Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old December 12, 2012, 09:43   #1
BlackgunCO
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64915
How to get jobs back in America

I just wrote a letter to a company explaining why I would not buy their product anymore. This company was making the item in the US last year. I checked the label recently and now it is made in China. I told them they lost a customer to another brand that is made in the US. If we all do this then they will have to listen or go out of business. I will do this for any product that has recently switched production overseas that I can find. Oh yeah, just got my Stan Ray painter's pants. They seem a little on the thin side, but have tripple stitching on all the stress areas and main seams. They also fit well. Took a while to get but happy with them. US made and $35.
BlackgunCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 10:06   #2
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
I just got a few itimes direct from Ruger. One of them was a magazine pouch that holds six mags with a velcro flap. Ruger embroidered on the flap. Big made in China label on the plastic bag it came in. I am using it, but it bothers me to put my MKII magazines in it. I actually bought two, one to give as a gift. I was embarrassed to give it with that big made in China label on it.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 10:20   #3
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Yours is a theory not strongly held as is demonstrated by consumer's who operate under the perceived value received theory.
Unions, Guilds and Quality brands sold much the same ideas for years now the market place sets the price of all available goods and services sold,,, even for knock off's.
Quality goods and services will always have a market,,,, right or wrong "made in the USA" is not thought a guarantee of quality or value today.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 16:44   #4
ce
Registered

FALaholic #: 373
I buy everything I can that's made in China, that way I know it hasn't been soiled by a labor union.

Well, except maybe the Teamsters. And the Longshoremen. And the retail workers.

Damn leeches get their shithooks in everything.
ce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 16:55   #5
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
I try to get everything the grocery store, cuz that's where my new GF works. Her name is Grocery Girl.
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 17:05   #6
Scott V2
Registered

FALaholic #: 10082
Mandating that all imported goods be manufactured to the EXACT same EPA standards that American companies are forced to abide by would bring back the jobs yesterday.
Old December 12, 2012, 20:32   #7
TideWater 41009
Registered

FALaholic #: 1789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
I try to get everything the grocery store, cuz that's where my new GF works. Her name is Grocery Girl.
Grocery Girl is a lucky lady, Mebs!
TideWater 41009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 21:14   #8
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
Mandating that all imported goods be manufactured to the EXACT same EPA standards that American companies are forced to abide by would bring back the jobs yesterday.

EXACTLY why all your jobs left -Farking EPA-the home of the 60's hippies who wore combat boots and protested the nam war and spit on returning service personal -NO republican works at the EPA they have been purged for years ... I remember when used waste oil was valuable and they reclaimer would pay .25 cents a gal =NOW EPA made it a hazardous waste product and it COST .25 cents a gal to have safety clean suck it out of the tank ... stick the epa Up your catalic converter !!

Business will return when we kill off the liberals who screwwed business over ,, You want to build a plant In china --HEY No Problem -River in the way hey we move the river for you .. I have seen Bamboo on one office building and steel scaffold on another -Seems bamboo worked well for 10,000 years I wonder if it was OSHA approved..
I tell people Id expand My bullet casting business ..Hire 2=3 workers to cast bullets all day ,,Id buy raw materials and sell them on the web-- They are ears Up until the tell them how fast the EPA would phukk that idea up==workers and LEAD hahahah surely you jest !! I could have bullets cast in china and sell them here on the web easier!
randy762ak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 21:55   #9
neilemore
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 18472
If it's not made in Arizona I do not
need it.If it's made in Arizona I don't care how much it costs. lmao Or better yet if its not made in this county....
neilemore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 22:07   #10
JasonB
Banned

FALaholic #: 7430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott V2 View Post
Mandating that all SE Asian similar area goods be manufactured to the same quality level as US/European/Australian/Japanese goods would kill it all off because the price(in most instances) would be the same.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 22:10   #11
JasonB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy762ak View Post

EXACTLY why all your jobs left -Farking EPA-the home of the 60's hippies who wore combat boots and protested the nam war and spit on returning service personal -NO republican works at the EPA they have been purged for years ... I remember when used waste oil was valuable and they reclaimer would pay .25 cents a gal =NOW EPA made it a hazardous waste product and it COST .25 cents a gal to have safety clean suck it out of the tank ... stick the epa Up your catalic converter !!

Business will return when we kill off the liberals who screwwed business over ,, You want to build a plant In china --HEY No Problem -River in the way hey we move the river for you .. I have seen Bamboo on one office building and steel scaffold on another -Seems bamboo worked well for 10,000 years I wonder if it was OSHA approved..
I tell people Id expand My bullet casting business ..Hire 2=3 workers to cast bullets all day ,,Id buy raw materials and sell them on the web-- They are ears Up until the tell them how fast the EPA would phukk that idea up==workers and LEAD hahahah surely you jest !! I could have bullets cast in china and sell them here on the web easier!
I would be in favor of axing EPA and simply charging people who's activities fall over on to the property of others with trespassing same as anyone lower on the totem pole would get.
Old December 12, 2012, 23:48   #12
BlackgunCO
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

Not all jobs have left this continent because of labor unions or EPA regs. I raced cars for years. Almost everything for race cars was made in small factories and shops in the US. Once the devision I raced in grew and became a large money maker series, a lot of the parts started being made in China. This all happened in the last 10 yrs. Most of the parts involved little to no EPA or unions. Big business got involved and wanted to make more profit. Pretty straight forward. Same deal with killing unions or avoiding EPA regs. Big companies pay less in overhead, kill US jobs, and make more profit. The reason they make more, is they charge the same and we keep buying it. STOP BUYING IT! They will respond. And CE, guess you would rather support a Communist, totalitarian regime than a US worker. Something wrong with that picture. Go move to China if that is what you want. No unions to worry about over there.
Old December 13, 2012, 00:34   #13
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
My top 5
1. Ship all illegal aliens home
2. Eliminate corporate taxes
3. Flat tax of 7% for every one
4. Fully develop USA oil, gas, nuke energy
5. Make all states right to work and get rid of public unions
6. Wild turkey for all
0302 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2012, 11:52   #14
neilemore
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
My top 5
1. Ship all illegal aliens home
2. Eliminate corporate taxes
3. Flat tax of 7% for every one
4. Fully develop USA oil, gas, nuke energy
5. Make all states right to work and get rid of public unions
6. Wild turkey for all
+1
neilemore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2012, 12:38   #15
BlackgunCO
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

I would increase flat tax to 10% and have a fair tax on goods. Should exclude food and medicine. Wouldn't generate enough revenue to support our infrastructure unless some drastic spending cuts are made somewhere. Question is, where is best to cut spending
Old December 13, 2012, 16:42   #16
pmf
Registered

FALaholic #: 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackgunCO View Post
I just wrote a letter to a company explaining why I would not buy their product anymore. This company was making the item in the US last year. I checked the label recently and now it is made in China. I told them they lost a customer to another brand that is made in the US. If we all do this then they will have to listen or go out of business. I will do this for any product that has recently switched production overseas that I can find. Oh yeah, just got my Stan Ray painter's pants. They seem a little on the thin side, but have tripple stitching on all the stress areas and main seams. They also fit well. Took a while to get but happy with them. US made and $35.
It has always puzzled me that everything that's made over there prominantly has MADE IN CHINA stamped on it in some easily seen place. Don't those people know that we equate those words to poor quality crap?
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2012, 16:48   #17
Scott V2
Registered

FALaholic #: 10082
Don't take my post as being for the EPA. I have personally seen some of my coal plant accounts get closed up because of the EPA. I have industrial products that can no longer be sold because if you "huff" them in California you might die. I am tired of tree hugging faggots running this country.
Old December 13, 2012, 17:02   #18
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
We have had so many things Banned By the EPA at the Store where I work,, Paint[the good stuff] Now Brass fittings -Yeaaaa! Brass fittings like you would use to Hook up a shower-Seems some have small amounts of --Lead In them,,, OMG---!! the country has gone nuts,,First they Ban asbestos--OK Thats a good thing,But every year they ban more and more Now Its gotten to the point they have to mess with small plumbing fittings to keep there Jobs up to snuff.. They need to go!!!

I Know about the buggy whip guy fading away-BUT remember 20-30- years ago-You had millions of small fix it shops where the guy [Or lady] would fix it,Be it a bicycle-Dress-TV-Fridge-washing machine= Now things are made UN repairable =So those jobs are gone!!
randy762ak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2012, 17:11   #19
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
6. Wild turkey for all
Now, that's a sensible idea I can get behind!
Old December 13, 2012, 19:35   #20
jugrunner
restless
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ce View Post
I buy everything I can that's made in China, that way I know it hasn't been soiled by a labor union.

Well, except maybe the Teamsters. And the Longshoremen. And the retail workers.

Damn leeches get their shithooks in everything.

you got it my friend ... !!! ... even Education (LOL) if you want to call it that ... they control the large cities in the country now ... but not in the South ... Right to work States here ya know ...

times are changing ... I hope

"Remember man as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I. As I am now, so you shall be. Prepare for death and follow me."

one of the proud "unwashed" ...
jugrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012, 00:06   #21
Phal-US
Registered

FALaholic #: 401
Picture Big Buisness, Consumers, Unions.

Picture two guys, one girl.

Consumers and girl are both geting raped by one and sodomized by the other.

" There once was a girl named Alice..."
Phal-US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012, 12:54   #22
BlackgunCO
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

The consummer is the one with the real power. If we stop buying from companies that are doing shitty things they would listen. Seems like things just change over without noticing. Same look. Same price. Just have to look at the fine print on the labels to know that production has shifted overseas.
Old December 14, 2012, 15:13   #23
ltpro
Registered

FALaholic #: 67580

1 - end the Fed

2 - arrest ALL the criminals that have been running the country since JFK's head was blown up .

3 - Flat tax with ZERO loop holes for everyone
ltpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012, 19:36   #24
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
I will hold my breath until everything is otay
0302 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2012, 01:23   #25
quicksand
Registered

FALaholic #: 13329
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackgunCO View Post
I would increase flat tax to 10% and have a fair tax on goods. Should exclude food and medicine. Wouldn't generate enough revenue to support our infrastructure unless some drastic spending cuts are made somewhere. Question is, where is best to cut spending
"Fair Tax" is a bad idea, why anybody would want the government to have another way to tax is beyond me.

Once that door is opened it will never be closed.
quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2012, 06:17   #26
riffraff2
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 54720
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
"Fair Tax" is a bad idea, why anybody would want the government to have another way to tax is beyond me.

National Sales tax is a GOOD idea, but only if the Federal Income tax is abolished. Like you say though, what will probably happen is they implement a national sales tax AND KEEP the Federal Income tax.
riffraff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2012, 22:32   #27
STG_58_guy
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Most "job" loss since the 1960's has been due to automation, not exportation. Most of the exported jobs really sucked anyway. I like buying American though.

So look at the bright side. Some poor SOB in China is working 70 hours a week at $10 per day to make you cheap stuff. To achieve this, the Chinese are consuming their natural resources, mowing down entire mountains, polluting their rivers and air, flooding valleys of farm land for hydro power, and generally making a mess of their country. In return, we send them dollars, which our government currently creates at a rate of $85 billion a month. Hell, we don't even bother to print the paper. The money is created out of thin air electronically (through treasury bill and bond auctions by the Federal Reserve). If you think about it, it is a hell of a scam, trading imaginary money for real goods and services. It's working on the Saudis too, only we get their oil.

Look out though, eventually the Chinese and Saudis are going to want to buy something with their dollars besides treasury bills.

STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2012, 11:46   #28
JasonB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffraff2 View Post
National Sales tax is a GOOD idea, but only if the Federal Income tax is abolished. Like you say though, what will probably happen is they implement a national sales tax AND KEEP the Federal Income tax.
What was wrong with how the federal government acquired funding prior to the income tax? It wasn't a national sales tax.
Old December 16, 2012, 15:26   #29
riffraff2
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 54720
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
What was wrong with how the federal government acquired funding prior to the income tax? It wasn't a national sales tax.
I have no argument with that. I agree completly.

The gubmint is to big and we are taxed to much.
riffraff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2012, 19:44   #30
MK ULTRA
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksand View Post

If fair tax is inacted the other federal taxes will be dropped. It's not an additional tax it will be the ONLY tax.

You pay in on NEW things you buy, Cars, boats, guns, houses, motorcycles, etc.

It would be a great thing. If you didn't buy anything NEW you would not pay any tax. Can you imagine not paying any federal tax or minimal tax in a year??

MK ULTRA.....OUT.....

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Statesman and Inventor: 1759

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.....
MK ULTRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2012, 21:13   #31
quicksand
Registered

FALaholic #: 13329
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK ULTRA View Post
If fair tax is inacted the other federal taxes will be dropped. It's not an additional tax it will be the ONLY tax.

You pay in on NEW things you buy, Cars, boats, guns, houses, motorcycles, etc.

It would be a great thing. If you didn't buy anything NEW you would not pay any tax. Can you imagine not paying any federal tax or minimal tax in a year??
The thing is the Income tax will not be dropped.

Eventually they may get a national sales tax and they will do so by claiming the benefits that you state, plus they will claim that it will allow for a lower income tax rate.

Once this is done they will be able to tax both ways.

I don't trust giving the government any new powers to tax.
quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote