Notices

Old October 19, 2017, 11:54   #51
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post
Yeah, it's over-priced, but damn, that Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes gooooood!!!
Pumpkin Spice Latte (Limited Time) $4.95 Grande

Pumpkin Spice Latte (Limited Time) $5.25 Venti

Any way, your over $5 out the door with sales tax. This week $5.79
Kroger Special Roast Coffee 29 Oz and have two $1.25 off coupons in my coupon envelope right now but was waiting on a "mega-sale" where price usually drops to $4.49. If do not have a mega-sale before print coupons expire thats two full size cans of coffee for $4.49 plus sales tax. If mega-sale hits then will hit them for $3.24 per can. That's about two months of coffee for me at two pots per day for cost of one cup of Starbucks.

I know people too proud or claim too busy to use coupons. They cone in the mail and get them electronically through each grocery stores phone app. This year according to Kroger my savings for 2017 are:

Quote:
Savings To Date 2017 $1214.76
Still have 2.5 months of savings to go. I shop specials then combine my print and electronic coupons. Do this at three grocery suppliers and have saved over $2,000 to date this year using coupons and the good sales really ramp up during the holidays where I will lay back two or three months groceries in bulk. Figure in not one Starbucks purchased out of my pocket, Every $100 spend at Kroger get 1 cents per gallon off fuel, $200 20 cents and based on special this weekend where had digital coupon for 4x fuel points, 50 extra fuel points if spent $50 that 200 bonus fuel points combined with the 50 plus from money actually spent and when I filled up this morning (my diesel truck) got $1 off per gallon time 27+ gallons.

Combine coupon savings and fuel points savings and have over $3,000 left in pocket over people who don't use coupons and another $2,000 from taking my own coffee in thermos out door every morning instead of buying coffee by the cup. Wife and I had to take adopted son out to eat once while back visiting and only time have gone out to eat in years. For what sister in law spends total at Starbucks and restaurants. My brother spends eating out for lunch daily and taking family out at least twice a week each and averaging the two I can build a half dozen AR 15's per year by drinking my coffee and eating at home. Have friends that their annual dining and drinks tab I could build ten decent AR's per year plus feed ammo to them all.

Then not knowing if the kitchen help has a pandemic flu, cold, regular flu and sneezed in the salad bowls or didn't wash hands after wiping @$$ introducing E Coli to the food odds of getting sick or food poisoned go down significantly so I am staying away from over priced coffee and food that has at least a 50'50 chance of being infected with a germ it won't have prepared in my kitchen.

I don't think liberals have enough sense to stockpile the really necessary items for survival which should mean when post "whatever event hits the fan" there will be plenty of supplies laying about to b picked up by whoever survives the first 90 to 120 days. My goal is to leverage my money to best prepare household for a SHTF event and reduce possible exposure to event best I can.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2017, 12:41   #52
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
We now know how Mr Huey builds his AR mad money slush fund...coupons!

Good on you, sir!
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2017, 16:00   #53
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Went grocery shopping after Saturday morning Bible study and before work today. Register rang up $153 then after, swiped discount card loaded with electronic coupons, presented manufacturer and store print coupons out the door price $92. $61 in my pocket and got double fuel points for shopping on weekend plus 200 bonus points doubled due to electronic coupon then did survey afterwards for another 50 fuel points.

That will be $1 off per gallon on next to fuel fill ups. Friday is double points as well, picked up a few items and now over $1,300 saved on food and $400 saved on fuel as bonus. Fiscal survival is as important as preps as more money means more preps. Add in money saved eating at home, brown bagging lunch and thermos of coffee likely paid for more AR's this year than most gun people will ever own just not wasting money on fuel.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old October 24, 2017, 15:23   #54
Registered

FALaholic #: 64591
I wonder if

these are included in the original post?

This reminds me of a couple years ago,,,,,

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...mmo-purchases/

U.S. Postal Service Joins DHS, Social Security Admin, NOAA in Ammo Purchases
U.S. Postal Service Joins DHS, Social Security Admin, NOAA in Ammo Purchases
by AWR HAWKINS15 Apr 2014338

The U.S. Postal Service is now the latest federal agency to announce plans to acquire “assorted small arms ammunition.”
To be fair, it has probably acquired ammunition in the past, as it contains within itself the armed United States Postal Inspection Service. But the newly posted solicitation for “assorted small arms ammunition” comes on the heels of millions upon millions of rounds of ammo purchases by other federal agencies.

Over the last two years, these ammo purchases have contributed to a consumer-side buying frenzy that drives prices through the roof and diminishes supplies.

In August 2012, Business Insider reported the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) was requesting 46,000 rounds of “mostly hollow-point” ammunition for agents operating under its auspices.

advertisement

On March 6, 2013 Breitbart News reported that a large portion of the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) “1.6 billion round stockpile” of ammunition was 9mm–a very common civilian round. At the time of our reporting, DHS was adding 20 million more rounds.

On April 8, 2013 Breirtbart News reported that the resulting demand had ammunition manufacturers working 24 hours a day to try to keep up. At the time, Hornady manufacturing said it was not the government orders but the subsequent “politically-induced buying panic” that was stretching production to its limits.

Newsmax reports that the Department of Agriculture requested 320,000 rounds, and the “FBI separately sought 100 million hollow-point rounds” along the way as well.

Now that the U.S. Postal Service is soliciting ammunition on top of this, will a “politically induced buying panic” seize the public again?
152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2017, 14:38   #55
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 152 View Post
(Trim)
Now that the U.S. Postal Service is soliciting ammunition on top of this, will a “politically induced buying panic” seize the public again?
Have been banking on a large dot go move to disrupt the ammunition market since the first Clinton term. He stated was going to all possible to disrupt NRA's power and make America safe from guns. Easiest way without any Second Amendment issues is heavy taxes, supply shortages and huge price hikes on ammunition. I can see a dime or even a dollar per round tax added per round. Also looking to see lead projectiles banned (do that through EPA, not one person on the Hill loses a vote) all together since so many non lead options though at increased cost.

Lets imagine a nickle per primer, dime per projectile and $10 per pound tax added to powder. Then the $1 per round tax on loaded ammo. Anti-gunners, ambivalent, non shooters and even many gun owners would not really balk. Many of the used guns I buy and a lot of private sellers, consignment guns and trade ins brought to LGS come with original box of ammo purchased with gun. Have purchased four SIG 1911's with original box of ammo missing from seven to twenty-five rounds fired total. Some people bought and decided 45 was too much gun for them.

Got a Colt Series 70 National Match Gold Cup recently that was a trade in for minor caliber 1911 that owner claimed that only rounds fired were the ones missing from box, total of 21. Said when new ran two magazines through it to verify both his magazines and gun worked and sights were on target. Said had shot one magazine previous week and realized needed a lighter recoiling pistol so traded for a 9mm 1911 and left with 20 rounds of Federal JHP defense loads and box of 50 inexpensive "practice loads".

How much is a $1 per round going to impact the gun owner that buys one or two boxes of ammo with gun and that is a lifetimes worth? These are often the people that during a Sandy Hook or similar event I make good bank risking selling ammo on the bet market will normalize and prices will come down. Did quite well selling rim fire, 5.56 and 7.62x39. Next panic may not be s tempted to sell as legislation following a big panic would be a good way to hurt the people that stockpile and take advantage of shortages. Had ammo and component prices not normalized after Sandy Hook I would be screwed to a degree. Didn't sell the farm but sold 1/3 of my three most poplualr cartridges had stockpiled.

Recently bought a bunch of single pound canisters of powder for $10 each and eight pound kegs for $125 out the door where a store overstocked as components came available and has not sold hardly any reloading stuff. Ran out of H322 with ~900 rounds left in a 7,800 round run of 6.8's a couple weeks ago. Was waiting on powder to ship, didn't get a tracking number quickly and needed to finish so could move to another project so bought a keg locally. Over the weekend opened a box to find two eight pound kegs of H322 to go with the fresh keg purchased locally and two kegs on order and in shipping. Not upset at all, got the keg locally for $124.99 plus sales tax. Now have another 2,500 once fired cases o the way to work into this run so will be over 10,000 rounds of 90 grain Speer TNT's for the 6.8's.

Have three kegs of TAC and three of Varget plus some singles but when ordered the H322 added two kegs of each of the others to be sure didn't run short though try to keep a decades reloading supplies in stock. Still using primers, powder and projectiles purchased pre Y2K for the idea that manufacturing and shipping might cease following the turning of the millennia because Microsoft had not anticipated year 2000 flipping out their operating systems. Was buying kegs by the case and 5,000 count primers by the case along with projectiles and three pallets of loaded ammo. The driver of the lift gate truck thought it odd to be backing up to garage door of a residence with three pallets of ammo containing 45,000 to 55,000 rounds each based on cartridge and way factory packed it.

Except for going almost three years of shooting full normal weekly routine without buying components life was good. Sandy hook put me in a bind as went from a decade of components in stock dropped to less than five years on some. If cant shoot for a decade, sell some guns and buy ammo. Its more important than firearms as people will sell guns when they can't get ammo but wont sell ammo if it can't be replaced.
Old October 26, 2017, 12:02   #56
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Concealed entries and exits, man traps, ballistic doors and walls… It’s not a James Bond movie, but a real life fortress in Atlanta that’s up for grabs for $14.7 million.
Situated on 3.5 acres just outside Atlanta, the 36,000-square-foot compound, named Rice House, was designed and built to last 1,000-year, according to the listing. It offers eight bedrooms, nine full and six half bathrooms, *three kitchens, an art museum, a private theater, a bowling alley and an infinity swimming pool.
What really sets this house apart from other extravagant mansions is its high level of security. The listing is touting it as possibly being one of the safest homes in the country.
More:*Luxury Buyers Prioritize Security in Global Purchases
All eight bedrooms are equipped with ballistic doors that can withstand fire from an AK-47 or AR-15 rifle, according to the listing. A 5,000-square-foot “bat cave” is concealed behind a waterfall and was designed as a car vault that can fit 30 vehicles. Other security details include a watchtower, a shooting range with a concealed entry and secret escape access and a 15,000-square-foot secret bunker.
https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...Pos=8#cxrecs_s
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2017, 13:24   #57
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Been in house built by same architect for a guy who's company installs security equipment for dot gov and fortune 500 companies all over the country. Scared the living hell out of me because of things seen that convinced me if anything went down cops would not be called, perp or accidentally burned contractor would just disappear. Company I subcontracted through doing batteries installed all the batteries in the place. Go through three gates, two of which have armed guards and two fences surround the place plus a third fence surrounds the subdivision, over a dozen similar houses inside same development.

Property had most elaborate security camera system ever seen. Guard dogs patrol between fence two and fence three and there are pressure sensors and instead of one guard tower like this house has, one we worked had stone turrets at each corner with overlapping fields of fire manned 24/7/365. It had houses on the property that housed the security team and their families. Did no want his help to run off to take care of their own family if world went sideways. Basement was two floors deep with complete living area on bottom level.

People think I am odd for my preps but what I have seen people with money do gets my attention. Why would people that are billionaires have basically bomb proof shelters and full time armed security with weapons up to size of Ma Deuce that are visible know? Its not just random paranoia because there are lots of places like this in Atlanta and even worked batteries in one outside of Nashville. The most secure facility I have ever been in was Coca-Cola server room. Harder to get through security and into than phone system at Lockheed Martin/Dobbins AFB.

The years of installing batteries went to some odd places, private server farms can be entertaining. One held all visitors in a ballistic glass room between front door and reception. Till they verified your credentials, searched you and removed phones, cameras, etc and only allowed tools for the job was stuck in a ballistic glass room with armed guys wearing SWAT gear staring at you. once in the room you could not retreat even if said changed mind, didn't want the job. They held you till fully vetted and then your choice whether to go ahead and do job or leave.
Old October 26, 2017, 15:49   #58
Story
Registered

Property for sale in Phoenix AZ with *issues*
Old October 26, 2017, 18:17   #59
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
I can't buy it, would just loose the keys or lock myself out, forget the combination.
Old October 26, 2017, 21:34   #60
ICOM7800
Registered

FALaholic #: 65978
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
We can dream, can't we????????
Damn I was hoping for UN fags.We could get the latest and greatest in weaponry.Dont forget the boots.
ICOM7800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2017, 09:22   #61
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Back to reality and poor people survival, wife's favorite ceral is Kashi Blueberry Fruitful. Normally $3.49 per box, last two weeks was on mega-sale at Kroger for $1.99 box. This happens once a quarter. This week it's up to $3.29 on regular sale. While on mega-sale we ordered 96 boxes to add to her stockpile as had gone down under a dozen boxes since last mega-sale having to get into emergency stash. I eat a different organic, non GMO cereal called Mom's Best Blueberry Fruitfulls. Normally $2.99 per box, this week is in mega-sale at $1.33 per box. Ordered 144 boxes yesterday. Last week their organic non GMO almond milk which stores unrefridgerated but longer if refrigerated was on sale for $1.99 and this week is back up to $3.49. We actually found a deal on a glass front refrigerator like used for retail and is a dual compressor unit so if one compressor dies, the other carries the load, otherwise they swap taking turns keeping it cool. We put 72 cartons of our organic almond milk back while on sale.

As of this week my Kroger dashboard shows almost $1,600 in savings using mega-sales, manufacturer coupons, store coupons and electonic coupons. Went and filled up the diesel this morning and held 32 gallons and fuel points from groceries saved $1 per gallon and saved same on 18 gallons in my small gas burner yesterday. $50 saved on fuel in two days, all the ceral and other items ordered this week will pick up Saturday when have double fuel points plus 200 bonus at $50 and another 200 at $70. Should walk out saving about $250 on all mega-sale items ordered in bulk Wednesday and close to 1,000 fuel points by time double my 400 bonus points and grocery total points which will knock a $1 per gallon off at least three fill ups. By end of year will be at over $3,300 combined savings on groceries and fuel by figuring out the "system".

Got notice yesterday my promotional price on cable bill ends this month. Our cable bill has been 44.98 per month for past year. Called and representative said could not put me into another promotion till contract ended and asked for supervisor. Explained to supervisor had been a loyal customer since 1983 and if not able to roll into anotjer promotional price will have to discontinue cable. Have done this every year for over a decade. Notice said bill increasing to $79.01 next month after taxes and government fees. Supervisor found me a promotion keeping same channels for $42.98 per month for a $2 per month savings over last year. So ~$4,000 per year saved on just groceries, fuel and cable. That is four AR 15 builds plus optics and a couple thousand rounds per rifle just by working the system at grocery store and cable company.

Last set of Michillen tires purchased for two trucks same week got a $50 per tire gift card from manufacturer and our tire vendor sold us the tires cheaper than could find anywhere including Discount Tire, Sam's Club and several other quotes. $400 gift card plus savings over average price built another AR 15 with optics. People assume I am wealthy or something to afford so many rifles but have same discounts from vendors on rifle parts. Now doing testing for two body armor companies on their rifle plates before send to NIJ for certification as they can't test in their facility. Always get a free set of plates after a product did their in-house development testing gets its NIJ certification. Say saves them big money, I get to do something enjoy and this year got four sets of free plates above and beyond test plates which also allows me to know what each is capable of without paying to burn one. Free rifles and free rifle plates by being frugal and learning a few tricks plus developing relationships rocks for survival preps.
Old October 31, 2017, 11:07   #62
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

If want your groceries half price, save up to $1 per gallon on fuel, get all your airline tickets free and hotel rooms at places like Hampton and Hilton free check out my most recent post in "No Topic" thread. Rather than wall of text here stuck how I do most necessities for half price of deep discount and travel for basically free over in the thread with many words.
Old November 05, 2017, 10:25   #63
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Actually discovered had run totally out of one of our most important survival supplies yesterday. Wife is deathly alergic to bee stings and a yellow jacket will have her losing ability to breath in less than three minutes if don't pop her with epi pen. Wasp and have to hit her with epi pen in under 120 seconds and have a full dose of liquid benadryl right behind it. Hornet requires epi pen in 90 seconds, dose of liquid benadryl inside of another minute then often a second epi pen as wait on ambulance about half the time. Yesterday after murdering a squirrel chewing fresh hole went to shop, sheared some 0.063 aluminum with white baked enamel finish factory applied, made my brakes so fit new niche squirrel had found working 24 feet off the ground when out of a little hole in vinyl that covers underside of eve hornets started pouring out mad.

Went to basement, reached into my case of wasp and hornet spray to discover was empty. Apparently didn't notice last time reached in was pulling last can. Went to truck and pulled can from toolbox as half signs I take down or do maintenance have a wasp nest on them somewhere. Same with servicing batteries in remote terminals along with having to work in areas of underground yellow jacket nests. I can take three to five stings and feel bad but keep working, more than five and usually get sick enough need to lay down. Can pulled out of truck shook and realized was almost empty, tested and it sent abut a five foot stream for five seconds and was done. Went to other truck and can in it had lost pressure due to age. Went back to work and only one can in case at work.

Tested can found, was full and gave a good twenty foot stream so went home and finished killing hornets and patching new hole squirrel had begun. This time of year stinging insects are overly aggressive and as pecan trees are finishing up squirrel are trying to find safe storage for nuts. It's a constant battle at work and house to keep both at bay. Especially as back property line at work is city zoned and one side is city and if bullet crosses property line into city have broken law though yesterday saw a big fat groundhog running fenceline on other side, with my fences being set in four to six inches from property line to keep neighbors from being able to lay claim to their side I zapped him with a 60 grain Aguilla Sniper Subsonic rimfire and occasionally will have a squirrel fall on city side of fence but neighbors have asked me to zap all I want due to damage to their building.

So went to Lowes, picked up four cases of wasp and hornet spray. Mew rule at home and work is when crack last last case go resupply so always have a full case amd partial. If SHTF and run out its not going to be an easy to find commodity along with shortages on epi pens plus no 911 so will have to be sure to keep wasps and hornets killed off soon as discover for wife's safety. Also realized when reloaded the shop varmint rifle had to open last brick of the Aguilla Sniper Subsonics so stopped at LGS and picked up three bricks. Archived two in rimfire cabinet and took one to work. 40 grain subsonic have 98 ft/lbs of energy and the 60 grain 147 ft/lbs. 50% more energy on your subsonic rimfire is a big deal on ground hogs and even coyote. Have put some big fat ground hogs down with one round of the Sniper Subsonic past 75 yards and sounds like a pro golfer whacked them with a number one driver when bullet hits. Can see the shockwave ripple through their fat layer through scope. Some suppressors void warranty if use the big bullets due to end strikes but I use Form 1 cans with larger diameter exit hole and rubber wipes to keep them Hollywood quiet.

When SHTF don't want to be invaded by wasps or rodents as picking rat and squirrel crap out of your Wheaties or grits just sucks and pretending it's pepper doesn't really help either. Getting stung and having a bad reaction with no medical care would be bad as well so pest and rodent control is a big deal. Noticed the fire ant granules spread every spring with fertilizer spreader had finally gone on clearance sale so picked up fire ant bait, red ant and a third have discovered if spread all three every spring and let it overlap fifteen feet or so into neighbors yards the fire ant hills always stop about ten feet outside our fence line. Had plenty of indoor bug spray to have for roaches, ants and such if our exterminator stops coming as don't need insects in our food supply also had plenty of rat poison. So if not prepared to fight insects indoors and outdoors, both stinging and food contaminating types, rodents and varmints remember most plagues begin or include with overpopulation of disease carrying mice and rats looking for food. Don't want bugs and bees around either. Not as glamorous as sniper rifles, battle rifles, ammo and surgical supplies but as important none the less.
Old November 08, 2017, 09:28   #64
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Holidays coming up and food sales running rampant. Picked this up yesterday, normally 3.29 per box, paid $1.66 thus 2.5 boxes for price of one. This is third time hit them and have to get this moved downstairs into metal lockers. Running an average of 41% to 43% savings over daily low price of late which means double down on mega-sale items.

Afraid to read what these are made of so skip ingredients list but currently 99 cents as opposed to $1.49 regular price. Luckily have two chest freezers in downstairs but learned these get stale in chest freezers and not in upstairs "frost free" freezer so put 160 units and the other 40 in chest freezer will have to eat fast but eat one or two a day. Am a freaking chow hound and consume 4,000 calories per day on average. Eat a box of cereal every day, two of these frozen pizzas plus three meals and small snacks.

More items on mega-sale past month than past six months. Put a years coffee back along with another 100 glass bottle Mexican Coca-Cola's as made with pure cane sugar and original formula instead of high fructose corn syrup as 'Merican Cokes are. Only country in the world that doesn't get pure sugar and original formula, even the dang Chinese rate real Cokes. But using holiday sales to fill our new commercial fridge and second freezer downstairs. Also added two new metal dry good storage cabinets.

If food supply ends tomorrow we are close to a year before the rice, beans and rat meat diet kicks in. Can even have a Coke per day for eight months. Washing down a froze pizza with a cold Coke will make the SHTF scenario a whole lot more tennable. The extra years coffee will be big if having to stay alert on zombie watch for long periods. After finished shopping pulled down to pumps and Kroger points discount knocked $1 gallon off 22.55 gallons of premium gasoline. Add in fuel savings and may actually crack $3,000 in food/fuel savings from one vendor in 2017. That's lots of bullet money. So it's not just the Liberals stocking up, my business is up, prices are down so riding the Trump wave of economic stimulus.
Old November 10, 2017, 23:34   #65
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Dude, for being a vegitarian you eat some shit food.
Old November 12, 2017, 16:50   #66
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
If those antifa types are feeling 'froggy' its likely because up to now they have indulged themselves only in leftist, Democrat-controlled cities. Being allowed to be as violent as they like without consequences has emboldened them and likely cultivated the erroneous notion that they really are bad ass and are able to inflict defeat on all you oppose them. I say BS! They are no more than a pimple that has been allowed to fester because it served the interest of certain people that have an agenda. I say, come on out from those city-state leftist ****holes where the Mayor tells the Police Chief to "stand down" and have your asses handed to you. They will discover who the real bad asses are!
Whydah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2017, 07:44   #67
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Dude, for being a vegitarian you eat some shit food.
Only the pizzas, all that cereal is certified organic, non GMO, no preservatives. Take a look at Kashi and Mom's Best ingredients. All we pour on cereal is organic, non GMO almond milk and would bet over 70% of our food is certified organic. Eggs picked up yesterday for baking a couple cakes were from free range, organic fed hens though free range just means a bigger cage. Bought gluten free flour product that's organic as will be baking lots of pies over Thanksgiving and Christmas with a lot of gluten sensitive people wanting pies. All my pies are made with locally grown fruit we freeze ourselves. My pies are treated like gold by anyone lucky enough to get on my list and have more locally grown organic blueberries, strawberries and peaches than need for getting through the winter.

I normally put some Kraft cheddar cheese and Morningstar Farms vegitarian soy based sausage on the pizzas and toast one for snack every day when come home to fix wife's lunch. I read label on everything I buy except the pizzas and if item has MSG, "natural flavorings" or any other non hippie vegitarian peace and love environmentaly friendly ingredient goes back on shelf. Everyone needs one vice, don't drink, smoke, eat pork, red meat, poison fish, etc but the sprinkle some cheese and vegi-sausage crumbles on a cheap frozen pizza for quick snack while feeding wife, getting her to restroom and settled wherever wants to land till get home from work is quick and easy. If cook pizza for wife it's done from scratch with home made crust and sauce but don't have time to even come home for lunch everyday but since have to what I eat has to be fast and easy plus cheap is a nice bonus.
Old November 17, 2017, 18:40   #68
Wacky D
Registered

FALaholic #: 31951
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Holidays coming up and food sales running

Afraid to read what these are made of so skip ingredients list but currently 99 cents as opposed to $1.49 regular price. Luckily have two chest freezers in downstairs but learned these get stale in chest freezers and not in upstairs "frost free" freezer so put 160 units and the other 40 in chest freezer will have to eat fast but eat one or two a day. Am a freaking chow hound and consume 4,000 calories per day on average. Eat a box of cereal every day, two of these frozen pizzas plus three meals and small snacks.
Does your doctor weight you with a livestock scale?
Wacky D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2017, 23:13   #69
AFeod
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 75606
... that Morningstar is good grub. I know first hand, wife is vegetarian/vegan. I’m working on food stores, but so far is just MREs. There’s a LDS food hub up the road in Reno. I was planning on hitting them up after the holidays. I second the almond milk, stores longer and is better for you.
Old November 18, 2017, 01:16   #70
jeffrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post

Afraid to read what these are made of so skip ingredients list ...

...Can even have a Coke per day for eight months. Washing down a froze pizza with a cold Coke will make the SHTF scenario a whole lot more tennable.

You should be afraid of the ingredients lists, sir.

Eating red meat would be far better than drinking Coca Cola.

But carry on. As you said, we all have a vice or two. We won't go in to mine.
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 04:14   #71
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Huey - do it!

https://www.zonediet.com/about-us/dr-sears/
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2017, 12:14   #72
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacky D View Post
Does your doctor weight you with a livestock scale?
During the April/May/June relapse cancer scare followed by knee surgery spent majority of four months recovering from a biopsy or orthopedic surgery. Didn't change eating habits and ballooned up from 165 to 184. Am back down to 177 but not dieting, work the weight off as diets can be dangerous if done wrong. Before the broken back and neck during cycling and rock climbing season averaged 6,000 calories per day but averaged over 1000 miles per week on bicycle plus two to three days a week rock climbing which starts and ends with a long hike carrying a pack of climbing gear. The season was riding bicycle predominately and had a 10,000 mile year was just u nder 8,000 calories per day and weighed 153 pounds.

Mountaineering a person can't eat enough caloriies. Knew one guy whose diet primarily consisted of butter and cheese in the mountains and ate 10,000 calories per day to keep his weight up as climbed full time during the season and even into winter in the Himalaya. I would always start eating a gallon of ice cream per day a month before left for annual trip to the Andes. Goal was to bulk up to at least 158 which was hard due to constant training. While in South America above 10,000 feet tried to eat 8,000 calories a day except the obligatory week of gastrointestinal bug and usually returned home in the 147 pound range though one year came home after a tough/long trip where we did week of acclimatizing, three weeks of guiding clients and then finished off with two weeks of full speed peak bagging moving fast and light.

So without dieting but cutting out a few high calorie foods have dropped seven of the pounds put on while going through prostate/liver/thyroid/etc biopsies, my regular Radio Frequency Ablations plus getting my left knee rebuilt as could not wait any longer it had gotten so bad. Have another Radio Frequency Ablation on Monday with final procedure on December 4th which will put me at 21 total procedures with four being real, in hospital surgeries and overnight stays but other 17 are outpatient with sedation but just a little zofran/propofol/fentanyl mix to knock you out while they fry the impinged nerves in spine and help with first few hours of post procedure discomfort.

Have a good oncologist again, finally found another good internist and should not get abused next year like this though the RFA's every three to four weeks will continue and fixing the right knee is finally on the schedule and once have both knees back working should not take long to get back down into the mid 160's. Actually eating often, but eating mostly quality food does not put weight on. I eat five meals per day and causes body to turn up the metabolism/furnace. It's the folks that eat two or three big meals then have a habit of sitting and drinking lots,of beer while watch sports on t.v. that swell up to needing a livestock scale. See them riding the scooters in grocery store all the time, basket full of chips, donuts, cookies and other crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
You should be afraid of the ingredients lists, sir.

Eating red meat would be far better than drinking Coca Cola.

But carry on. As you said, we all have a vice or two. We won't go in to mine.
One of my every day must haves is a 64 ounce container of Chobani Greek yogurt in strawberry flavor. That's 800 calories right there. Add in two 12 ounce Mexican Coca-Cola's at 150 calories each but it's pure cane sugar, not high fructose corn syrup they put in American Cokes. America is only country in the world that doesn't get real sugar in their Cokes using original formula sans a touch of cocaine. So there is 1,100 calories in one snack and two drinks. I normally get up twice during the night and fix something to eat, usually a bowl of organic shredded wheat with blueberries and almond milk but 4,000 calories of quality food when stay active and except this past winter when had so many procedures stay in a size 32" waist, 34" inseam Levis.

If inseam is longer than diameter of waistline a man is generally o.k. I put on ten pounds every winter normally due to shorter days and less outside labor but usually comes off by July 4th and back to normal weight. Have two sets of work and dress cloths. Summer clothes are mix of 31" and 32" waist pants according to brand and cut, winter pants are a mix of 33" and 34" waist based on cut plus I wear insulated underwear all winter as work outside as much as inside. Lately am wearing a mix of the 32" and 33" pants as came out of this summer a little heavier than normal due to all the medical and took so much cortisone it helped me bulge a little. This time next year will be back in low to mid 160's but no hurry to get there as fast weight loss leads to fast weight gain.
Old November 24, 2017, 17:45   #73
Story
Registered

Eugene K Chow never mentions a firearm
http://theweek.com/articles/730098/h...lypse-big-city
Old November 24, 2017, 20:49   #74
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Sad, so sad!

I liked his opinion that a dirty bomb going off would not mean getting out of dodge, as in, not too bad.
Old November 24, 2017, 21:29   #75
OLDMANPBK
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 69978
Quote:

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"
-Patrick Henry-

Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
OLDMANPBK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 07:54   #76
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Most potato chips burn well too. Had a fire investigator tell me was best accelerant to burn a structure as left no hard evidence like gasoline or such being used to determine arson. Fire fighters are often exteme fire bugs. Hire a lot of part time fire fighters and they are always playing with matches and flammibles.