Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Class III Files

Notices

Old June 14, 2018, 18:08   #1
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
M11 AR Pistol Brace??

In other thread about Tec-9 has had me thinking about adding a few spare parts and maybe another gun to the pair and while lurking about have been checking on M-11 parts, magazines, etc. Have a pair of Form 4 M-11's in 380 with Sionics suppressors using the original rubber wipes. The spindly wire stocks are crappy and sights useless but both have lasers mounted to front of trigger guards and usually one hand them suppressed using the lasers for aiming.

Also have a pair of semi-auto Cobray M-11's in 9mm that have no provision for stocks thus only way to add a stock would be SBR them and can't add a vertical grip adapter either. With suppressor and a heavy Nomex glove hold the suppressor with weak hand and let the lasers do the aiming with the semi-autos as well. Today found an adapter that allows attaching an AR 15 collapsible stock to back of M-10/M-11's on Gunbroker. Looked, thinking was nifty but just another trap requiring a Form 4 to use then thought about what the legality of using it in conjunction with an AR 15 pistol brace rather than collapsible stock.

Would that constitute a violation or not. Using it to install a collapsible SIG brace would add very little length and the rails would likely run perfectly down each side of the pistol. Extended could use as brace or would shoulder better than an original wire stock. Is that something you would send a letter to BATFE for a ruling? At $45 for the adapter plus price of a SIG Brace it would be a huge improvement in ergonomics. Below is link to the adapter. Anyone willing to guess what BATFE would consider this used with a pistol brace?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/774050540
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2018, 19:44   #2
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Don't fool with that cobbled up nightmare on GB....USMachineguns has exactly what you need!

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddeta...prod=SHWVF-CSA

Adapter with Upgraded Folding Adapter and (ATF APPROVED) Shockwave Blade Stabilizer for M-11 Cobray Semi Auto. This rear stock adapter is a two piece design cut from the same aluminum as most AR receivers, machined to cradle the receiver for added strength. It has a custom designed inner rear spring spacer that replaces the OEM part. This allows the bracket to be bolted to the gun for improved strength. Upgraded folding adapter offers upgraded machined parts, machined improved locking buffer tube slot to prevent turning, upgraded hinge spring, improved locking hinge, slimmer design and harder coating. Kit also includes Shockwave Blade, KAK tube and Castle Nut. Allen wrench and instructions included. ATF letter can be printed from the KAK industries we site. Available in FDE color.
Old June 15, 2018, 06:37   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Outfreaking standing. Thats exactly what I need.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old June 15, 2018, 12:27   #4
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
Be careful ordering from usmachinegun.

I had a really bad experience dealing with him.

If you want specifics, I'll do it in PM.
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2018, 12:42   #5
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
https://www.keepshooting.com/mac-10-stock-adapter.html

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Has freedom been replaced with Free-Dumb.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2018, 12:46   #6
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
I have one of those ^ on my M10/9 transferable, but they won't fit on an M11.
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2018, 19:56   #7
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Too bad about USmachineguns. I was hoping to get an ace style folding stock for my M11 carbine.
Old June 17, 2018, 18:30   #8
MOS11C
Registered

FALaholic #: 38594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
Don't fool with that cobbled up nightmare on GB....USMachineguns has exactly what you need!

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddeta...prod=SHWVF-CSA

These are pretty good....but..

.....there is only one tiny technical issue if you ever have to shoulder the oem Cobray with one of these things.

-
-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; July 26, 2018 at 10:04.
MOS11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2018, 10:15   #9
jugrunner
NoNbaSeduseR
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS11C View Post
These are pretty good....but..

.....there is only one tiny technical issue if you ever have to shoulder the oem Cobray.

-
-
-
-
-

Yep ... Jail ...
Old July 16, 2018, 20:51   #10
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Actually did a 5.56 build with 5.5" barrel, Battle Arms Development buffer and used a brace shaved to minimum size to fit the short Battle Arms buffer and it is so short actually shoots better as a pistol using pistol brace as designed against forearm. Rigged Velcro strap so can slip arm in and cinch quickly and has a micro red dot where front sight should be and shoots as well as can expect a 5.5" 5.56 to shoot without shouldering, if use suppressor pull on Nomex glove so don't burn weak hand if let slip forward a bit too much.

Have not purchased one of the above mentioned devices but could see it work as a pistol brace without shouldering for my 9mm Ingrams. Anything to stiffen up the grip when mag dumping 147 grain subsonics would have to be an improvement and imagine like my last two super short AR pistols they shoot better using as brace compared to trying to shoulder a pistol that's so short the ejection port is under your chin. Back in the day purchased a pair of 45 acp M10's first, sold and put money toward a pair of 9mm then set up a Trust in my dad's name and loaned him the money to buy the 380's with cans. The 380's can manhandled with can and fact mag empties in under two seconds.
Old July 24, 2018, 00:01   #11
StormWerkz
Registered

FALaholic #: 20404
There is the StormWerkz adapter
http://stormwerkz.com/stock-adapters...stock-adapter/

StormWerkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2018, 18:08   #12
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Nice looking unit with the Tailhook. Honestly the greatest feature of the Ingram is small size so making them bigger doesn't do much that you can't do better with a totally different weapon. With the Stormwerkz design folded it keeps it's compact length but gets fat. I addressed handling issues and sorry sights by dropping calibers till had the pair of 380's that handle easily with a can and using laser to aim soon as red dot is where needed a sub two second mag dump is a huge amount of energy on target in short period of time. Finally found an adapter to use my Osprey cans on my Ingrams. If were to put a brace on my 9mm's the Stormwerkz with Tailhook seems most elegant thus far.