Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old January 11, 2019, 18:24   #1
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
Dr. Watson- Another Racis Demoted

Nobel winner gets his ass canned over telling the truth, what could he possibly know on the subject ? He was a childhood household name.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/sc...A-13527462.php

Men who tell the truth do not need vindication.
Gary Harwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 18:27   #2
bubbagump
Registered

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Harwell View Post
Nobel winner gets his ass canned over telling the truth, what could he possibly know on the subject ? He was a childhood household name.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/sc...A-13527462.php

Men who tell the truth do not need vindication.
Precisely. After all, what does the guy who discovered the nature of DNA know about genetics?
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 18:32   #3
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Did they do the same for Crick the co conspirator?

Paging TBD

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 19:22   #4
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Yep,

Watson, Crick, and Linus Pauling were frequently discussed when I was in High School. Their legacies will out live the PC BS done to them.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 19:35   #5
bubbagump
Registered

All the melodramatic stereotyping aside, this shit really isn't too far removed from the book bonfires the Germans held back in the 30s. Didn't end well for 'em either.

Consider for a moment how full of yourself you have to be in order to challenge a nobel laurate in his own field when the best you yourself have been able to come up with is a background in administration. It is way beyond rational and has entered the realm of religion with these idiots. Discussion really is futile when the topic is an article of faith with the other side. The question I have is why does anyone even try?
Old January 11, 2019, 19:46   #6
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Consider for a moment how full of yourself you have to be in order to challenge a nobel laurate in his own field when the best you yourself have been able to come up with is a background in administration. ?
For the record, is Odumbo a Nobel laurate or just a product of his DNA?

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 20:20   #7
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
Old dude might be right ??? Thing is, how could it be scientifically proven or disproven. That is the question. And totally ignoring that there would be many on either side of the aisle that wouldn't accept the outcome regardless of how it turned out.
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 20:54   #8
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
IQ studies worldwide

If ya want an IQ number, like any other number for any country, just look around for a few minutes, they are everywhere and all over the spectrum.

https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

https://www.therichest.com/rich-list...st-average-iq/

https://list25.com/25-countries-with...st-average-iq/

https://brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html

A WAIS R IQ examination used to cost around 500.00, 25/30 yrs ago, which is pretty much the gold standard.

What instrument was used and how was it correlated between 125 countries???

Nature vs nurture???

Food, shelter, access to medical care, yes, vaccinations,, school systems, parents, parenting, access to books, computers, and on and on, all effect IQ numbers.

Most people live their whole lives and are never tested for IQ.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 00:02   #9
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
IQ studies worldwide

If ya want an IQ number, like any other number for any country, just look around for a few minutes, they are everywhere and all over the spectrum.

A WAIS R IQ examination used to cost around 500.00, 25/30 yrs ago, which is pretty much the gold standard.

Nature vs nurture???

Food, shelter, access to medical care, yes, vaccinations,, school systems, parents, parenting, access to books, computers, and on and on, all effect IQ numbers.

Which leads me to believe the average might be even lower, since I would expect that those in poor third-world countries tested are school children, which somewhat self-selects for those families successful enough to afford to be able to give their kids up from labor to actually attend school.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 01:25   #10
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
IQ studies worldwide

Nature vs nurture???

Actually depended on school district & era YH
Up here they were done at multi year intervals starting in Grade school up through like 9th Grade, some of us had them yearly.

Other States I know were completely different

Series I MMPIs were also administered in Certain School Districts in MN as part of some State study.

I do agree a great deal of this can be radically influenced by outliers however a raw mechanical derived IQ is not based on taught concepts but rather innate understanding of constructs on a timed basis
This was how it was academically tested in the 70s & earlier thus the costs were nominal & much wider spread

As far as the WAIS, that is based purely on learned knowledge, it shows little in probable cognitive ability
A subject that for example can not read or has not been taught mathmatical concepts will be an idiot under it, as such it fails as an IQ test however it can certainly show placement level in education

Iowa Basics inventories did the same thing as do SATs, etc but they are all very poor barometers of a subjects actual intellect.
Even years ago there was a great deal of discussion when I was in College as to how slanted most testing was against certain groups
For the life of me I just don't see any production of valid results administering a WAIS to most folks in the third world with regards to basic IQ

Don't get me started on Personality Inventories
that's truly Shit Science
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 02:25   #11
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
Look at Africa.

Just look at it.

No, really - just look at it and use your mind.

Now look at the rest of the planet South of the Equator and its history.

No, just look at it.

What more do you need to see?

Old January 12, 2019, 02:32   #12
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
Which leads me to believe the average might be even lower, since I would expect that those in poor third-world countries tested are school children, which somewhat self-selects for those families successful enough to afford to be able to give their kids up from labor to actually attend school.
True, folks living out in the bush are not tested, as a rule, if its impossible to get to them, and or, they have zero basis of understanding in the language of the available test materials.

Motivation to sit and take the examination also comes into play.

A more practical way of looking at the overall intelligence, abilities, motivations, proclivities, of any large group of people, is in what they accomplish with what they have available to them to work with or create themselves.

The "negative" or "positive" proclivities of certain groups of people are often misunderstood to be an indication of their overall intelligence.

People often look at the negative behaviors of certain groups of people and say, those folks are plain stupid, of low IQ, etc.

In truth, their intelligence may be the same or even higher than the group judging them, but, they decided or more likely just learned to behave in a negative fashion or manner, all or partially against the overall norms of the group they are being judged against.

Said another way, we have here on the FF, some very intelligent people, but they are assholes, behave and act in a manner, most of us would not allow into our homes or around our families.

If any group of people wish to raise their overall groups IQ, have decent food, medical care, proper sanitation, vitamins, and stop marrying their first cousins..

If any group of people wish to learn how to behave properly, and don;t know how, just pick out a decent role model and behave as they do, until one wises up enough, learns enough to understand proper conduct and behavior.

Values and judgements also come into play, and with a single mother, 10 kids, tenement living conditions, poor diets, no positive role models, positive outcomes for these children is about nil.

Swo, if you and your family, or mine took in one of these new born babies at birth, then raised them as ours, their IQ would be much higher, than if they stayed in the mess they are born into.

With you or I, many others here, these babies would be able to grow into their full potential.

They may become doctors or scientist, or maybe cowboys, mechanics, or even G-D forbid, politicians or lawyers.

Families of medical doctors often raise children that become doctors.

Families of criminals often raise generations of criminals.

But it goes back, to how children are raised.

Old January 12, 2019, 02:52   #13
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
Actually depended on school district & era YH
Up here they were done at multi year intervals starting in Grade school up through like 9th Grade, some of us had them yearly.

Other States I know were completely different

Series I MMPIs were also administered in Certain School Districts in MN as part of some State study.

I do agree a great deal of this can be radically influenced by outliers however a raw mechanical derived IQ is not based on taught concepts but rather innate understanding of constructs on a timed basis
This was how it was academically tested in the 70s & earlier thus the costs were nominal & much wider spread

As far as the WAIS, that is based purely on learned knowledge, it shows little in probable cognitive ability
A subject that for example can not read or has not been taught mathmatical concepts will be an idiot under it, as such it fails as an IQ test however it can certainly show placement level in education

Iowa Basics inventories did the same thing as do SATs, etc but they are all very poor barometers of a subjects actual intellect.
Even years ago there was a great deal of discussion when I was in College as to how slanted most testing was against certain groups
For the life of me I just don't see any production of valid results administering a WAIS to most folks in the third world with regards to basic IQ

Don't get me started on Personality Inventories
that's truly Shit Science

The MMPI is a simple personality inventory, showing traits normed against groups of people already doing certain occupations or displaying certain personality traits, such as those held by a medical doctor, or a serial killer.

The MMPI was never an IQ examination.

And yes, all IQ exams must be normalized against the test sample/subjects.

Giving the American version of any IQ instrument to say west African children would yield worthless results, but certain people do it any way.

Researchers that perform these exams, are not always the smartest or the most ethical people around to say it politely.

Many of them, are like the thousands of dumb asses that sat in my "Tests and Measurement" classes I taught at university.

You'll get a kick out of this.
The army decided once upon a time, all of us with a certain level security clearance and access,, must take an MMPI.
I explained, or tried to explain, I'd been teaching this crap for years, but nope, had to sit and take the exam.
So, I took it, and flat line the damned thing, across the whole spectrum.
No spikes, not one area, dead ass normal.
A few minutes conversation with the actual psychologist, vs the smucks ordering the exam, I got my clearance and a note in my record, never to test this subject again.

Last edited by yellowhand; January 12, 2019 at 02:55. Reason: typing in the dark:)LOL
Old January 12, 2019, 03:24   #14
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
The MMPI is a simple personality inventory, showing traits normed against groups of people already doing certain occupations or displaying certain personality traits, such as those held by a medical doctor, or a serial killer.

The MMPI was never an IQ examination.

And yes, all IQ exams must be normalized against the test sample/subjects.

Giving the American version of any IQ instrument to say west African children would yield worthless results, but certain people do it any way.

Researchers that perform these exams, are not always the smartest or the most ethical people around to say it politely.

Many of them, are like the thousands of dumb asses that sat in my "Tests and Measurement" classes I taught at university.

You'll get a kick out of this.
The army decided once upon a time, all of us with a certain level security clearance and access,, must take an MMPI.
I explained, or tried to explain, I'd been teaching this crap for years, but nope, had to sit and take the exam.
So, I took it, and flat line the damned thing, across the whole spectrum.
No spikes, not one area, dead ass normal.
A few minutes conversation with the actual psychologist, vs the smucks ordering the exam, I got my clearance and a note in my record, never to test this subject again.
Never stated it was an IQ test, just that it was a horseshit method.
When I was attending the U of M I was with academics who created the 2nd & 3rd series of MMPIs
tell you a great truth, a great many professionals under it are defined Sociopaths. Even academics.

The idea was to create a rough diagnostic tool to evaluate subjects
thing is what might be bad can be exemplary depending on station

truth is it's easy to flat line a MMPI though
Old January 12, 2019, 08:53   #15
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
I had to take an IQ exam a few years ago, donít remember which one. There was an error on a math question, apparently those that prepared the question arenít well versed in grammar since as written none of the answers were correct. I know which one they wanted me to select, but fact is there was no choice for the correct answer.

I see this all the time on my kidís exams- most often all the answers and more are correct due to the way the question is poorly composed
Old January 12, 2019, 09:58   #16
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
the best IQ tests are pattern sequence recognition tests. totally language/culture blind.
https://www.intelligencetest.com/que...cognition.html

the difference is a result in 50,000 years of base food stock differential. grain seed eaters are smarter than root stock eaters, because grain seed has protein content. protein is what brain cells are made of. 50,000 years is a long time for nature to exploit a resource.

medical examiners say blacks have avg 1050cc of brain volume, while whites have 1350cc, and north east asians have 1375cc.

feeding root stock eaters grain stock for a few generations is not going to fix 50,000 years of deficiency.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesnít appeal to you, youíre a frikkin' pansy. Also, youíre probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 10:16   #17
SWOHFAL
Registered

Quote:
True, folks living out in the bush are not tested, as a rule, if its impossible to get to them, and or, they have zero basis of understanding in the language of the available test materials.

Motivation to sit and take the examination also comes into play.

A more practical way of looking at the overall intelligence, abilities, motivations, proclivities, of any large group of people, is in what they accomplish with what they have available to them to work with or create themselves.

The "negative" or "positive" proclivities of certain groups of people are often misunderstood to be an indication of their overall intelligence.

People often look at the negative behaviors of certain groups of people and say, those folks are plain stupid, of low IQ, etc.

In truth, their intelligence may be the same or even higher than the group judging them, but, they decided or more likely just learned to behave in a negative fashion or manner, all or partially against the overall norms of the group they are being judged against.

Said another way, we have here on the FF, some very intelligent people, but they are assholes, behave and act in a manner, most of us would not allow into our homes or around our families.

If any group of people wish to raise their overall groups IQ, have decent food, medical care, proper sanitation, vitamins, and stop marrying their first cousins..

If any group of people wish to learn how to behave properly, and don;t know how, just pick out a decent role model and behave as they do, until one wises up enough, learns enough to understand proper conduct and behavior.

Values and judgements also come into play, and with a single mother, 10 kids, tenement living conditions, poor diets, no positive role models, positive outcomes for these children is about nil.

Swo, if you and your family, or mine took in one of these new born babies at birth, then raised them as ours, their IQ would be much higher, than if they stayed in the mess they are born into.

With you or I, many others here, these babies would be able to grow into their full potential.

They may become doctors or scientist, or maybe cowboys, mechanics, or even G-D forbid, politicians or lawyers.

Families of medical doctors often raise children that become doctors.

Families of criminals often raise generations of criminals.

However the Minnesota Transracial Adoption Study showed that black children placed into those circumstances did better, but not as well as white children.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
Old January 12, 2019, 10:22   #18
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
the best IQ tests are pattern sequence recognition tests. totally language/culture blind.
https://www.intelligencetest.com/que...cognition.html

the difference is a result in 50,000 years of base food stock differential. grain seed eaters are smarter than root stock eaters, because grain seed has protein content. protein is what brain cells are made of. 50,000 years is a long time for nature to exploit a resource.

medical examiners say blacks have avg 1050cc of brain volume, while whites have 1350cc, and north east asians have 1375cc.

feeding root stock eaters grain stock for a few generations is not going to fix 50,000 years of deficiency.
Heard that before
more horseshit

Okay Corn was domesticated by Amerindians tens of thousands of years ago
Rice by Asians
and yes Grains by Africans in North Africa.

Then you have great Tuber consuming cultures like the Inca doing root canals & cataract surgery when Spain was still shitting in the streets of Madrid
Old January 12, 2019, 10:25   #19
John A
Registered

Quote:
Then you have great Tuber consuming cultures like the Inca doing root canals & cataract surgery when Spain was still shitting in the streets of Madrid
I'll have to remember that one. It made me laugh out loud.
Old January 12, 2019, 10:25   #20
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
However the Minnesota Transracial Adoption Study showed that black children placed into those circumstances did better, but not as well as white children.
Have to consider the source of the children in these studies

many were adopted Crack babies
Old January 12, 2019, 10:32   #21
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
I'll have to remember that one. It made me laugh out loud.
Well, it's accurate John

The Aztec for example were a brutal culture but were in many ways of a much high technology than Spain with regards to sanitation, potable water supply, agriculture, etc.

The Peruvians were incredibly ahead of Spain unless your only metric is killing
Old January 12, 2019, 11:03   #22
SWOHFAL
Registered

Quote:
Have to consider the source of the children in these studies

many were adopted Crack babies
1976 - before crack.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
Old January 12, 2019, 11:24   #23
John A
Registered

Quote:
1976 - before crack.
Plenty of other stuff floating around in 1976 that wasn't too far off from crack.
Old January 12, 2019, 12:39   #24
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
Plenty of other stuff floating around in 1976 that wasn't too far off from crack.
yeah 76' was Black Heroin babies adopted by Whitey in Minneapolis & the suburbs.
Old January 12, 2019, 15:02   #25
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
That would be an overall finding I'm sure.

One would have to then go back to pre natal care, diet, medical care, nutrition of the mother and on and on to see what was happening while in gestation and the time period between birth and adoption of the infant.

Babies being adopted, as a rule, don't come from good backgrounds with the parents, so figure whatever was going on with parents of the child, will be transferred to the baby, but many of those factors can be mitigated by adoption into a so-called "normal" home.

Both Parents with IQ's around 75, as a rule, exception are out there, don't produce children with high IQ's normally.

Many cultures around the world practice marital practices that drive down IQ's generation after generation.

The USA has laws on the books, or we did, about inbreeding because long before DNA and full understandings of the issues, folks knew it was a damn bad practice, one that would produce children that would become a burden to the community.

Why does one small group of people produce so many scientist, doctors, doctoral level folks, etc, and another group produces huge numbers of criminals and or generally worthless assholes???

We've all seen reports of one asshole, fathering 15 children with 15 mothers.
If that one father is dumb as a stone, and one can expect the 15 mothers that spread their legs for him are not the sharpest knife in the drawer either, then the children produced from this union, well,,,, we see the results everyday in major cities around the world.

If one is even remotely related to the person, then simply don't produce children with one another.

Certain mothers around the world, are dead set on "locating" the BEST possible partners for their children, and it pays off over generations in producing smart children, whereas other mothers, are not even in the homes of their own off spring.

Children mating and having children have one set of guidelines they use to "hook up", where as mature adults have a whole other set of guidelines they use, as in, looking toward the future for whats best for their children and future grand children.

It may be old fashioned, but if mama and daddy don't approve of a marital union with their children, might just be best to pass on that mate.

Old January 12, 2019, 20:38   #26
justashooter
Registered

Quote:

the experts say nurture is 15% at best. most of intelligence is genetic. people don't want to hear it, but that's what the evidence says.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesnít appeal to you, youíre a frikkin' pansy. Also, youíre probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Old January 12, 2019, 20:58   #27
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
the experts say nurture is 15% at best. most of intelligence is genetic. people don't want to hear it, but that's what the evidence says.
Its not that folks don't want to hear it, its simply not fully understood nor backed up with a lot of test data, also lay people often read a line or two of a huge study, then based upon their predetermine ideas, fit the narrative to suit highly ingrained and eagerly learned prejudices .

This might help.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270739/

Old January 13, 2019, 00:45   #28
SWOHFAL
Registered

Quote:
Its not that folks don't want to hear it, its simply not fully understood nor backed up with a lot of test data, also lay people often read a line or two of a huge study, then based upon their predetermine ideas, fit the narrative to suit highly ingrained and eagerly learned prejudices .

This might help.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270739/
And it is politically incorrect to spend too much time researching a subject those in power would rather remain inconclusive.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
Old January 13, 2019, 01:26   #29
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
And it is politically incorrect to spend too much time researching a subject those in power would rather remain inconclusive.
The government pays for most of these studies, most mass studies in fact, with grants, university support, etc.

Even if the government paid for a massive study, no one would change their opinions based on the results.
Folks would just say, it was all PC/white washed results from a paid government study if they disagreed with the findings, and it would be seen as racist by any others, seen in a harsh light.

So why even try or spend the money????

We have huge differences among certain groups of peoples on this earth, everyone I believe will agree with that simple statement,,,maybe.

Why that is, is not fully understood, most likely never will be.

Me, I believe IQ is determined by your parents, grand parents, etc to a large extent, and that includes whatever conditions these extended family members were exposed to.

Smart, successful people, for the most part, never come into direct contact with the forest gumps of this earth, much less marry and raise children with them.

Folks meet, marry, produce children in their social circles, folks they have close contact with.

If you're a fifth generation inter city tenement living welfare person, then finding a brilliant/bright person to marry and produce bright children with is pretty near damn near zero.

So, IF generation after generation keeps on doing the exact same thing, producing children like themselves, be they smart and productive or dumb as a stone and non productive, then until something drastically changes, the same results will be with all of us generation after generation well into the future.

Old January 13, 2019, 10:16   #30
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
the data has been there for 100 years. it's only in the last 15 years that acknowledging it has been criminalised.

Old January 13, 2019, 12:24   #31
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Margaret Sanger of Planned Parenthood's founding, wanted to abort all blacks because of the same thinking.

They want to strip Washington and Jefferson of any status because they owned slaves.

Hows that Harriet Tubman, $20 dollar bill in your wallet doin?

They want to destroy the South yet today, because of the Civil War; tea party will stand in for the CSA.

Slavery is not understood to have ended at all, and war can be expected to free the slaves, by the slaves. The prisons now hold plenty of slaves, who are political prisoners of the present day Plantation Slavers.

Ocasio Cortex and followers, intends to free all slaves and imprison and execute all tea party whites, and probably any whites at all.

Abortion is cutting the black population here to less than replacement.

Africa will have a billion more by 2050. Where is the food and clothing and shelter to come from there?
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2019, 12:38   #32
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Interesting how this puzzle all goes together. So those with less intelligence are getting a free ride from the smart ones. You even pay them extra if you want to watch them play with a ball Christ all mighty, take your intelligence test and throw them out the window.
Old January 13, 2019, 12:47   #33
justashooter
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
So those with less intelligence are getting a free ride from the smart ones.
it's called a welfare based society.

Old January 13, 2019, 13:04   #34
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
the data has been there for 100 years. it's only in the last 15 years that acknowledging it has been criminalised.
What data?

Who made criminals out of anyone for discussing this topic?

Its being freely discussed here, and no one is locked up, arrested, made criminals.

Old January 13, 2019, 13:20   #35
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
it's called a welfare based society.
Call it what you want but it shows who the stupid people really are. I think it's funny folks sit around and say how dumb these people are yet they pay for their existence and in many cases the supposed dumb ones live better than the smart ones. What it really shows is how stupid an intelligence test is.

Oh look how they live you might say from your debt slave place in life that gives them most everything for free. It's a fool that says white people are smarter, look how fugged up the country is and it's run mostly by whites.
Old January 13, 2019, 13:30   #36
bubbagump
Registered

Quote:
Call it what you want but it shows who the stupid people really are. I think it's funny folks sit around and say how dumb these people are yet they pay for their existence and in many cases the supposed dumb ones live better than the smart ones. What it really shows is how stupid an intelligence test is.

Oh look how they live you might say from your debt slave place in life that gives them most everything for free. It's a fool that says white people are smarter, look how fugged up the country is and it's run mostly by whites.
Smart does not necessarily equal benevolent, just sayin ...
Old January 13, 2019, 13:41   #37
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

""It's a fool that says white people are smarter, look how fugged up the country is and it's run mostly by whites."""

Damn, even a blind hog with find an acorn, if it ruts around longer enough.

Old January 13, 2019, 13:48   #38
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Smart does not necessarily equal benevolent, just sayin ...
Giving credit to intelligence test with out viewing the outcome isn't credible to me. While charity is an emotion based ideal it isn't always the smart thing to do. Since the thread is about intelligence is emotion measured by an intelligence test? Math or science might be the true measure of real intelligence but how does knowing either show a better outcome if there isn't opertunity?

Just saying that "being smarter" is subjective if you look at life and measure it by quality but even then the idea of what is a quality life is subjective. Some folks are very happy sitting in an office every day smelling other people's fats and others could never be happy in that life. The office folks may rank higher on the intelligence test but it's your own values that tells you if they are smart or not.
Old January 13, 2019, 14:01   #39
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Damn, just damn, two acorns in one day!!!!!

Old January 13, 2019, 17:39   #40
bubbagump
Registered

Quote:
Giving credit to intelligence test with out viewing the outcome isn't credible to me. While charity is an emotion based ideal it isn't always the smart thing to do. Since the thread is about intelligence is emotion measured by an intelligence test? Math or science might be the true measure of real intelligence but how does knowing either show a better outcome if there isn't opertunity?

Just saying that "being smarter" is subjective if you look at life and measure it by quality but even then the idea of what is a quality life is subjective. Some folks are very happy sitting in an office every day smelling other people's fats and others could never be happy in that life. The office folks may rank higher on the intelligence test but it's your own values that tells you if they are smart or not.
The answer to (2) lies in (1). No, it is not always the smart thing to do, therefore any intelligence test should not credit emotional responses as they are noise. It follows that they are not strongly connected, perhaps not even related. Although I would personally challenge that, then again an operational definition of 'emotional response' would be necessary and agreed upon prior to any definitive statement.
Old January 13, 2019, 19:21   #41
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
For a moment, it seemed I was reading the statistics thread again.....

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2019, 20:04   #42
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Some things:

The need to create is largely environmentally based.
For example we don't have homeless living in cardboard boxes up here

you will simply DIE
well, most would
Northern peoples were required to adapt to climate in ways that southern people never were

it meant via natural selection to a certain degree you ended up with smarter folks in cooler climates than you did say in jungles among hunter/gather types
That said I am a true believer in Rousea's Tabula Rasa ala The Emile
This precedes Julie Andrews in My Fair Lady or Pygmalion on which the screenplay was based upon.
Emile was a waif of a girl Rene took in from a poor family that he educated
the premise was most everyone is Tabula Rasa, the Blank Slate.

I have seen this personally with children adopted and brought to America by Mennonite missionaries
Kids from Africa & the Amazon
Kids who are now Doctors & Engineers

Those children excelled for some reason and well past many of their peers
most all my neighbors are Hmong refugees
interestingly a majority of the daughters are now Doctors
They were a very primitive tribe of people in Laos

part of the trouble is western civilization has interrupted natural selection of the fittest

Thinking back to childhood many of my peers were dumb as rock
mere parrots, few questioned things told them
Old January 13, 2019, 20:36   #43
justashooter
Registered

anecdotal evidence is just that.

statistical certainty is something else.

Old January 13, 2019, 20:49   #44
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
For a moment, it seemed I was reading the statistics thread again.....

Had a long lunch with my new neighbors and an entire new world opened up for my eyes to see.Folks that would certainly rate high on ya'lls IQ test as they each have 8 years of college. Ages 34 and 47 and there to tell me that all of modern history is a lie made up to give power to this one or that one. No western religion is true and if you believe in Jesus you are worshiping a sun god .

Did you know the world was formed with a race of 50 foot giants that built the Egyptian pyramids? need I go on?

Its been a long day
Old January 13, 2019, 20:49   #45
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:

There is no certainty factor in any Statistics shooter
I don't trust them ever no matter whose they are

gun banners and open borders types use stats all the time don't they...
Old January 13, 2019, 21:19   #46
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Had a long lunch with my new neighbors and an entire new world opened up for my eyes to see.Folks that would certainly rate high on ya'lls IQ test as they each have 8 years of college. Ages 34 and 47 and there to tell me that all of modern history is a lie made up to give power to this one or that one. No western religion is true and if you believe in Jesus you are worshiping a sun god .

Did you know the world was formed with a race of 50 foot giants that built the Egyptian pyramids? need I go on?

Its been a long day
well part of me agrees with some of that YH, maybe not the Giants building things but quite a bit of the rest.

I have seen written history change a great deal

Academics once laughed at the Norse making it to America
Golecki Tepe recently rewrote what professors spewed at me in college

thing is folks are now questioning everything
some is rank stupid, quite a bit is valid to question
Old January 13, 2019, 21:56   #47
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

""There is no absolute statistical certainty since statistics often deals with human norms which are based on vague definitions not subject to mathematical calculation."""

There we go again, not very well understood.

How do you explain Dr. Ben Carson???

https://www.biography.com/people/ben-carson-475422

Was it just affirmative action that allowed him to learn how/work out how to separate out conjoined twins, without killing them, causing brain damage, and also head John Hopkins pediatric surgery department?????

This world only has so many great brains, writing off a whole class of people based on their skin color, only allowing them to dig ditches, wash cars, harvest food stuffs, is truly a sign of mans great ability at stupidity on a grand scale.

Last edited by yellowhand; January 13, 2019 at 22:03.
Old January 13, 2019, 21:57   #48
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
well part of me agrees with some of that YH, maybe not the Giants building things but quite a bit of the rest.

I have seen written history change a great deal

Academics once laughed at the Norse making it to America
Golecki Tepe recently rewrote what professors spewed at me in college

thing is folks are now questioning everything
some is rank stupid, quite a bit is valid to question
BJ not YH

I get myself into enough trouble round here on my own.

Old January 13, 2019, 22:11   #49
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

Quote:
BJ not YH

I get myself into enough trouble round here on my own.
My BAD

but all three of us know the same types don't we.

Like 4 years ago I ran into a flat earther who is a Phd
Old January 13, 2019, 22:44   #50
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
My BAD

but all three of us know the same types don't we.

Like 4 years ago I ran into a flat earther who is a Phd
I was among them, not one of them, for well over four of decades daily.

They can get out into the ozone level quickly, that's for damn sure.