Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old January 01, 2019, 08:07   #101
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
IMHO,

- If you are a NRA life member, I see no point in dropping the membership: you do not need to give them any money anymore and yet can still piss people off.
- If you are not a NRA life member and/or have some money burning your pocket you want to donate for a worthy cause, well, maybe use the money at least on GOA's lawsuit.
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2019, 20:50   #102
MOS11C
Registered

FALaholic #: 38594
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
IMHO,

yet can still piss people off.
The irony is that it's many NRA members and pro-gun people who are really pissed off...not the anti-gun. The NRA-haters must be loving the NRA by now.

It's not only the bumpstocks.
I don't think it was necessary for the NRA to come out proposing and defending the awful red flag laws. What would these fuuucks gain with that?

What's amazing is how this guy say "strong due process protection" and at the same time a judge signs the warrant without due process. It's laughable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sNiklO506A

-
-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; January 03, 2019 at 22:48.
MOS11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2019, 12:03   #103
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
NRA membership is required at some private ranges like mine.
Yep.

They mostly stopped calling me years ago after I fussed one of them out for calling me on an issue I had sent them information about 6 months earlier.

"There's this terrifying new law..."
"I sent you an email asking what you were doing about that 6 months ago."
"Oh, so will you donate?"
"What are you doing about it?"

I hang up on them now, if they call, like pretty much any number that doesn't also already have a name in my phone.

"Itís hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead."
stimpsonjcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 09:26   #104
MOS11C
Registered

Here is the current status of the bumpstock lawsuit.
More opinions about NON-COMPLIANCE from the folks who are suing the bumpstock ban...They also explain the lawsuit and give a status of what's happening with the Shutdown, the ATF and what the court have decided so far....red flag laws too.

I hope that they win their injunction and that this case is held in the courts for another 20 years...which is what Feinstein was so afraid of in the first place and get a heartattack and shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JzACChNiXg

-
-
-
-
Old January 11, 2019, 23:34   #105
gunshack
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 17916
I lifed up a decade ago, I'm still waiting to get my money's worth. Being in California, I'm not likely to get payback for decades more. They've basically given up on this state.

I think it's time to challenge the National Firearms Act of 1934. Good luck getting the NRA on board for that fight.

On second thought lets give the notorious RBG a few weeks to kick the bucket.
gunshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 02:46   #106
Insider
Registered

FALaholic #: 1183
GOA all the WAY! The gun haters fear them more than they do the NRA.
Old January 14, 2019, 00:54   #107
Insider
Registered

FALaholic #: 1183
NRA! GOA! Fight! Resist! No More Gun Control!!!
Old January 17, 2019, 10:51   #108
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Insight. VOX is libby but sometimes provides good intel. I'm not a big NRA fan but as it has been said above resist!
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ending-trouble
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2019, 11:36   #109
MOS11C
Registered

CERTIORARI GRANTED
18-280
NY STATE RIFLE & PISTOL, ET AL. V. NEW YORK, NY, ET AL.
The petition for a writ of certiorari is granted.

Three handgun owners and the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association challenged the ban, arguing that it unconstitutionally interfered with their right to gun ownership, as well as their right to travel.

Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday said it will hear a 2nd Amendment case that could limit restrictions on gun owners.

The case concerns a New York City ban on transporting handguns except directly to and from shooting ranges, and requires the weapon to be unloaded and stored in a locked container.

Three handgun owners and the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association challenged the ban, arguing that it unconstitutionally interfered with their right to gun ownership, as well as their right to travel.

The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York dismissed the gun owners' claims, and in February of last year the U.S. 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed that decision.

The gun owns brought their case to the high court in June and asked the justices to reverse the second circuit's ruling.

"Both the City's transport ban and the Second Circuit's decision sanctioning it are extreme outliers even among Second Amendment decisions," they wrote in one brief. "Indeed, if the Second Circuit's version of heightened scrutiny is what this Court had in mind in Heller and McDonald, there was little point to recognizing a fundamental, individual right and making it applicable against state and local governments."

The justices' decision to take the case marks the first time in nearly a decade that it will delve into 2nd Amendment law. It is the first gun rights case since Justice Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed to the bench. Kavanaugh is believed to have an expansive view of gun rights based on his lower court rulings on the matter.

The case is New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. City of New York, New York, No. 18-280.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/22/supr...-handguns.html

-
-
-
-
Old January 22, 2019, 13:26   #110
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
What most of the defenders of the NRA miss is that they were chosen decades ago BY the media as the only folks representing Gun Owners
they do their very best to deny either the GOA much less the JPFO ANY platform on the networks.

Part of that goes back to debates on CNN between that ADL gun banning fruit Abe Foxman and Arron Zelman representing his JPFO
Zelman gutted nutter zionist liberal gun banner Foxman several times
After that they really don't cover the JPFO, the SAF, GOA, etc
in short guys it's more fake Newz

Another point brought up by others in this thread is to even obtain membership at ranges in many urban areas you are obliged to sign up with the NRA
where do you think these stats on NRA membership greatly supporting UBC's, AW bans, etc come from ?
While they are often made up garbage the truth is that a great number of the NRA membership are just huge urban Elmer Fudd types.
I can tell you a fact on this, I have maybe five friends up here that are members. Most have zero shits given regarding the NRA
We see them as representing Urban shits, not us

I am in no way stating not to join
to change that org different folks need to become members, life members so you can vote within
basic memberships gives you zero power, no ability to vote for the Board who can dump idiots like LaPuke
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2019, 23:18   #111
Surly
Registered

FALaholic #: 3610
I renounced my life membership. They called telling me to vote for a blew-dog democrap incumbant instead of a noob republicrat. Told them FAWK NO and that they need to get their single-issue heads out of their asses.

A few months later after the blew-dog commie was voted out, they came calling again chirping about how Maobama was gonna take muh gunzzz. I told them to stuff my membership up their single-issue asses and never call back again.

Sold my American Rifleman subscription to the highest bidder on Gunbroker to recover an insignificant part of my loss on that big TURD of a membership. The NRA can go choke on a bag of dicks!

An armed civilian is a citizen.
A disarmed civilian is a SUBJECT.

MCLMM

Former NRA Lifer
Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2019, 10:40   #112
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
SCOTUS actually taking a gun rights case is amazing.

This case is an ez one for the Court to decide.

NYC says that if you own a handgun, you can only take it to a NYC gun range to shoot it.

YOU CANNOT TAKE IT OUT OF THE CITY TO SHOOT IT.

WTF???

This case will probably, not address anything else.
Guns have to be transported in a locked box and away from ammo. The court will probably say that is legal, AS THEY HAVE NOT ADDRESSED THE RIGHT, TO OWN A GUN OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN HOME, yet.

Nope you only have a state granted right to hunt or to carry a gun outside of the home, so far, legally speaking.

The court, likely will rule that the City cannot ban---- taking a legally owned gun out of NYC to upstate NYS, to shoot it.

Will the court ALSO allow the reverse? Will other legally owned guns be permitted to ENTER NYC?

It may allow NYS Pistol Permit holders to enter the City armed.

If so, it may also address the rights of handgun owners form Montana or Illinois to enter NYC armed.

It could be the crack that kills all NYS gun laws.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2019, 11:57   #113
lew
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Any day NYC gets their pee pee slapped is a good day in my book.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H.L. Mencken
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2019, 12:02   #114
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
I hope NYS gets their ass handed to them.

Was looking at a local (somewhat) range a few weeks ago as a place to shoot. Membership requires an NRA membership. Fk that. Cause, you know, freedom.
Old January 23, 2019, 13:41   #115
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
The three-judge panel said New Yorkers can go to local shooting ranges, use rented weapons at out-of-town facilities, and acquire additional weapons for second homes.
Well, there is only ONE public range in NYC. And less than a handful private ones. So if you have an issue with them or them with you then you're screwed.

There is also the cost and licensing bureaucracy of purchasing a new gun for your other home.
It's not like these liberal judges think that "acquiring" additional weapons is that easy.

-
-
--
Old January 23, 2019, 14:14   #116
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS11C View Post
Well, there is only ONE public range in NYC. And less than a handful private ones. So if you have an issue with them or them with you then you're screwed.

There is also the cost and licensing bureaucracy of purchasing a new gun for your other home.
It's not like these liberal judges think that "acquiring" additional weapons is that easy.

-
-
--
Addendum;

And the people at 1 Police Plaza are animals.

Not the cops but the bureaucrats. A bunch of liberal maggots that could care less about giving you any decent service.

-
-
-
Old January 25, 2019, 16:41   #117
MOS11C
Registered

The President, the NRA and now the new AJ.

We don't need enemies with friends like these.

How Wonderful.

Quote:
As called out by the National Association for Gun Rights online and Gunpowder Magazine, the President’s nominee for Attorney General, William Barr, made a startling statement regarding Second Amendment rights during his confirmation hearing:

I also think we need to push along the ERPOs (Extreme Risk Protection Orders), so that we have these red flag laws to supplement the use of the background check to find out if someone has some mental disturbance. This is the single most important thing I think we can do, in the gun control area, to stop these massacres from happening in the first place.”

“Well, thank you, I’d like to work with you in that regard,” Dianne Feinstein replied.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-control-area/

-
-
-
-
-
Old January 25, 2019, 17:25   #118
Beryl
Registered

FALaholic #: 1637
The NRA can kiss my ass. I resigned my life membership long ago and will never support them again. Since they backed down after the "jack-booted thugs" comment pissed off daddy Bush in the 90's, they have been nothing but a bunch of compromising, money-grubbing cucks. At least GOA is actually filing lawsuits to overturn some significant gun control laws.

I will never again send money to keep Wayne Lapierre and Chris Cox rolling in dough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2019, 17:27   #119
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
I renounced my life membership. They called telling me to vote for a blew-dog democrap incumbant instead of a noob republicrat. Told them FAWK NO and that they need to get their single-issue heads out of their asses.

A few months later after the blew-dog commie was voted out, they came calling again chirping about how Maobama was gonna take muh gunzzz. I told them to stuff my membership up their single-issue asses and never call back again.

Sold my American Rifleman subscription to the highest bidder on Gunbroker to recover an insignificant part of my loss on that big TURD of a membership. The NRA can go choke on a bag of dicks!

This Illinois ex-cop mentions the NRA and the GOA in his rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X05ZQnLrw1o

Old January 26, 2019, 20:25   #120
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
I had hopes for the Second Amendment under Trump. Especially with his two SCOTUS picks. But then came along the Bumpstock Ban and this phony conservative AG pick. Looking like Trump doesn't want to have a second term and is working to undermine his chances in 2020.
Old January 26, 2019, 21:43   #121
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
What is that rat like creature under your name?
It is a criceta alaskanum, also sometimes called criceta nix or criceta albuminum because of its white fur.

It is an animal only domestic to Alaska, not found in other areas. It belongs to the family of cricetidae, subfamily: cricetinae.
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote