The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old January 19, 2015, 18:43   #201
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Thanks for keeping us up to date - I know a lot of us really value and appreciate your info

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2015, 11:29   #202
one hand clapping
Registered

FALaholic #: 35299
Agreed, thank you very much. though after reading, I'm more concerned than ever.
Old January 21, 2015, 21:09   #203
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
plus 1, we live in a fragile world.
Old February 02, 2015, 20:58   #204
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
FYI.
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/iran...2/01/id/621982
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 02, 2015, 21:23   #205
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
yepper, a blind man could see this one coming, these folks want to live in the 16th century, a win win for them to take us back several hundred years in the process.
Old February 04, 2015, 20:01   #206
C2A1
Registered

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...r-bomb-n295606
Old February 16, 2015, 20:43   #207
C2A1
Registered

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org...t?f=must_reads
Old February 16, 2015, 22:36   #208
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

yep!
Old February 22, 2015, 20:27   #209
C2A1
Registered

http://freebeacon.com/uncategorized/...istic-missile/
Headed to DC to meet with NRC inspector on the fuel rod issue. May link up with the congessional taskforce on EMP Friday.
Old March 03, 2015, 13:17   #210
C2A1
Registered

Well, back from wacky land. Got the fuel rod status and updates on Iran and Russian. I think we are nuts! I will post an update on the high points later this week.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-iran-goes-n/
Old March 03, 2015, 14:27   #211
BiGB808
Registered

FALaholic #: 18195
I understand its not an emp issue, but is the nrc talking watching any of the fukushima deal? Seems like they are melting down to the core of the earth )
Old March 03, 2015, 22:38   #212
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post

This is one of three lightning arrestor boxes with conduit that feeds coax cable into my radio shacks. Will try to get a picture posted of the box that feeds my 3/4" thru 1.25" heliax cables into shack. Having towers sitting outside with cable to pull antenna signals in adds to the effort needed to keep bad voltages away from fancy gear.

It's sexy...but you ought to run flat copper for the ground at least to the ground rod.

I ran 2"x0.035" from my wall plate to my ground bus...very paranoid.

I am still shopping for some ancient tube-driven stuff to put in the ammo-locker for after the EMP.

Just today bought several technical manuals on the old tube stuff. I am particular fond of the ancient ways.

"Your 8mm FAL is like a deuce coup with a Ferrari pancake 12 under the hood and a Jaguar rear end. It just kinda transcends cool into fantasy."- USMC 0341

"The stimpgewehr is the reason Waldo is hiding."- Kotengu

"The game is worth the candle...always been."
stimpsonjcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 04, 2015, 00:37   #213
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Well, back from wacky land. Got the fuel rod status and updates on Iran and Russian. I think we are nuts! I will post an update on the high points later this week.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-iran-goes-n/
Read this, but no one in this country seems to be listening!
Old March 05, 2015, 12:47   #214
C2A1
Registered

Yep, they are watching. He said none of the ponds cooling methods used here would have made it thru Fukushima. I think in Fukshima one of the cores melted.
Old March 05, 2015, 20:33   #215
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yep, they are watching. He said none of the ponds cooling methods used here would have made it thru Fukushima. I think in Fukshima one of the cores melted.
Two were melt downs, didn't stop until they hit ground water?
We have a large, one of the largest I believe, plant here in AZ.
We dump electrical power, might be digging my fallout shelter by hand!
Or an earthquake, which seem to be on the rise here in AZ.
Actually felt one a couple months ago.
Old March 05, 2015, 22:04   #216
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
It's sexy...but you ought to run flat copper for the ground at least to the ground rod.

I ran 2"x0.035" from my wall plate to my ground bus...very paranoid.

I am still shopping for some ancient tube-driven stuff to put in the ammo-locker for after the EMP.

Just today bought several technical manuals on the old tube stuff. I am particular fond of the ancient ways.
All eight corners of my Faraday cage and buss bar running length of shack for chassis grounds are all connected with flat stock. And easy way to get flat in a pinch is introducing 3/4" round copper pipe to the interaction between BFH and anvil. I have dozens of Andrews flat copper grounding kits to keep inductance low if need any. Have over 100 assorted heliax connectors in stock also. Just used my last roll of 2.5" heliax but have rolls of 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" and 1.25" in stock. Have several tube radios with spare matched tubes and tube amp in Faraday box just for grins. Don't want to be that solid state guy who is scratching head as to why radios died.

My weather FAX for downloading raw data and images from sattelites will be nice if the birds keep flying. My marine radar and ground to air radar is extra fluff that's fun to play with. Being able to watch boats and planes may be nice someday. Of course if its the g-men, my radar will be useless. When got all my radar training and endorsements I bought a lot of broken units cheap, repaired and put some in service and others in boxes since had mostly just time involved in recessutating them. Dang sure wish I was an E.E. would help my projects that often are over my head. Luckily had a recent silent key who did 30 years in Navy as radar tech spend some time teaching me hillbilly radar hacking.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2015, 14:40   #217
C2A1
Registered

Yes, Palo Verde has my interest as I will have the same problem. Have meeting in a couple of weeks with Rep.Franks about the issue.
Old March 06, 2015, 18:31   #218
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yes, Palo Verde has my interest as I will have the same problem. Have meeting in a couple of weeks with Rep.Franks about the issue.
Let me know please, this thing, after Japan, got onto our radar in a big way.
Luckily we here, are normally not in the wind pattern that blows thru from up there in our direction.
GP/Mark is down wind I believe, ugh!
Old March 09, 2015, 13:04   #219
C2A1
Registered

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org...s?f=must_reads
Old March 09, 2015, 21:09   #220
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

People are trying to spread the word, G-d help us all if or when it hits.....
Old March 17, 2015, 20:38   #221
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Light show tonight. You're welcome.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wir...ights-29699916
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2015, 09:23   #222
C2A1
Registered

Interesting tidbit. Storm weakened as it approached. However, this time there were systems watching the grid and the recent projections of system failure were confirmed. Enough so that it has gotten attention at interesting levels in DHS.
A lot of stuff coming across the desk. As my contact said yesterday, there appears more trip wires everyday. We have been asked to begin to layout a plan for "rural survivalbilty and sustainability". Food and Fuel are the focus. Can kernal areas be created? Low population density (carrying capacity) and restricted access. Assume "twilight" conditions. We'll see what happens.
Old March 20, 2015, 09:48   #223
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Interesting tidbit. Storm weakened as it approached. However, this time there were systems watching the grid and the recent projections of system failure were confirmed. Enough so that it has gotten attention at interesting levels in DHS.
A lot of stuff coming across the desk. As my contact said yesterday, there appears more trip wires everyday. We have been asked to begin to layout a plan for "rural survivalbilty and sustainability". Food and Fuel are the focus. Can kernal areas be created? Low population density (carrying capacity) and restricted access. Assume "twilight" conditions. We'll see what happens.
Sounds like they finally caught up to where a lot of us have been on this issue for years, fuel, food, water source, ammo, "rural survivability".
Get through the first six months/one year and then pick up the pieces.
Old March 21, 2015, 19:29   #224
C2A1
Registered

Pretty much, but it says that there not going to be any help short of these kernal areas. We have four areas defined with two a go. The question being asked is if we can get this done in time. The fuel rod storage ponds a big issue.
Old March 21, 2015, 21:04   #225
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

People who pay attention are preparing, those that are not will die.
Adding solar banks and putting in more fuel, fuel for pulling water up.
Got a couple of generators, thinking of adding a third as a redundant backup.
With water at 260ft, need power to lift or area is non liveable.
Friend asked about spare pumps, as in, did I have one or two put away, smiled, told him there would be K's around area to pick from, if or when we lost power.
Old March 22, 2015, 08:51   #226
one hand clapping
Registered

FALaholic #: 35299
Quote:
Pretty much, but it says that there not going to be any help short of these kernal areas. We have four areas defined with two a go. The question being asked is if we can get this done in time. The fuel rod storage ponds a big issue.
Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop.
I suspect that MY AO just might be one of those "kernal" areas you speak of, with the Greenbank facility and accompanying instalations located up and down that valley from sugar grove in the north to the Greenbrier bunker to the south..
I don't expect you to authenticate this mussing.
Old March 22, 2015, 09:18   #227
Exit308
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
People who pay attention are preparing, those that are not will die.
Adding solar banks and putting in more fuel, fuel for pulling water up.
Got a couple of generators, thinking of adding a third as a redundant backup.
With water at 260ft, need power to lift or area is non liveable.
Friend asked about spare pumps, as in, did I have one or two put away, smiled, told him there would be K's around area to pick from, if or when we lost power.
Have you researched the possibility of a DC power(solar) deep well pump as one of your redundant options for water? Silent and works whenever the sun shines. Of course you would need a tank or cistern to store some water at the surface, but if I lived in AZ I would have some storage capacity.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2015, 12:43   #228
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
Have you researched the possibility of a DC power(solar) deep well pump as one of your redundant options for water? Silent and works whenever the sun shines. Of course you would need a tank or cistern to store some water at the surface, but if I lived in AZ I would have some storage capacity.

There are four such systems within 40 miles of the homestead, all marked on maps and all out in the middle of no where for watering cows. All are marked on maps and such for future collections.
If needed.
Got generators for running the wells local now and enough fuel for at least six months of water needs for all that plan to pile into here.
We plan to gang up, go quiet, and stay out of the mad dash north and east.
Grid down and pandemics are our worst concerns.
Most people local, 90 miles, can't live here without power and will, or are expected to, move north toward Tucson.
Grid down, with 90% or better death rate inside 12 months, all we really need to do is survive for initial six to 12 months, then move East to area where we can survive long term.
In our area, anyone willing to hit a harden location is out of water, all we need to do is fend them off for a few days and they will either move along or die of thirst.
Not overly concerned with a long term siege of the homestead, that takes food and water and none of that is easy to get or locally grown.
For survival of 16 to 40 effectives and a host of elderly and kids, this is as good a location, and in fact a better location to sit out the initial crazy days, 6 to 12 months, as any place in the country.
3 minutes without air, three days without water, and 30 days without food.
Grid down, after a couple of weeks, this world will get real quiet real fast.
I expect small groups, 40 to 150 people will survive in locations all over this country, if they just gang up, go quiet, and stay the hell out of the hordes way until they kill themselves or simply die off.
Long term, after six to 12 months, I've heard really good things about West Virginia.
Old March 24, 2015, 15:52   #229
Vorpal_weapon
Registered

FALaholic #: 17016
My AO in its extant state meets a lot of the criteria you describe. It’s rural, with a relatively low population density. It has a moderate climate with abundant rainfall (which is why they call it "Green Country"). There is a vast wildlife management area not far from me. The local economy is predominantly agricultural (cattle, poultry, fodder crops, timber, etc.) - everybody and their brother is a "cattleman." Many people I know produce a lot of their own food (folks here tend to be kind of self-reliant.) Additionally, there is an abundance of good water, and I don't think the value of that can be overstated. Natural gas is produced in the area, but is mostly undeveloped as of yet. An acquaintance (used to work together on an inter-agency taskforce) living a few miles away has a producing gas well on his place. I think that would be tremendous.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

NRA Life Member
Vorpal_weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2015, 20:06   #230
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal_weapon View Post
My AO in its extant state meets a lot of the criteria you describe. It’s rural, with a relatively low population density. It has a moderate climate with abundant rainfall (which is why they call it "Green Country"). There is a vast wildlife management area not far from me. The local economy is predominantly agricultural (cattle, poultry, fodder crops, timber, etc.) - everybody and their brother is a "cattleman." Many people I know produce a lot of their own food (folks here tend to be kind of self-reliant.) Additionally, there is an abundance of good water, and I don't think the value of that can be overstated. Natural gas is produced in the area, but is mostly undeveloped as of yet. An acquaintance (used to work together on an inter-agency taskforce) living a few miles away has a producing gas well on his place. I think that would be tremendous.
Sounds like you're in a very good location.
Those of us here know we can't stay if or when it goes off, but are making plans to stay put and then move once its somewhat safe.
About best we can do.
Should be an interesting way to meet new people when we have to do it!
Old March 25, 2015, 12:11   #231
Vorpal_weapon
Registered

FALaholic #: 17016
The place certainly has its ups. It takes a little planning and travel to enjoy some of the amenities of modern society like the Bass Pro Shop, Dillard’s or the Macaroni Grill, but you get used to it.

If my plans included extended travel to meet those interesting new people you mention, I'd prefer a bit of advance comms and IFF. I was never fond of meeting engagements.

Be safe

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

NRA Life Member
Vorpal_weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2015, 19:50   #232
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

If or when the grid does go down for the count, humanity will fall apart in less than 72 hours and then we all face a whole new ballgame.
I've got old Army buddies in Texas, more in AR and more still in SC and NC. Family in NC/SC as well.
We've all spoke on the issue, got loose plans and such.
All plans seem to go straight to hell once the first round flies, so keeping it real simple, gather up local, go to ground, allow the crazy crap to burn out and then move east, picking up folks as we go and making new plans as required.
Arkansas is nice, mountains and four seasons and a lot of open space, suspect we'll all load up somewhere in that general area.
Going to be hard going from "normal" time to "survival" time.
About the only thing for sure is the expectation of 90% kill off inside 12 months, suspect it will be even higher.
Reducing life expectancy from current 85 down to 40 in less than 12 months is going to be something to behold.
Will become one hell of a hard world, nearly overnight.
Only "good" thing on any of this, more people seem to be making roughly same plans to survive once grid goes down.
Old March 30, 2015, 18:09   #233
C-ya
One day at a time...
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16313
Quote:
Only "good" thing on any of this, more people seem to be making roughly same plans to survive once grid goes down.
For sure. Myself and a couple of guys and their families will join together for mutual benefit and support, whatever that will be, when the time comes. We are trying to cover all bases, which will help when we pool resources. The tough part will be the family or friend(s) that didn't prep any and come knocking. Of course, we'll do what we can, but we are all preaching to do something for yourself so you have something to bring when you do come knocking.
C-ya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2015, 18:35   #234
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Must admit, gave up trying to warn people some time ago, wrote it off as a lost cause, and waste of words, as well as just bad OPSEC.
IF or when grid goes down, or something else major stops all the trucks from running occurs, people will become nuts overnight and only those that made some basic plans to group up will have any kind of chance to survive, at least for a while.
I always wished we all could have a location to meet up, once shit hits for real, maybe pick a location, some little town in some rural area, with running water and a chance for growing food, and just say, go there, if you can.
A lot of us live in places where we cannot live with the grid down for any length of time.
Just wishful thinking, shit hits, suspect we'll all be on our own, seems to work that way thru out recorded history.
Old March 30, 2015, 22:52   #235
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ya View Post
For sure. Myself and a couple of guys and their families will join together for mutual benefit and support, whatever that will be, when the time comes. We are trying to cover all bases, which will help when we pool resources. The tough part will be the family or friend(s) that didn't prep any and come knocking. Of course, we'll do what we can, but we are all preaching to do something for yourself so you have something to bring when you do come knocking.
There are quite a few family members and friends I have tried to engage in logical discussion that are so ignorant or politically left, will have to turn them away without so much as a sip of water. In fact, if they act as I expect, will have to give them the choice of leaving or join the row of heads on fence posts surrounding the Ponderosa. Have family members that won't use a microwave and stop everyday for fresh bread and vegetables due to the poisons in prepared foods and radiation in microwave. None have more than three days food supply, cash money or items of value to barter, guns or anything except a town home, Toyota Prius and a debit card. Some of the snide remarks these types have made will be repeated as I turn them back if make it to my porch.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2015, 23:02   #236
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
There are quite a few family members and friends I have tried to engage in logical discussion that are so ignorant or politically left, will have to turn them away without so much as a sip of water. In fact, if they act as I expect, will have to give them the choice of leaving or join the row of heads on fence posts surrounding the Ponderosa. Have family members that won't use a microwave and stop everyday for fresh bread and vegetables due to the poisons in prepared foods and radiation in microwave. None have more than three days food supply, cash money or items of value to barter, guns or anything except a town home, Toyota Prius and a debit card. Some of the snide remarks these types have made will be repeated as I turn them back if make it to my porch.
Sadly, this appears to be the normal folks, head in the sand, government will take care of them from cradle to grave, nothing bad will ever happen, the world is a wonderful place, all you loony survival people are paranoid, ok, that last part might us!

All said as I sit here trying to figure out where to stack the large package of emergency meals that arrived today.
Old March 31, 2015, 01:11   #237
racer766
Registered

FALaholic #: 3511
The real problem is that for almost everyone, "prepping" is a fad. You go through your briefs phase, then back to boxers.

Hard to convince the type 1 diabetic that storing up enough food for a month is useful when all the insulin is going to be bad before then because the fridge is off. More than a month? Forget about it.

There's enough survival gear tucked away in corners for the short term. Long term is the real issue.
racer766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2015, 01:24   #238
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer766 View Post
The real problem is that for almost everyone, "prepping" is a fad. You go through your briefs phase, then back to boxers.

Hard to convince the type 1 diabetic that storing up enough food for a month is useful when all the insulin is going to be bad before then because the fridge is off. More than a month? Forget about it.

There's enough survival gear tucked away in corners for the short term. Long term is the real issue.
Don't know about the fad thing, suspect a lot of folks are keeping heads down and mouths shut about what they are doing on local basis.

A lot of people kept alive today, with medicines, will die if or when we loose the grid, that's for sure.

Life spans of 85 years will become unheard of after a grid down situation and suspect it will go back to around 40, if you're lucky, or unlucky, not sure which 40 would be in a grid down.
Old March 31, 2015, 21:10   #239
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:

It's nice to know you are worried about those of us with the cleaver always hanging over our heads.

It's marginally arrogant to assume we haven't spent some clock-cycles working out ways to keep the stockpiled meds cold. All the insulin I have is listed good until 2017...if I can keep it cold.

I have 3 very distinct plans for doing so...only one needs power, and that is solar. All components ready to go.

Don't worry...you'll be rid of us soon enough.

"Your 8mm FAL is like a deuce coup with a Ferrari pancake 12 under the hood and a Jaguar rear end. It just kinda transcends cool into fantasy."- USMC 0341

Old April 01, 2015, 10:26   #240
C2A1
Registered

Age, it depends. In looking at data from WWII and merchant ships sunk, 40-50 year olds out survived the 20 year olds in the water. It seems to be a mind body thing. Older people mentally were able to prepare and deal with the situation. Oregon Trail folks were not youngsters. It cost a lot of money to get on the trail so most of the people were in 40+. From the EMP study, they expect 10-15% of the 15-25 year olds to check out because of the lose of their social network, especially if the parents wig out.
The issue we are dealing with now is sustainability. You've lost 90% of your population at the 18 month mark. Who and what do you need to begin to recover? Is it EMP or geomagnetic? That affects things since if EMP a lot of the world will be out there (However, a lot will be gone because of the lack of US and Canadian grain disruption). Geomagnetic, well, we are on our own, might as well be on Mars. Who can set up a telegraph system, repair a locomotive, fix things? Most of the folks you will need got lost in the cities. Once you get thru the first productive growing season (year 2), certain abilities will become extremely valuable. Will they be there?
Old April 01, 2015, 10:44   #241
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

For those on insulin, don't give up, loose hope, there is ALWAYS a way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4pNApoNtGI

http://www.doomandbloom.net/how-to-make-insulin/
Old April 01, 2015, 11:21   #242
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
For those on insulin, don't give up, loose hope, there is ALWAYS a way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4pNApoNtGI

http://www.doomandbloom.net/how-to-make-insulin/
We have been over this before.

That isn't happening.

I *did* buy some field phones today though.

Old April 01, 2015, 15:01   #243
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

That isn't happening.

Save me the research time, we have a couple here in same boat.
Old April 01, 2015, 15:57   #244
TXMoose
Registered

FALaholic #: 73164
Quote:

Good for fishing if they are the hand cranked type

Last edited by TXMoose; April 01, 2015 at 20:27.
TXMoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2015, 16:30   #245
L Haney
Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 20446
I like cracked pepper.
Old April 01, 2015, 17:33   #246
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Is cleavage a crack? Because I like that.

Although I always said I was an ass-n-legs man. There's a couple of cracks there, too.

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2015, 19:22   #247
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74022
" In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."~St. Justin Popovitch

" Slavs are fueled by booze. I thought this was common knowledge."~lew

юродивый
slavicshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2015, 21:32   #248
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
So how cold do you need to keep insulin? From November to April,around here,a stream or ditch typically isn't over about 40 degrees. Colder in dead of winter,though not froze completely.
A well around here usually puts out water [I]maybeI] 50 degrees.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2015, 23:06   #249
racer766
Registered

FALaholic #: 3511
Quote:
It's nice to know you are worried about those of us with the cleaver always hanging over our heads.

It's marginally arrogant to assume we haven't spent some clock-cycles working out ways to keep the stockpiled meds cold. All the insulin I have is listed good until 2017...if I can keep it cold.

I have 3 very distinct plans for doing so...only one needs power, and that is solar. All components ready to go.

Don't worry...you'll be rid of us soon enough.
Dude... I'm referring to my personal situation. Did NOT mean to offend.

Even without geopolitical stressors and other events, the question keeps getting asked about once a month. She asks "Why is she still here?"

Diabetic neuropathy. Every inflammatory symptom on the books. Borrelia infection. Macular degeneration. Most of the autoimmune disease related symptoms.

Some days my main worry is that she might use one of my pistols on herself.
racer766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 02, 2015, 16:20   #250
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Dude... I'm referring to my personal situation. Did NOT mean to offend.

Even without geopolitical stressors and other events, the question keeps getting asked about once a month. She asks "Why is she still here?"

Diabetic neuropathy. Every inflammatory symptom on the books. Borrelia infection. Macular degeneration. Most of the autoimmune disease related symptoms.

Some days my main worry is that she might use one of my pistols on herself.
My apologies...I admit it is something of a hot button for me.