Yup!

https://practiscore.com/results/new/45023
beseventeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2017, 20:59   #152
beseventeen
Registered

FALaholic #: 75901
Ok so first things first

My friend won this in the raffle...and I traded him for it I was like brah, FALs have no meaning to you, freaking give me that will you!!!

Anyway.

So today was pretty much amazeballs. When I had the idea for this match a few months ago I could tell everyone in our gun club thought I was nuts. I had to really sell it at a meeting. I'm like...what do we have to lose guys, as long as like 10 people show up we break even....I don't know. I was annoyed they just didn't take me for my word that it would be awesome. LOL.

For our inaugural shoot we had 31 shooters. GUYS I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE MY FALFRIENDS THERE I CAN'T EVEN. Yeah I know I type like a teenage girl when I get excited but look I was like, super stoked to see you there.

I was legit in my element today. Surrounded by all of these lovely old rifles. Y'all...someone had a 41 Johnson there. WATTTTT. I got to hold it. *swoon*

I just put up a bunch of pics here. The page is public so you should be able to see:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/vintage2...87964128268712

Here was one of my fav stages....with the bayonet

Old October 14, 2017, 22:01   #153
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
If Tac wore a skirt PLEASE don't post the video!

You guys rock. I'm really sorry I missed this one - looks like a TON of fun!
Old October 15, 2017, 02:06   #154
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Great job, B17 - sounds like a bitchin' match!

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 05:11   #155
Infantry Marine
Registered

FALaholic #: 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by beseventeen View Post

I was legit in my element today. Surrounded by all of these lovely old rifles. Y'all...someone had a 41 Johnson there. WATTTTT. I got to hold it. *swoon*
Ha Ha!😆 That was so cool-Too funny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotengu View Post

There were quite a few FalFiler friends out there but it would have been great to see more. Itís always a treat to see the vintage stuff being employed.
Infantry Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 06:31   #156
beseventeen
Registered

FALaholic #: 75901
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Great job, B17 - sounds like a bitchin' match!
Thanks buddy. Are you close to Terry (ironsman) in OR? He mentioned maybe he might set up a match like this type out there.
Old October 15, 2017, 06:55   #157
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
K, I did not wear a skirt, but had on my sailor dungarees with a blue chambray shirt. But I did toy with the idea of wearing a kilt the next match.

The only things I will change for the next match are the weapons I will use. While my Victory .38 was fun to shoot and period correct, quick reloads were not in the cards. Speed loaders won't fit unless the pistol is modified (bad) or care taken to not pull the rounds out when removing it (slow). The carbine was fun to shoot and there were several there. But it was sometimes difficult to determine steel hits with all the other battle sounds around me. So next match I will be using my Browning (1911 or Hi Power) and a manly sized rifle caliber. Positive indication of steel hits and quick reloads.

Thanks again Beseventeen for hosting a fantastic match. Glad you ended up with the mug and put is to good use.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr. USAF

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 11:12   #158
Infantry Marine
Registered

FALaholic #: 2410
WAVE shooting a US M1 Rifle with fixed bayonet. Epic video, absolutely epic. 😎
Infantry Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 14:25   #159
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotengu View Post
If Tac wore a skirt PLEASE don't post the video!

Wish you were there you were missed bro. We are actually driving past your town now. 5 or so hours driving behind me and 4 more to go. Just had a big Mexican lunch with a large Dos Equis Amber. Blondzilla gets do drive for an hour or so while I get my Sunday afternoon siesta
Old October 15, 2017, 14:58   #160
jcornss
Registered

FALaholic #: 37954
Easier solution....... Talk Shane into buying a FAL lol. He and I used to compete against each other quite often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beseventeen View Post
Ok so first things first

My friend won this in the raffle...and I traded him for it I was like brah, FALs have no meaning to you, freaking give me that will you!!!

Anyway.

So today was pretty much amazeballs. When I had the idea for this match a few months ago I could tell everyone in our gun club thought I was nuts. I had to really sell it at a meeting. I'm like...what do we have to lose guys, as long as like 10 people show up we break even....I don't know. I was annoyed they just didn't take me for my word that it would be awesome. LOL.

For our inaugural shoot we had 31 shooters. GUYS I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE MY FALFRIENDS THERE I CAN'T EVEN. Yeah I know I type like a teenage girl when I get excited but look I was like, super stoked to see you there.

I just put up a bunch of pics here. The page is public so you should be able to see:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/vintage2...87964128268712

Here was one of my fav stages....with the bayonet

jcornss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2017, 15:14   #161
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 69873

Old October 15, 2017, 15:45   #162
airground
Registered

FALaholic #: 4269
Hats off to PHA for putting this on...was literally a blast...even blew the target off the stand in one stage..lol

Off to clean the primary and the backup and enjoy a cold one...

Old Yesterday, 08:38   #163
Nathaniel01
Registered

FALaholic #: 72681
Thanks B17 and PHA for this fun match. It was great meeting other Files members. We were glad to meet Jack as well! Next year I hope to have 3 generations of shooters there. I showed Dad the thread & now he wants me to show him how his M1941 works- don't think he's ever fired it.
Nathaniel01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:20   #164
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel01 View Post
It was great meeting other Files members.
YUP, good meeting you too, plus airground and infantrymarine.
(and of course seeing you others I already know )

I may have missed some of you filers on our hurried exit saying good byes.

Our son & DIL who moved to Charlotte last April have been living in an apartment. They have decided they like the new jobs and new area and so on Wednesday last week they put a house under contract. As soon as I finished shooting my 5 stages, I left with them to meet with the realtor and see the new house.

Me and Blondzilla will be back next year and my now full time Charlotte son says he wants to shoot it too