Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The 22 Files

Notices

Old June 22, 2019, 19:45   #1
Will C
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 65260
Norinco JW-15 - any good?

Local FFL is disposing of some firearms for a lady who moved to the lower 48. Most are rusted, chopped up junk that Bubba has had a real good time “experimenting” with... One that caught my eye was a Norinco JW-15 bolt action .22 in decent shape with an excellent bore, that has apparently been spared the WECSOG treatment. Price is negotiable but I think it can be had for well under $100 - maybe less than $50. Anyone here have any experience with these? I need another .22 like I need another orifice in my skull, but for the price I keep thinking about it.
Will C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2019, 20:03   #2
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will C View Post
Local FFL is disposing of some firearms for a lady who moved to the lower 48. Most are rusted, chopped up junk that Bubba has had a real good time “experimenting” with... One that caught my eye was a Norinco JW-15 bolt action .22 in decent shape with an excellent bore, that has apparently been spared the WECSOG treatment. Price is negotiable but I think it can be had for well under $100 - maybe less than $50. Anyone here have any experience with these? I need another .22 like I need another orifice in my skull, but for the price I keep thinking about it.
I have one, picked up from an estate sale, that I'm very happy with...

Great shooter and it takes the appropriate CZ mags to boot...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2019, 16:32   #3
Will C
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 65260
Good to know that it takes the same mags as CZ. I’m going to be picking up another gun at that FFL in a few days and will see if I can get a good deal on the Norinco. Used .22s don’t sell for beans around here so my investment needs to be small in case it’s a dog. Will update the thread if I happen to bring it home.
Will C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2019, 17:31   #4
mnop308
Registered

FALaholic #: 20345
Had one back in the mid to late 80's. It was a light, handy little squirrel shooter. Probably should have kept it. Direct copy of CZ/BRNO, IIRC. I'd grab another if I found one cheap in good condition.
mnop308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2019, 21:46   #5
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Yep, wood was always a bit ugly but they all seemed to shoot well. When I was in the trade we ordered them in lots of 20 and sold them about a fast as they landed. Literally sold hundreds of them. A hybrid copy of the Brno Model 1 and Model 2.
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2019, 07:30   #6
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy the Aussie View Post
Yep, wood was always a bit ugly but they all seemed to shoot well.
Like a lot of Chinese firearms imported here. I lived for years in fear of some Chinese farmer tracking me down and kicking my butt for buying his fence-posts that Norinco & Polytech carved in a facsimile of a stock. He can have his wood back, I have swapped them for USGI wood & fiberglass.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote