Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old June 11, 2019, 10:47   #251
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
It can be saved. Amazing what they'll cough up when you hit 'em hard enough. But it will probably take that. Kali doesn't have the luxury of printing their own script the way FedGov does.
I don't know if it's possible, that's about $37,500 for every man, woman and child in kali. No way they could all pay so those that own something would have to pay. Add that to the highest tax rates in the nation and a very high cost of living. Even if people move out the taxes will follow them.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2019, 11:05   #252
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
Seriously
I'm willing to hear you, any man defend any profession when members of it shit that particular bed

I'm the same with Cops & the clergy Paul
the greater respect expected the higher my conduct bar rises

we can have a reasonable conversation on this
more over it should be done
no chickenshittery allowed
Since the members of all these groups come from our overall population and not some group of hand-grown elite super beings, there are going to be good ones and bad ones.

Why would we expect all of them to be superior moral beings?

I bring this up when the whole 'homeless vet' thing comes up. In most cases, they're probably not homeless because they were in the armed forces at some point. They're probably homeless because they were screw ups before the military and were destine to be screw ups after. Just like the rest of the population.

Sure, there are undoubtedly homeless vets who great guys but are homeless because of bad breaks and because of the physical or mental scars of serving in a combat area, and have been cast aside by our government, but that's probably a very small percentage. Just like the rest of the population where some homeless are otherwise decent normal people in a bad situation they can't get out of without help.

On the balance I'd give a bit more of a nod to people who volunteered to serve our nation, assuming they did so out of a sense of honor and duty to the country and their fellow countrymen, than to those who have not. But it's not a free pass either.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2019, 11:20   #253
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
Seriously
I'm willing to hear you, any man defend any profession when members of it shit that particular bed

I'm the same with Cops & the clergy Paul
the greater respect expected the higher my conduct bar rises

we can have a reasonable conversation on this
more over it should be done
no chickenshittery allowed

My frame of reference in any discussion on this matter comes after 24 yrs of AD Army service.

Your frame of reference is of a secondary opinion based model based on what ya been told and have read.

If I tried to explain, A,B,C,,,your only reaction would be to find something written by others that goes against anything I had to say, all gained from others, that may or may not even have first hand experiences, just regurgitating shit they'd heard or read by dubious authors.

So why should I subject myself to that???

You're not going to change your opinion regardless of anything I have to say, so why should I try on this issue???

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2019, 12:43   #254
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I don't know if it's possible, that's about $37,500 for every man, woman and child in kali. No way they could all pay so those that own something would have to pay. Add that to the highest tax rates in the nation and a very high cost of living. Even if people move out the taxes will follow them.
As I said, you'll have to hit 'em hard enough. Nobody said it would have to be equitable. Hell the whole thing ain't equitable to start with and the doing of it clearly can't be left up to the children who live there. Lots of rich folks in Kali, just confiscate their shit and sell it till you get the right number.

Ain't ready to do that? Well I can't help that. But it is possible. And the alternative is to continue to support it and pick up the wreckage on your own dime when it inevitably collapses. There is no opting out of this, you're in it one way or the other.
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2019, 13:02   #255
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Since the members of all these groups come from our overall population and not some group of hand-grown elite super beings, there are going to be good ones and bad ones.

Why would we expect all of them to be superior moral beings?

I bring this up when the whole 'homeless vet' thing comes up. In most cases, they're probably not homeless because they were in the armed forces at some point. They're probably homeless because they were screw ups before the military and were destine to be screw ups after. Just like the rest of the population.

Sure, there are undoubtedly homeless vets who great guys but are homeless because of bad breaks and because of the physical or mental scars of serving in a combat area, and have been cast aside by our government, but that's probably a very small percentage. Just like the rest of the population where some homeless are otherwise decent normal people in a bad situation they can't get out of without help.

On the balance I'd give a bit more of a nod to people who volunteered to serve our nation, assuming they did so out of a sense of honor and duty to the country and their fellow countrymen, than to those who have not. But it's not a free pass either.
Yes, exactly my basic premise Tak and it was even more the case under conscription.
Until the draft went away you had many folks who had no interest in service compelled into it
it was even rather common to send criminals into service

One seemy side of WWII history was the numbers of folks released from Prison and turned over to the custody of the military, it was a significant number in America and included many nasty types

up into the early 80s the new Volunteer military was still accepting people charged with various crimes as part of a plea agreement. Happened a few times up here over burglaries and assault cases
I will say it was overall a good policy, it often did straighten young Men up
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2019, 00:14   #256
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
the social connectivity purge continues, increasing pace to silence all opposition and all producers of inconvenient indie/alt media by way of editorial/publisher control.

pro tip:
this will be a major factor in the bolshies stealing the 2020 election cycle.