The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old June 22, 2018, 21:50   #1
LYCAN
Registered

FALaholic #: 20840
Misses dog, but shrapnel hits 9 yr old (video released)

https://www.blacklistednews.com/arti...-the-face.html
LYCAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2018, 22:46   #2
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Properly fired and charged. Hope he is convicted but I rather think, no matter what bullshit his attorney is spreading, that he will take a plea rather than let the jury see the video and make a decision that he was a fooking toolbag for firing his weapon inside the house.

I meet dogs nearly every day I work, rarely feel threatened by them but those that I get a nasty vibe from, I pop open my pepper spray and get ready to give a little squirt. Never had a dog want to be anywhere near me after one little dose of pepper spray including some pretty aggressive pit bulls. Just as some people aren't fit to be mechanics or electricians or teachers, some people should NOT be in police work; this guy is one of them.

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2018, 11:02   #3
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

Hopefully the family gets justice and this can be used as training on what not to do.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2018, 10:07   #4
WESOMATIC
Registered

FALaholic #: 75796
Why the hell do police shoot so many dogs?
Old July 08, 2018, 10:13   #5
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Quote:
Originally Posted by WESOMATIC View Post
Wondered about that myself. Some studies suggest that serial killers often start out by torturing and killing small animals and pets when young. May be something to watch to weed out potential problem candidates for police work.
Old July 08, 2018, 10:18   #6
WESOMATIC
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
Wondered about that myself. Some studies suggest that serial killers often start out by torturing and killing small animals and pets when young. May be something to watch to weed out potential problem candidates for police work.
Seems like it's being used in the opposite manner.
I wonder if it weren't on video if we would have even heard about it.
Old July 09, 2018, 06:34   #7
Ted Kennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77365
Quote:
Originally Posted by WESOMATIC View Post
They end up as cops because they washed out of Mailman Academy. Mailmen have to show nerves of steel without resorting to firearms when staring down the family pet. Some can't hack it, but they still want that snappy costume and a taxpayer-funded pension. Give'em a break, they do the best they can.
Ted Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2018, 07:33   #8
WESOMATIC
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kennedy View Post
They end up as cops because they washed out of Mailman Academy. Mailmen have to show nerves of steel without resorting to firearms when staring down the family pet. Some can't hack it, but they still want that snappy costume and a taxpayer-funded pension. Give'em a break, they do the best they can.
Old July 09, 2018, 08:06   #9
lockjaw
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
Despite the dumbass cop and the chaos afterwards, there were a number of professional officers who were professional and calm while mitigating the scene.

This may be hashed out as a training issue (legitimately may be) , in addition to the officer being held responsible.
Old July 09, 2018, 20:50   #10
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
Quote:

my mail lady knows my Black Lab, she makes a fuss over her and Muze just loves her, Muze even loves all the other mail carriers that cover the route and they know she loves the attention

if anyone w/ a badge cannot tell the difference between a scared dog barking because you are where you should not be and a outright attack ........ they need to suck on the barrel of their own gun, little kids know the difference

Right away in the video everyone started to cover the ass of the asshole shooting, its obvious

the clown should not even be allowed to hold a rubberband gun
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2018, 08:26   #11
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
My first thought is cops shoot dogs to punish the owners for not having the dog chained up. Killing pets takes a really special kind of asshole, they probably tortured animals when they were childeren.
Old July 11, 2018, 13:49   #12
lockjaw
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
My first thought is cops shoot dogs to punish the owners for not having the dog chained up. Killing pets takes a really special kind of asshole, they probably tortured animals when they were childeren.

You must be one of the PETA types?

The officer should have taken other measures to protect himself in this circumstance. Mace may have been a better option, but I'd wager cop haters would have still be in uproar because the kids would have been exposed as well.

Cop, or not, if an animal. attacks a person or others, they should be able to protect themselves by any immediate means necessary. If thst means putting a bullet in the animal or smashing its head in with a blunt object, so be it.

Obviously, the cop was wrong in his actions in this specific situation, but why the $&#% was an aggressive dog left unsecure by the owners in this situation to begin with? The police were present for some time before the dog attacked.

Last edited by lockjaw; July 11, 2018 at 13:55.
lockjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2018, 14:05   #13
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post

why the $&#% was an aggressive dog left unsecure by the owners in this situation to begin with? The police were present for some time before the dog attacked.
How freakin' cool would it be to get video of twenty or thirty meat-eating hounds being released during a no-knock? I'd pay good money to watch that rodeo.
Old July 11, 2018, 16:52   #14
lockjaw
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
How freakin' cool would it be to get video of twenty or thirty meat-eating hounds being released during a no-knock? I'd pay good money to watch that rodeo.
Hello Stupid.

This situation wasn't a no knock. A woman called me he po-po because her husband was eating the barrel of his gun.

Not quite sure why she wouldn't get the kids out of the house and secure the dog before the po-po arrived. Some people would consider that Stupid.

When Stupid people cross paths, stupid things happen. The Stupid officer who shot at the dog wasn't operating on a level above the person who brought him there.... And he lost his job and was criminaly charged for his actions. The other officers were calm and professional despite the actions of the dipshit officer and the chaos thst ensued after the incident.

