Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Old March 09, 2017, 21:54   #1
rowjimmy
Diverter of Threads
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
Illinois set to attack the 2A ...

... in the name of public safety, of course.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-without-due-p

"SB 1291 would create a “Lethal Order of Protection” whereby the firearms of Illinois residents could be confiscated if a family member or “law officer” files a petition stating the gun owner “poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself, or another by having … [a firearm] in his or her custody or control.”"
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 09, 2017, 22:29   #2
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Republican governor now. Will never be signed even if it made it to his desk.

Once he's gone, they'll bring it back up.

You would be amazed at the number of gun bans that get proposed in Illinois. In the past (Before Gov. Rauner) it was literally 2-3 per month but most never made it far.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2017, 10:33   #3
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Gun control, police militarism, and out of control state employee unions are only going to get worse in blue states. Pro Constitution types like myself gave up and are fleeing them in droves after being told to turn in our semi autos, 20 shot mags, etc. I left almost 20 years ago and never looked back. Perhaps I was doing their bidding and helping to fulfil their ultimate goal, now that I think of it. But the bottom line is I work in the private sector, live by my own wits and I'd sooner eat cat shit with chopsticks than pay taxes to those sons of bitches.

Last edited by Impala_Guy; March 10, 2017 at 10:40.
Impala_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2017, 14:41   #4
Tuhlmann
Sand In Your Shorts
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
About the only way I know of to guarantee that guy “poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself, or another by having … [a firearm] in his or her custody or control.” is to confiscate or threaten to confiscate his, her, or another's firearms. And that immediate and present danger is going to be very narrowly focused onto the confiscating aggressors, not himself, herself, or another (unless said "another" is the confiscating aggressors.) The just don't get it, do they.

A Gadsen flag comes to mind.

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2017, 22:38   #5
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Minority Report?
Old March 12, 2017, 00:24   #6
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
^

That.

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2017, 11:57   #7
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
These asswipes who WRITE the Bills should be Hanged.

That should be the penalty for messing with the 2A.

In Oregon it seems to be ALWAYS the same asswipes sponsoring the bills, democRATS, THEY ARE YOUR ENEMIES.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2017, 20:45   #8
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
This is already law here in NYS.
6 years ago, I saw it happen to a neighbor.

His soon to be ex wife ,ran him off his own property with cops, and had his guns confiscated, because she feared for her life and the life of her boyfriend.

The neighbor had never made any threats and the news of the separation order served against him was his first inkling that things were not good at home.

3 1/2 years later, his firearms were returned to him and she was gone from the property.
Today, she is stoning him to take her back.

He is the lucky one, but he is a vindictive bastard now.....just married his new girlfriend.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote