The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old October 03, 2018, 17:27   #1
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
Saw something today that made me think

This afternoon I went to Arby's for a late lunch. While chowing down I see three county deputy sheriff's in street clothes walk in. Each has his issue Glock 22 .40 in a kydex style holster and next to it was the badge.

Not an usual sight around here because all off duty LEO's in this area carry their handgun and badge openly while in street clothes. But what really caught my attention was that all three of these deputies were grossly overweight. I am talking beer bellies extending several inches over their belts. I think that it would be safe to say that if they were required to foot chase some bad guy that he wouldn't have too much trouble getting away. I guess that the county sheriff's department doesn't concern itself with physical abilities past a certain age.....

As a 49 year old federal corrections officer I kept myself in good shape right up to the day I retired. I weighed 165 pounds and worked out six days a week at the prison's physical fitness center. The warden made the use of this center available to all of the local LEA's as a gesture of good will. I recall seeing at most four LEO's ever using it. I guess going to the Dunkin' Donuts shop had priority.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 03, 2018, 19:56   #2
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Your observation correlate closely with mine, although I am a civilian ( albeit with an interest in and general support of my local LEOs ).

I can see a foot chasse as being a very likely prelude to a coronary, or at the very least an escaped supect. I'd like to think that if I were a middle aged LEO I'd be damned concerned about staying in shape if for no other reason that to help ensure my survival.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 03, 2018, 21:19   #3
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
Mmmm.... doughnuts. Bear claws are my favorite.

Forget all the Leo's you run across that do take care of themselves. That is unremarkable and gains little to no attention, or respect.

Someone observes three fat officers in public, likely desk sergeants riding their time into the sunset, and all LEOs are fat slobs.

... and so the story goes.

Hopefully that occasional bear claw doesn't slow me down... hasn't this far, just ran 1.5 miles in 9:46. Not bad for a 6'3" 220 lb. 40 year old. I won't brag about the push-up, sit-up and pull up test.... quite a few of my peers gave me a run for my money. Bend and reach test didn't go so well, I'll blame 20 years as an infantry grunt for my stiff back and hip joints.

I think I'll chase my bear claw down with an apple fritter.
Old October 03, 2018, 21:52   #4
Retired Bum
Registered

^^^^^^

Well isn't that just peachy keen.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Old October 03, 2018, 22:05   #5
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Walk into a BBQ joint with some of Houston's finest in. I wonder how they tote that damn leather batman utility belt around

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2018, 01:24   #6
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Feel the Love.

Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2018, 05:30   #7
sweetwine
Registered

FALaholic #: 21594
I've always notice the Firemen are always in better shape than the cops.
sweetwine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2018, 05:40   #8
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
This country is split:
urban / rural
left / right
white / unwhite
fit / unfit
on SSRI's / off SSRI's
impoverished / affluent
dumb / dumber
native / interloper
active / sedentary
producers / takers
GLOCK / 1911
beans / no beans

Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2018, 07:14   #9
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
A reckoning is coming.

I reckon.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2018, 10:08   #10
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetwine View Post
Well hell, when 90% of their shift (often multiple day blocks) is spent training, I would hope so!

They eat well too!

Not a bad life, other than the other 10% is spent risking their life, beating the hell out their bodies, all while repeatedly watching peoples' lives crash in on them in heart crushing ways.

Just like law enforcement, it isn't for everyone.
Old October 04, 2018, 11:27   #11
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
Well hell, when 90% of their shift (often multiple day blocks) is spent training, I would hope so!

They eat well too!

Not a bad life, other than the other 10% is spent risking their life, beating the hell out their bodies, all while repeatedly watching peoples' lives crash in on them in heart crushing ways.

Interestingly though FD guys seem to have far greater general stability than LE

This cuts across through alcoholism, marital horseshit, substance abuse, etc
FD and EMTs seem far happier folks in general & I do kinda understand why that is

It's just different work cultures and how the general public regards them

I had to shake my head this summer
the local FD, EMTs and PD pit on their annual meet & greet public picnic
just throngs of youngsters around the FD and Emergency guys & gals
nary a one was over at the cop displays and we currently have great guys in the PD here. I felt kinda bad for them.

The marital issues have much to do with the kind of gals attracted to "uniforms". It's kind of similar to Top Gun with an expectation of a heavily Male dominated home.
Read...CRAZY BITCHES Galore.

I'm certain you are well aware how many retirees end up eating a gun among career prison guards. City I once resided in had a Federal camp. We had a bunch of retired BOP folks suicide shortly post leaving the service, all rank & file guys. One decent solid old guy I drank with figured most couldn't deal with loss of authority combined with the truth they were generally loathed even by Cops
has to suck badly...
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2018, 11:58   #12
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
Interestingly though FD guys seem to have far greater general stability than LE

This cuts across through alcoholism, marital horseshit, substance abuse, etc
FD and EMTs seem far happier folks in general & I do kinda understand why that is

It's just different work cultures and how the general public regards them

I had to shake my head this summer
the local FD, EMTs and PD pit on their annual meet & greet public picnic
just throngs of youngsters around the FD and Emergency guys & gals
nary a one was over at the cop displays and we currently have great guys in the PD here. I felt kinda bad for them.

The marital issues have much to do with the kind of gals attracted to "uniforms". It's kind of similar to Top Gun with an expectation of a heavily Male dominated home.
Read...CRAZY BITCHES Galore.

I'm certain you are well aware how many retirees end up eating a gun among career prison guards. City I once resided in had a Federal camp. We had a bunch of retired BOP folks suicide shortly post leaving the service, all rank & file guys. One decent solid old guy I drank with figured most couldn't deal with loss of authority combined with the truth they were generally loathed even by Cops
has to suck badly...
You observations reflect how society tends to paint law enforcement with a VERY broad paint brush.

For example, within just one (of five) counties that I work, we have multiple departments, from State, County (north and south), and least a half dozen separate city agencies... some of the smaller po-dunk townships have their own interesting interpretations of what constitutes a law enforcement officer (another topic all together). Each department has their own culture, polices, levels of professionalism and oversight.

I am very aware of tribulations regarding state and federal prison guards. A lot of these guys wind up becoming a product of their environment. I used to work out at a gym utilized by the state and federal prison guards, which was right next my old post. Aside from a couple individuals, I found that most of the guards where folks I prefer to keep at arm distance. I wouldn't choose to be a prison guard for a million dollars per year. I strive for more positive interactions than negative in my life, as well as my job. Again, it isn't for everyone.

Last edited by lockjaw; October 04, 2018 at 12:19.
lockjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2018, 16:56   #13
Retired Bum
Registered

When I hired in with the Federal Bureau of Prisons the standing joke was that you work for 20 or more years, retire, and then die within two years. The sad thing was that it did happen often enough to be true.

I never knew a BOP retiree that committed suicide. But during my time there were at least six staff members at the prison who ate their gun.

The official position of the BOP was that there was no such thing as "stress". The reason for this was that the gov't didn't want to be paying out medical retirement pensions for stress. Every year at our annual training sessions the staff headshrinker would repeat that mental stress didn't exist. Just toeing the gov't line....

Then the BOP started hiring female correctional officers to work in maximum security prisons. All of the sudden stress became real. But only for the female sex you understand.....

And so it goes and I have been going for almost 23 years after retirement.

The Retired One
Old October 04, 2018, 19:30   #14
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
Feel the Love.

Old October 04, 2018, 22:52   #15
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Bum View Post
When I hired in with the Federal Bureau of Prisons the standing joke was that you work for 20 or more years, retire, and then die within two years. The sad thing was that it did happen often enough to be true.

I never knew a BOP retiree that committed suicide. But during my time there were at least six staff members at the prison who ate their gun.

The official position of the BOP was that there was no such thing as "stress". The reason for this was that the gov't didn't want to be paying out medical retirement pensions for stress. Every year at our annual training sessions the staff headshrinker would repeat that mental stress didn't exist. Just toeing the gov't line....

Then the BOP started hiring female correctional officers to work in maximum security prisons. All of the sudden stress became real. But only for the female sex you understand.....

And so it goes and I have been going for almost 23 years after retirement.

The Retired One
LOL !

Here in MN the union fought tooth & nail to prevent female guards initially

Then one fine day a wise Man pointed out, Hey...at least they won't be ass raping us during riots !

Heard funny stories from State and Federal guys regarding wimmin "Guards"
Many are lezbos, some just are attention mongrels into miles of dick
Old October 05, 2018, 02:38   #16
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Quote:
Mmmm.... doughnuts. Bear claws are my favorite.

Forget all the Leo's you run across that do take care of themselves. That is unremarkable and gains little to no attention, or respect.

Someone observes three fat officers in public, likely desk sergeants riding their time into the sunset, and all LEOs are fat slobs.

... and so the story goes.

I'm a First Responder\Vol Fire Fighter.
As such I have met all the LEO In my area.

In my county out of the Sheriff's department and state troopers (which is unusual, JMHO) There is ONE who isn't overweight.
Old October 05, 2018, 11:27   #17
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
Quote:
I dunno. There's some big mofos in my AO. NFPA tracks firefighter fatalities. Most common cause of death is heart attacks while at a working fire.
Larry
Old October 06, 2018, 22:27   #18
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
I'm a First Responder\Vol Fire Fighter.
As such I have met all the LEO In my area.

In my county out of the Sheriff's department and state troopers (which is unusual, JMHO) There is ONE who isn't overweight.
I tried out for a neighboring volunteer fire department. I was disqualified, for despite being 220 lbs, I was woefully underweight for duty unless I was 5'6". I could get a waver if I was too young to grow facial hair... being a volunteer fire fighter has it's perks, as it allows kids to run "code red" with flashing lights when they are running late for their community college classes. My truck only has a 2" suspension lift, which does not meet the mandatory lift of 6", though you can get a waiver if your truck was a spring over with stock springs and hockey pucks used for a body lift. I also don't drink Bush or Natural Light beer, a definite no-go.

I just want to clarify that I am "mostly" joking.

Last edited by lockjaw; October 07, 2018 at 00:16.
Old October 07, 2018, 14:45   #19
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
I have noticed this myself.
Old October 07, 2018, 18:55   #20
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Yes a wide brush but in my opinion it fits. Cops refuse to change and because they won't try are doomed to face the consequences. 330 million people in the USA and 340 million guns yet the cops behavior makes a lot of enemies. When the trust is gone the cops don't just fight the bad guys but lose support of the good guys.
Old October 07, 2018, 21:06   #21
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Yes a wide brush but in my opinion it fits. Cops refuse to change and because they won't try are doomed to face the consequences. 330 million people in the USA and 340 million guns yet the cops behavior makes a lot of enemies. When the trust is gone the cops don't just fight the bad guys but lose support of the good guys.
Yes, we know... blah blah blah. Cops are evil. You vomit the same shit over and over again. Yawn.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wish we had Krispy Kreme on my side of the state. So far they are only in the Detroit area. We finally landed Chik-a-Filet, there is hope.

Last edited by lockjaw; October 07, 2018 at 21:14.
Old October 07, 2018, 22:02   #22
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Yes, we know... blah blah blah. Cops are evil. You vomit the same shit over and over again. Yawn.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wish we had Krispy Kreme on my side of the state. So far they are only in the Detroit area. We finally landed Chik-a-Filet, there is hope.

Not evil just dumb and stuck in a rut while unable to heal themselves. They love themselves too much to grow out of what they have become, tools.
Old October 07, 2018, 22:55   #23
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Not evil just dumb and stuck in a rut while unable to heal themselves. They love themselves too much to grow out of what they have become, tools.
You forgot doughnuts.....
Old October 07, 2018, 23:53   #24
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Well,,,
I'll say that at least 95% of the officers I see in my travels of the local area....that includes 2 counties, and 4 municipalities, have very fit people wearing the uniforms..
Old October 08, 2018, 07:17   #25
Ted Kennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77365
Quote:
You observations reflect how society tends to paint law enforcement with a VERY broad paint brush.
Aaah, society does do that. Or, think about the average person's interaction with A. a fireman, and B. a cop.

A. Is called to help, risks life and limb, and doesn't steal property or kidnap anyone in the name of the King.

B. Is the guy just over the hill with radar ready to write a 200 dollar ticket for 50 in a 45 coming in to town, and ready with lots of questions..."where are you headed?", "why so fast?", "where did you come from?", "mind if I take a look?"

As for the "3 fat cops" possibly not being an accurate example, just head down to the local courthouse and see for yourself. Take a notepad, write down how many fat/fit LEOs you see. Be ready to answer questions about why you're taking notes on them, though. For folks that like to get in to everyone else's business, they really don't like serfs gathering information about them, lol.
Ted Kennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2018, 08:51   #26
Raggedwhole!
Registered

FALaholic #: 74227
Fat and out of shape doesn't matter. They have radios and dogs that can run damn fast. I work out. For the vagina factor. It works.
Raggedwhole! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2018, 09:01   #27
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kennedy View Post
Aaah, society does do that. Or, think about the average person's interaction with A. a fireman, and B. a cop.

A. Is called to help, risks life and limb, and doesn't steal property or kidnap anyone in the name of the King.

B. Is the guy just over the hill with radar ready to write a 200 dollar ticket for 50 in a 45 coming in to town, and ready with lots of questions..."where are you headed?", "why so fast?", "where did you come from?", "mind if I take a look?"

As for the "3 fat cops" possibly not being an accurate example, just head down to the local courthouse and see for yourself. Take a notepad, write down how many fat/fit LEOs you see. Be ready to answer questions about why you're taking notes on them, though. For folks that like to get in to everyone else's business, they really don't like serfs gathering information about them, lol.
In regard to choices A and B, this highlights exactly what the entire dialogue of this thread was about. Highlighting the extreme examples, ignoring everything in between because it cannot be sensationalized. Par the course for today's society, no?

I frequent one of three courts, at least once per week (there are a couple others I end up in less frequently). All three courts service state, county and local agencies that fall within their district. I can say with 100% certainty that the majority of the officers are significantly more fit than your average American. SIGNIFICANTLY. Are there some departments that have more overweight cops than others. Absolutely. Three of the four "deputies" in Podunkville are overweight, but that barely computes against the one or two overweight (...and not what I consider "fat") cops out of 20 +/- officers in the neighboring township. Of course, if a person rarely leaves Podunkville and only see three of four local fat cops in their trailer park on a regular basis, they believe all cops are fat. To top it off, they get pulled over for speeding through a school zone on their weekly trip to Wal-Mart. They get mad because they were written for 5 mph over, but should have been written for 12 over in a school zone. They also don't understand why the officer asks questions through the pine tree forest hanging from the car's rear view mirror and carry handles... the same car driving though a school zone. Bad cop, BAD!

In regard to your last comment. If I walked onto a large gov't contracted job site as a plains clothes civilian, while intentionally making myself visible hoping to incite a confrontation, while taking notes on how many fat workers I encountered, I would get my ass kicked. The cops would be called to save my stupid ass.

Most people wouldn't find it acceptable for a civilian to treat a police officer in the same manner, or act like this in an forum, especially at a court house. That is not the norm. Take int account the very real and tangible terrorist threats that are perpetually being made against our Country and government, these actions are are a legitimate reason for further inquiry. Forget folks who would love to retaliate against those criminals that wronged them... police have to protect the bad guys as well.

Oh yeah.... it isn't uncommon for people to make observations and take notes at court houses and other government buildings. People do it all the time, from the Cop Block types to college kids. If they are cordial with security, tell them why they are their and what their activities may be, they are left alone to go about their business. It is entertaining watching the Cop Block types reactions to being ignored entirely when all they want is confrontation.

Last edited by lockjaw; October 08, 2018 at 09:11.
Old October 08, 2018, 09:11   #28
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:

Oh yeah.... it isn't uncommon for people to make observations and take notes at court houses and other government buildings. People do it all the time, from the Cop Block types to college kids. If they are cordial with security, tell them why they are their and what their activities may be, they are left alone to go about their business. It is entertaining watching the Cop Block types reactions to being ignored entirely when all they want is confrontation.
Not sure why anyone wants a confrontation. Most of us just want to be left alone.

Of course, a significant number of us also resent laws favoring the State's guards having qualified immunity, and the ability to infringe on civil rights. (even if it's a temporary infringement)

And yes, y'all have to protect the bad guys from decent folks, and enforce whatever laws the State deems just. Thanks for your service.
Old October 08, 2018, 11:18   #29
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
You forgot doughnuts.....
why they stuff them fat pills in their faces is to tell themselves how much in love with who they are. Sweet treats.

Oh and sorry if you guys feel like victims because the public is critical of your efforts. We do have that right since we give you guns and pay your wages. It may be too much to ask for you to do the best job you can and grow to be better as society changes. Have a nice day

Last edited by Bawana jim; October 08, 2018 at 11:42.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2018, 13:06   #30
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
why they stuff them fat pills in their faces is to tell themselves how much in love with who they are. Sweet treats.

Oh and sorry if you guys feel like victims because the public is critical of your efforts. We do have that right since we give you guns and pay your wages. It may be too much to ask for you to do the best job you can and grow to be better as society changes. Have a nice day
Absolutely not too much to ask! It should be expected, and the vast majority do. They do it because they care. They certainly don't do it for the $$$. Cheers.
Old October 08, 2018, 13:43   #31
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Absolutely not too much to ask! It should be expected, and the vast majority do. They do it because they care. They certainly don't do it for the $$$. Cheers.
When the power to kill people under the law is entrusted to you then you should live up to that trust. Watched Trump in Florida talking to the cops there, it would be a shame after so much support from him to let him down.
Old October 08, 2018, 17:42   #32
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
When the power to kill people under the law is entrusted to you then you should live up to that trust. Watched Trump in Florida talking to the cops there, it would be a shame after so much support from him to let him down.
Ha ha... O.K. man. Got it. Have a good one.

Eat a doughnut. It'll make you feel better.
Old October 09, 2018, 00:22   #33
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

Quote:
I tried out for a neighboring volunteer fire department. I was disqualified, for despite being 220 lbs, I was woefully underweight for duty unless I was 5'6". I could get a waver if I was too young to grow facial hair... being a volunteer fire fighter has it's perks, as it allows kids to run "code red" with flashing lights when they are running late for their community college classes. My truck only has a 2" suspension lift, which does not meet the mandatory lift of 6", though you can get a waiver if your truck was a spring over with stock springs and hockey pucks used for a body lift. I also don't drink Bush or Natural Light beer, a definite no-go.

I just want to clarify that I am "mostly" joking.

There are those.

3+ years and I have yet to put lights on my POV.
Fire chief finally did after a few decades.

18+

Etc

It was a way to not be a 'moverinner'
Old October 19, 2018, 15:59   #34
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Quote:

Some are, but just like the LEOs, most likely are not. I think it depends upon how professional each department is as well as the individual officer or firefighter. In the case of the Fire Service, multiple departments have attempted to institute physical fitness requirements for their personnel only to have them struck down as "discriminatory" by some judge. The largest percentage of firefighters killed in the line of duty occur due to heart attacks. Second is vehicle accidents.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2018, 15:23   #35
Bertellione
Registered

FALaholic #: 66658
Quote:

They eat well too!

Ok I get that it sucks to see children die or other horific scenarios. I do have to call BS on 10% of their time risking their life lmao. The number of cops that spend 10% of their carrier risking their life I'd be willing to bet can be counted on one hand spanning all of mankind. I would believe 10% of their time harassing or abusing their given authority is much more accurate. I'm not saying that the 10% is for all but defiantly an average that is much easier to swallow.
Old October 24, 2018, 13:31   #36
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
I've seen guys in a nearby county's sheriff's office wearing what had to be 3X BDUs

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2018, 10:34   #37
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
Your observation correlate closely with mine, although I am a civilian
Brother J. Armstong: I didn't think you were in the military. I used to be the USMC, but now I'm a civilian again, just liked all cops.

Cops are civilians. It is the marxist media that calls them something else. They are not, and never will be soldiers or the military, not as long as we hold to The Constitution.

Don't anybody get their panties all in a wad. My Dad was LEO for over 20 years and I have plenty friends and family in LEO. I could tell you some stories about the po-po .

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2018, 10:47   #38
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
A 26-year-old woman was arrested and charged with assault after she “intentionally released her bowels in an upward motion” at a Madison County sheriff’s deputy who was attempting to arrest her on Friday evening.
Photo is what you'd expect to see.
https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/...218503585.html

Such a glamorous job...
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2018, 01:13   #39
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

When ya gotta go....
Old October 30, 2018, 06:23   #40
Ted Kennedy
Registered

I just spent the weekend in Washington, DC. There was a huge event going on, and lots and lots of DC police, many what I assume to be "tactical" units, complete with ARs and military garb.
As my Marine son and I walked past a group of them he asked "where can you even buy a bulletproof vest in that size?".
Good thing they have rifles....they dang sure ain't gonna chase anyone very far, lol.

There were plenty of Marine details along the route as well. Those guys were lean and mean, makes me proud to see them!
Old November 03, 2018, 17:17   #41
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Well I feel the need to toss this in the matrix

when you toss armor over a T shirt, a dress shirt then cover it with a tunic/jacket you end up looking like a chubby

I'm roughly 6'1 X 200#
not much blubber on me
at least one member who has met me described me as "skinny" on the Files
I throw a vest on under a jacket I look like a fatty

This gets exaggerated if you have a rounder face
us Men don't scan other males lower bodies, well at least not us heteros
we see other Men waist up if that

That said, yeah many LEOs are somewhat out of shape per BMI but you would need to be anorexic to not seem obese with 3/4" of armored padding on ones torso.