The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old May 30, 2018, 17:49   #1
MOS11C
Registered

FALaholic #: 38594
AK Type Rifle LOVE....Anyone?

I have a sweet tooth for AK shit. In 30 years I have not been able to shake it. Still enjoy working with this thing.

-
-
-
Old May 30, 2018, 17:53   #2
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Had a few.

Until I discovered the FAL.
Old May 30, 2018, 18:22   #3
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Own 3 and a VZ58 and a .223 Galil. Always thought of building an AMD-65 and a pistol. Pick up Iannamicos' "The Grim Reaper" if you love AKs.

Old May 30, 2018, 18:23   #4
John Crusher
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 18663
I've got a 74 and 47.
Old May 30, 2018, 18:42   #5
chino*74
Registered

FALaholic #: 75409
Got a TGI import FEG AMD-65 & a nice original kit AK UF love em both...my 65 is set up for the apocalypse...red dot N all, the UF is barebones. If ever the SHTF either of em R good to go.
Old May 30, 2018, 18:44   #6
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
1st AK pattern rifle was a Valmet 62S tube stock. Came with close to 1K of Laupau ammo. Swapped a MINT S42 Parabellum and a hundred bucks to get into it back in the late 70s.

Totally spoiled me on AK series rifles
Back in the day even having something AK at shows was very controversial. Fuds would complain to promoters about that "Commie" rifle, we had to put it under the table along with our Interarms Maddi a few times

Shooting them in public was a challenge in the 70s
common to get some yokel to report you for a "Machinegun"

This changed in the mid 80s when the Chinese started pouring it all in
I'm still amazed folks, some anyways see Chinese AKs as quailty builds.
Early ones were, MAKs were just trash in my opinion.

Major differences in quality between the preban Mitchell imported Zastava built guns and those imported from the Balkans today which are still damn fine rifles.

Sadly, for a budget gun AKs are getting as expensive to get into as FALs
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2018, 19:51   #7
MK ULTRA
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 2382
MAK’s are hardly trash. They’re not as nice as a Valmet or a Galil. But there still some of the nicer Chinese made AK’s.

MK ULTRA.....OUT.....

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Statesman and Inventor: 1759

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.....
MK ULTRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2018, 20:15   #8
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK ULTRA View Post
MAK’s are hardly trash. They’re not as nice as a Valmet or a Galil. But there still some of the nicer Chinese made AK’s.
Agreed. I've had a couple of MAKs and one BWK92. Two were debanned and were great shooters, solid, and had the best factory AK triggers I've ever used.
Old May 30, 2018, 20:24   #9
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
I "acquired" my first AK in 1966 in Vietnam. It was a milled receiver model made in China with the date 1966 stamped on it. It had a decent blued finish for a military weapon but the usual cheap Asian wood furniture.

Then it was confiscated from me and ended up on the wall of the officer's club. Oh well, I didn't have much in it anyway. Just two pints of Canadian Club whisky.....

I have owned two of the MAK-90's. Both were purchased new back when it was legal to import firearms and ammo from China. I still have one and several cases of Russian made Wolf ammo. Haven't shot it in years. Maybe it is time to burn off some of that Wolf ammo that I paid $100 for a 1000 round case....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2018, 20:51   #10
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK ULTRA View Post
meh'

We were buying and selling back then

Some reality

Two groups of Chinese guns
Polytech and Norinco
not really individual entities

Pre Bush ban/922R Polys were better QC, afterwards...not so much.
China knowing Clintong was going to hit the arms trade hard pumped up production. QC went to absolute shit
the last arriving often had unhardened ejectors and poor spot welding of the rails. Seen this in customer guns well before Algore invented the internets.

None of the pre MAK series rifles had these issues
owned several 84S Norincos, a number of AKS guns
MAKs ?
I debanned them with military wood and rolled them
same with Maddi RMLs, etc

Guys my age never saw any MAK90 as quality, neutered crap
Old May 30, 2018, 22:11   #11
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
sold all of mine, but shoot x39 in my AR's

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Has freedom been replaced with Free-Dumb.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2018, 22:16   #12
sniperdoc
Registered

FALaholic #: 80483
Love them! I have a Romy, a Mini Draco, and a 556 Galil.
I've owned a Mak90,a Maadi, and a few others.
sniperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2018, 23:24   #13
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
A few years back I bought a WASR10 because the price was right, year later bought another locally because the price was really right (needed the magwell dremeled for about 30 seconds) They both run good and fairly accurate (Minute of torso at 200), Then bought an AES10B locally, Fun guns that shoot better than most think. Snaffled up a bunch of cheap working mags for 2 or 3 bucks apiece, have 60 or so, got three 5 gallon buckets of 7.62x39 from the days when Wolf was $.10 a round. Those could be my SHTF rifles instead of my snobby FALs. Just for sheer lead throwing ability of course.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 09:34   #14
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
I like 'em.

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 10:05   #15
slavicshooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74022
Texgunner, move those beautiful AK's out of the way so I can see that piece of furniture behind them.~ss
" In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."~St. Justin Popovitch

" Slavs are fueled by booze. I thought this was common knowledge."~lew

юродивый
slavicshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 12:05   #16
pmf
Registered

FALaholic #: 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Bum View Post
I "acquired" my first AK in 1966 in Vietnam. It was a milled receiver model made in China with the date 1966 stamped on it. It had a decent blued finish for a military weapon but the usual cheap Asian wood furniture.

Then it was confiscated from me and ended up on the wall of the officer's club. Oh well, I didn't have much in it anyway. Just two pints of Canadian Club whisky.....

I have owned two of the MAK-90's. Both were purchased new back when it was legal to import firearms and ammo from China. I still have one and several cases of Russian made Wolf ammo. Haven't shot it in years. Maybe it is time to burn off some of that Wolf ammo that I paid $100 for a 1000 round case....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
How hard would it have been in that era to ask your CO to let you keep it as a war trophy? I sometimes hear stories about guys who brought them back and registered them in the 1968 amnesty. I've seen Viet Nam battle ground pick ups with CO letters go for really big money. It would have been a decade -- maybe 2 -- before 7.62x39 ammo was easily found.
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 12:32   #17
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavicshooter View Post
Texgunner, move those beautiful AK's out of the way so I can see that piece of furniture behind them.~ss
Thanks ss! That furniture is a "Bombay chest" that my wife bought at Hobby Lobby a few years ago. It's got some nice color on the front that is not seen unless a light shines on it. She can't find another space big enough in our house to move it. Pack Rats are us...

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 12:37   #18
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
I figure there will be AK'S for the next 1000 years.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 12:48   #19
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
I have two underfolders- Polish and Romanian. Thinking about adding a Romanian RPK (AES-10B).

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 19:58   #20
EinheitElf
Registered

FALaholic #: 21533
I have an amd65 built up from a kit but has a tapco front hg and a stock/ axe combo with the biohazard symbol cut in it...i know i know...it was my contribution to the zombie apocalypse ...shoots fine.
I also have a yugo m92 pistol converted to rifle with a big alum fake can pinned to the fsb/gb and an ace folder mounted to the receiver,so a fixed stock carbine now..still have not shot it.

I had a mak 90 and it was a beauty,bluing was great,thicker barrel and receiver than the euro ones and a butter smootb trigger...was THE BEST chinese made item EVER. I would still have it if it did not get banned by name and i sold it,best 150 i ever spent... miss it.
I had a saiga 308 with custom wood i sold.. that was stupid of me .... really miss that..
EinheitElf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 21:54   #21
FUUN063
Registered

FALaholic #: 35576
I've got Maadi's (crutch, folder and fixed), Chinese 56S bakelite, Hungarian AMD63, Polish UF, fixed and Tantal, Yugo, Chinese NHM91 (nicest blue job on any AK I've seen), etc. I like most of them. I've sold a few years ago and wish I had them back, but alas.............

Leland
FUUN063 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 22:15   #22
catmguy445
Registered

FALaholic #: 50311
I have four. A Poly Tech Legend, a Poly Tech side folder, an East German MPi-KM that was built from a numbers matching Apex kit, and a WASR-10 with an Ace side folding stock on it.
Old May 31, 2018, 22:25   #23
old_spambo
Registered

FALaholic #: 75387
I have an Arsenal SGL-61 in 5.45x39. It's a great gun and recoils like a BB gun
with the AK-74 muzzle break.

Spambo
old_spambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 01, 2018, 00:11   #24
chino*74
Registered

FALaholic #: 75409
Strangely I tried a 74 brake {a true one not a Tapco paper weight}, a slant brake & finally just run my UF with the muzzle nut on the barrel end, it shoots just the same with no brake as far as I can tell, no difference in felt recoil. Now if I had a Full Auto ya probably could tell the difference...LOL.
Old June 01, 2018, 10:16   #25
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino*74 View Post
Strangely I tried a 74 brake {a true one not a Tapco paper weight}, a slant brake & finally just run my UF with the muzzle nut on the barrel end, it shoots just the same with no brake as far as I can tell, no difference in felt recoil. Now if I had a Full Auto ya probably could tell the difference...LOL.
I shot one of my 7.62 without a break and then with a slant break.
It was a very old ak that did not have a threaded barrel. So I drilled/tapped the break to install it with a set screw. I noticed the instance when the slant break flew off because of the difference in muzzle jump.
I later drill/tap (added) 2 more set screws, dimpled the barrel and red loctite the screws...and hundreds of rounds later it has not come off.

Anyhoo:

There is a noticeably difference between no brake (or muzzle nut) and a slant brake....that is, when it comes to measuring muzzle jump...BUT, IMHO, it could be attributed to the shooting position used, bipod or not, weight, etc.

-
-
-
-
Old June 01, 2018, 10:37   #26
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
I have two underfolders- Polish and Romanian. Thinking about adding a Romanian RPK (AES-10B).
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUUN063 View Post
I've got Maadi's (crutch, folder and fixed), Chinese 56S bakelite, Hungarian AMD63, Polish UF, fixed and Tantal, Yugo, Chinese NHM91 (nicest blue job on any AK I've seen), etc. I like most of them. I've sold a few years ago and wish I had them back, but alas.............

Leland
Of my 34 aks, for some odd reason, my polish build under-folder is the most consistent. That is, if I measure "consistency" as tighter groups every time I compare it to the rest....since I usually take 5-7 of them at a time to the range.

I don't know why....it just is....I shoot them all prone position, it has about the same round count, the same trigger, same polishing job then the rest...I think the barrel is not special or anything...it's a mystery to me.

-
-
-
Old June 02, 2018, 10:38   #27
Grizz44
Banned

FALaholic #: 79236
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS11C View Post
Of my 34 aks, for some odd reason, my polish build under-folder is the most consistent. That is, if I measure "consistency" as tighter groups every time I compare it to the rest....since I usually take 5-7 of them at a time to the range.

I don't know why....it just is....I shoot them all prone position, it has about the same round count, the same trigger, same polishing job then the rest...I think the barrel is not special or anything...it's a mystery to me.

-
-
-
Sure you do. All 34 of them.
Grizz44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 02, 2018, 12:17   #28
Slaughter
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 73180
Back when Steyr first imported them, I picked up a MAADI (Egyptian). About $400 in 1982 dollars.

Shoulda kept it. Loved learning the functions of the weapon. Back then had AR-types, an AR-180, HK91 but when I was broke, I'd sell the weapons. Stupid stupid stupid.
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 02, 2018, 13:32   #29
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
Back when Steyr first imported them, I picked up a MAADI (Egyptian). About $400 in 1982 dollars.

Shoulda kept it. Loved learning the functions of the weapon. Back then had AR-types, an AR-180, HK91 but when I was broke, I'd sell the weapons. Stupid stupid stupid.
That was way cheap
When the Steyr/Interarms Maddis 1st came in they ran close to a grand MSRP, just crazy money
Valmets were less money back in the day

The Maddis got a huge bump when Koliakas reviewed the then new imports in SOF. Thing was feeding any 7.62mm X 39mm in the late 70s was spendy indeed. Back then I had to order custom dies and use lighter weight slugs intended for the .303 in mostly Finnish brass.
I think we started loading that round around 74' to feed an SKS war trophy we ended up with. Ended up with a pail of Lake City brass maybe in 76'
yeah LC was producing 7.62x39mm ammo in the 70s for our DoD, training I assume. Buddy over on Strum still offers some of that.

was a bitch, no loading data at that time. We just went incremently a grain at a time until we had function with 4227 powder.
Old June 02, 2018, 18:27   #30
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
My Maadi cost me $358.39...got it waaaaayyy back...still have it and in mint condition.
Actually, the selling price was 334.95.... plus tax.

And this is NOT the cheapest AK I've ever bought. The cheapest one is my #1 FAVORITE
that always makes it out to the range.

I like the Maadi finish a lot...to a point that I have refinished other aks to match it.

-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; June 02, 2018 at 18:53.
MOS11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 02, 2018, 20:17   #31
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
I have a MAK-90 purchased in 1994 for $250. It has a chrome-lined chamber and bore. The stock, a funky-knuckle-Metzenbaum stock, needs replacing with a proper one but it is a very good AK variant. I only have about 200 rounds run through it 'cuz I'm not much of an AK fan. Each of my kids also has one, but only one has fired his around 1K rounds and with no problems. We still have the styrene "boxes" they came in. It is a crime against humanity that Klinton banned the Chinese weapon imports.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 02, 2018, 21:30   #32
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
I have a MAK-90 purchased in 1994 for $250.
I bought my favorite AK for $219 in the 1990s too. Had I known what I know about them now I would have gotten 5 of them.

-
-
-
-

Last edited by MOS11C; June 04, 2018 at 20:37.
Old June 02, 2018, 21:46   #33
Near Sighted Sniper
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 536
Quote:
I have a MAK-90 purchased in 1994 for $250. It has a chrome-lined chamber and bore. The stock, a funky-knuckle-Metzenbaum stock, needs replacing with a proper one but it is a very good AK variant. I only have about 200 rounds run through it 'cuz I'm not much of an AK fan. Each of my kids also has one, but only one has fired his around 1K rounds and with no problems. We still have the styrene "boxes" they came in. It is a crime against humanity that Klinton banned the Chinese weapon imports.

Jarhead

I bought mine in 1992 @ Dragonman arms in Colorado Springs for $225, I just found [accidentally] the receipt for it the other day. I wish I would have bought 2 of them!!!
Near Sighted Sniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 02, 2018, 23:24   #34
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
For a walk in the woods an AK in 7.62x39 is hard to beat. Short, handy, points well, effective fire power and you can count on them to work when needed.

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 03, 2018, 00:37   #35
old_spambo
Registered

FALaholic #: 75387
Quote:

Jarhead
In 95 or 96, I went to a gun show to buy a SKS. There were both new Chinese
and Russian SKS's for around $125. I picked up a few but the stocks were
so small I didn't like them.

First laid my eyes on Norinco and Polytech Mak-90s, ignoring the atrocious
thumbhole stocks. Picked up a Polytech for $205 then several AK mags and
700 rounds of Russian corrosive 7.62x39. The machining and the fit and finish
was excellent.

I replaced the gaudy wood with some plastic. I liked the gun until I tried shooting
a group at 100 yards. I might as well been throwing rocks.

The trigger pull was long and there was no hesitation. I sold it and never
looked back.

Wish I would have picked up a couple of those Russian SKS's.

Spambo
old_spambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 03, 2018, 05:52   #36
Registered

FALaholic #: 66611
I recently got an Armory USA model. I like it. I never owned an AK previous to this.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 03, 2018, 08:30   #37
01BIRDDOG
Registered

FALaholic #: 54639
Go way back with them like mid 60's. Just like your favorite hammer you can always depend on it.
01BIRDDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 03, 2018, 15:34   #38
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
Love the Kalashnikov! As much as I love the fal, the Kalashnikov design is better. It took some western influence to really bring out the very best of the Kalashnikov (Valmet, Galil, FNC, Beretta AR70, Sig 550) but still the original primitive AK is a fantastic weapon and I will always own one. Currently I have a Polish underfolder, IMI Galil ARM 5.56, and a Sig 556. LOVE KALASHNIKOVS!
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 04, 2018, 07:38   #39
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Wouldn't mind having a plain jane basic AKM with no rail or accessories. Should have built one 15 years ago, but I didn't feel like buying a press and the stuff to do the rivets.

I still might do it.

Last edited by Mebsuta; June 04, 2018 at 08:03.
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 04, 2018, 08:17   #40
vmtz

FALaholic #: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Wouldn't mind having a plain jane basic AKM with no rail or accessories. Should have built one 15 years ago, but I didn't feel like buying a press and the stuff to do the rivets.

I still might do it.

If you ever are in the land of disenchantment, I can help you build.

Vince
Old June 04, 2018, 08:27   #41
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
Only own 74's, never found a 47 that shot as well as my expectations.
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 04, 2018, 22:01   #42
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmtz View Post
If you ever are in the land of disenchantment, I can help you build.

Vince
Thank you I appreciate that. Might just haul off and buy an NPAP here pretty soon and live with the rail. I had one in my hands at Big Outdoor World, but they kept watching me with suspicion, so I didn't do it.
Old June 14, 2018, 23:03   #43
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUUN063 View Post

Leland
When the Tantals came out I could not resist them and bought 4 of them.
I got the correct barrels. No keyholing. I only refinished them and worked the barrel to install the Bulgarian muzzle breaks:

-
-
-
-
Old June 15, 2018, 10:36   #44
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
When I was a kid I had a toy pop-gun rifle made of real wood and metal.

Picking up a Romanian WSAR, it felt just like the toy gun. Except the toy probably had better furniture

Still it shoots nicely even with a slightly canted front sight. Fun gun to run.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2018, 21:11   #45
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
Only own 74's, never found a 47 that shot as well as my expectations.
This is a ak74 brain teaser:

It's Russian made, 5.45, heavier beefier receiver and a baby-butt smoothest action from my entire collection. Smoothest from factory, as I have not done anything to the action.

My only changes were replacing the long handguard to standard handguards and adding an aftermarket right folding folder.

This one is old............What is it?

-
-----
--
-

Last edited by MOS11C; June 15, 2018 at 21:17.
Old June 15, 2018, 21:17   #46
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
This is a ak74 brain teaser:

It's Russian made, 5.45, heavier beefier receiver and the baby-butt smoothest action from my entire collection. Smoothest from factory, as I have not done anything to the action.

My only changes were replacing the long handguard to standard handguards and adding an aftermarket right folding folder.

This one is old............What is it?

-
-----
--
-
Want to know what it is ?

Forged in HELLFIRE by Godless HEATHENS

It's not what Christ would carry
Old June 16, 2018, 05:46   #47
Andy2205
Registered

FALaholic #: 26110
There's a few lying around here, Romanain SAR-1 w/PSOP, Arsenal SLR-107CR w/Kobra, Molot Vepr in 5.45x39 and a Mitchell M-90 in 7.62x51. Searched for a long time and paid dearly for the proper mount and scope for the Mitchell, it was worth the time and effort. Last, but not least, VZ58.

Sorry about the picture size, I'm still learning how to deal with Imgur.

SAR-1 & SLR-107

Vepr with Rhineland Arms furniture and homemade finish

Mitchell M90

VZ58
Old June 16, 2018, 09:56   #48
MOS11C
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2205 View Post
There's a few lying around here, Romanain SAR-1 w/PSOP, Arsenal SLR-107CR w/Kobra, Molot Vepr in 5.45x39 and a Mitchell M-90 in 7.62x51. Searched for a long time and paid dearly for the proper mount and scope for the Mitchell, it was worth the time and effort. Last, but not least, VZ58.

Sorry about the picture size, I'm still learning how to deal with Imgur.

SAR-1 & SLR-107

Vepr with Rhineland Arms furniture and homemade finish
[
Mitchell M90

VZ58

Nice guns.

Yes, the one from the brain teaser is a VEPR-k.

For Imgur: Hover over the image...click the edit (pencil icon)....click on "edit"....on the right side the dimensions show up...overtype to the desire dimensions....lock proportions...hit enter...click "apply"....click "save"

-
-
-
--
Old June 16, 2018, 19:32   #49
Andy2205
Registered

Quote:
Nice guns.

Yes, the one from the brain teaser is a VEPR-k.

For Imgur: Hover over the image...click the edit (pencil icon)....click on "edit"....on the right side the dimensions show up...overtype to the desire dimensions....lock proportions...hit enter...click "apply"....click "save"

-
-
-
--
Thanks, I'll try that. Weird that on another board the pics dimensions are just fine using the copied link.
Old June 17, 2018, 05:10   #50
Andy2205
Registered

MOS11C thanks for the editing tip!