Nobody can fix Stupid, but Stupid can be mitigated, to various degrees of success and occasional failure. In this situation, at least the Stupid who was eating his gun didn't blow his brains out, so I guess there was.something positive to take away from this Stupidity.
Old July 12, 2018, 00:56   #15
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
You must be one of the PETA types?

The officer should have taken other measures to protect himself in this circumstance. Mace may have been a better option, but I'd wager cop haters would have still be in uproar because the kids would have been exposed as well.

Cop, or not, if an animal. attacks a person or others, they should be able to protect themselves by any immediate means necessary. If thst means putting a bullet in the animal or smashing its head in with a blunt object, so be it.

Obviously, the cop was wrong in his actions in this specific situation, but why the $&#% was an aggressive dog left unsecure by the owners in this situation to begin with? The police were present for some time before the dog attacked.
Well hello and nice to meet you too. No I am not with Peta, I just have a respect for animals involved in the lives of families as pets. Some folks see them as family members and after 13 years of a great chocolate lab he is family. Killing a family member better have a real reason, unless the dog physically attacks you then you have no right to kill it. Fear isn't good enough a reason.

Cops know when they respond to a person's house that there is a good chance they have pets. Trying to keep a family member from suicide the last thing they think of is tying up a pet. Pets are territorial and defend their masters and ground and that's a very good reason people have pets. Cops step into that world and if they are so stupid the only answer they have is to shoot a pet with kids all around then it isn't just the dumb cop, it's the system training them.

Rest of the world deals with dogs without killing them, I have been attacked by dogs while walking my dog and a stick drives them away. Maybe when the cops get called out they can send an animal control officer, or even ask if there's dogs around when a call comes in. 911 could remind them to chain up their dogs before the officer arrives. Cops could do way better if they wanted to but it doesn't look like they want to. A good cop is a joy to have in the community but one who will kill your pets and risk killing your kids over a dog is pretty lame.
Old July 12, 2018, 06:38   #16
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:
Hello Stupid.

This situation wasn't a no knock. A woman called me he po-po because her husband was eating the barrel of his gun.

Not quite sure why she wouldn't get the kids out of the house and secure the dog before the po-po arrived. Some people would consider that Stupid.

When Stupid people cross paths, stupid things happen. The Stupid officer who shot at the dog wasn't operating on a level above the person who brought him there.... And he lost his job and was criminaly charged for his actions. The other officers were calm and professional despite the actions of the dipshit officer and the chaos thst ensued after the incident.

Nobody can fix Stupid, but Stupid can be mitigated, to various degrees of success and occasional failure. In this situation, at least the Stupid who was eating his gun didn't blow his brains out, so I guess there was.something positive to take away from this Stupidity.
I know this wasn't a no-knock, I never said it was.

We've had several cop vs dog situations here in Oklahoma in the recent past that were, well....questionable. Probably Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walker defending his deputy's shooting of a family pet next door to a home they were called to stands out most. By their own account, the dog did not act aggressively. Being first rate good guys, and lousy marksmen, they left the wounded dog on the neighbors porch with a note. (this is just one of many LEO-dog accounts, as I'm sure you are aware)

So - when I see another cop vs dog scenario, I'm reminded of the sum of these events. It's not the stupidity of the officers that do the shooting that pisses me off, as there are really stupid people in every occupation.

The thing that always stands out is the willingness of fellow officers to allow such a scenario to play out, then after the fact defend such actions. The example of the "one bad cop" arresting the nurse a while back is a great example, on video for the world to see. Yes, the cop was an ass....and how many of his brothers in blue allowed that to happen? What does that make them?

It's the attitude, the solidarity of YOU vs them, that irks people, officer. It's not about the douche that shot the dog, it's not about the little jerk that sits at the small-town speed trap. It's the endemic thought process that seems to occur in a lot of guys(and gals) when they don the costume. It hurts the relationship with the public and is a disservice to those that are fair-minded, disciplined officers.

Reading a few blogs by LEOs on LEO web pages reveals much - from wearing sunglasses in the shade (which is hilarious, btw) to be more intimidating, to reacting to the public filming them, to resisting the cessation of illegal seizures that benefit LE departments (no arrest, no conviction necessary) - it becomes clear that all too many in LEO have a very different idea of public service than the public does.

So, yeah, maybe I'm stupid, but y'all have a bit of a PR problem, and "your" team isn't helping itself any. The dog shootings are just a side note.
Old July 12, 2018, 14:04   #17
lockjaw
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Well, your preconcieved perceptions are vastly different than the realities of law enforcement.

It is apparent that your tin foil hat is tightly formed and secured.

Good luck.
Old July 12, 2018, 15:58   #18
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Well, your preconcieved perceptions are vastly different than the realities of law enforcement.

Good luck.
Mine isn't preconceived, it's watching for decades what cops do. Does tin foil stop a bullet from a cop that shouldn't be on the force?
Old July 19, 2018, 07:41   #19
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:

Good luck.
Not sure what "preconceived" (sic) perceptions you refer to. The scenarios I mentioned are from actual events.