yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1769 View Post
Nailed it. ^^^^^^^
Its far from the only reason.

But in all honesty, the American military during my 24 year run on active duty, was in far many wars, shooting matches, and adventures than Israel has ever been involved in over its whole 70 year history, and by far!

Israel measures their wars by days in combat, the American military measures it wars in decades.

What was actually nailed by the comment, is that Israel is far more peaceful, meaning absence of WAR than your home of the USA by a factor of several times more peaceful.
And, that Israel minds its own business, not invading other countries land very often, like once,??? in 1967, then they gave it all back and then LEFT, then signed peace treaties with Egypt.
How long has the American military been in Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, Japan, Korea????
Decades upon decades.

Israel measures their war dead by the tens or maybe hundreds, and seldom have they ever experienced that many, where as we, the USA measure our war dead by the thousands, or ten of thousands.

As far as general unrest, riots like going on now, all the wounded and dead inside Israel from riots and upheaval done by the muzzies, with deaths and wounded on both sides counted in, over last 70 years, are I believe far lower than the mayhem ongoing in Chicago, for just the past 11 months.

How many people were killed or hurt in Ferguson problem times of the recent pass?
This week, Israel shot and killed 3 people rioting about ???? Jerusalem.
A couple of them were killed wearing suicide vests and all three attacked armed soldiers in some fashion.

The one last night, was shot and killed after he stabbed a soldier and had a suicide looking vest on, and after being dropped by one round, he tore open his shirt, and screamed he was going to blow himself up, all with people around him, still holding the bloody knife in his hand, so the soldiers put two more rounds in his ass and killed him.

And btw, the Israel soldier looking officers, are actually police officers, its a very rough neighborhood.
How many people did USA police officers shoot and kill just yesterday, not all this week, in that, that would not be a fair comparison with Israeli police, ever!

If anyone wants to live in a peaceful country, that does not occupy others lands, does not often involve its self in wars, and your only two choices are Israel and the USA, hands down, the place to live in peace is Israel.
Old December 17, 2017, 09:40   #202
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
If Israel would have better gun laws or a 2A, I would have considered it.

The other flaws are: I do not speak Hebrew, canít understand it either, and I am too old for military service. I do like their wimmin, they are some of the prettiest in the world, especially in uniform.
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2017, 16:29   #203
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbat60 View Post
If Israel would have better gun laws or a 2A, I would have considered it.

The other flaws are: I do not speak Hebrew, canít understand it either, and I am too old for military service. I do like their wimmin, they are some of the prettiest in the world, especially in uniform.
Agree with ya on all of the above!
Being toooooo old is the ass kicker for me on many things!

Israels gun laws are like they are, because most folks don't realize, they have nearly a couple million muzzie Israeli citizens, and when the laws were written way back when, they were having some severe internal problems, shall we say, about trusting some of their own citizens with firearms.

Getting gun permits can be done, though a pain in the ass I'm told.
Settlers have a far easier time doing it, and carry full automatics.

Its a unique problem inside Israel.

But tha wimmen!!!!!!!
Wow!
Food is good too.
Old December 17, 2017, 22:10   #204
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Agree with ya on all of the above!
Being toooooo old is the ass kicker for me on many things!

Israels gun laws are like they are, because most folks don't realize, they have nearly a couple million muzzie Israeli citizens, and when the laws were written way back when, they were having some severe internal problems, shall we say, about trusting some of their own citizens with firearms.

Getting gun permits can be done, though a pain in the ass I'm told.
Settlers have a far easier time doing it, and carry full automatics.

Its a unique problem inside Israel.

But tha wimmen!!!!!!!
Wow!
Food is good too.
I guess I need to go there and see for myself.........
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2017, 23:10   #205
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbat60 View Post
I guess I need to go there and see for myself.........
Air fare ain't that bad, considering the distances, and cost inside not really too bad, hotels are like here for a nice one, 100/120 a night.

We stay at a hotel just outside one of the gates in Jerusalem, and I just blanked on which gate but its within easy walking distances of about everything, public transport is everywhere, they solved the exploding bus problems, with a really tall fence, cabs ain't bad, tours everywhere else, day trips, it ain't a big country, smaller than my county here in AZ.

If everyone could go for a visit from the states, Europe is a lost cause, 95% would be very pleased, the other 5%, they can't be pleased with anything or anyone.

If ya make it, stay in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv looks like any other nice American city.