Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old November 24, 2017, 09:08   #1
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Holiday Discussions

So yesterday went to two Thanksgiving events. First was predominately older guys that owned businesses and younger generation entering or in first decade of work force. Most of us that were employees had same issue, inability to hire manual laborers. At any pay scale millenials, X Gen, Y Gen will not do manual labor unless hire ex convicts or hispanics. Ex cons can be good but soon as find a better job will leave or screw up and go back to jail. Immigrants about 50% have their I-9 rejected by the Feds so the month of training spent on them is down the tubes. Every one of our nieces, nephews, kids, younger cousins said would rather not work than do what their fathers and uncles do to make a living.

Second gathering had large number of long retired, recently retired and high ranking military flyers near end of carrier from Air Force, Marines, Navy and Army. One was recently back from a tour in Africa. Told us horror stories about how bad it is there and how much Muslim and tribal warfare is actually going on. Said in two weeks on the ground inspecting security of ground assets in Nigeria said off military bases there was not a single second of the day or any direction you could look without seeing rotting bodies hacked up with machetes. Said they use as few bullets as possible and then hack up the wounded, weak and slow with their machetes. He was touring U.S. and other nations base security for the fence lines and aircraft security.

Another was telling about all the rubber plantations in Vietnam and how deeply the French are back rooted there. Michelin needs rubber from Asia and Africa and whatever it takes to get it. Apparently rubber and rice were large part of reason for trying to keep South Vietnam. One older guy said during the Vietnam War would swoop in for a dust off in only area could land and see huge building with Michelin sign on front. Said was totally odd and apparently still that way.

Another Marine aviator in his last year was discussing the training accident in sea of Japan after I mentioned current statistics say we have four training accident deaths for every combat death at present and asked if they were possibly moving numbers from one column to another so combat casualties wouldnt look so grim. The Marine said that was not uncommon under Nobama but Trump seems to be letting them tell the truth. He said issue is planes like one in Sea of Japan accident was 35 years old and they were still flying WWII airframe with a gazillion upgrades and patches/repairs. Air Force guy was talking about right now one of our critical fighter platforms are over 50% grounded due to software issues. Basically, we need some new damn airplanes, not just a few high tech fighter jets but cargo carriers and such.

Can't wait till another family event on 17th as it will be mostly Navy officers and aviators. From retired to consultants with Lockheed Martin and other aircraft manufacturers and one who is the current CAG on a carrier and a couple others who are flight wing leaders or fly refueling birds and more. Nephew is supposed to be home from Afganistan and is an army Captain flying Blackhawks. By New Years should have talked to huge number of relatives in active or recently retired status or now private consultants. Me being a 4F made me one of few that didn't do service, just my two years of ROTC and my walking papers. Most of my family, especially over 40 are military or business owners so the holidays are always an enlightening time. Thus far after first day, one thing seems common is they all like the new Commander In Chief as he is trying to back them and get them new equipment.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2017, 10:23   #2
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
right now our military is suffering under a huge load of political bullshit,

just a tiny bit of open eyes looking tells us this is a fact

senate and house are too busy doing stupid shit and listening to the wrong people

I would love to see Trump pull 500 random service men and women from all branches to have a week long sit down to get honest real info from those going to do battle for us, no senators, no congress men/women sticking their nose in and preventing the truth, no K-street mafia types, no rank above Lt. to prevent politics from getting a death grip on the honest truth from those that get screwed by the politics that have been controlling the military for at least the last 10 years

make it that no one offering the truth can be id'ed for reprisals ....... that would scare the shit out of every politician and K-street mafia type knowing they have been side-stepped
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2017, 06:39   #3
Registered

FALaholic #: 66611
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post

senate and house are too busy doing stupid shit and listening to the wrong people

I would love to see Trump pull 500 random service men and women from all branches to have a week long sit down to get honest real info from those going to do battle for us, no senators, no congress men/women sticking their nose in and preventing the truth, no K-street mafia types, no rank above Lt. to prevent politics from getting a death grip on the honest truth from those that get screwed by the politics that have been controlling the military for at least the last 10 years

make it that no one offering the truth can be id'ed for reprisals ....... that would scare the shit out of every politician and K-street mafia type knowing they have been side-stepped
I like that idea. You should forward that on to the Donald via twitter. I think he might just go for it.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2017, 17:52   #4
Exit308
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post

Good idea, but keep it to non commissioned military only.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 25, 2017, 19:48   #5
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
Good idea, but keep it to non commissioned military only.
Why ?
Old November 25, 2017, 20:10   #6
Herr Walther
Registered

FALaholic #: 11681
Less politicking and more "look, this is what's going on in my squadron..."
Old November 25, 2017, 23:43   #7
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Which WWII airframes are they still using?
The key to getting millenials to work is to stop feeding them. For whatever reason,somebody still feeds these do-nothing worthless oxygen thieves.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2017, 11:45   #8
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Which WWII airframes are they still using?
The key to getting millenials to work is to stop feeding them. For whatever reason,somebody still feeds these do-nothing worthless oxygen thieves.
Actually was a tad off, oldest airframe still in U.S. inventory is 1949 U-6A Beaver. Adopted in 1952, the B52 Stratofortress is still an important part oF our fleet aND original airframes are out there with lots of rebuilds. Funny thing is Pentagon says the B52 is not due to be replaced till after 2040 which will put it at 90 years old and still flying, my guses is a few will fly till 100 years old, if works, why not keep them around. Some of our allies still have airframes going back to 1947 and Mexico still uses the Boeing PT-17 released in 1934 for training now but carry on inventory as an active combat airplane. But yes, some WW2 aircraft still in active service but not U.S. service, North Korea is one with the AN-2 to go with Mexico. Thanx for forcing me to confirm my facts.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote