardless of whatever I have on my side of meter. If surge were to kill theirs then have a secondary such as two lightning strikes back to back then my panel mount surge protector can take a stab at clamping it down before passes main panel and reason whole house generator is not tied 24/7/365 to panel so if an impulse feeds in through the grid then maybe generator wI'll survive to understand our backup equipment stored away in Farady storage also unconnected.

Take one small project and like having one extra AR 15 part turn into another build in a decade or two your house will be highly EMP resistant. If don't start sooner than later when world goes sideways you will lose most if not all your systems. My goal is for primary residence to survive but if have to evacuate have locations that are walking distance, 20 minute drive, one hour drive and three hour drive based on isolation feel will be best for situation that can make in reasonable safety.
Old December 07, 2018, 18:49   #947
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

I know the main theme of this thread is EMP, but since a concerted cyber attack could emulate the effects of an EMP, I will leave this here instead of starting a new thread.

It is a documentary about the Stuxnet virus attack and the Pandora's box that was opened by it's use and discovery. It is long, almost two hours, but well worth your investment, IMHO. Some of you may already know everything brought forth in this film, but if you're curious, watch it.

Old December 13, 2018, 14:52   #948
C2A1
Registered

Part of the interest of what goes on in Vennie land as a staging point.
https://www.newsmax.com/peterpry/emp.../11/id/894063/
Old December 14, 2018, 21:09   #949
C2A1
Registered

Insight to the infighting. I get weekly updates so pass some along to keep you up-dated as to who is doing what.
https://www.utilitydive.com/news/us-...report/544028/
Old December 14, 2018, 21:16   #950
C2A1
Registered

Some good links to follow up on.
http://www.firstempcommission.org/