Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
Fleet Farm getting into the fight..

Old January 14, 2013, 14:56   #2
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
I just got a rifle from them. REALLY great folks to deal with! Five star in my book.
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 18:38   #3
thunderchicken
Registered

FALaholic #: 7650
I'm not sure making an argument to limit pellet size and shotgun magazine capacity is a particularly good idea.
thunderchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 19:03   #4
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
I'm not sure making an argument to limit pellet size and shotgun magazine capacity is a particularly good idea.
Well, it shows that the assault rifle and high capacity mag bans are a joke. If this then changes the discussion to banning shotguns I see that as a good thing as it will finally wake up the Fudds and the people that don't care either way because it doesn't apply to them.

in the end it shows that the focus on the gun is wrong and the focus needs to be on mental health issues and enforcement.
Old January 14, 2013, 19:08   #5
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
Perhaps not, but logic isn't really in play here when it comes to what guns are targeted first for banning. A lot of shotgunners usually think they are above black rifles, etc. and that they are being pointed out as being perhaps the most lethal kinda puts the shoe on the other foot and might wake a few up to step up to the plate with EBR owners for the common good of all gun owners. Truth is that all firearms are deadly and making cosmetic distinctions is bogus.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 19:15   #6
Wildcat
Registered

FALaholic #: 6517
Well, his heart is in the right place but I don't know that this is the most compelling argument to preserve the freedom to own/bear/use firearms.

I like the emphasis on "modern sporting rifle" instead of using the commonly accepted lib epithet for an EBR.
Old January 14, 2013, 19:18   #7
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
Perhaps not, but logic isn't really in play here when it comes to what guns are targeted first for banning. A lot of shotgunners usually think they are above black rifles, etc. and that they are being pointed out as being perhaps the most lethal kinda puts the shoe on the other foot and might wake a few up to step up to the plate with EBR owners for the common good of all gun owners. Truth is that all firearms are deadly and making cosmetic distinctions is bogus.
Yep!!

.............juanni
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 19:45   #8
G3isMe
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 6530
When I lived in MN, it was in Baxter. I love that Fleet Farm and I think it is their flagship store. I didn't realize they were building a range. Good for them. We need more of this especially in light of Schumer telling retailers to "stop selling rifles until Congress sorts this out." This is a great video and needs to be shown to more congressmen than just those from MN!

Last edited by G3isMe; January 14, 2013 at 20:12.
G3isMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 21:16   #9
riffraff2
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 54720
IMO, you guys poo poohing this sort of demonstration are wrong. This is exactly the type of info. we need to get out. Right NOW, they are going after "evil looking" guns. We all know that looks have nothing to do with anything. I would like to see some side by side testing of guns like a 9mm and a old timey revolver. The revolver should be chambered in something good like 357 mag of course. Shoot ballistic gellatin, watermellons, stuff that makes for good visuals. Show folks that that old timel looking revolver will absolutly pulverize stuff that it is shot with whereas the 9mm ain't nearly so impressive.

So again, in my opinion, the video in the OP is excellent and we need much, much more of this type of information to get out to the public. Education, education, education. Education is our friend.
riffraff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2013, 15:34   #10
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

http://www.fleetfarm.com/category/hu...earms/tactical