The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > To Keep and Bear Arms > Concealed Carry & Personal Defense

Notices

Old March 06, 2019, 11:35   #1
johnnycobra
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 26209
Is this legit: usconcealedonline CHL

Basically, they sell an online CHL quiz that allows any US citizen to apply for a Virginia CHL that is currently reciprocal in 28 states.

Although the process in Texas is simple, this is even easier, it appears.

Anyone use it or have additional comments on cost, gotchas or legitimacy?

https://usconcealedonline.com/?ckmre...clck=165963603
johnnycobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2019, 11:57   #2
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
What would make it illegal ?

Government at any level loves to sell permits to "allow" a legal fiction to do something that they deem to be illegal without their permission.

Lol @ us citizen as this equals a legal fiction IE not a flesh and blood human but a franchisee of federal government aka a 14th amdt citizen.

Some education for the unknowing of the masses in residence here.
https://adask.wordpress.com/2009/06/...united-states/
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2019, 12:05   #3
johnnycobra
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 26209
I guess my question of legitimacy isn’t on the premise of needing a permit to allow our inaliable rights, but whether this particular company’s online training actually enables a person to actually get a Virginia permit if that’s what you wanted.
johnnycobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2019, 12:30   #4
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
I understood that I guess the words permission or allowed etc are trigger words that interrupt my liberty process that is guranteed by one of more of the founding documents.

I don't recall a permit or a need of permission being associated with the 2nd amdt.

IMH(LOL)O this topic requires a buttload of pushback and to reclaim our natural citizenship status.

There are some here thar are OK with their slavery status I'm not one of them.

FYI It's unalienable not inalienable.

And to clarify or redirect some bs you may have heard on the radio or seen on the idiot box, we live in a Republic not a Democracy!

My apologies to any snowflakes I may have offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycobra View Post
I guess my question of legitimacy isn’t on the premise of needing a permit to allow our inaliable rights, but whether this particular company’s online training actually enables a person to actually get a Virginia permit if that’s what you wanted.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2019, 16:31   #5
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Looking at the laws of Virginia, it does appear that this online course meets the requirements for Firearms Safety training required by the State.

However there are other issues that may mean you are wasting your time:

1. Who may receive a CCP from VA- Virginia Resident Concealed Handgun Permits are issued by the Circuit court of the county or city in which the applicant resides. Please contact the applicable court for specific instruction on the application process.

2. The purpose of a Virginia Nonresident Concealed Handgun Permit is to carry a handgun in a concealed manner while in the Commonwealth of Virginia. You will need to contact the authorities within your state to determine if they will honor Virginia’s Nonresident Concealed Handgun Permit in your state of residence. The cost of the Va permit is $100 and is good for 5 years.

http://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms...Concealed.shtm

Many State's CCP/CCW laws now state that reciprosity is for out of state residents bearing an authorized permit from their State of residence. So while the Va CCP permit for Va residents may be valid in a State, the Out of State Residence CCP from Va may not be. If you obtain a CCP from Va, you should always check to make sure it is valid through the route you intend to travel.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2019, 16:55   #6
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
On a slightly different note, is there a list of states that have reciprocity with other states ? Pretty sure a PA resident CCW is honored in FL but want to confirm. Local PD didn't know for sure.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2019, 16:58   #7
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html
Old March 08, 2019, 17:15   #8
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
I just learned something playing with the reciprocity link I posted above.

I have a lifetime CCW permit from IN. When I moved to KY, I assumed I needed a KY CCW and checked on the details to get one. The first step was to prove KY residency, and to "prove" KY residency required having a KY drivers license for at least 6 months.

I did carry for those 6 months knowing that KY was reciprocal to IN with CCW, but truly I did not know if having the lifetime IN license was still valid if I now had a KY driver license. I just gambled on the fact that if questioned for some reason, I knew I would not be doing anything too stupid and a reasonable cop would likely let me slide with an admonition to quit carrying until I got my KY permit.

Playing with this reciprocity map today, I see KY does actually recognize a non-resident IN CCW permit. I cannot say I lost a lot of sleep over it at the time, but apparently it was an unfounded niggle of concern.
Old March 09, 2019, 07:48   #9
grumpy1
Registered

FALaholic #: 72190
I know the state of Utah has more CCW permits issued to people who live out side of the state than it does for people who live in the state. It seems very common these days for states to issue permits to non-residents.
grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 09, 2019, 08:13   #10
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
I know several who have used the on-line training spoken of to document them having had firearms training prior to applying for a Va. CCW. I don't agree with this method. I once heard a friend's wife comment that she would just have her husband take the test for her in order for her to obtain a Va. "Shall issue" CCW.
Whydah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 09, 2019, 08:31   #11
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
It’s kinda funny how when I use that map in Invictus’ link, the states that come up red are the states I already actively avoid for a whole host of other reasons.

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 09, 2019, 17:39   #12
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post

Playing with this reciprocity map today, I see KY does actually recognize a non-resident IN CCW permit. I cannot say I lost a lot of sleep over it at the time, but apparently it was an unfounded niggle of concern.
Just make sure that you, as a resident of KY, can utilize the IN permit. Many States say that they recognize out of state permits for out of state residents.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote