Notices

Old May 23, 2017, 14:13   #201
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Yes. We're 'in'.

We shot at 600 yards Saturday, and did handgun drills. We're doing long range (1000 - 1200 yds) the second week of June - along with a bunch of other stuff like the NWMGC in July, local 3 gun in June, the Completely Bad Ass 12th Annual Oregon FAL Shoot in June, ( ) and high angle shooting in August.

And we're running. And going to the climbing gym. And bodyweight stuff. And kettle bells. And rucking at elevation. And doing an orienteering competition. I hope some of this works, because I need to upgrade the weapon chassis.

5 teams out of 37 completed the course last year. Some of those teams did it in 19 - 23 hours, and some did it in 60 - 63 hours. We're not trying to win; we're trying to: a) finish, and b) not take more than 36 hours to do it.
This is so cool...
Old May 23, 2017, 14:24   #202
Nuttz
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 69873
Quote:
Yes. We're 'in'...
Old May 23, 2017, 14:55   #203
beseventeen
Registered

FALaholic #: 75901
LOLOL
beseventeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2017, 21:32   #204
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by beseventeen View Post
I like to go to bed at 9pm. LOL.
How the hell are you ever going to make an aftermatch party with that kind of attitude?!?!?

"Your 8mm FAL is like a deuce coup with a Ferrari pancake 12 under the hood and a Jaguar rear end. It just kinda transcends cool into fantasy."- USMC 0341

"The stimpgewehr is the reason Waldo is hiding."- Kotengu

"The game is worth the candle...always been."
stimpsonjcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2017, 21:33   #205
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yes. We're 'in'.

We shot at 600 yards Saturday, and did handgun drills. We're doing long range (1000 - 1200 yds) the second week of June - along with a bunch of other stuff like the NWMGC in July, local 3 gun in June, the Completely Bad Ass 12th Annual Oregon FAL Shoot in June, ( ) and high angle shooting in August.

And we're running. And going to the climbing gym. And bodyweight stuff. And kettle bells. And rucking at elevation. And doing an orienteering competition. I hope some of this works, because I need to upgrade the weapon chassis.

5 teams out of 37 completed the course last year. Some of those teams did it in 19 - 23 hours, and some did it in 60 - 63 hours. We're not trying to win; we're trying to: a) finish, and b) not take more than 36 hours to do it.
You've clearly lost your mind...it's going to be awesome.

"Your 8mm FAL is like a deuce coup with a Ferrari pancake 12 under the hood and a Jaguar rear end. It just kinda transcends cool into fantasy."- USMC 0341

Old May 23, 2017, 22:06   #206
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by beseventeen View Post
Dude I'm so pumped to live this through you. Keep posting in here even though it's the OK thread bc I want to know more. I want to try this in 2018. I had a question though...is that like...19-63 straight hours?? Or are they resting at some point. Bc the only limiting factor I see about myself is that I like to go to bed at 9pm. LOL.
Looks like some people sleep, and some people don't. Still trying to get a handle on that, but I see that before you take off, you and your gear are subject to a drug dog sniffing, so im guessing that various forms of non-prescription goodies are not allowed.

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:10   #207
Nuttz
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Did the Sledge-hammer/Tractor-tire/Ammo-can workout yesterday in record time followed by abs for cool down. Temp was a lot lower today 65degrees with 100% humidity. I haven't run with extra weight since before Rockcastle so I figured I would do the work run route again today with the 20lb plate carrier. Third fastest run wearing the plate carrier on this route for 5 or more miles.

Last edited by Nuttz; Yesterday at 15:18.
Nuttz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:32   #208
Nuttz
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Going to take some time to "gush" (B17's term) about folk here. I am going to talk specifically about our Brother Jeff. In the past I had labeled him Paladin in jest due to his warrior spirit and his devote affiliations, even those he is as tall as and runs as fast as Elven breed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by For those not versed in Gary Gygax or Tolkien'esque literature
Paladin (Holy Knight) - a class of Warrior that is fully devoted to kindness and ridding the world of evil. They are very religious, and have a strict code of honor, as well as a soft spot for children and animals.
So the story goes: I hade just return last night from standing in for my daughters Virginia Governors School awards/graduation ceremony (they skyped her in to see me receive her awards and diplomas), and I receive an out of the blue message from him simply saying "...hope you are yours are well...". He must have some divine gift and/or maybe just loves kids and soccer.

The irony is I was standing in for her because my daughter was at home, on strict bed-rest, recovering from a injury/ER visit at her soccer tournament in VA Beach on Sunday. She took a direct shin kick to the face while diving for a save (she is goal-keeper).

ER visit and ENT Surgeon appt. yesterday told all from the CatScan/MRI (had to wait for swelling to subside). She has multiple orbital fractures on the lower left socket and fractures on the left nose bone. Her cheek bone is broken clean through vertically and separated laterally. Eye and sinus are all good, which is a relief. She is scheduled for surgery next week and they will install a synthetic lower socket to support the eye and they will install metal L-braces on the left and right sides of the cheek bone break and screw then together to fuse the cheekbone back.

All of that said, he had no knowledge (unless by some other means) of this, yet sent me good wishes at the very right time for me to smile and say "Holy F@ck" (pun intended), how did his crazy a$$ know. So I am going to continue to label him such!

So to you Jeff, our Holy Warrior,
Old Yesterday, 19:50   #209
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
Wow. Glad she is OK, and so sorry for all she has been through and is about to go through.

And yes, Jeff is an impressive dude from many different perspectives.

And your runs are still killing it!
Old Yesterday, 20:55   #210
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttz View Post
Going to take some time to "gush" (B17's term) about folk here. I am going to talk specifically about our Brother Jeff. In the past I had labeled him Paladin in jest due to his warrior spirit and his devote affiliations, even those he is as tall as and runs as fast as Elven breed:

So the story goes: I hade just return last night from standing in for my daughters Virginia Governors School awards/graduation ceremony (they skyped her in to see me receive her awards and diplomas), and I receive an out of the blue message from him simply saying "...hope you are yours are well...". He must have some divine gift and/or maybe just loves kids and soccer.

The irony is I was standing in for her because my daughter was at home, on strict bed-rest, recovering from a injury/ER visit at her soccer tournament in VA Beach on Sunday. She took a direct shin kick to the face while diving for a save (she is goal-keeper).

ER visit and ENT Surgeon appt. yesterday told all from the CatScan/MRI (had to wait for swelling to subside). She has multiple orbital fractures on the lower left socket and fractures on the left nose bone. Her cheek bone is broken clean through vertically and separated laterally. Eye and sinus are all good, which is a relief. She is scheduled for surgery next week and they will install a synthetic lower socket to support the eye and they will install metal L-braces on the left and right sides of the cheek bone break and screw then together to fuse the cheekbone back.

All of that said, he had no knowledge (unless by some other means) of this, yet sent me good wishes at the very right time for me to smile and say "Holy F@ck" (pun intended), how did his crazy a$$ know. So I am going to continue to label him such!

So to you Jeff, our Holy Warrior,
Sorry to hear this bro. Sports are fun, but this is the down side. I'll keep her in my prayers.

I don't have Brunop's clairvoyance, i just happened to check in on the thread (because I THINK I'm just about injury free and getting interested in this again, kind of.)
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:58   #211
Nuttz
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
Sorry to hear this bro. Sports are fun, but this is the down side. I'll keep her in my prayers.
Thank you very much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
I don't have Brunop's clairvoyance, i just happened to check in on the thread (because I THINK I'm just about injury free and getting interested in this again, kind of.)
We are excited to have the Dwarf back with our journey!
Old Yesterday, 21:09   #212
beseventeen
Registered

FALaholic #: 75901
Oh my goodness!! I am so sorry to hear about that. I hope she heals up quickly. Goalkeeper is no joke, they take some serious abuse. Poor gal.
beseventeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:35   #213
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Sorry to hear about the girl, Jimmy!

I had a friend with similar injuries back in high school and he came out fine.

Old Today, 06:16   #214
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Dang, Jimmy - I hope she recovers quickly.
TedKennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:22   #215
Nuttz
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Thank you all very much. I will post the MRI pictures tonight when I get home.
Old Today, 06:47   #216
Nuttz
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Sorry for the drift Al. Just to get back on track in this thread and recover from the horrific Shia LaBeouf de-motivational video:

Old Today, 07:22   #217
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Very cool. I didn't realize that was BRCC dude until the second video. Some crybaby was complaining on the SET forum about the BRCC waterboarding video. I watched it and ordered two pounds of their coffee immediately. I can't post videos, so if you can, please post. It's freaking hilarious.
TedKennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:25   #218
TxGunDawg
Registered

FALaholic #: 58435
WOW!!!

Speedy recovery.
TxGunDawg is online now   Reply With Quote