The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old June 12, 2018, 09:36   #101
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
THIS KIND OF SHOWS HOW OLD MANY OF US HERE ARE:

Scenario 1: Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1970 Vice Principal comes over, looks a Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack...

2015 School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1970 Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2015 Police called and SWAT team arrives they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3: Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1970 Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good shouting by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2015 Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD... The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives screams at him.

1970 Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2015 Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1970 Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock..

2015 The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations... His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6: Pedro fails high school English.

1970 Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2015 Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist.. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher.. English is then banned from core curriculum.. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1970 Ants die.

2015 ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism.. The FBI investigates his parents and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1970 In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2015 Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy
Old June 12, 2018, 09:49   #102
NFADLR
Banned

FALaholic #: 7480
OK another situation...

Son gets his chicken nuggets out of toaster oven (we don't own a microwave oven by choice) asks how to shut it off...

I tell him turn center know counter clockwise to reduce draw on power so plug doesn't spark when pulled from wall.

He does not know what counter clock wise means.

As there are no standard or analog clocks anymore..
NFADLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2018, 09:56   #103
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
OK another situation...

Son gets his chicken nuggets out of toaster oven (we don't own a microwave oven by choice) asks how to shut it off...

I tell him turn center know counter clockwise to reduce draw on power so plug doesn't spark when pulled from wall.

He does not know what counter clock wise means.

As there are no standard or analog clocks anymore..
Doesn't CCW = carrying concealed weapon?

What is this wise clock of which you speak?

Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2018, 22:53   #104
George4
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5802
How old are you

Well of course I got them all and could add a couple more.
Will celebrate my 80th birthday, hopefully...in 2 weeks.
Old June 15, 2018, 08:03   #105
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by George4 View Post
Well of course I got them all and could add a couple more.
Will celebrate my 80th birthday, hopefully...in 2 weeks.
I can't believe you admitted that around here, folks will be calling dibs on your stuff today.

Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2018, 10:24   #106
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Thought I'd add one from personal experience:

1970's: School principle was a WW2 Vet. Solved problems himself around the school.

Now: School principle is a career administrator, left-wing political activist, and a woman. Files paperwork, brings in counselors, calls 'authorities'.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2018, 11:52   #107
catmguy445
Registered

FALaholic #: 50311
I turned 74 yesterday, and I remember all those things. I also remember when America was a great country right up until 1960 when Kennedy was elected. It's been going downhill ever since, with a short break when Ron Reagan was president.