Old May 15, 2017, 11:14   #1
dashaus
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65658
ID drum mag on the right

I believe the mag on the left is korean - one on the right
Early Chicom the winding lever is unique? slot with hole on either side

Offer a $120 for all 5 Mags I bought them

Last edited by dashaus; May 15, 2017 at 15:08.
dashaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2017, 12:06   #2
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523
Tapco are at most 5 bucks each so 15 max for them

Korean mags at most 60-70 I have seen them for 55 or so at times so your at 70 or so right now

The big question is what is the other mags ...You need to see if it has any markings ..Circle 10 or the like ( most circle 10 drum are in fact china drum whole long story on it ) ...Just seeing the photos does not help ..

I think it is not korean but that leaves a lot of other countries ..If Rom maybe 80-90 for it if in good shape ..China well a bit more 100 or so

If rom mag I think 120 is a big high for some crapcos and korean mags ...If a china mag or a cirlcle 10 mags about right
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2017, 12:47   #3
M90A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 3409
Pre-ban, Chinese drums will bring more than $300 on Gunbroker. Ask me how I know.
M90A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2017, 14:18   #4
TnHawk-45
Registered

FALaholic #: 13892
The one on the right looks like a factory 36 Chinese one. If it is then you have found a bargain. If the one on the right is a 100 rounder then you also need to kiss the seller because a kiss is normal when you ......ah........f...ah.. intercourse someone!
TnHawk-45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2017, 14:59   #5
sjohnson
Registered

FALaholic #: 24502
The right drum may be commercial Romanian, reportedly built using Chinese equipment. Most will have a "Made in Romania" etched onto the spring key. $80-90 if so. Good drum (I have one), just not true milsurp.
sjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2017, 15:02   #6
dashaus
Silver Contributor

I do not see any markings or any kind
Same size as the Korean mag
Looks to a 75 round mag 6" diameter spring loaded turn key
Guy that sold to me said it was 45 rnds

So Chinese 75 rnd mag worth $100 bucks?

Last edited by dashaus; May 15, 2017 at 15:12.
Old May 15, 2017, 15:25   #7
dashaus
Silver Contributor

Other drum is 6" diameter "Korean" made Green grey park finish

Last edited by dashaus; May 15, 2017 at 15:36.
Old May 15, 2017, 15:45   #8
dashaus
Silver Contributor

The Chinese Mickey Mouse unmarked one in this thread

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/20-...-ak-drums.html

Old May 15, 2017, 17:03   #9
sjohnson
Registered

FALaholic #: 24502
Now that I'm on the big screen, agreed Chinese. The spot welds sure look chinese and the IIRC the Russians only made top-loaders.

I've seen chicom 75 round drums as high as $175 but they've come down to 130-150 anymore. Well made drums that load easily.

I've function-tested my Romanian clone at 77 rounds, worked perfectly. Can only get 75 in my others.
sjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2017, 19:33   #10
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
I picked up a 75 and 100 round Chi-com drums during the great ban rush of 1994. I got a 75 rounder for $39 then. Here in a ban state, they certainly do command a $300+ price tag.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:41   #11
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
$300 for preban drums? Have a freaking box of gold downstairs at house. If pair with a preban AK and sealed spam can(s) of preban steel core what would that package be worth. All still in cosmoline, cleaning kits, original boxes, etc.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2017, 10:46   #12
dashaus
Silver Contributor

Now if we live in Canada

Old May 17, 2017, 11:36   #13
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Wonder how many snowmobiles cross border in winter? Driving across a frozen lake is where the Kennedy money originated. Amazing how we have Al Capones and Kennedys in our history that made their money the same way, one just did it without Tommy Guns or at least caught with them...

I buy the steel core, especially Russian or similar whenever get the opportunity which is not often as most burned it up. First day I ever shot an AK ran a steel course wondering what the buzzing bees sound was till gun ran dry and heard screaming STOP, STOP, STOP behind me as buddies were taking shrapnel along with front of my parents house. Had a full steel course including falling plates in manner could shoot from garage when raining. My folks were really tolerant of my gun hobby from day one including a reloading bench in bedroom at age 13 which took over dad's home office by age 16. Still wondering what value of preban rifles, mags and ammo would be in ban states.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old May 17, 2017, 20:51   #14
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Not an unusual ad in the MA area:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/603923...-drums-pre-ban

75 Rnd CHINESE Made VERIFIABLE PREBAN 30 flat back

EXCELLENT WORKING ORDER.

Mags made by Norinco in China prior to the 1994 crime bill. Importation of magazines from China ceased under the George Bush Sr. Administration in the late 1980's long before the September 1994 ban date. All mags marked "Made in China" are therefore Pre-ban and verifiable. I do not believe that any of these are PolyTech as Poly Technologies marked the base plates of their mags "POLY" and they had chrome followers.

30 round flat back Preban Chinese AK 4 7 magazines - $39.00 each (used)

30 round flat back Pre-ban Chinese AK47 Magazines - $59.00 each (New with made in China sticker)

75 round Preban Chinese A K 47 Drum stamped "Triangle 36" - $399.00 each (used)

75 round Pre-ban Chinese AK-47 Drum stamped "Triangle 36" - $499.00 each (NEW in bag with made in China sticker)

Mass residents: I require a copy of your LTC-A. (I just need to see address and expiration date - just month and year - not day. You can cover up the rest)
Old May 18, 2017, 06:30   #15
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Used to be a department store 2.5 blocks from my business and had package deals, SKS with 600 round spam can of steel core with 100 stripper clips $89.99. SKS-M with two 30 round mags and 600 round spam can of steel core for $124.99. AK 47 with two 30 round magazines and 600 round spam can of ammo for 149.99. 75 round drums were $29.99. Looked it up in my book after reading at this thread. Went in every Friday, bought an SKS week one, SKS-M week two, SKS week three and AK week four of each month. Did this for over a year till the mall passed a policy of no gun sales when sold to new holding company. Was actually 18 months, have sold quite a few during each panic and done well. If had a clue would have sold all the Sandy Hook rifles in ban states but then would not have been cash FTF with traction completed in LGS with a 4473. So cash in now or wait for next freak out? Guess would be counterproductive to dump too many at once. Who would have thunk it, got hosed on more investments than can count but them Chinese rifles are going to more than balance even the bar tabs and travelling the globe from the 1980's and 1990's. Better not tell wife what her little commie guns are worth or she will sell me down to bare walls while at work. Odd, can sell a commie magazine for more than a NIB AR 15 costs.