Notices

Old July 10, 2012, 23:10   #51
skeeterbay
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharps4570? View Post
1st receiver all was fine, cc was good, ffl was good, delivery was a little slow but that was okay.....2nd was a total dick up from jump street, if Coonan has manufactor 2nd's I got one, trouble is they knew of the receiver problem before shipping, then said "don't worry the build should be okay, if not we"ll replace it"..I guess the next one will be DSA..Customer service is one on one, eith help if needed..
Yes please list the problems you had with your Coonan receiver. Twice now you have stated that your second receiver was messed up, but you have yet to say how. Some of us are planing on buying more Coonan receivers and we would like to know. IMHO It seems only reasonable if you are going to report that a product is faulty. The very least you could do is let us know what it was.

Ard Choille!
skeeterbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2012, 16:43   #52
newtown
Registered

FALaholic #: 28250
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbay View Post
Yes please list the problems you had with your Coonan receiver. Twice now you have stated that your second receiver was messed up, but you have yet to say how. Some of us are planing on buying more Coonan receivers and we would like to know. IMHO It seems only reasonable if you are going to report that a product is faulty. The very least you could do is let us know what it was.

We'd be interested at Coonan too? What was your problem? Dave

If anyone has a concern or problem call us. We would like you happy!
newtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2012, 15:32   #53
LaConservationist
Registered

FALaholic #: 42319
Quote:
Customer service, hmmmm do whatever it takes, don't know about that, 1st receiver went fine...second is totally dicked up, still waiting word of it..FFL has not heard heads or tails from em...my partner keeps telling me Dave is the way to go so maybe??? time to swithch....

Quote:
1st receiver all was fine, cc was good, ffl was good, delivery was a little slow but that was okay.....2nd was a total dick up from jump street, if Coonan has manufactor 2nd's I got one, trouble is they knew of the receiver problem before shipping, then said "don't worry the build should be okay, if not we"ll replace it"..I guess the next one will be DSA..Customer service is one on one, eith help if needed..
This sounds just too DAMN STRANGE!!

You have 6 total post here, best I can tell TWO of them are about so called issues you have with COONAN......You mention your FFL not hearing from them....why would your FFL need to hear from them? Shouldn't it be YOU contacting COONAN direct and speaking to their customer service about your so called issue?
I know for a FACT that if you would have called you would have spoke to someone PDQ if you called during business hours......if outside of these stated hours I also know SOMEONE would have returned your call!!

Now What issues are you having? You have failed to state any said issues or should I say.....UN SAID ISSUES!!!

IF you cannot contact COONAN direct PLEASE contact me I promise someone WILL CALL YOU BACK!!!

IF you are just another FLAMING A-HOLE......KEEP walking ya NOT welcome here ANYWAY!!!

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and mine alone....Coonan as no impact on my statements nor any idea I just left this message.....BUT I know them all too well for this to happen!!!

LaC

"Any one who thinks he can be happy
and prosperous by letting
the Government take care of him,
better take a closer look at the American Indian."

- Henry Ford
LaConservationist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2012, 12:51   #54
LaConservationist
Registered

Well it seems ole Sharps4570? was just that.....no more than a FLAMING TROLL!! Gotta love'em.......we could kill'em but I hear they don't EAT very well! Smell and taste alot like opossum!!

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old October 28, 2012, 22:05   #55
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
Is Coonan shipping any receivers yet? I know they have been in the process of moving their facilities. Have a receiver on order and am patiently waiting on an update. A nice matching refinished Imbel kit with Ironwood type C stock is just waiting to be complete..
Old November 08, 2012, 02:24   #56
Fiorina
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 66202
I called Coonan a few days ago and asked about my Argy receiver I ordered a few months back. The very nice lady on the phone told me that they were behind schedule because one of their machines was down for awhile, but she said they hope to start shipping receivers out this month. So hopefully it should be soon.
Fiorina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 15:40   #57
Fiorina
Registered
Contributor

Just talked to Chelsea at Coonan, she said that I would probably receive my argy receiver by the end of this month! Sounds like they've started shipping some already.
Old November 14, 2012, 02:24   #58
Redec
Registered

FALaholic #: 66707
When did you order yours Fiorina? I ordered one in the middle of Aug.
Redec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 16:54   #59
Redec
Registered

I got the call today. Mine is built waiting for paint and a serial. Should have it at the end of the month.
Old November 14, 2012, 18:48   #60
Fiorina
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redec View Post
When did you order yours Fiorina? I ordered one in the middle of Aug.
I believe i ordered mine in late July.
Old November 14, 2012, 20:58   #61
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I ordered mine end of August I think? Wait time at that point was 8-12 weeks so hopefully it is on the assembly line.
Old November 14, 2012, 23:00   #62
Grinder
Registered

FALaholic #: 3407
I got the call last week
Ordered the end of July
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2012, 09:55   #63
LaConservationist
Registered

As of Yesterday, I will have 3 new receivers at my door the first week of December.....MAYBE sooner! Yep......1 StG custom serial numbers, 1 G1/BGS Custom Numbers, and FINALLY 1 Custom Numbers for my LONG AWAITED Light Barrel IZZY!!

Coonan has really been hit hard with a mass of NEW ORDERS, the power outage and surge that caused massive damage to their equipment, The BIG MOVE to a new facility, the Storm that recently HIT and of course the .357 MAG Pistol.....

COONAN is doing a SUPER job and filling MANY ORDERS and as they said yesterday, they are VERY GRATEFUL for all members of the FAL FILES that continue to support them!
We ALL want our orders filled YESTERDAY and they are doing their best and making many IMPROVEMENTS in completing orders but GROWTH takes time and as they have said MANY TIMES......THEY will NOT substitute QUALITY for QUANTITY!!!

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old November 18, 2012, 16:33   #64
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
Yep. Ordered a BGS reciever last Fri. Never heard what the time line is. I'm sure it wont be real soon, but thats ok for a custom # I'll wait a bit.
otis61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2012, 11:59   #65
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaConservationist View Post
As of Yesterday, I will have 3 new receivers at my door the first week of December.....MAYBE sooner! Yep......1 StG custom serial numbers, 1 G1/BGS Custom Numbers, and FINALLY 1 Custom Numbers for my LONG AWAITED Light Barrel IZZY!!
LaC
When did you place your order?
Old November 26, 2012, 22:36   #66
Fiorina
Registered
Contributor

Ok, i was wrong about when i ordered. it was early august. BUT, the guy at coonan told me today that i would have it at the end of next week!! finally
Old November 29, 2012, 14:08   #67
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Sent an email asking for status and just got a response back saying that it will be shipping today.

It appears that another FAL will be reborn within the next 2 weeks.
Old November 30, 2012, 07:28   #68
croftonaviation
Motivated underachiever
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64580
Quote:
Originally Posted by def90 View Post
Sent an email asking for status and just got a response back saying that it will be shipping today.

It appears that another FAL will be reborn within the next 2 weeks.
Glad to hear it. I'm sure you'll end up with a nice rifle.
croftonaviation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012, 18:15   #69
Redec
Registered

I talked to Connie today. She said my order(Aug 13, w/ custom ser) was sent of to be parked and will not be ready for them till Monday or Tuesday. They should ship the same day they pick it up.

I also asked if they email us when it ships and she said their new system isn't sending emails yet.
Old December 02, 2012, 13:55   #70
LaConservationist
Registered

Quote:
When did you place your order?
Def, I am NOT 100% certain.....there were some confusion when I placed my order.....ON MY PART.....I told Chelsey I wanted 3 type I-C receivers BUT never called her back with the Custom Serial numbers, she called me a few weeks later stating they were to be mailed out the next couple days.....Well SOMEONE else got those 3 as I Then explained I wanted a G1 Marked with Custom Serial numbers, A StG again custom serial and also a Type I with Custom Serial for my IZZY LB....
So again that was MY screw up or I would have had them a moth or so ago.....

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old December 08, 2012, 02:38   #71
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

My Coonan is here! Nice dark black finish, hand times just short of the triangle but upon further inspection it appears that my Imbel barrel is bulged a bit at one of the flats preventing it from properly hand timing. Nothing a file can't fix. will be test fitting all of the other parts before I shoot everything with Cerakote.

I see another Imbel reborn within the next week.

Hand times short on my barrel.. Barrel is bare park without oil, will be Cerakoting it this weekend.

Bulge at barrel flat:
Old December 08, 2012, 09:22   #72
LaConservationist
Registered

Quote:
My Coonan is here! Nice dark black finish, hand times just short of the triangle but upon further inspection it appears that my Imbel barrel is bulged a bit at one of the flats preventing it from properly hand timing. Nothing a file can't fix. will be test fitting all of the other parts before I shoot everything with Cerakote.

Hand times short on my barrel.. Barrel is bare park without oil, will be Cerakoting it this weekend.

Bulge at barrel flat:
I do LOVE their PARK! It is EXCELLENT!! I do refinish MOST of my builds in some form of paint and really hate blasting the new receivers they are truly AWESOME!!

Spoke with COONAN yesterday, they were picking up receivers from PARKing and dropping more off!
I was told they are very busy and getting all the orders out as fast as they can....and apologized for the delays BUT as more orders come, the longer the process takes.....I was assured they would NOT overlook QUALITY for QUANTITY!
Be patient as YOUR receivers will arrive!! I just have to PRACTICE this MYSELF!!!

def yours looked just as they should! Let us know how this progresses!!!
ALL ASPECTS as far as final hand timing, Torque to TDC, and locking shoulder size as well!!

MANY THANKS!!

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old December 08, 2012, 09:33   #73
SteelonSteel
Veteran Member
Contributor

FALaholic #: 18603
Quote:
I do LOVE their PARK! It is EXCELLENT!! I do refinish MOST of my builds in some form of paint and really hate blasting the new receivers they are truly AWESOME!!

Spoke with COONAN yesterday, they were picking up receivers from PARKing and dropping more off!
I was told they are very busy and getting all the orders out as fast as they can....and apologized for the delays BUT as more orders come, the longer the process takes.....I was assured they would NOT overlook QUALITY for QUANTITY!
Be patient as YOUR receivers will arrive!! I just have to PRACTICE this MYSELF!!!

def yours looked just as they should! Let us know how this progresses!!!
ALL ASPECTS as far as final hand timing, Torque to TDC, and locking shoulder size as well!!

MANY THANKS!!

LaC
TEASE!!!

I saw Lac in the Coonan vendor section on the mainscreen and was sure this was it for the L1A1 buy.
SteelonSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 08, 2012, 11:05   #74
LaConservationist
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelonSteel View Post
TEASE!!!

I saw Lac in the Coonan vendor section on the mainscreen and was sure this was it for the L1A1 buy.
SOS I did inquire about the Britt receivers and they did receive ALL the necessary tooling and Greg is setting up the machines and program for the cuts.... we are getting closer by the day.....and again.....PATIENCE (1 the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset)is NOT my best quality so it is hard for me to ask everyone waiting to be patient.....all I can promise is we will ALL be happy once they are started!!

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old December 12, 2012, 19:24   #75
Fiorina
Registered
Contributor

Just picked up my Coonan argy from the FFL!
Old December 13, 2012, 07:57   #76
SteelonSteel
Veteran Member
Contributor

FALaholic #: 18603
Quote:
SOS I did inquire about the Britt receivers and they did receive ALL the necessary tooling and Greg is setting up the machines and program for the cuts.... we are getting closer by the day.....and again.....PATIENCE (1 the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset)is NOT my best quality so it is hard for me to ask everyone waiting to be patient.....all I can promise is we will ALL be happy once they are started!!

LaC
I hear ya LaC, I have patience and yet I don't have patience.
SteelonSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012, 00:55   #77
Redec
Registered

Quote:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-J...25282%2529.JPG

Bulge at barrel flat:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-s...0/PC070012.JPG
That's funny. I received my Coonan for my Argy kit a few days ago. Mine hand times just short EXACTLY like yours.....My barrel is bulged on that exact flat too. I didn't notice till you posted pics and I got mine out to compare. You can see a small scratch on my receiver where there bulge us contacting it. Thanks =)
Old December 18, 2012, 22:30   #78
drmetzger
Registered

FALaholic #: 64839
Has anyone spoken to Coonan this week to know what the wait time is from them?
drmetzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2012, 23:50   #79
tjpatte
Registered

FALaholic #: 67176
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmetzger View Post
Has anyone spoken to Coonan this week to know what the wait time is from them?
Ordered mine September 14th with custom serial number and the FFL received it December 4th.

Hope this helps.

Tom
tjpatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2012, 09:42   #80
sweatinintexas
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 54264
One of my favorite small businesses!

I've bought a number of Coonan receivers, always FTF since I live 30 minutes away. They are an outstanding bunch, and have always been honest with me about wait times, etc. Every build has ran well, and looks great.

Most recently, I ordered a NCHC Type 3 with folding CH cut and custom markings for a 50.63 clone. When I picked it up, the right side markings were not right, CERTAINLY DUE TO MISCOMMUNICATION ON MY PART. Nevertheless, Dan Coonan took me to the markings machine (I am sure there is a much better name for it than that, sorry) and typed it in personally for me. They wiped the right side, re-parked, re-marked, and got it done in days...no charge.

I enthusiastically recommend their receivers!
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another (Proverbs 27:17)

PREPAREDNESS // ADVENTURE // SURVIVAL
www.SurvivalMULE.com
sweatinintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2012, 02:10   #81
Ted III
Registered

FALaholic #: 1267
Just ordered an Argy kit from SACRO and was wondering if anyone had heard what the lead times are on Coonan Argy type receivers ?
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2012, 16:54   #82
Recon6812
Registered

FALaholic #: 52083
I guess the discount code is no longer valid in these times? tried FAL2010-1 when i ordered 2 type 3 receivers today. of course at $299, its still a hell of a deal.
UPDATE:
Just got an email from Chelsey at Coonan, even though i propably did something wrong when i ordered, they are sending me the $25 discount, how cool are they!

Last edited by Recon6812; December 27, 2012 at 18:05.
Recon6812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2012, 18:22   #83
Ferdman
Registered

FALaholic #: 21875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon6812 View Post
I guess the discount code is no longer valid in these times? tried FAL2010-1 when i ordered 2 type 3 receivers today. of course at $299, its still a hell of a deal.
UPDATE:
Just got an email from Chelsey at Coonan, even though i propably did something wrong when i ordered, they are sending me the $25 discount, how cool are they!
I just ordered one today, a Type II, and used that discount code as given to me by Dave, the VP at Coonan, from an e-mail he sent today, so it should have been valid. I got charged the full amount. I asked about it in a reply e-mail why the discount didn't take. I'll follow up about it later as they're all ready closed for the day.
Ferdman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2013, 08:24   #84
TheRussian
Registered

FALaholic #: 67648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted III View Post
Just ordered an Argy kit from SACRO and was wondering if anyone had heard what the lead times are on Coonan Argy type receivers ?
They are in stock at SARCO
“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
TheRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 08, 2013, 18:34   #85
LaConservationist
Registered

FAL FILES MEMBER code for online orders is NOW WORKING… COONAN changed the code to FAL2013-1!

THIS IS NOT the BRIT Group Buy code, but the new general FAL FILES MEMBER DISCOUNT code.
The FALFILES DISCOUNT is $25.00

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old January 08, 2013, 18:51   #86
jimmbob
unreparated
Contributor

FALaholic #: 41144
Why do an online order when you can call and talk with the nice girls? How many online orders have YOU done, Chris?

Thought so, same as me
Old January 08, 2013, 18:57   #87
LaConservationist
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
Why do an online order when you can call and talk with the nice girls? How many online orders have YOU done, Chris?

Thought so, same as me
UMMM YEAH well.....you got me there!!!
I posted this as a direct request from ONE of those "NICE GIRLS"......would YOU have told them NO???

Thought NOT, same as me

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old January 12, 2013, 16:46   #88
Fiorina
Registered
Contributor

Hey guys, im curious what size locking shoulder has been needed for other peoples Coonan argy receivers. Mine is going to need a .253. and there was another guy i read on here that needed a .254. Are a lot of them headspacing really small? or is mine not the norm?
Old February 19, 2013, 06:54   #89
otsu78
Registered

FALaholic #: 69332
Is Coonan still taking orders? I tried calling them a while ago, and they said that they were busy with a massive group buy from here, followed by a notice to not leave a message.

I then later tried to ask a question about online ordering, and customerservice@coonaninc.com gave a message not delivered error.

How exactly does one go about ordering a receiver from you? Sorry for the stupid newbie questions, I've never ordered receivers from online before, always purchased things in person. I've already contacted my FFL and left Coonan's info with them and they said to order whenever.
otsu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2013, 12:25   #90
Jimbo Jones
Registered

FALaholic #: 69168
Yes they are taking orders! I just this second got off the phone with Peggy who was very nice to talk to and ordered a Type III for a build. They did not take my payment info as the lead time is possibly six months, which gives me plenty of time to find the rest of the parts, esp. looking for a Steyr barrel (am I wasting my time or are they out there to be had)?

JB
Old February 19, 2013, 12:43   #91
otsu78
Registered

FALaholic #: 69332
Ok, thank you!
Old February 19, 2013, 15:43   #92
tngunman
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 64639
orders

They are still taking orders... send them an email to customerservice@coonaninc.com.

They will respond and put in your order promptly and are great to deal with.

I do know there is a wait just because of their orders. I think I had an estimated ship date of June on a type 1 I put in a couple of weeks ago.

The last receiver I got from them was perfect... went together as easy as you could hope and looked perfect.

I am going to probably order a couple of more from them for some builds as well.
tngunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2013, 15:44   #93
tngunman
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Jones View Post
Yes they are taking orders! I just this second got off the phone with Peggy who was very nice to talk to and ordered a Type III for a build. They did not take my payment info as the lead time is possibly six months, which gives me plenty of time to find the rest of the parts, esp. looking for a Steyr barrel (am I wasting my time or are they out there to be had)?

JB
There are some around... in fact there was one on gunbroker today.
Old February 19, 2013, 16:01   #94
Jimbo Jones
Registered

FALaholic #: 69168
Yes... there are, thanks!

I hope I am not treading too far off topic, but....

only as it relates to Coonan (Type II or Type III) metric recievers, what are people's opinions to barreling. I was thinking Steyr, but there's Imbel, and DSA as well. All about the same price it seems. Assume condition of the barrels is equivalent.
Old February 20, 2013, 23:47   #95
tngunman
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Jones View Post
Yes... there are, thanks!

I hope I am not treading too far off topic, but....

only as it relates to Coonan (Type II or Type III) metric recievers, what are people's opinions to barreling. I was thinking Steyr, but there's Imbel, and DSA as well. All about the same price it seems. Assume condition of the barrels is equivalent.
I have two steyrs but haven't shot them yet. They are supposed to be one of the best barrels you can get for a fal.
Old March 10, 2013, 09:15   #96
Grinder
Registered

JFYI
the back order is approx 6 months now.
Old March 12, 2013, 18:03   #97
ShuckersFan
Registered

FALaholic #: 20097
Just a reminder, Coonan charges your card when you place the order, not when it ships.
ShuckersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2013, 19:02   #98
Grinder
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuckersFan View Post
Just a reminder, Coonan charges your card when you place the order, not when it ships.
You have the option of paying upfront or being notified when your receiver is starting production to pay then.
Old March 23, 2013, 19:34   #99
FAL_Nut
Registered

FALaholic #: 68190
I ordered mine first week of January and they called on Friday (22nd) to take my credit card info. & confirm the FFL to ship to. Coonan customer service lady was nice, as usual. I should see my Argy receiver this coming week (woot!)

3/31 UPDATE: Picked up receiver on Saturday 3/30. Order date was 12/17, to give everyone an idea of lead time. I chose the custom serial number.

Last edited by FAL_Nut; March 31, 2013 at 19:12. Reason: ETA- receiver received
FAL_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2013, 07:40   #100
djginwis
Registered

FALaholic #: 68288
I ordered two type 3 receivers right after Christmas, and got a call Friday that they were close to shipping, and needed FFL info.
djginwis is offline   Reply With Quote