The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Daewoo Files

Notices

Old February 12, 2010, 12:29   #101
s0b3
Registered

FALaholic #: 22418
Re: Daewoo DR PG

jeepinjoe , can you take a pic of each grip with a dowel rod through the screw hole? i want to see how much off it is. i would test fit each one but i just moved and my firearms are all in storage at the moment. that's one reason i wanted a few testers to try them out. if you want, send it back and i'll swap you out.

were the screws too long or did they work ok for you? do you think they would work being a 1/4" shorter?

thansk for the pics and feedback.
s0b3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2010, 12:38   #102
s0b3
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by fnbest I got it! Very good job on the grip. looks great, fit to frame perfect. Now for the bad news. the screw hole angle is off, not much but off. The screw is too long, I'll try another tomorrow. With the screw in place, the grip has a 3/16" gap at the rear, between the Stormwerkz stock adapter and grip. Another gap in the front of the grip and woo frame about 1/16". I think both gaps are caused by the grip screw hole angle. Sorry no pictures-- the camera money went for ammo.
got an email from fnbest. so i think you guys will want to use a 2" screw. sounds like most are reporting it's a little too long. it's what the ace came with and i do remember it being a little longer than needed, that when installed it was touching the back of the grip.

so test fit these when you get them, if the angle is a little open, open it up a little with a drill bit. it won't affect how it attaches or how secure it fits. basically the bolt, lock washer and nut will keep it in place.

the molder told me there may be a little discrepancy in the screw hole. each one is made by hand.

if this is unacceptable to anyone on the list, just let me know and i won't hold you to it. it's an easy fix.
Old February 12, 2010, 13:20   #103
jeepinjoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 50986

s0b3, here are some pics of the grips. Couldn't find any dowels, but did have some chopsticks. The light colored chopstick (LCCS) fits the receiver perfectly. The dark colored chopsticks (DCCS) seems to be off by a little. Possibly a quick pass with a drill bit will make it fit perfect. A 2" bolt will probably work better as stated in earlier post. I hope this helps, Thanks Joe
jeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2010, 14:02   #104
s0b3
Registered

thanks for the pics. so i guess the hole needs to be moved to a more vertical position. it doesn't need to be exact and could actually be slotted since lateral movement isn't an issue since the grip and the receiver mate and the nut and bolt just tighten the 2 down.

if you don't mind, try it with a drill bit and let me know how that works out.
Old February 12, 2010, 20:42   #105
StormWerkz
Registered

FALaholic #: 20404
Whew ! I finally got my grip !!!
The thing looks damn good, will likely sell off the ACE grip that I had on the DR-200.
I need to change the angle of the hole by about 4 degrees and it will be perfect.
I wish we could see the setup showing how the molding process works.

Pics coming tomorrow

Thanks a lot s0b3 !!!
StormWerkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2010, 21:31   #106
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

FALaholic #: 392
Got mine! They look great!

One needed the hole relieved a little on the front of the hole. (it was off even more than the one jeepinjoe showed)
I used a 1/4 drill bit and just took a little material off the front side of the hole and only about 3/8" deep. You don't have to drill the entire length of the hole.
It took all of about 2 minutes.
These are nicer than I had hoped!

The bolt you sent just touches the inside of the grip, which isn't a problem.
You could use a bolt 1/4" shorter if you wanted.

Great job sOb3 Would have taken pics but it's snowing here and my camera doesn't take good pics inside.

Looks great on my DR200 with the Stormwerks adapter and Magpul CTR stock!

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51

Last edited by moses; February 12, 2010 at 21:42.
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2010, 10:48   #107
StormWerkz
Registered

I finally got some time to take some pics of the new grip.
I reused the socket cap screw and the nut with built in lock-washer from the ACE grip.
Overall pretty nice, fits as well as the ACE after a kiss with the 1/4" drill to straighten the bolt hole.
I think s0b3 deserves a couple of rounds at the watering hole

A little flash to be removed but not bad at all !

Old February 14, 2010, 16:02   #108
JayB
Registered

FALaholic #: 44632
dr pistol grip

Looks great! I'll take two of them.
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2010, 23:01   #109
s0b3
Registered

just got back online after a weekend without internet access. thanks for the pics and reviews. looks like there may need to be a little tweak with a drill bit with the hole. if you think you can handle that and are up to it, i'm ready to start taking orders.

if it's not something you want to do and are on the list, just let me know and i won't hold you guys to it. honestly, it looks like a real simple fitting.

fyi, i talked to the molder and the flashing can be cleaned up easily with a little steel wool. then hit it with you favorite gun oil and it'll match the rest of the grip. also if you wanted to change the color, you can sand it and paint it.

josh, your StormWerkz adapter looks like a perfect fit.

so i'm ready to start taking orders. EMAIL me your screenname and how you want to pay.

i can include a 2" bolt, nut and lock washer for $1 if you want me to get them for you.
Old February 14, 2010, 23:09   #110
StormWerkz
Registered

So just how many do you have left not spoken for?
Old February 14, 2010, 23:36   #111
s0b3
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by StormWerkz
So just how many do you have left not spoken for?
not sure yet. have had some people contact me saying they wanted one but haven't heard back. i'll know in a few days after people start contacting me.

i'll send you an email too.
Old February 15, 2010, 22:44   #112
fastprofessor
Registered

FALaholic #: 13254
I still want one. I just sent you an email with my info. Let me know where to send payment via email or PM.

My position is that anybody who's in favor of gun control is a fu**ing moron.---Jackie Mason
fastprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2010, 23:37   #113
aardq
Registered

FALaholic #: 18645
Final cost for 2 plus the shipping please. PM sent.

Thanks,
Dan
aardq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2010, 23:39   #114
s0b3
Registered

feedback from Derek at DRP.

Quote:
berd showed me his and I was really impressed by the smoothness of the part on the visible portions. The cutting doesn't look good in the pics, but installed the part...dare I say it...looks better than factory and head and shoulders above ACE.

Now, if I could only afford to buy a pile of them for the DRP store. Alas, there simply isn't any money to be made on them at these prices.

Good Luck on selling them all and THANKS THANKS THANKS for doing this.

D.
Old February 18, 2010, 13:59   #115
frtyfivsevnty
Registered

FALaholic #: 6367
They look great.Thanks for taking this project on.
Old February 19, 2010, 01:42   #116
IronSkegge
Registered

FALaholic #: 18129
My grip arrived today. It fits perfectly, and didn't require any adjustment. I am very pleased.

IronSkegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2010, 19:19   #117
boogie1
Registered

FALaholic #: 19607
I bought two and let me tell you.
s0b3 did a good job and is a very pleasant person to deal with.
Super fast shipping and the grips look and function fantastic.
boogie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2010, 21:32   #118
calsdad
Registered

FALaholic #: 39220
I also bought two. It's going to be a bit before I get a chance to actually mount them on the Daewoo's - but the quality of the grips is great.

s0b3 did do a great job on this and deserves a lot of kudos for getting these grips made, coordinating the buy - and getting everything shipped out to everybody.
calsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2010, 22:32   #119
fastprofessor
Registered

I received my grip yesterday and installed it in about 5 minutes. Mine fit perfectly and did not require any modification of the bolt hole. Thanks to sOb3 for setting this up and getting these grips molded. I had just about given up on being able to get a woo pistol grip since I had been waiting on ACE since last March. Also thanks to some of the other guys making parts for these rifles: Stormwerkz AR stock adapter, AZEX selector and flash hider.

My position is that anybody who's in favor of gun control is a fu**ing moron.---Jackie Mason
Old February 23, 2010, 17:16   #120
jugrunner
pondering
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
Outstanding Job on these !! ... they really look Great !!

I'm very tempted to throw the ACE grip in the trash and buy one of these !!

... Nice work s0b3 ...
Old February 23, 2010, 17:23   #121
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Jug since you were so nice to me I will gladly sell you one of the extra grips I got for $175 plus $40 shipping

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old February 23, 2010, 18:13   #122
s0b3
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by jugrunner
Outstanding Job on these !! ... they really look Great !!

I'm very tempted to throw the ACE grip in the trash and buy one of these !!

... Nice work s0b3 ...
thanks for all the praise guys. all i did was organize it. wish i could take credit but the molder takes the credit for doing the work.

i'm a project manager in my day job so this is something that i'm used to. coordinating projects and communicating. something i wish more sellers/vendors did. i would rather overcommunicate than undercommunicate.

i'm glad i as able to get it together for this group. looking forward to working on any future projects with you guys.
Old February 23, 2010, 19:12   #123
jugrunner
pondering
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
Quote:
Originally posted by moses
Jug since you were so nice to me I will gladly sell you one of the extra grips I got for $175 plus $40 shipping
LoL ... for as many times as I offered mine to you for $183.00 I guess I deserve that one !!

$40.00 shippin' seems a might high tho ... ...
Old February 25, 2010, 13:32   #124
FatCat
Registered

FALaholic #: 14854
Just received my grips. Took all of 5 minutes to install with no mods needed. The hardest part was holding the flashlight.

Thanks for taking up this project.

Now if I can just get the Ace folder to fold.

Might have to look at the Stormwerks adapter with a M4 setup. Hmmmmmm
FatCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2010, 14:54   #125
littlehoot
Registered

FALaholic #: 11432
Quote:
Originally posted by FatCat

Might have to look at the Stormwerks adapter with a M4 setup. Hmmmmmm [/B]
this is what i plan on doing, ace lost my vote when they dropped the ball on this
Old February 25, 2010, 16:06   #126
fastprofessor
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by littlehoot

this is what i plan on doing, ace lost my vote when they dropped the ball on this
Yep, that's what happened to me too. After being on an ACE waiting list for ~ 7 months, instead of getting someone else to mold their woo grips, they came out with that AR grip adapter and crappy looking ergo pistol grip. I decided to pass. Glad I did. Within a couple Months s0b3 found a guy to mold these woo grips up for us and I went with Stormwerkz for the AR buttstock adapter. I like the results much better than the ACE folder/AR ergo pistol grip combo that I had initially decided on.

Last edited by fastprofessor; February 25, 2010 at 19:39.
Old February 26, 2010, 21:44   #127
Karash
Registered

FALaholic #: 51239

I am not a very good picture taker, but here they are. All work done on the rifle was done by DRP/AZEX.

-K
Karash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2010, 23:54   #128
s0b3
Registered

Only a few left from people that opted out. I'll give ya guys a chance before i post the extras elsewhere.

Last edited by s0b3; February 27, 2010 at 11:19.
Old February 26, 2010, 23:54   #129
s0b3
Registered

doubletap

Last edited by s0b3; February 27, 2010 at 00:03.
Old February 27, 2010, 13:13   #130
Blaster
Registered

FALaholic #: 11913
Quote:
Originally posted by s0b3
Only a few left from people that opted out. I'll give ya guys a chance before i post the extras elsewhere.
sob3, I'll take one. Now just send me a PM or Email with payment instructions.
Thanks.
Blaster (Bob in So. CO)
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2010, 00:04   #131
JayB
Registered

FALaholic #: 44632
Daewoo grips

Received the grips, and they turned out just like everyone said. Don't have any pics, but will post them as soon as I get some time. To anyone thinking about buying one, you will not be disappointed.
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 02, 2010, 13:21   #132
h8pvmnt
Registered

FALaholic #: 19371
Received my Grips, they are awesome. Much nicer than the ACE grip i currently have on my DR200. I plan to install one today and will take some pictures. Thanks to Lionel for doing this.
h8pvmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 02, 2010, 17:58   #133
h8pvmnt
Registered

FALaholic #: 19371
Put the pistol grip on here are a few pictures, i was able to get the pistol grip cleaning kit right in, had to cut a little groove for the retainer wire. Fit is good the hole position is a little off but i did not do any fitting. The screw provided was perfect length. My DR 200 has a DRP charging handle, gas plug, scope mount and Flash hider, a Stormwerks Stock adapter, Ace Folder and the barrel was shortened at AZEX to 16".

h8pvmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 05, 2010, 13:11   #134
frtyfivsevnty
Registered

FALaholic #: 6367
Received mine today.Excellent product.Lionel is the man for getting these done!
Old March 05, 2010, 14:12   #135
littlehoot
Registered

FALaholic #: 11432
got mine, looks like no fitting will be required, thanks man!
Old March 05, 2010, 21:34   #136
br82722
Registered

FALaholic #: 33715
Got mine, thanks s0b3! Mine had a small hole on the front of the grip at the bottom of the trigger guard cut. No big deal, those edges were kind of sharp, and I have big hands, so...

I rounded the edges and roughed up the interior surface. I made a few dams with masking tape and clay, and filled the gap and hole with dyed epoxy. The flash makes the transitional areas stand out much more than they really do.

The green stuff on top of the epoxy is left-over clay dam.

It really is a nice grip, and I think s0b3 did a great job on getting these done. I could have used it as it was. However, it is more comfortable for me now.
br82722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 05, 2010, 22:04   #137
s0b3
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by br82722
Got mine, thanks s0b3! Mine had a small hole on the front of the grip at the bottom of the trigger guard cut. No big deal, those edges were kind of sharp, and I have big hands, so...

I rounded the edges and roughed up the interior surface. I made a few dams with masking tape and clay, and filled the gap and hole with dyed epoxy. The flash makes the transitional areas stand out much more than they really do.

The green stuff on top of the epoxy is left-over clay dam.

It really is a nice grip, and I think s0b3 did a great job on getting these done. I could have used it as it was. However, it is more comfortable for me now.
thanks, i'm glad you modded it and it works better. there were a few that had tiny holes from the molding process. a little black silicone rtv patches them right up. i asked the molder and he said that isn't an area where it would pose a problem, just aesthetics.

everyone that wanted one should have there's. waiting on 1 final payment.

thanks to everyone that got one. all in all, i think this process ran pretty smooth from concept to delivery. looking forward to working on more projects like this.
Old March 08, 2010, 19:22   #138
N4KVE
Registered

FALaholic #: 19120
I just got mine today. Looks great. It'll be a while till I get the adaptor to mount it, but I wanted to get the PG before they were all sold. I think it's amazing that Ace who has been selling these for years suddenly can't get them any more & blames the maker saying the mold is broken. Then Lionel comes along, finds someone who can get the job done, underwrites the whole project, & puts a smile on lots of faces. This man deserves a big THANKS from the Daewoo crowd. GARY N4KVE
N4KVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 09, 2010, 00:06   #139
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

J&T bought out Ace and I guess Ace didn't give them the Daewoo grip mold and J&T it seems was too lazy or didn't want to be hassled with doing it the right way.

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old March 10, 2010, 14:47   #140
shug
Registered

FALaholic #: 49867
Thumbs up

Mine fit great with no mods, using a Stormwerkz adapter and Ace skeleton stock.
Thanks again, S0B3 for helping all of us out!
shug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2010, 02:05   #141
s0b3
Registered

Everyone on the list that paid should have received there's by now. Still waiting on payment from ManedWolf. Thanks everyone for making this a smooth process. If the need arises again and I can assist, I'd be more than happy to work with everyone again. Just glad to know many postban woos now have updated furniture.
Old March 11, 2010, 16:54   #142
Blaster
Registered

FALaholic #: 11913
Got my new DAEWOO-200 pistol grip yesterday and installed it today. I am very happy/satisfied with it and fit perfectly. Thanks sOb3 for all your legwork on this project. We all appreciate it.
Blaster (Bob in So. CO)
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2010, 19:44   #143
s0b3
Registered

i've had a few people email me for some grips so i had the molder make a few more. let me know if any of you guys missed out or want another one.

thanks.
Old April 06, 2010, 21:22   #144
Buster H
Registered

FALaholic #: 31644
Got mine; looks great!

Thanks,

Buster

-The Last Argument of Kings

Last edited by Buster H; April 09, 2010 at 10:20.
Buster H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2010, 21:36   #145
fastprofessor
Registered

These are a great deal guys. If you have a woo and need a spare pistol grip, act now while they are available.

Old June 13, 2010, 21:35   #146
StormWerkz
Registered

So how many grips remain in your inventory?
Old June 13, 2010, 21:47   #147
s0b3
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by StormWerkz
So how many grips remain in your inventory?
Josh, thanks for sending Craig my way. I'm out currently. Got another batch on order. Since they've slowed down I'm just getting a few at a time.
Old June 13, 2010, 21:50   #148
StormWerkz
Registered

ok, there have been a few guys asking lately and thought I would check, I will continue to refer them to you.

-Josh
Old July 04, 2010, 23:16   #149
frontman83
Registered

FALaholic #: 54654
Put me down for one. I hope I'm not too late.
frontman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 05, 2010, 18:39   #150
s0b3
Registered

getting another batch done right now. didn't know there were so many woo fans out there. i'll post an update when they come in.