The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old October 23, 2017, 04:31   #1
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
daughter uses glock

my daughter & boyfriend went to a late movie and afterwards walked to their truck & a middleaged woman drove up to their vehicle in an abrupt manner and said there is a phone was on the truck hood of my daughters truck.
my daughter had her glock 27 & the lady saw my daughter reach into the center console and grab the 27, my daughter chambered a round & the woman heard it and daughter told her bf to get out of the truck and grab the phone. So he did and the lady and her just stared each other down. Her bf grabbed the phone and he said it was on airplane mode and was gonna get in the truck then the lady said oh I'll take it! And drove off without the phone.
The cops said this is a common trick used for nefarious purposes in this area of Houston.
I told her to get a high intensity flashlight & avoid parking lots at night & good job. & keep a round chambered. & watch out for them houstonian texicans. & prayed thankfulness she & bf are ok.
0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2017, 04:52   #2
d762nato
Registered

FALaholic #: 73390
Good deal glad she's ok, you never know when the animals are going to attack.
d762nato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2017, 08:29   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Two guys in ATL area are attributed to over 24 armed car jackings, parking lot robberies and cash machine robberies in past two months. Three young men are attributed to over 100 car break in over past month or two. Cops have pictures and know who two are but can't find them. Have taken dozens of guns so sure to be armed if encounter. Wife and I have to go to ATL today and she is wearing body armor to the city now and gun on hip. I will have access to gun till roll me out of preop to operatory and soon as get to post op will have my briefcase waiting with suppressed SIG with wife. Taking a new vest down ordered for my surgeon.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2017, 08:32   #4
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
So they leave a dummy cell phone on someones car and then try to get close? Not following this.

Lots of places in Houston to stay away from.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2017, 09:47   #5
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65818
A few months ago my wife and I had to take her father to Mayo for a minor surgery, which meant we spent the night in a hotel. Since Mayo is a firearm free zone and full of hadjis and skinnies I thought I'd be slick and use an ankle holster. Seemed like a good idea, right? Wrong, I when I was one my way back to the room that night after going out to smoke, I had four hadjis get on the elevator with me and start the babbling and sideways looks that always seems to lead up to an issue. At that point, I realized that an ankle holster is completely useless for anything other than to be a security blanket and make you feel good. My luck held or the fact that I had them all by a foot and a hundred pounds and looked pissed put them off and I got back to my room without an issue. But it was a situation that I hadn't considered before. Lesson learned, keep the tools close at hand when life forces you to be at arms length from unfriendlies. Not saying on my belt would been much better at that range but I would have at least had a chance.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

You can tell it's real because it looks so fake.
Elon Musk February 7, 2018
badzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2017, 09:58   #6
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Will have 380 in pocket holster at hosptial in ATL today till change into gown in preop. Wife is wearing her level 2 vest and Walther PK380 on belt. Will have my armored briefcase with suppressed SIG Tacops in storage compartment back of her wheelchair. Give her my 380 when change in gown but SIG Tacops will be in reach till wheel me to operatory. Wife will be waiting in post op with her and my kits. Soon as dress will be armed again and be wearing vest to parking lot where remove and put back on when get back to truck. Wife started wearing vest to ATL few months ago after uncomfortable situation in parking lot.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old October 23, 2017, 10:01   #7
Falfan2017
Registered

FALaholic #: 79031
Tell her to keep that glock chambered!
Falfan2017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2017, 13:00   #8
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falfan2017 View Post
Tell her to keep that glock chambered!
No shit.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2017, 19:35   #9
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
I always carry ... even in hospitals. The whole point of conceal carry is that no one knows. Just think of all the murders in hospitals over the years (not talking about medical procedure **** ups). Once in a while you hear about a doctor who doesn't follow the rules and is better off for it:

http://people.com/crime/hospital-sho...es-police-say/
Old October 25, 2017, 20:08   #10
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
Quote:
Originally Posted by badzero View Post
A few months ago my wife and I had to take her father to Mayo for a minor surgery, which meant we spent the night in a hotel. Since Mayo is a firearm free zone and full of hadjis and skinnies I thought I'd be slick and use an ankle holster. Seemed like a good idea, right? Wrong, I when I was one my way back to the room that night after going out to smoke, I had four hadjis get on the elevator with me and start the babbling and sideways looks that always seems to lead up to an issue. At that point, I realized that an ankle holster is completely useless for anything other than to be a security blanket and make you feel good. My luck held or the fact that I had them all by a foot and a hundred pounds and looked pissed put them off and I got back to my room without an issue. But it was a situation that I hadn't considered before. Lesson learned, keep the tools close at hand when life forces you to be at arms length from unfriendlies. Not saying on my belt would been much better at that range but I would have at least had a chance.
I had the exact same realization recently about my ankle holster. Now wearing the 380 in a belt slide. Moar better. Round in the chamber, extra mag in pocket and two more in an iwb kydex pouch.
Old October 25, 2017, 21:58   #11
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

Life seems to be full of those lately. I was standing in line behind a black guy today who had to be 7 feet tall (I'm 6'4) and I'll bet he weighed at least 400 pounds and I realized that I had no cofidence in a 9mm coming out of a 3 inch barrel stopping him if I needed too.

Old October 26, 2017, 00:24   #12
Registered

i don't get the fascination with 9's & .380's. the .40, .357 sig, 10mm & .45 are significant rounds fo the big boys. i like pocket holsters, just slide your hand in & grab ahold.
Old October 26, 2017, 06:52   #13
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

They're light,small and easy to conceal, and with modern bullet technology probably ok. But as our country slips down the slope and people get more deranged, I'm not convinced they're the right choice anymore.

Old October 26, 2017, 07:15   #14
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
i don't get the fascination with 9's & .380's. the .40, .357 sig, 10mm & .45 are significant rounds fo the big boys. i like pocket holsters, just slide your hand in & grab ahold.
.380 killed a duck and started a war. Don't think the .45 has such street cred.
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2017, 08:06   #15
Falfan2017
Registered

Theres a lot of studies showing there is very little difference between 9 40 and 45 acp in terms of one shot stops and average number of rounds required to get a stop.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/alte...stopping-power

The .357 mag or sig does do better in this study but to really see a difference you need a rifle or shotgun.
Old October 26, 2017, 13:32   #16
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Why I always carry a major power factor handgun and have rifle as close as truck. If go into doctors office the briefcase always goes as well. Have a friend that is a logger. 6' 6" 275 pounds and handles a chain saw, works on heavy equipment and manhandles things so big ad heavy I cant even wiggle every day. Would be concerned about any handgun stopping him if close, as highly likely if popped him three times center of mass with a 45 you would die as emptied final rounds in magazine with his hands around your neck. Really don't believe if he decided to kill most armed people with his bare hands, they could get him killed with their handgun before he got them killed with his hands unless got off head shots.
Old October 26, 2017, 13:34   #17
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
.380 killed a duck and started a war. Don't think the .45 has such street cred.
it was a .32 and it was a duke.

I'm starting to think I need to start carrying other than lethal self defense products as well. There are a lot of obnoxious people around who you cannot use lethal protection against, they just need an arse whipping. My wife confiscated my Kimber Lifeact, maybe I need another.
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2017, 15:28   #18
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
9mm hollow points are probably better than .45 FMJ.

As always, the biggest consideration is shot placement and (failing that) how pissed off the attacker is. Adrenaline is a superior high performance drug.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of StalinĎs thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2017, 15:50   #19
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
I'm starting to think I need to start carrying other than lethal self defense products as well. There are a lot of obnoxious people around who you cannot use lethal protection against, they just need an arse whipping. My wife confiscated my Kimber Lifeact, maybe I need another.
Just read another thread that addressed
biological responses
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2017, 10:09   #20
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Pretty much under same obligations of "in fear for life" to use less than lethal than go ahead and burn a cap on them. Discussed my pepper balls and hard rubber balls along with pepper spray, mace, stun gun and tazer with local prosecuter and a few law enforcement people with lots of experience. Told one next person that got in my face was going to taze them or next road rage incident was going to hose offenders vehicle with dents from the hard rubber balls from paintball gun. All told me I would likely end up with felony charges plus a civil court suit suing me for damages both real and psychological. When work church security carry less than lethal just so can say had that option in court but if pushed that hard going to guns more than likely. Better check laws in your state, especially concerning minorities so don't risk felony hate crime charges. Our legal system is far from fair.

Also remember if own a taser, all cartridges release small confetti Dots with small bar codes they can track to manufacturer, distributor all the way to person who discharged it. That way can determine which cops discharged or if some lunatic just starts tasing people at random can track them down. Is almost impossible to find all the little mylar dots before someone shows up without a good vacuum cleaner. Add in there's video cameras everywhere now so odds are if in public video is rolling. My truck fires up three dash cams when feels movement so will even film a thief breaking in.
Old October 29, 2017, 13:46   #21
Registered

i roll w pepper spray, knife (great fo pits) & pistola. course i have read the krav maga handbook & watched "enter the draggin" just to go belt & suspenders.
Old October 29, 2017, 16:56   #22
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
When people act crazy, I can play along with that them quite well.

"My nuts itch!"

"Can I get twenty dollars?"

Moonwalk moves.

If all else fails,.... yodeling.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2017, 17:20   #23
gaijinsamurai
Registered

FALaholic #: 24362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
I always carry ... even in hospitals. The whole point of conceal carry is that no one knows. Just think of all the murders in hospitals over the years (not talking about medical procedure **** ups). Once in a while you hear about a doctor who doesn't follow the rules and is better off for it:

http://people.com/crime/hospital-sho...es-police-say/
I work security in a hospital that prohibits firearms, except for LE. On occasion, I'll see someone who I highly suspect of packing, and if they "look" law abiding to me, I'll give them a smile and wink, and walk on.
gaijinsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 03, 2017, 10:34   #24
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
If all else fails,.... yodeling.
Proven to work
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 03, 2017, 10:40   #25
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
I found one of the old Kimber pepperblasters on EBay for $15. Expired, but like the ad for 1 million year old seasalt but expiration date 3 years from now..

I gave the one I had to my cousin in South Africa. Like them better than the new Lifeact models, it does not look like a gun, and can be gripped either way. The Lifeact has to be gripped like a gun.
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2017, 05:21   #26
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijinsamurai View Post
I work security in a hospital that prohibits firearms, except for LE. On occasion, I'll see someone who I highly suspect of packing, and if they "look" law abiding to me, I'll give them a smile and wink, and walk on.
I joined hospital security as volunteer for emergencies then director wrote letter giving me to carry on campus. Put over 1,000 hours volunteer work into permission to carry in one building. Now we have laws like this in Georgia.

Quote:
Q: Are state government buildings off limits?
A:*No.*HB60*decriminalized the carrying of weapons into government buildings when the government building is open for business and where ingress into such building is not restricted or screened by security personnel. A license holder who enters or attempts to enter a government building carrying a weapon where ingress is restricted or screened by security personnel shall be guilty of a misdemeanor if at least one member of such security personnel is certified as a peace officer. However if a license holder immediately exits such building or immediately leaves such location upon notification of his or her failure to clear security due to the carrying of a weapon shall not be guilty of a misdemeanor. A person who is not a license holder and who attempts to enter a government building carrying a weapon shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
Quote:
Q: What if a business posts a sign stating No Firearms?
A:*While there is no law against carrying a firearm into a business that posts such a sign, GeorgiaCarry.Org encourages its members to respect the private property owners wishes. Why support such a business with your hard-earned money? There are plenty of businesses that support your right to bear arms. They are more deserving of your support.

Should a business owner or his agent ask you to leave while you are carrying a firearm, do so immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible. Failure to leave within a reasonable time, or refusing to leave, is a criminal offense known as criminal trespass. In addition, please maintain a polite demeanor so as to project a good image of yourself and other GCO members to the business owner and any witnesses even when asked to leave.
Basically in Georgia a license holder can carry anywhere except a church with a "no weapons" policy or a building with security checkpoint manned by licensed screener or law enforcement operating a weapons checkpoint. Even Hartsfield International Airport is game on till hit TSA checkpoint. If dropping/picking someone up my carry in baggage areas, ticketing, restaurant and gift shop areas your good. Walked into county courthouse annex this year to pay for vehicle tags then to pay property taxes and busine license. Both times was openly carrying my SIG, three spare magazines, pepper spray cannister and flashlight on belt. Nobody even blinked, not even the security officer. He sits in a booth and does not man a weapons checkpoint.

Our hospital is a privately owned corporation/business. Even though they still have "weapons free campus" signs posted, unless they want to maintain a screening area with certified officer at every entry it is legal to carry unless asked to leave. About to go for my Saturday morning visits and will wear a long sleeve shirt untucked to cover weapons and spare magazines. I still have my letter but matters naught, if a security officer asks me to take my weapon out of building will comply then call his boss next business day. Better to not rock boats or get thumped in head. Many of the guys know me but many don't as security staff rotates often. So except for churches, unless there is a metal detector and cop/TSA officer screening for guns, your good to go in Georgia. You Cali guys were to visit you might never go home but just have your stuff shipped to hillbilly land. Welcome to Mayberry, RFD.
Old November 04, 2017, 10:07   #27
judgedredd
Registered

FALaholic #: 79768
thank God she is safe, she did really good.

judgedredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2017, 12:18   #28
Registered

virtually everyone i know goes about unarmed. i tell many they should plan for their armed protection & i get the forrest gump stare. i am going hiking to day takin my fal. its a pig but i will be the cold hand of death to any critter that might be of grave concern.
Old November 04, 2017, 14:59   #29
spider991
Registered

FALaholic #: 35820
Quote:
Originally Posted by badzero View Post
Life seems to be full of those lately. I was standing in line behind a black guy today who had to be 7 feet tall (I'm 6'4) and I'll bet he weighed at least 400 pounds and I realized that I had no cofidence in a 9mm coming out of a 3 inch barrel stopping him if I needed too.
Glock makes a lovely item called the G29.......loaded correctly, have all the confidence in the world in that particular round....

And 0302, ya trained her right!
spider991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2017, 15:01   #30
spider991
Registered

FALaholic #: 35820
Quote:

Leave him alone Hagar, duck was a much cooler story!
spider991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2017, 15:23   #31
mutter
Registered

FALaholic #: 22871
While I am not a fan of glocks for a couple of reasons, I am glad your daughter is okay.

Here in Tx I don't need a CCW to carry concealed in my car as long as I am travelling and it is not on my person. I am going to San Antonio on Monday and I will be carrying concealed in my vehicle.

I carry a Polish TT33 loaded with Polish machine gun ammo and 2 extra mags. I love that hot as hell steel jacketed stuff. It can go through my car door, their car door, and kill them and I never have to display the gun.
mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 04, 2017, 16:16   #32
Falfan2017
Registered

Woman in my hometown got in her car the other morning. Saw a guy in a mask walking up she tried to get it in gear and drive away. He broke her window with an axe as she floored it and he hung on to the car window frame for about 30 feet until she got away. Scary stuff
Old November 04, 2017, 19:28   #33
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
In that case, please go to wikipedia and correct the following entry:
Quote:

An FN M1910, serial number 19074, chambered in .380 ACP[1] was the handgun used by Gavrilo Princip to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria in Sarajevo on June 28, 1914
Old November 04, 2017, 19:33   #34
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
In that case, please go to wikipedia and correct the following entry:
Quote:

An FN M1910, serial number 19074, chambered in .380 ACP[1] was the handgun used by Gavrilo Princip to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria in Sarajevo on June 28, 1914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falfan2017 View Post
Woman in my hometown got in her car the other morning. Saw a guy in a mask walking up she tried to get it in gear and drive away. He broke her window with an axe as she floored it and he hung on to the car window frame for about 30 feet until she got away. Scary stuff
Too bad she could not find a friendly wall to, ahem, rub her right mirror against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider991 View Post
Leave him alone Hagar, duck was a much cooler story!
Old November 05, 2017, 08:33   #35
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
virtually everyone i know goes about unarmed. i tell many they should plan for their armed protection & i get the forrest gump stare. i am going hiking to day takin my fal. its a pig but i will be the cold hand of death to any critter that might be of grave concern.
Used to that somewhat myself but following latest NYC and Colorado incidents sold three level II vests in just a few days with more coming in next week for fitting.
Old November 11, 2017, 21:39   #36
grumpy1
Registered

FALaholic #: 72190
To the OP, glad your daughter and BF are ok.

I have found that the reason most people donít carry their weapon hot is because of lack of training so they feel comfortable carrying their weapon with a round in the chamber.

Now to address caliber. As a new State Trooper I was assigned to guard a prisoner/suspect who opened fire on one of my fellow Troopers who was off duty. The Trooper hit the suspect 4 out of 6 times with a 45 acp out of a 1911. Two rounds hit the suspect in the chest, the other two hit the suspect in the head, one of which hit him in the forehead. Three days after the shooting I was escorting him from his room to physical therapy twice a day.

Iíve also been to more than one officerís funeral who was killed with a single shot from a 22LR. I canít tell you why every one of them died, wasnít there but all I know is I seen more people killed with the little 22LR.

I was asked to give input on new ammo to be issued. We had been issuing Federal 230gr hydrashock at the time of the Troopers shooting. We switched to a 200gr Spear Gold Dot. Bytheway, none of the slugs recovered did much expanding. With newer bullet designs and better testing by the manufacturer, there are better options for us to choose from. I carry a 380 auto loaded with either Corbon ammo or Remington bonded Golden Sabers and feel confident in it.
grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2017, 22:09   #37
Registered

my daughter's boy friend is an iraq army vet, 1st Cav, & he is used to the M9 & more comfortable with chamber empty. i do not trust hollow point ammo & prefer fmj for penetration. my next carry pistola will be 10mm or 357 sig or 357 or .41 mag. i have killed full sized cows & steers with a .22 to the head, drop like a rock. holler points are a marketing gimmick.
Old November 12, 2017, 09:07   #38
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

What is it with the young vets and the carrying an empty camber, had a buddy who did that until a couple of old men showed him how easy it was for that habit to be a death sentence.

Found a neat little pistol the other day, a Springfield XDS in 45, laying next to a Sig 938 9mm it is no thicker and the barrel is about half an inch longer. Lehigh defense has a new bullet that is solid copper and designed to tumble rather than expand. For now Ranger T series +p though, 230grs if it expands or not has a history of stopping threats.

Last edited by badzero; November 12, 2017 at 11:49.
Old November 12, 2017, 16:30   #39
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Glad to hear your daughter and her BF were unharmed by whatever anyone else had planned for them.

I am one who believes that its important to keep your weapon on your person. Not in a case, glove box, console, or purse. It was hard to convince my wife of that, however, as she most often stuffed her LCP into her pocketbook. If you don't have it on you, its too easy to become separated from it even if you have it close to you in something else. I finally bought her a Smart Carry holster and showed her how to wear it and thats now how she carries. Me, too, on many occasions were I don't have a cover garment that makes concealing a Glock riding in an AIWB holster too difficult or impossible.

I carry all the time and I carry everywhere... except a courthouse or similar facility. After all, concealed is the operative word. If I'm found out in one of those "gun free" zones, (which would be highly unlikely), and asked to leave, I certainly will leave without argument.
Whydah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2017, 20:17   #40
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Wife and I went to Atlanta for me to have outpatient this morning in her truck. It had been in for service recently and not driven since so had to load the lock with a rifle. Everyone that sees the Flaming Pig says most intimidating poodle shooter without a bunch of tacticool bling. The big snout of the muzzle device looks like a shotgun in an AR package staring at you.

Since could not wear armor into surgical center took my basic Level 3+ plate carrier in event needed to armor up quickly. Wife wore a Level 2a short cut vest with women's Dyneema trauma plate. Also threw suppressed M10 in since they kind of go together as a kit.

Final item in the truck was my daily carry briefcase sans rifle suppressor since Flaming Pig doesn't have an adapter. Has five mags for the suppressed SIG and dropped in four 30 rounders for the Flamimg Pig Wore a second SIG 2022 in paddle holster to parking lot where wife dropped me at door as slid it under the seat. Had a 380 pocket pistol in front pocket as nerve block was in thoracic spine, got to keep pants and wore a short gown so they could work on T6 and surrounding area. Doc knows if pants are on, have pistol in pocket even during procedures with sedation. He is a gun guy and owns armor as well. Wife stayed in truck and they rolled me to truck door so except when unconscious on table was never unarmed.

This is about the bare minimum we leave the house. If I were driving wife could manipulate rifle or suppressed SIG and I would one hand the suppressed M10. If wife is driving would most likely let her concentrate on just that while I poured on fire. It's stunning the number of freaks wandering the parking lots of Atlanta hospitals. It's too much effort to get wife in and out of truck with wheelchair on days I have procedure and if someone try to force way into truck she is trained to shoot from vehicle though think sight of the SIG 2022 with Osprey can or the M10 with can would back a vagrant, panhandler or car jacket up quickly. They have a choice to reverse direction immediately or get dropped in their tracks.

Feel having a one hand suppressed weapon close while driving is a big deal as an unsuppressed weapon dumping rounds in a truck cab would be huge distraction, make engagement less difficult as won't bust ear drums and less recoil to manage. If we get trapped by attackers using a truck to block road then both of us could fight quiet before went to the Flaming Pig. Many think I am way paranoid but look at the murder rate in American cities and fact there is a very violent car jacking ring working north metro past few months plus another group that's jacked five cars at same grocery store shooting owners twice a car jacking involving gunfire is almost a daily event in Atlanta now. We are not going down without a fight.

Just last week was stopped at road block as cops were looking for two armed men on the loose who had just knocked off an armored car in a hick town near ours. They were advising most vehicles, especially women with kids, to turn around and take an alternate route. Saw I was wearing armor, pistol on belt, rifle plate carrier and AR in passenger seat and waived me on through to do my job. Gave me a description of perps and asked if any of the radios would monitor or talk on their digital trunk. Replied have phone with 911. World has gone totally nuts and am dressing for success.
Old November 26, 2017, 13:22   #41
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
have a flaming pig on the PWS MK109 MOD-0 .300 Blackout upper,

no one wants to stand on the line w/ me when I bring it up to fire

as long as you step a few paces back you are ok,

it tends to send most report downrange and some 90 degrees of the muzzle

it is very intimidating just looking at the muzzle and when it starts barking & throwing flames, it is best to be behind the one shouldering it
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote