The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

Old October 26, 2017, 15:24   #101
gw104
Registered

FALaholic #: 33874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword of Justice View Post
You are just a Bloke.Did you mean Joke? go makes money by fixing this stuff ,so why would he says it's ok?Like in the old days at the full service gas station, they'd check your oil for free and nick your fan belt for the return business.So you just like to build guns for yourself and other people, but whine when your 40 year old pos parts kit doesn't fit on the one new part you have to buy.And then some Branch Davidson Bastard rises out of the dessert Sand and says it's Dave's fault. And you fal on your face crying out I Am saved the gp can fix all this shit. You Pussy Patriots are all EVIL.Who the F would make your crappy L 1A1 inch ******* receivers for you , who would go to ring europ to buy 60 year old technology ,bring it back and try to make it work, who'd buy all the Argy crap sort clean it and do the deal so that thr imbicle uppers and lowers were not destroyed and you could get your greasy little hands on them. DSADID. So rather than worship at the feet of a greedy narcissistic sociopath who only wants to monopolize the shrinking FAL market by driving out the next guys in line and then go in and buy up the scraps so he can fix them and sell them to his sycophants you should thank DSA for saving this crappy huge ass pos rifle that no one wanted anymore . But you won't so do us all a favor and crawl back into your creepy little hidiholes . Oh as to full of myself, well it's easy when I am right. As for mr spell check .go beat up on some school kids you pin dick bully.if youre wrong the criticize spelling stratagem is pedantic and boring. And mr conspiracy theory go watch the X Files and pretend your Moulder and not fing Scully.Maybe I was put here by God to point out your Evilness. I don't need 2 identities 1 is enough to speak the truth. Now all of you start being nice or I will continue with calling out your crap.Ps there are a lot of people that have purchased DSA FALs and they like them cause they work,They are fun and they are different,they also out number your cobbled together group,and they have supported my position and my public castigation of your ill mannered participation on this forum. oh one more thing to gp :The word "integrity" should not come off your tongue unless preceded by the words "I can't get me no" but never followed by "but I try"You are in this for the money and any denial or distraction is just plain old deceit . Oh where was the old pedofile,I expected to see his hopping hillbilly all over this.pss to I give up you win cause you are an idiot Well winning is winning and at least I did not loose to an idiot.i overwhelmed a guilty moron. I could go on and on but I am going to put a new scope on a new rifle which is what this forum is supposed to be about.Im giving you a chance here ,you could ask what kind of scope whatever kind of rifle ,why did you buy it do you think it will be fun when are you going to shoot it,where are you gonna shoot it etc that's what belongs on a gun forum. Instead there will be an interrogation as what kind of receiver is it why won't you tell me is it a kryptonite dsa receiver , only I can fix those cause they purposely sell defective parts so I can systematically schedule all the defects and make a you tube video stuffing 24 magazines into 14 rifles saying FAil over and over again so that any one watching thinks it's caught in a feedback loop and it is some sort of PeterSellers impersonation or an inside joke for theFAL community or that the rifle is called a FAIL.Or is it stamped or milled or cast, cause what ever it is we think it sucks and DSA made it.But every time someone other than you dillweeds sends their gun in to be fixed they report ,oh surprise they fixed it.So maybe the reason they did not fix yours was you never had one in the first place,you never sent it in, you were a complete ass to them when you sent in, or omg they made a mistake,and of course since gp doesn't make mistakes DSA is a pos.This is what happens when you can only read rage threads on a forum for a month.
Well, I thought about making a comment to this but, I realized, it's not really much fun having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
gw104 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2017, 17:31   #102
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugrunner View Post
I wonder who he is referring too .. ?? ..

I'll just go "revel" somewhere else .. .. while I revel in my own misery that DSA sent in the mail ..

I don't do children but your wife .. maybe .. ?? .. pics .. ??

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2017, 19:38   #103
idsubgun
"Comfortably Numb"
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3100
What happened to Sword of Justice? He came to play and then fell silent.

I guess the alcohol must have worn off!
idsubgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2017, 22:12   #104
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by idsubgun View Post
What happened to Sword of Justice? He came to play and then fell silent.

I guess the alcohol must have worn off!
His mama locked him out of the basement????
Old October 26, 2017, 23:01   #105
Sword of Justice
Registered

FALaholic #: 80130
REVENGE IS MINE

The only palpable irony here is that your name " gun plumber" actually describes you and your skilland your product.And yet people still buy from you.Well I guess everyone needs to shit.As for Jumping Jugs,well I had a dog that could lick his own dick too. And as for yellow hands,try washing after you take shit and do the prison wipe.Is that where the plumber thing comes in.Oh and at least I have a wife who hasn't divorced me and left me living in a remotely located yurt, a trailer park or my mothers basement.And again I wish to point out your pecuniary interest ,"Dave howled, he offered me double,and I told him to pound sand."That was because you didn't want to make money?That smell. That's the shit you are so full of.So all of you Plumbers Pussys can go jerk off in a corner and pretend you are not a bunch of losers led by a Systematic Spasmatic SEPTIC Sucking Malcontent trying to corner the FAL market so he can be worshipped in his tiny little world. Was my spelling better this time ,you jagoffs?ps did any of you ever buy anything from DSA? Did you like it? Did you say so? Or do you just get off on telling people the stuff is bad so that they won't buy what you can't buy.Or that they will buy from you instead?Yes I drink.But unlike you I take it out of the bag first. Oh and the guy who went to jail,the one you tried to help, but then stabbed in the back,how does he feel about you? Just stop ,you make it too easy to disparage you morons ,and the best you can come up with is calling me a drunk woman transsexual wog.Did you shoot yourselves in the head with your defective homemade FALs?That would explain a lot.Did the Plumber make them from the PArts Kits? Did he use the oversized receiver screw? Ha ha ha ha If I didn't have a life I could do this forever. So pretend You're caught in that endless Peter Sellers loop shouting Fail Fail Fail Fail every time you you think of me and what I think of you!
Sword of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2017, 23:05   #106
tdb59
not really a gun guy
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177

Matthew 5:16
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2017, 00:15   #107
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
The only palpable irony here is that your name " gun plumber" actually describes you and your skilland your product.And yet people still buy from you.Well I guess everyone needs to shit.As for Jumping Jugs,well I had a dog that could lick his own dick too. And as for yellow hands,try washing after you take shit and do the prison wipe.Is that where the plumber thing comes in.Oh and at least I have a wife who hasn't divorced me and left me living in a remotely located yurt, a trailer park or my mothers basement.And again I wish to point out your pecuniary interest ,"Dave howled, he offered me double,and I told him to pound sand."That was because you didn't want to make money?That smell. That's the shit you are so full of.So all of you Plumbers Pussys can go jerk off in a corner and pretend you are not a bunch of losers led by a Systematic Spasmatic SEPTIC Sucking Malcontent trying to corner the FAL market so he can be worshipped in his tiny little world. Was my spelling better this time ,you jagoffs?ps did any of you ever buy anything from DSA? Did you like it? Did you say so? Or do you just get off on telling people the stuff is bad so that they won't buy what you can't buy.Or that they will buy from you instead?Yes I drink.But unlike you I take it out of the bag first. Oh and the guy who went to jail,the one you tried to help, but then stabbed in the back,how does he feel about you? Just stop ,you make it too easy to disparage you morons ,and the best you can come up with is calling me a drunk woman transsexual wog.Did you shoot yourselves in the head with your defective homemade FALs?That would explain a lot.Did the Plumber make them from the PArts Kits? Did he use the oversized receiver screw? Ha ha ha ha If I didn't have a life I could do this forever. So pretend You're caught in that endless Peter Sellers loop shouting Fail Fail Fail Fail every time you you think of me and what I think of you!
Yes...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2017, 00:43   #108
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Rusty bent blade has returned!

Damn lock on his mama's basement door broke again, shit!
Old October 27, 2017, 07:28   #109
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
You got to admit the Peter Sellers reference "FAIL, FAIL, FAIL is pretty funny. If you have watched the video.....
mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2017, 08:36   #110
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
And the babbling loser returns (sigh) . . .

But it bumps my meticulously documented critical review of DSA receivers back to the top for all to see. It enhances my reputation for awesome. And it helps others with their buying decisions - including those responsible for lucrative foreign contracts.

And offers not one word, disputing the technical accuracy of my observations. Which to the discerning reader, is affirmation. Which is why I encourage it. It just drives more and more people to visit https://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/.
Old October 27, 2017, 18:18   #111
idsubgun
"Comfortably Numb"
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
And the babbling loser returns (sigh) . . .

But it bumps my meticulously documented critical review of DSA receivers back to the top for all to see. It enhances my reputation for awesome. And it helps others with their buying decisions - including those responsible for lucrative foreign contracts.

And offers not one word, disputing the technical accuracy of my observations. Which to the discerning reader, is affirmation. Which is why I encourage it. It just drives more and more people to visit https://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/.
Awesome post, Mr. Awesome!!! LOL!!
Old November 09, 2017, 15:05   #112
Chester Nimitz
Registered

FALaholic #: 28033
Even DSA Recognized the quality of their OLDER LMT RECEIVERS !!!!

DSA made it a key selling point in two current auctions on Gunbroker. Old store models selling for over $1700. DSA, the Seller, point out they are built on LMT Receivers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/712844124

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/714224539

I wonder how DSA pissed off LMT to stop making DSA Receivers?

Lest we not forget how the late great Pat Jones (RIP SLR 5000) had his autocad L1A1 Barrel files ripped off by DSA when he submitted them to DSA for a bid request for DSA to manufacture. And how DSA screwed themselves for not catching an error in those autocad files, which Pat Jones purposely built in to the file to prevent being ripped off, which he was. Believe me I am sympathetic to someone having their creative energy stolen by scumbags. I know what it is like to invest time in something that someone gleefully swipes and peddles as their own creation. I am glad DSA has attention span disorder and can not read read blue prints, thus the reason why DSA messed up the tooling set up. I hope the shoddy DSA barrels ended up in enemy hands.

When I first got to know Pat Jones, you would think that he was a bonafide DSA representative. Pat Jones was a player and DSA was a big part of his offerings. At that time I was just starting out building an L1A1 when I first learned of DSA Receivers through Pat Jones' advertisements. Pat Jones purchased scores of DSA Receivers which he resold or built on his rifles, and he advertised them for sale here on the FAL Files. He really wanted DSA to make barrels for him so he could offer more rifles. That was a part of Pat Jones' plan, an attempt to grow and make a sustainable living for his family in Idaho.

Pat Jones had a plan. But DSA could not deal honorably, like Pat Jones really needed more strain on his business during a real bad economic downturn. Ultimately it was a bad economy that forced his wife to take a job in another state to keep the household financially solvent. We all know how that arrangement ended. Yes, DSA, screw you and thank you for nothing. (So Mr. Lake Barrington, why don't you do us all a favor and wash your dirty mouth out with a pistol).

Also, I laugh at the flunkies of the last years of Entreprise (not ENTERPRISE), who could not fill out an order placed on their website. Charging me for an item later to be disputed and refunded, told they were out of stock, etc, etc, etc. And it took the efforts of Gunplumber to sort through their mess to prove those jerk-offs wrong, that indeed they were in stock of the item I really wanted to purchase from their website. The fact is the Entreprise flunkies could not even manage a hot dog stand. Eight years later, I finally got what I wanted out of that Californian den of stupidity.

Yes, thank you Gunplumber, I finally got even with those clowns at Entreprise.

Last edited by Chester Nimitz; November 09, 2017 at 15:06. Reason: DSA SUCKS !!! GOOD RIDDANCE ENTREPRISE !!!
Chester Nimitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2017, 15:28   #113
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Nimitz View Post
Lest we not forget how the late great Pat Jones (RIP SLR 5000) had his autocad L1A1 Barrel files ripped off by DSA when he submitted them to DSA for a bid request for DSA to manufacture.
Another member has presented a detailed comparative analysis of the DSA barrel and Pat's barrel. I believe the evidence he presented is compelling, and gives serious doubt to Pat's claim of DSA ripping him off. Pat may have believed DSA "stole" his prints, but the subtle differences in the details suggest his belief to be in error.

Heck, I have the British barrel prints and would happily give them to anyone who will redo them (preferably in Solidworks) and give me a clean copy.
Old November 09, 2017, 18:09   #114
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74022
Little Poopy Pants will verify the accuracy of Gunplumber's blueprint, if 500 FalFiles members pay for her professional review. Cost: $1.50 for each member.

Remit $funds to:
LPP Blueprint Verification and Grandpa's Grand Power Pistol Fund
Hannibal, Mo. 63401
" In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."~St. Justin Popovitch
" Slavs are fueled by booze. I thought this was common knowledge."~lew

Last edited by slavicshooter; November 10, 2017 at 10:51.
slavicshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2017, 20:56   #115
Chester Nimitz
Registered

FALaholic #: 28033
I don't think it was simply a set of blueprints that were copied - I believe Pat's autocad prints were a software creation based on Lithgow's Original prints. What was ripped off was Pat Jone's effort to translate the Lithgow prints into a software that the mill could be automated with.
Chester Nimitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2017, 11:40   #116
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
(So Mr. Lake Barrington, why don't you do us all a favor and wash your dirty mouth out with a pistol).
That made me giggle.
Old November 15, 2017, 20:12   #117
Tikiman001
Registered

FALaholic #: 72392
Quote:
Another member has presented a detailed comparative analysis of the DSA barrel and Pat's barrel. I believe the evidence he presented is compelling, and gives serious doubt to Pat's claim of DSA ripping him off. Pat may have believed DSA "stole" his prints, but the subtle differences in the details suggest his belief to be in error.

Heck, I have the British barrel prints and would happily give them to anyone who will redo them (preferably in Solidworks) and give me a clean copy.
Mark, I don't have time right now to work on it, but maybe around February or March I could make prints up in SolidWorks.

I'm also glad to see that DSA has joined the likes of Hesse and Century for employing drunk and retarded chimpanzees. Never give a Chimp a gun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU
Tikiman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2017, 20:37   #118
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
Any experience with this DSA Type-1 Contract Over-run?

I noticed Mark gave a a passing grade to the DSA Type-1 in his review but this particular unit was not explicitly discussed.

Need some feedback before I look into it further.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-16839-dsa-s...andle-cut.aspx

Anyone?

Thanks.
Old November 19, 2017, 22:19   #119
308/223shooter
FALAholic enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
In DSA speak, does "contract over run" translate to "buyer rejects as out of spec." ?
Old November 19, 2017, 23:14   #120
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
I've already asked myself this question and am looking for an answer, hence my post.

Thanks for looking, though . . .
Old November 20, 2017, 08:10   #121
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
In DSA speak, does "contract over run" translate to "buyer rejects as out of spec." ?
I would not be surprised.

And yeah, mucho problemos with last F type II. Will post eventually.
Old November 21, 2017, 13:49   #122
littlehoot
Registered

FALaholic #: 11432
So, apart from all the other stuff.in the thread, what's the best metric pattern (and by best, I mean actual home builder buildable) receiver out there?

Current production, that is

Last edited by littlehoot; November 21, 2017 at 14:09.
littlehoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2017, 14:18   #123
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
Current production limits you to DSA and Coonan. Best available is another matter completely. If it were my money and visual authenticity is below functionality, I'd go IMBEL Type 3 from the MP or GB; seconded by a DSA DS*** prefix forged receiver.

If it has to be new, then either DSA or Coonan either may have problems with QC, or not.
Old November 22, 2017, 02:44   #124
2keylows
Registered

FALaholic #: 78087
Please do GP.
I think you may be referring to my build...

Much appreciated again in correcting a rather unique build situation.
2keylows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2017, 22:04   #125
rubicon923
Registered

FALaholic #: 23402
Quote:
...Ha ha ha ha If I didn't have a life I could do this forever...
Sword of Justice,

Just wanted to say that I agree 100% with all of the excellent points you have been making. It's about time someone put these morons in their place. For instance, they waste space by putting blank lines between groups of sentences and call them "paragraphs". How stupid is that? Your style of writing is much more efficient.

Now that you see that I am solidly in your corner, I thought that perhaps I could ask you a couple of personal questions, if you don't mind.

Your user name "Sword of Justice" suggests that your mission in life is to right the many wrongs that only someone of your intelligence is aware of. Are you perhaps receiving radio wave instructions from friendly aliens or do you hear voices that ordinary people cannot hear?

I would be interested in seeing a recent photo of yourself. Could you possibly imbed one in your next post?

Have your enemies (like the other posters in this thread) succeeded in having you unfairly committed to a mental institution (because they are jealous of your gifts)?

Keep strong. You will prevail!
rubicon923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2017, 22:42   #126
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon923 View Post
Sword of Justice,

Just wanted to say that I agree 100% with all of the excellent points you have been making. It's about time someone put these morons in their place. For instance, they waste space by putting blank lines between groups of sentences and call them "paragraphs". How stupid is that? Your style of writing is much more efficient.

Now that you see that I am solidly in your corner, I thought that perhaps I could ask you a couple of personal questions, if you don't mind.

Your user name "Sword of Justice" suggests that your mission in life is to right the many wrongs that only someone of your intelligence is aware of. Are you perhaps receiving radio wave instructions from friendly aliens or do you hear voices that ordinary people cannot hear?

I would be interested in seeing a recent photo of yourself. Could you possibly imbed one in your next post?

Have your enemies (like the other posters in this thread) succeeded in having you unfairly committed to a mental institution (because they are jealous of your gifts)?

Keep strong. You will prevail!
The last time he logged in was 26 October, suspect he's back in his mama's basement, or DSA fired him.
Old November 25, 2017, 23:21   #127
idsubgun
"Comfortably Numb"
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
The last time he logged in was 26 October, suspect he's back in his mama's basement, or DSA fired him.
Or finally enrolled in Alcoholics Anonymous!
Old November 26, 2017, 03:13   #128
JonnyP
The Brit Hack
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 71631
This is all so moronic. I don't understand how DSA, Entreprise and a bunch of others have gotten away with it for so long. The only experience that even comes close is marine outboard motor dealers - don't even get me going on that topic.

It's dead simple - DSA outsourced to LMT and produced in-spec, apparently reliable receivers. Ditto Entreprise with ABNI. Both types of receiver now command a premium that must translate into a handsome net profit if you were manufacturing them now.

So instead of fcuking around playing bait and switch, destroying what limited reputation you have left, outsource to a shop that can replicate the results. Fcuk, if nothing else, even if it's a push profit wise, capitalize on the throughput of related parts and accessories.

Maybe I'm in a fortunate position, but if a vendor could make either Aussie, Brit or SA receivers with 100% reliability that built/timed first time, every time, I'd be willing to pay $600-650 a pop all day long...

It's not that hard. When you fcuk your customers over in a niche market, word spreads and your new customer acquisition costs go through the roof. The exact opposite is also true. There's no big mystery or conspiracy here. If GP was bulshitting, this would be the first group of people that would call him out. It's retarded. If you speak for DSA or are affiliated... go home, you're drunk.
Across that angry or that glimmering sea
JonnyP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2017, 11:38   #129
adamweinerog
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 4362
I'm sure it's been said before and beaten to death, but man, what would it take to get a decent damn receiver produced these days?? I've been busy working so I haven't been keeping up on some of these threads, but I just read through this one and admittedly I "skimmed" our new friend Sword of Justice's incoherent and obviously challenged writing. Good lawd you get busy doing other things and come back for a light morning read, ha! The Sword of Justice must be related to Blind Lady justice from the looks of his grammar!

Now in all seriousness; Mark, he was right about you ripping people off though, and it's time I told my story. I shelled out good money for Mark's VHS Fal gunsmithing tape with my buddy back in the day. Mark, you selfishly then chatted with me on the phone a few times when I had newbie questions, sold me a few parts that you had the audacity to accurately describe the condition of, but then it became obvious what was really occurring! The unforgivable and obvious sin that The MIGHTY Sword of Justice has pointed out, is that you are a sociopath that has gotten into this business purely for the money. You've posted thread after thread selfishly helping people build and troubleshoot their home builds. Not to mention the just plain egregious manner in which you've reaped in tons of cash by using these sly tactics of appearing to "help" the members here just to raid our pockets later! I am victim to Mark's selfish tactics folks, and it's time I came forward! Mark has HOSED me for not only the cost of his VHS tape, well half of the cost, which subsequently gestated in the building of nine rifles between several friends, and his selfish contributions on this forum has cost me and several others a lot of money in building these rifles. I'm in the hole financially because of Mark! I've personally bought several TENS of dollars in parts from him, and he's mercilessly taken my money!!! All the while he posts pics of himself throwing money around and making it rain at strip clubs and posting pics of his latest sports car of the month. It's time that we come forward about Mark's abuse here on the files.
#METOO

Last edited by adamweinerog; November 27, 2017 at 11:40. Reason: Gramma!
adamweinerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2017, 16:28   #130
DSA_REP
Registered

FALaholic #: 80089
Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Quote:
DSA made it a key selling point in two current auctions on Gunbroker. Old store models selling for over $1700. DSA, the Seller, point out they are built on LMT Receivers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/712844124

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/714224539

I wonder how DSA pissed off LMT to stop making DSA Receivers?

Lest we not forget how the late great Pat Jones (RIP SLR 5000) had his autocad L1A1 Barrel files ripped off by DSA when he submitted them to DSA for a bid request for DSA to manufacture. And how DSA screwed themselves for not catching an error in those autocad files, which Pat Jones purposely built in to the file to prevent being ripped off, which he was. Believe me I am sympathetic to someone having their creative energy stolen by scumbags. I know what it is like to invest time in something that someone gleefully swipes and peddles as their own creation. I am glad DSA has attention span disorder and can not read read blue prints, thus the reason why DSA messed up the tooling set up. I hope the shoddy DSA barrels ended up in enemy hands.

When I first got to know Pat Jones, you would think that he was a bonafide DSA representative. Pat Jones was a player and DSA was a big part of his offerings. At that time I was just starting out building an L1A1 when I first learned of DSA Receivers through Pat Jones' advertisements. Pat Jones purchased scores of DSA Receivers which he resold or built on his rifles, and he advertised them for sale here on the FAL Files. He really wanted DSA to make barrels for him so he could offer more rifles. That was a part of Pat Jones' plan, an attempt to grow and make a sustainable living for his family in Idaho.

Pat Jones had a plan. But DSA could not deal honorably, like Pat Jones really needed more strain on his business during a real bad economic downturn. Ultimately it was a bad economy that forced his wife to take a job in another state to keep the household financially solvent. We all know how that arrangement ended. Yes, DSA, screw you and thank you for nothing. (So Mr. Lake Barrington, why don't you do us all a favor and wash your dirty mouth out with a pistol).

Also, I laugh at the flunkies of the last years of Entreprise (not ENTERPRISE), who could not fill out an order placed on their website. Charging me for an item later to be disputed and refunded, told they were out of stock, etc, etc, etc. And it took the efforts of Gunplumber to sort through their mess to prove those jerk-offs wrong, that indeed they were in stock of the item I really wanted to purchase from their website. The fact is the Entreprise flunkies could not even manage a hot dog stand. Eight years later, I finally got what I wanted out of that Californian den of stupidity.

Yes, thank you Gunplumber, I finally got even with those clowns at Entreprise.
To Mr. Nimitz,
What you are stating is the furthest from reality you can get on our relationship with Pat Jones along with the Quip about LMT, and is completely unnecessary and a slanderous statement.

1. (We had) our good friends at LMT stop running our uppers DSA SA58/FAL upper receivers; they were always DS Arms upper receivers, not LMTs. We did this because they were focusing on developing their own products & contract fulfillment and as such contract manufacturing was taking a back seat to these obligations. Because of this we elected to bring the manufacture of the upper receiver in house where we would be able to control the production and inventory needs. Their business dynamics changed as did ours and our friend Karl with his team did wonderful work for us in helping us to develop and engineer many of our products at the beginning. But as times changed they needed their capacity for their own products and government work which they were focused on, not our products. We needed people focused solely on our product lines.

It took us years to tweak those products especially the uppers with LMT. We still have a box of reject LMT receivers and returned many out of spec to them for credit. They destroyed hundreds over the years because these receivers did not match print or had some other flaw. The point is they were rejected by us, not LMT. Do you really think that Dave and all of the crew here at DSA never instructed LMT on what we wanted for our finished products as a customer, or who provided the specifications and the original Steyr & FN prints? Do you think the LMT employee’s just somehow knew what they were supposed to be doing with FAL receivers or rather that the U.S. experts on the FAL told them what we wanted and how they should be?

All the first receivers were hand worked by DSA until LMT was able to incorporate some machine corrections and hand deburring procedures. Then LMT tried to keep the same employee’s on our jobs so they would be familiar with what we told them to do to have an acceptable product. Any receivers we have made in house from forgings are no different than what LMT used to deliver us. Our forged or cast with every surface milled are not different in any functional way or appearance. QC issues come up with every company and every product from time to time; we have many photos of our own units that didn’t pass QC that are in the scrap barrels. You act upon it and correct it like we do and LMT did and we are sure still does with their own products. Many boxes full of uppers went back to LMT for rework or destruction which is another reason they were not too keen on continuing to run them. It’s a difficult part to make whether you start with Bar, a forging or casting. We mill our entire casting unlike the many “as cast” substandard models that have been on the market. And we have no bolt carrier stop on the front left due to never seeing one on any original print or rifle, why put that in if it wasn’t on the print, yet you deem this acceptable from other manufacturers?

Also, if people are that wrapped up in forged or cast, go ahead and pay more for a forged one. If anyone ever wears one out from live fire use we will happily give them a new one at N/C. We admire LMT and their products but guess what, they are human as well and made mistakes and sometimes produced stuff that ended up in the scrap pile. Just like Blake Stevens told us years ago, FN Herstal had large piles of scrap FAL uppers and we are sure other parts. Dave has been to FN Herstal as well as Imbel, DGFM Argentina and Steyr many times when it existed prior to the selloff, have you? This is the life of any manufacturer. We have nothing but good to say about our time with LMT and all they helped us with. Your statement has no merit whatsoever in truth.

2. Mr. Pat Jones. Pat was a great customer and enthusiast we were happy to work with. Right up to the Saturday night Dave and friends had beers with him at one of the local Louisville bars. This was the Saturday night at Knob Creek just before he departed and did what he did for reasons only known to him. At no time did Dave or anyone at the company take anything from Pat he didn’t willingly provide to us. Actually another company gave us the L1A1 barrel blueprint we used for our production run. This was given to us at the time due to a number of kits available on the market that did not include barrels to complete them; this was also the reason why we did our last run of Australian pattern upper receivers. If they got it from Pat then they did, Pat never said a word of anger to us on this subject only that he wanted us to make barrels and other items for him. All of our interactions and conversations with Pat were positive and forward looking. He was regularly purchasing receivers, PARA components and any number of other items. We worked with him and discussed expanding him representing our products and gave each other special considerations. Our last conversations with Pat were nothing but positive and friendly whether it was at our tables at the show, his, the phone or bar. If he had any issues with Dave or anyone at the company I doubt he would have hesitated to say it to our faces, especially while out drinking and having a good time together. What a person says behind our backs who knows, all we know is what he said and did to our faces. What you are putting out there is very far from the truth of our relationship with Mr. Jones, it was quite the opposite. He was a great representative of the FAL and L1A1 rifle in the U.S. and a great person to have gotten to work with. He is sorely missed and May God Rest His Soul.

Thanks, DSA_REP
DSA_REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2017, 18:26   #131
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

opcorn:
Old December 05, 2017, 18:34   #132
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
opcorn:
I'd actually prefer if my documentation thread on defects by serial number of DSA receivers does not deteriorate into a Pat Jones thread.

As I stated earlier, I have studied the careful documentation of the Pat Jones vs DSA L1A1 barrels provided by another member. I have three of Pat's barrels in front of me now, and 40 more coming eventually. I agree with DSA_REP. I do not believe Pat's claim that DSA "ripped off his prints/programming" to be of merit. That he may honestly have believed it, does not make it true, and the fine details strongly suggest he made his accusation in error.
Old December 05, 2017, 19:04   #133
Bonac9
Registered

FALaholic #: 77178
I didn't intend to get involved in this thread, other than to read it, but there are a number of things that bother me about the post from DSA_REP. I can't comment on the quality of the DSA upper receivers, past or present, as I don't have any. I certainly haven't ruled out ever getting one, but I am fairly new to the FAL, and haven't used one yet.

What has me wondering about the post, is you claim status as a DSA Rep, but you state, "Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin." You also use we frequently when writing of earlier days at DSA, and indicate that you are quite familiar with its operations and administration.

So my questions are:

1. Why an active FAL enthusiast, and not a professional?

2. What exactly does Rep. mean? I notice from the location you state you live in what Wikipedia terms a resort city in Wisconsin, and not in Barrington, Il. So does Rep. mean you speak for DSA?

3. This one is more of an observation, but if you are such an old hand at DSA, I'm surprised you just joined in Sept. Not that it is a requirement for people in the business, but I would think it would just make good sense to be the member of a SIG that focuses on what has been one of the mainstay products of DSA. Which leads me to my next question.

4. Why do you address what really is a side issue, from a month old post in your first post, and not touch at all on the topic of the thread? In case you missed it, the subject matter is the build quality of DS Arms current line of receivers, and how closely they adhere or don't, to the original specs of the FAL. While all the historical information may be of interest for somebody purchasing an old FAL, or someone writing a book on the FAL, I think the current production and how DSA is addressing the issues is of more interest to the readers of this thread.
Bonac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2017, 21:40   #134
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I'd actually prefer if my documentation thread on defects by serial number of DSA receivers does not deteriorate into a Pat Jones thread.

As I stated earlier, I have studied the careful documentation of the Pat Jones vs DSA L1A1 barrels provided by another member. I have three of Pat's barrels in front of me now, and 40 more coming eventually. I agree with DSA_REP. I do not believe Pat's claim that DSA "ripped off his prints/programming" to be of merit. That he may honestly have believed it, does not make it true, and the fine details strongly suggest he made his accusation in error.
My butt hurt comment was directed at the "new" DSA person just now showing up, not the pat jones stuff.
As in, can't wait to see where this leads next from DSA.
Old December 06, 2017, 11:48   #135
DSA_REP
Registered

FALaholic #: 80089
Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonac9 View Post
I didn't intend to get involved in this thread, other than to read it, but there are a number of things that bother me about the post from DSA_REP. I can't comment on the quality of the DSA upper receivers, past or present, as I don't have any. I certainly haven't ruled out ever getting one, but I am fairly new to the FAL, and haven't used one yet.

What has me wondering about the post, is you claim status as a DSA Rep, but you state, "Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin." You also use we frequently when writing of earlier days at DSA, and indicate that you are quite familiar with its operations and administration.

So my questions are:

1. Why an active FAL enthusiast, and not a professional?
I am a professional customer service representative with nearly 10 years of firearms industry experience, technical experience related to firearms and a strong personnel and professional interest in firearms and specifically the FAL.

2. What exactly does Rep. mean? I notice from the location you state you live in what Wikipedia terms a resort city in Wisconsin, and not in Barrington, Il. So does Rep. mean you speak for DSA? It means that this account was created by our marketing department and is managed by DS Arms and a team of customer service and technical staff.

3. This one is more of an observation, but if you are such an old hand at DSA, I'm surprised you just joined in Sept. Not that it is a requirement for people in the business, but I would think it would just make good sense to be the member of a SIG that focuses on what has been one of the mainstay products of DSA. Which leads me to my next question. For a number of years we (DS Arms) did not maintain a presence on this forum for a variety of reasons but due to a number of recent statements by members of this forum we felt it was time to rejoin and provide the support, service and true technical information that only a real manufacturer can provide, rather than just gunsmith notes and basic observations.

4. Why do you address what really is a side issue, from a month old post in your first post, and not touch at all on the topic of the thread? In case you missed it, the subject matter is the build quality of DS Arms current line of receivers, and how closely they adhere or don't, to the original specs of the FAL. While all the historical information may be of interest for somebody purchasing an old FAL, or someone writing a book on the FAL, I think the current production and how DSA is addressing the issues is of more interest to the readers of this thread. This post was just simply the first of a number that will be forthcoming, including the addressing of issues or concerns any of our valued customer may experience. Additionally if you read the first part of our response you will see that we did reply with information in regards to receiver concerns and false statements made about our company.

Please see my response to your questions above in blue.

Thanks, DSA_REP
DSA_REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2017, 11:54   #136
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Not to be confused with DSARMS_REP Join date 2011
Old December 06, 2017, 12:59   #137
308/223shooter
FALAholic enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA_REP View Post

Thanks, DSA_REP
Is Billy still the head FAL gun smith?
And, will DSA be correcting the issues found in this thread? http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421204
I ask, as I'm asked on a fairly regular basis, who makes the best U.S. made FAL receiver, and while at one time I had no reservations with recommending DSA, I now am forced to say "No one that I'm currently aware of".

Last edited by 308/223shooter; December 06, 2017 at 13:05.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2017, 14:21   #138
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Thanks, DSA_REP
OK, so I purchase one of your receivers,(Got a near all matching Brit kit sitting here) get it in my hands, send it off to Gunplumber to build, get an email or telephone call from Mark, that says, this thing is out of whack, (that's my technical term for anything not working properly) who exactly do I call at DSA, and what will or can I expect to hear from DSA when I say, this thing is out of whack and Mark tells me to return it or that he has to do all sorts of stuff to "make it work" which I really don't care to do on any brand new product purchased by anyone?

I'm not a builder of these rifles, Mark builds my rifles. Mark has a name, he test fires all my builds before he sends it back to me.

So what should I expect from DSA if problems arise?
Who should I speak with?

And who are you?
Old December 06, 2017, 15:07   #139
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74022

And who are you?

◇I'm Jacob McCandle

☆I thought you were dead

◇Not hardly

~ss

▪Edited to McCandle
" In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."~St. Justin Popovitch
" Slavs are fueled by booze. I thought this was common knowledge."~lew

Last edited by slavicshooter; December 06, 2017 at 20:22.
slavicshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2017, 15:09   #140
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavicshooter View Post

And who are you?

◇I'm Jacob McHandells

☆I thought you were dead

◇Not hardly

~ss

But I think it was McCandles.
Old December 06, 2017, 15:58   #141
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
So who was R1Shooter? I thought he was your Rep?
Old December 06, 2017, 17:27   #142
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Ron View Post
So who was R1Shooter? I thought he was your Rep?
R1shooter is Daniel Lombard - the disgraced "too corrupt for Chicago" cop and stolen-valor "fake commando".
Old December 06, 2017, 22:07   #143
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

DSA must be having a board meeting on how to answer my questions.
Old December 06, 2017, 22:40   #144
DSARMS_REP
Registered

FALaholic #: 63362
Quote:
DSA must be having a board meeting on how to answer my questions.
No we have just made the decision to try to come back on here and address questions and concerns and spread the truth. This will be our final attempt and if this forum is moderated in a fair way we will stay on here and become even but involved in the fal files community over time. The choice is not ours it's the forum moderators and management.

In our opinion this forum should not be bullied by a "glorified self aggrandized parts assembler" like GP nor should it be suger coated by a rifle manufacture like us(dsa)
Old December 07, 2017, 00:09   #145
TraFALgar
Registered

FALaholic #: 4366
Clearly, there is no love lost between Mark and DSA,
but ...
Quote:
we felt it was time to rejoin and provide the support, service and true technical information that only a real manufacturer can provide
Here, here! I'm sure we would all welcome this!
TraFALgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2017, 01:26   #146
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSARMS_REP View Post
No we have just made the decision to try to come back on here and address questions and concerns and spread the truth. This will be our final attempt and if this forum is moderated in a fair way we will stay on here and become even but involved in the fal files community over time. The choice is not ours it's the forum moderators and management.

In our opinion this forum should not be bullied by a "glorified self aggrandized parts assembler" like GP nor should it be suger coated by a rifle manufacture like us(dsa)

Damn, how many of you are on here, with the same no name?

And you did not answer my questions, which were very polite I might add, not like this crap you, who ever you are, just posted above.

As for final tries, DSA has one more chance with this old boy and then all of you can kiss my ass, and anyone mentions buying a DSA anything around me, well, the conversation will be short and sweet, actually, will just copy your non response above and post it for them to read.

So answer my question or stfu and crawl off back into your safe space sonny boy.

Here is my comment, with my questions for you, whoever you are hiding behind a company name.

""OK, so I purchase one of your receivers,(Got a near all matching Brit kit sitting here) get it in my hands, send it off to Gunplumber to build, get an email or telephone call from Mark, that says, this thing is out of whack, (that's my technical term for anything not working properly) who exactly do I call at DSA, and what will or can I expect to hear from DSA when I say, this thing is out of whack and Mark tells me to return it or that he has to do all sorts of stuff to "make it work" which I really don't care to do on any brand new product purchased by anyone?

I'm not a builder of these rifles, Mark builds my rifles. Mark has a name, he test fires all my builds before he sends it back to me.

So what should I expect from DSA if problems arise?
Who should I speak with?

And who are you? """

I'm guessing Daniel.
Old December 07, 2017, 08:20   #147
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSARMS_REP View Post
"glorified self aggrandized parts assembler" like GP
That's the guy people send their guns to, to have them fixed, after giving up on on DSA's "warranty."
Old December 07, 2017, 09:09   #148
DSARMS_REP
Registered

Quote:
That's the guy people send their guns to, to have them fixed, after giving up on on DSA's "warranty."
False its more like "the egomaniac that is so busy with "gunsmithing" work but at the same time has so much time to sit on the fal files and post his personal vendetta childish bullshit". You post 25% fal stuff and 75% childish vendetta bullshit like "its the Chicago way" why don't you grow up and be a man and handle this like a man instead of a child but with your ego I don't think that's possible. Are you an arrogant bastard like you state or another gun show egomaniac?

I challenge you to be the arrogant bastard that you say you are but for that you may have to stop your egomaniac childish actions and act like a man not a teenager living in his mom's basement.

I get this sense that this vendetta you have is consuming you and limiting your possibilities and if you ever want to be more than the simple parts assembler that you are you may want to see someone about this.

Posting opinions based on facts is one thing. Posting opinions without facts is anouther. The argument here is what is the real truth and who can really be believed. GP what you post is childish ego bullshit.

Perhaps we just change your name to the "ego plumber" "master parts assembler"

Last edited by DSARMS_REP; December 07, 2017 at 09:33.
DSARMS_REP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2017, 09:52   #149
Trypcil
Deep Thunkerer!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
If one is going to be mean, be accurate! There is a chance here for 'learning' - if civility can be maintained - or I see a shi#storm developing, lets not go there please. There are many reported issues DSa receivers exhibit, that seem to be recurring - these are genuine issues, and many are sick of just talking to the 'Hand', and would like answers not censorship.
Old December 07, 2017, 10:04   #150
DSARMS_REP
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trypcil View Post
If one is going to be mean, be accurate! There is a chance here for 'learning' - if civility can be maintained - or I see a shi#storm developing, lets not go there please. There are many reported issues DSa receivers exhibit, that seem to be recurring - these are genuine issues, and many are sick of just talking to the 'Hand', and would like answers not censorship.
Agreed, civility is needed but we won't just sit back and take the name calling bullshit let's stop it all and have real conversations.

The balls in the forums court let's watch the play

Last edited by DSARMS_REP; December 07, 2017 at 10:13.
DSARMS_REP is online now   Reply With Quote