Notices

Old September 16, 2018, 15:44   #51
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Well before we had our 1st foreign military base.

...............juanni
You mean like early 1800s? When the Brits, despite a serious land war on the continent woke up one day and just like that, walked in & laid waste to a couple cities including DC, took our merchant seamen off their vessels and impressed them into their navy at will without so much as a by-your-leave? Or the muzzies who didn't bother to put 'em in the navy but just tossed 'em in dungeons. Lets see, back then we still had slave auctions, women couldn't own property or vote, average life span was nowhere near what it was today, literacy rate was in the low double digits, child mortality in the sweatshops of the day was so high they didn't bother keeping records and dildos like yourself would have been taken care of quietly, which is to say out of sight and out of mind. ... yep sounds like shit was just peachy.

The thing is buddy-boy you can't cherry pick the parts of the past you think you like, everything exists in context. It's an all or nothing deal. Sure we ought to close a few foreign military bases. Need to close a few around here too for that matter. But it is seriously wrong to imagine a world where the evils are the result of this thing or that. Even worse to actually try it, Woodrow Wilson famously did just that and consider for a moment what his admittedly feeble effort to give the world hugs and kisses led to.

Nothing happens in a vaccuum. If you had lived your life instead of pissing it away being mad at the world you'd know that.
Old September 16, 2018, 18:24   #52
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
You mean like early 1800s? When the Brits, despite a serious land war on the continent woke up one day and just like that, walked in & laid waste to a couple cities including DC, took our merchant seamen off their vessels and impressed them into their navy at will without so much as a by-your-leave? Or the muzzies who didn't bother to put 'em in the navy but just tossed 'em in dungeons. Lets see, back then we still had slave auctions, women couldn't own property or vote, average life span was nowhere near what it was today, literacy rate was in the low double digits, child mortality in the sweatshops of the day was so high they didn't bother keeping records and dildos like yourself would have been taken care of quietly, which is to say out of sight and out of mind. ... yep sounds like shit was just peachy.

The thing is buddy-boy you can't cherry pick the parts of the past you think you like, everything exists in context. It's an all or nothing deal. Sure we ought to close a few foreign military bases. Need to close a few around here too for that matter. But it is seriously wrong to imagine a world where the evils are the result of this thing or that. Even worse to actually try it, Woodrow Wilson famously did just that and consider for a moment what his admittedly feeble effort to give the world hugs and kisses led to.

Nothing happens in a vaccuum. If you had lived your life instead of pissing it away being mad at the world you'd know that.
not entirely accurate bubs'

see thing was wimmins, many wimmins did own property...it's been a popular myth they couldn't

So when Washington passed away do you think Martha was deposed of Mount Vernon ?
nope

What was an issue for ladies was filing a land claim, they were unable to do so...had to be a husband. Deal was a woman was not seen as capable of improving land on her own which was the purpose behind homesteading

That said, in most of America a gal was able to outright purchase property

Voting is complicated
most gals didn't want suffrage
basically where it started was in States like Wyoming where you had some tough ladies running ranches & businesses
Brothel Madams played big into this as well brother.

Today we tend to ignore the political clout the frontier prostitution industry wielded.
These were some highly independent broads
you study up on it some you will discover the whores often gave more to charities than the damned church folk, one of the big reasons why it was tolerated so well

The other was something my granny Theo shared with me years ago...
there really was no effective birth control and Men, well we expect to Fukk.
As such, most wimmins were in ways grateful for the hookers versus being perpetually pregnant

Prostitution used to be extremely wide spread in America
even in rural communities maids in Hotels were selling pussy for 25 cents meaning a gal was making better cash than your average Man
I have a fair collection of original whore house tokens. A Man would go in, exchange cash for a token you gave to the hooker that she cashed in with management, usually the madame.
Most "Pool Halls" were set up where you could use a token for a game of billiards or get laid in the back.

anyways, figure your average bitch was making at least a buck daily, serious money in the mid to late 19th century, still damn good up through the Great Depression.

Don't know if it's still open as a museum but Butte Montana had a famous Brothel, the Dumas. Allegedly even a couple Presidents made use of their services. Huge building bubs, extremely high end bordello. Pretty sure it was still active up into the 1970s ?

The gals who either owned or managed these operations were rather powerful politically. You can look into the Red Light district in Duluth MN's Canal Park district as well, local historical society has some decent online data on that one.

So who imploded that industry ?
mostly pastors, preachers & priests leading non Hooker females to "Glory"
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2018, 18:45   #53
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanjoe View Post
They got away with it too.
Old September 16, 2018, 20:35   #54
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
Return to a small constitutional govt, stop meddling all over the world.
That is when the country ran best, w/o killing off the handicapped.

..............juanni

meddling' is just an excuse. islam doesn't care.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2018, 00:02   #55
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Perhaps of interest. The US has a presence in 100 to 150 countries (sources vary). The number of personnel in these countries can be a few to 10's of thousands. Our enemy du jour, Russia has a presance in nine. China/one. France/nine. GB/ten, etc. The US defense (war) budget is over $600b/year .... more than the next seven top spending nations. I don't think we're getting our money's worth or will it prevent another 9/11 equivalent.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2018, 04:56   #56
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
not entirely accurate bubs'

see thing was wimmins, many wimmins did own property...it's been a popular myth they couldn't
Right. Some blacks were free too. Thing is most weren't, they were chattle property. Owned, just like most women and for all practical purposes, children.
Old September 17, 2018, 07:49   #57
Ted Kennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77365
...and the usual course of a thread. Some folks insist that we attacked the wrong folks for 9/11, that the MIC and the "Deep State" are a bunch of money-grubbing globalist demons engaging in wars for oil, and off we go to link foreign meddling to slavery days.

That pretty weak, but very predictable.
Ted Kennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2018, 08:57   #58
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kennedy View Post
...and the usual course of a thread. Some folks insist that we attacked the wrong folks for 9/11, that the MIC and the "Deep State" are a bunch of money-grubbing globalist demons engaging in wars for oil, and off we go to link foreign meddling to slavery days.

Hey man...Nine eleven was an inside job. Bush lied and people died. You can keep your doctor. Mission accomplished. Depends what the definition of is is. Read my lips - no new taxes.

Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2018, 11:44   #59
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Associated is a much better word than linked. Linked, at least the way most people use it implies causality. I for one seriously doubt causality either way between the two exist. Rather more like they occur together like stink and shit. Which should be obvious to all in any case.
Old September 17, 2018, 12:41   #60
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:
Associated is a much better word than linked. Linked, at least the way most people use it implies causality. I for one seriously doubt causality either way between the two exist. Rather more like they occur together like stink and shit. Which should be obvious to all in any case.
I guess one could also associate the Gulf Wars with Vietnam. (this will not be a quagmire, remember?) That gained us what?

Folks that opposed that waste of men and resources were mocked and despised, just as folks pointing out the fallacies of our current state of affairs are today.
There's a big difference in opposition to the conflict and being a POS hippie like Jane Fonda, vilifying our troops. Most folks are either too lazy or deceitful to make that distinction - whether it be for themselves or whether trying to recruit support for their side.

H.L. was correct, I believe, as was General Butler.
Old September 17, 2018, 13:10   #61
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I guess one could also associate the Gulf Wars with Vietnam. (this will not be a quagmire, remember?) That gained us what?

Folks that opposed that waste of men and resources were mocked and despised, just as folks pointing out the fallacies of our current state of affairs are today.
There's a big difference in opposition to the conflict and being a POS hippie like Jane Fonda, vilifying our troops. Most folks are either too lazy or deceitful to make that distinction - whether it be for themselves or whether trying to recruit support for their side.

Yes, one could. There are most certainly parallels. Starting with the tendency of simpletons to underestimate the complexity of the situations and as a result, proscribe this or that as an answer to a problem that they cannot begin to understand, never mind fix. This tendency is distressingly common and there's plenty to go around certainly. But it does seem more common among certain sorts of people. Which in a round about way simply adds additional support to the original contention.
Old September 17, 2018, 13:33   #62
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:

In the end you have to ask yourself was it the right thing to do at the time. Nobody truly knows the outcome once you got to war but what lead us into the event. I won't boar folks with history they allready know but in both wars there were events leading up to them that seemed to justify taking action. Problem in every war since WWII is they never end them. 17 years now in Afghanistan and no end in sight.
Old September 17, 2018, 13:46   #63
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
In the end you have to ask yourself was it the right thing to do at the time. Nobody truly knows the outcome once you got to war but what lead us into the event. I won't boar folks with history they allready know but in both wars there were events leading up to them that seemed to justify taking action. Problem in every war since WWII is they never end them. 17 years now in Afghanistan and no end in sight.
Please don't boar me.

"the right thing to do at the time" - yes, the folks promoting war always make it look like the right thing to do at the time. Opposing voices, even objective questioning voices are quieted (most of them) when patriotism is questioned by the war mongers. (who never seem to be the ones rucking up, oddly enough)
Old September 17, 2018, 13:46   #64
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Yes, one could. There are most certainly parallels. Starting with the tendency of simpletons to underestimate the complexity of the situations and as a result, proscribe this or that as an answer to a problem that they cannot begin to understand, never mind fix. This tendency is distressingly common and there's plenty to go around certainly. But it does seem more common among certain sorts of people. Which in a round about way simply adds additional support to the original contention.
I think it's far more complex than people realize because they simply don't have a memory to remind them how it all came around. 911 nobody was there to say what lead up to the event, it's like everyone lost all memory of the past. 10 years earlier Bush senior did desert storm on the Arab world and one hell of a lot of people died. Those fleeing Iraqis cut down on the highway was shown all over the world and you can just imagine how many terrorist were recruited after that.

So was Bush senior the cause of 911? The terrorist did wait until Bush junior was in office to strike. Focus was all on the event of 911 and not how we got there. When Sadam invaded Kuwait it was all about oil, he threatened the world's oil supply. Was Bush sr justified in war?
Old September 17, 2018, 13:52   #65
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Please don't boar me.

"the right thing to do at the time" - yes, the folks promoting war always make it look like the right thing to do at the time. Opposing voices, even objective questioning voices are quieted (most of them) when patriotism is questioned by the war mongers. (who never seem to be the ones rucking up, oddly enough)
Not a problem, I can move along to better conversation. Boar, bore wgaf
Old September 17, 2018, 13:52   #66
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I think it's far more complex than people realize because they simply don't have a memory to remind them how it all came around. 911 nobody was there to say what lead up to the event, it's like everyone lost all memory of the past. 10 years earlier Bush senior did desert storm on the Arab world and one hell of a lot of people died. Those fleeing Iraqis cut down on the highway was shown all over the world and you can just imagine how many terrorist were recruited after that.

So was Bush senior the cause of 911? The terrorist did wait until Bush junior was in office to strike. Focus was all on the event of 911 and not how we got there. When Sadam invaded Kuwait it was all about oil, he threatened the world's oil supply. Was Bush sr justified in war?
Might be right about that. Might be something else too. I'm beyond wondering why and no longer care why people are stupid. They just are and I'm sick of dealing with it. And pissed off at myself for ever caring about stuff like that. Freaking waste of time.
Old September 17, 2018, 14:02   #67
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Might be right about that. Might be something else too. I'm beyond wondering why and no longer care why people are stupid. They just are and I'm sick of dealing with it. And pissed off at myself for ever caring about stuff like that. Freaking waste of time.
I think about things to give myself foundation. I care about right or wrong but know I have no power to affect anything other than my own being. Once you know what people will do to others then you know what they will do to you. It's just prudent to watch and pay attention.
Old September 17, 2018, 14:07   #68
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:

Bubbs can always be counted on to defend the status quo..... all while claiming he doesn't support the status quo......all while voting for status quo politicians and parties.

.............juanni
Old September 17, 2018, 14:57   #69
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Bubbs can always be counted on to defend the status quo..... all while claiming he doesn't support the status quo......all while voting for status quo politicians and parties.

.............juanni
Wondering how 'voting third party' is not supporting the status quo? Like what, third parties just happened yesterday? Has it not occurred to you that 'third parties' IS the status quo? Do you really think that a successful third-party candidate is a scenario that has never occurred to them, and that they ain't ready for that eventuality?

Damn J, you really ARE pumped up on yourself ain't ya feller ... sheesh!
Old September 17, 2018, 15:59   #70
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Yeah it was ALL ABOUT THE OIL and how the Kuwaitis were angle and horizontal boring into Iraqi reserves.
Tarq Aziz tried peaceful approaches, even had cases at the Hague Court over it all. He pleaded with America to intervene
Finally we told Aziz we were fine with their using military intervention, we were going to stay out of it.

The Road of Death ?
Little factoid:

When the Iraqis entered Kuwait there were thousands of Slaves, mostly young girls from Thailand, the Philippines, etc brought in as domestic workers who then had their passports stolen and turned into Sex Toys.
Now get this, Saddam offered to liberate them as they were pulling out and give them free passage to their home countries. Not because he was some great humanitarian but because of the global propaganda coup it would have been for him.
Thus the Iraqi army seized up busses filling them with these lost ladies
That's what the actual target was and our brave pilots incinerated a mess of gals along with the retreating troops.

This was reported well in the Asian press, even was covered in Canuck media to an extant. Canadian sources referred to them as hostages however the Iraqis had already made contact with a number of families regarding the girls they rescued. Real nasty mess and all to prevent HW and the Kuwaitis from losing face.

After that over a thousand women and children were discovered by US forces mostly sheltered by several different international groups. No passports, Kuwaitis wouldn't let them leave after their rapists were tired of them. Now that did make the American media briefly
They were rather quietly repatriated to their home nations, this including both European and a few American gals.

I have mentioned I have a number of Islamic friends
they all, every last one of them detest the Kuwaitis.
The most common bitch I heard was this whole matter of wholesale enslavement of foreign female workers, the network of underground night clubs and brothels and an over all air that their shit didn't stink and they were untouchable even under Islamic law.

At the time of the War the majority of Kuwaitis were on an incredible State welfare system, the "poorest" of them would be upper middle class in America. The nation was so wealthy most Kuwaitis simply chose not to work.

Allegedly the Saudi's interest was in weakening Saddam nothing more
there really was no love between the House of Saud and the Kuwaiti Royals but the House of Saud totally loathes Bathism
Old September 17, 2018, 16:10   #71
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yeah it was ALL ABOUT THE OIL and how the Kuwaitis were angle and horizontal boring into Iraqi reserves.
Tarq Aziz tried peaceful approaches, even had cases at the Hague Court over it all. He pleaded with America to intervene
Finally we told Aziz we were fine with their using military intervention, we were going to stay out of it.

The Road of Death ?
Little factoid:

When the Iraqis entered Kuwait there were thousands of Slaves, mostly young girls from Thailand, the Philippines, etc brought in as domestic workers who then had their passports stolen and turned into Sex Toys.
Now get this, Saddam offered to liberate them as they were pulling out and give them free passage to their home countries. Not because he was some great humanitarian but because of the global propaganda coup it would have been for him.
Thus the Iraqi army seized up busses filling them with these lost ladies
That's what the actual target was and our brave pilots incinerated a mess of gals along with the retreating troops.

This was reported well in the Asian press, even was covered in Canuck media to an extant. Canadian sources referred to them as hostages however the Iraqis had already made contact with a number of families regarding the girls they rescued. Real nasty mess and all to prevent HW and the Kuwaitis from losing face.

After that over a thousand women and children were discovered by US forces mostly sheltered by several different international groups. No passports, Kuwaitis wouldn't let them leave after their rapists were tired of them. Now that did make the American media briefly
They were rather quietly repatriated to their home nations, this including both European and a few American gals.

I have mentioned I have a number of Islamic friends
they all, every last one of them detest the Kuwaitis.
The most common bitch I heard was this whole matter of wholesale enslavement of foreign female workers, the network of underground night clubs and brothels and an over all air that their shit didn't stink and they were untouchable even under Islamic law.

At the time of the War the majority of Kuwaitis were on an incredible State welfare system, the "poorest" of them would be upper middle class in America. The nation was so wealthy most Kuwaitis simply chose not to work.

Allegedly the Saudi's interest was in weakening Saddam nothing more
there really was no love between the House of Saud and the Kuwaiti Royals but the House of Saud totally loathes Bathism
No doubt there's much more as well.
Old September 17, 2018, 16:16   #72
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Wondering how 'voting third party' is not supporting the status quo? Like what, third parties just happened yesterday? Has it not occurred to you that 'third parties' IS the status quo? Do you really think that a successful third-party candidate is a scenario that has never occurred to them, and that they ain't ready for that eventuality?

Damn J, you really ARE pumped up on yourself ain't ya feller ... sheesh!
To repeat a point I have made a number of times:

The Republican party was founded in 1856 in the little town of Ripon Wisconsin by a handful of German and one French Anarchists. They had their start with immigrant proto Communists who had been chased out of their native nations and fled to America.

Horace Greeley was the one who named this new third party movement as a sword of social justice to be deployed against the militantly Conservative Democrats.

The early planks of the Republican party were largely lifted from Karl Marx's Das Kapital, in fact their are a number of letters between Marx and Lincoln enshrined in our National Archives.

Anyways, there truly are no "third parties"
when enough Citizens get sick of the trash parties implode as happened to the Federalists and Whigs, for the matter the party of Jefferson, the Democratic Republicans when Jackson created his little schism and founded the new Democratic party
Old September 17, 2018, 16:52   #73
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
No doubt there's much more as well.
Certainly is I am sure bubbs

When I returned to College after taking a couple years off one of my classmates was a former Apache Gun Ship Jock who had been deployed down the Highway of Death, guy was serious torn up in his soul.

As he told it he was flying multiple missions a day, remember this wasn't a one day event. He'd load up, deploy, return, load up again, repeat
Busses were considered high value targets by command, being a real Glory Boy he smoked a mess of them.

Some days later post operations he was allowed to tour his handiwork on the ground
what he learned in those moments changed him forever
Had has 35mm camera, shot a couple rolls of film mostly of burnt out busses full of crispy critters, some cradling infants, other fused together with a child on their laps.

He sorta snapped, Command explained the necessity of the operation...he was a damn Officer after all however in the end he was granted a service separation. We used to get deep in the bottle, total sobbing drunk. It was usually time to put his ass to bed when he started asking "Am I Going to Hell ?"

Now I run into jackasses who deny all this
sorry, I have his photos and negatives. Gave it all to me one afternoon, medals, awards, everything military he had, just said "I don't need it anymore". He dropped out of school said he just needed to drive awhile. Last I heard he was living in Costa Rica.
Hope he finally found his peace.

Kuwaitis are Trash People, the Snowflakes of the Arab world
Omanis are not a great deal better and Saudis, well Saudis often need a good beating.
It's difficult to explain to the layman bubbs but there are enormous differences in the Arab depending on Nation despite western bullshit otherwise by both the right and left.
factually, some people are incapable of living Free

Yemen tends to be pretty cool, still quite a bit of the original Warrior culture is fully intact, hell up until rather recently, maybe even currently you were able to buy hand grenades out of baskets in the marketplaces right next to baskets of small melons
Old September 17, 2018, 17:00   #74
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
To repeat a point I have made a number of times:

The Republican party was founded in 1856 in the little town of Ripon Wisconsin by a handful of German and one French Anarchists. They had their start with immigrant proto Communists who had been chased out of their native nations and fled to America.

Horace Greeley was the one who named this new third party movement as a sword of social justice to be deployed against the militantly Conservative Democrats.

The early planks of the Republican party were largely lifted from Karl Marx's Das Kapital, in fact their are a number of letters between Marx and Lincoln enshrined in our National Archives.

Anyways, there truly are no "third parties"
when enough Citizens get sick of the trash parties implode as happened to the Federalists and Whigs, for the matter the party of Jefferson, the Democratic Republicans when Jackson created his little schism and founded the new Democratic party
Which is precisely my point, and has been. Upsets do happen on occasion. Jackson was one, Reagan was another. The Donald is the most recent. The other side doesn't win them all. But the thing the upsets all have in common is the PTB didn't see 'em coming until it was too late. And none of 'em involved so-called 'third parties'.

The PTB would much rather have malcontents go third party as it guarantees they aren't gonna be players in a new administration. And it seems to pacify them, makes 'em feel good about what they didn't accomplish. Which seems to be enough.
Old September 17, 2018, 17:41   #75
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Which is precisely my point, and has been. Upsets do happen on occasion. Jackson was one, Reagan was another. The Donald is the most recent. The other side doesn't win them all. But the thing the upsets all have in common is the PTB didn't see 'em coming until it was too late. And none of 'em involved so-called 'third parties'.

The PTB would much rather have malcontents go third party as it guarantees they aren't gonna be players in a new administration. And it seems to pacify them, makes 'em feel good about what they didn't accomplish. Which seems to be enough.
You seem to have missed my point

Republicans were once a Turd Party.
Think on it, they were founded in the back room of a frontier Wisconsin saloon in 1856 yet placed Lincoln on the throne a mere five years later
this was seriously pre mass media too.

What occurred was Lincoln, a Whig stole the party & then the election

In my experience you have three groups:

Leaders who generally are addicted to controlling others

those who need to be led

and a few of us that just outright reject the authority over us by other Men or Women.

I have always been just amazed by statist turds who loudly proclaim that regardless of how awful the leader is, you MUST respect the Office
sorry, never been wired that way

Jackson and Lincoln were not merely "upsets"
they led wholey New parties

This gets back into the root of it
Most folks don't Vote, generally you get 40 odd % to the polls and they are closely split but every so often that silent majority speaks out

It happened here with Ventura's election, something very similar happened with Trump.
Donald is no Conservative, if anything he's a Populist
Old September 17, 2018, 18:14   #76
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
You seem to have missed my point

Republicans were once a Turd Party.
Think on it, they were founded in the back room of a frontier Wisconsin saloon in 1856 yet placed Lincoln on the throne a mere five years later
this was seriously pre mass media too.

What occurred was Lincoln, a Whig stole the party & then the election

In my experience you have three groups:

Leaders who generally are addicted to controlling others

those who need to be led

and a few of us that just outright reject the authority over us by other Men or Women.

I have always been just amazed by statist turds who loudly proclaim that regardless of how awful the leader is, you MUST respect the Office
sorry, never been wired that way

Jackson and Lincoln were not merely "upsets"
they led wholey New parties

This gets back into the root of it
Most folks don't Vote, generally you get 40 odd % to the polls and they are closely split but every so often that silent majority speaks out

It happened here with Ventura's election, something very similar happened with Trump.
Donald is no Conservative, if anything he's a Populist
Not really. The republicans stepped in when the Federalists vaporized. Happened in the space of a very few years too. Neither one of these two parties is ready to vaporize anytime soon, and at the time this was pushing an open door. Maybe it would be more helpful to discuss some of the other ones long forgotten. Such as the peace and freedom party, Constitution party, Reform party, the Socialists, the Communists, Bull Moose, Liberty, Greens, etc etc. Of these only the Socialists have gotten anywhere near the levers of power and to suggest that either the Socialists or Communist parties arent entirely coopted by the PTB is to be willfully blind and stupid beyond credibility.

As to Jackson and to a lesser degree Ronnie they were upsets completely opposed by what today is called deep state but they slipped through anyway. The parties reformed around them. Again the repubs were a one-off. So no, I ain't buying it. These guys are determined to hang on at all costs and if you want to beat them you're gonna have to get the first punches in before they can see 'em coming. And that won't be from some third party nonsense.