The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 62 36.90%
I ordered, and received product timely 51 30.36%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 8 4.76%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 34 20.24%
I just like stirring shit 10 5.95%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 1.79%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 03, 2017, 20:07   #651
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
(Trim)
So I voiced my curiosity on that tangential issue as well.

But ok, I'll make my comment as to the merits of the discussion, which due to my preeminence in the field, will make all other 600+ comments pale in comparison.

Taking money and not delivering product? That's bad . . . m'kay?

So now, are you satisfied that I have made the necessary contribution to give lie to your assertion that I'm somehow "protecting" Moses by lack of interest in the discussion? Will you now stop trolling me on the subject?
Could not have been said better. To say The Files, its members or Mark are conspiring to protect Moses has not read a significant portion of posts related to the subject with any comprehension. Mark needs no validation from myself or anyone as to remarks made or not made, but to say his or any other members not participating in tilting at this windmill implies complicity in "a conspiracy to protect Moses" is pure ignorance. Were Moses under protection of the owner, moderators or majority of members this thread would be moved to basement if not deleted outright, much less dragged on for over 650 posts at this moment.

Quote:
What is more, when I come to think of it, I am sure that this must be the work of that magician Frestón, the one who robbed me of my study and my books, and who has thus changed the giants into windmills in order to deprive me of the glory of overcoming them, so great is the enmity that he bears me
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 04:30   #652
gangland
Registered

FALaholic #: 78148
Pretty sure it's all a bust at this point. Called moses, dude told me he'd ship it out tomorrow (this was like last week) Nothing came of it. Not sure what the hell is up with the guy. maybe an oxy addiction or something? who knows, who cares at this point I guess..
gangland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 09:23   #653
fuel fire desire
Registered

FALaholic #: 71050
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangland View Post
Pretty sure it's all a bust at this point. Called moses, dude told me he'd ship it out tomorrow (this was like last week) Nothing came of it. Not sure what the hell is up with the guy. maybe an oxy addiction or something? who knows, who cares at this point I guess..
This is so disappointing. I have a handful of these mags, and they've become all I use. Every interaction Ive ever had with this guy has been fast, professional, and beyond courteous.....bordering on family-like level of care. In most cases emails were returned within the hour. All of this though, was at least 2 years ago.

I would really like to make these work in my RFB, but they require modification (I need to remove a few ribs for them to fit in the RFB's slide-in/ drop-out mag well) but am so paranoid about damaging the ones I have in fear of them not being replaceable.

Has anyone had any luck with ordering through DSA? Does DSA actually have these in stock and on hand? If they drop ship them....Im afraid Ill never get them at this point.
fuel fire desire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2017, 13:56   #654
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangland View Post
Maybe an oxy addiction or something?
That would make sense why he has been behaving squirrelly for at least the last 3 years or so. Show up late or not at all for his own shoots, not delivering work on time, not posting results for his matches, and now this.
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2017, 01:04   #655
gangland
Registered

FALaholic #: 78148
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel fire desire View Post
\

Has anyone had any luck with ordering through DSA? Does DSA actually have these in stock and on hand? If they drop ship them....Im afraid Ill never get them at this point.
Don't even wanna deal with DSA... Seems like all the US FAL manufacturers have all just gone to shit? what's going on here..?
gangland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2017, 04:41   #656
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
I Hope Johnny shows HERE and tells all what is going on with him.

Johnny always treated me right and the Man deserves to stand up for himself.
Best regards to All in this thread.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2017, 20:13   #657
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
That would make sense why he has been behaving squirrelly for at least the last 3 years or so. Show up late or not at all for his own shoots, not delivering work on time, not posting results for his matches, and now this.
Ouch....now that's bad.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2017, 14:17   #658
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Any word on anybody receiving their paid for product ?
fireplug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2017, 16:48   #659
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL FAL View Post
Johnny always treated me right and the Man deserves to stand up for himself.
Best regards to All in this thread.
The man no longer deserves anything other than maybe a tar-and-feathering and a ride out of town on a rail. He has had all the chance in the world to speak up - look how long this thread has been going on - yet nothing. Not that it would mean much since actions speak much louder than words. I mean, what could he possibly say that would justify how he has fukked over so many people for so long ? Any words he has spoken to individuals seem to be consistent lies anyway.

The only things I wish are 1) that everybody would get their orders or otherwise be made right, and 2) Moses would magically disappear from the world of FALs. Number 2 seems to be well underway.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2017, 20:44   #660
fuel fire desire
Registered

FALaholic #: 71050
Has anyone ordered from DSA (or any other retailer) and received mags?

Last I looked DSA had them listed as "in stock".

I'm curious if they actually have them on hand or if they're being drop shipped.
fuel fire desire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2017, 21:21   #661
David N.
Registered

FALaholic #: 12778
I had been watching DSA, and they had not shown them as in stock until July 28th. I ordered some that weekend, and they shipped the 31st. I just looked, and all but the FDE FAL mags now show as out of stock. I would trust that to be accurate.
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2017, 02:49   #662
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
The man no longer deserves anything other than maybe a tar-and-feathering and a ride out of town on a rail. He has had all the chance in the world to speak up - look how long this thread has been going on - yet nothing. Not that it would mean much since actions speak much louder than words. I mean, what could he possibly say that would justify how he has fukked over so many people for so long ? Any words he has spoken to individuals seem to be consistent lies anyway.

The only things I wish are 1) that everybody would get their orders or otherwise be made right, and 2) Moses would magically disappear from the world of FALs. Number 2 seems to be well underway.
Well wish in one hand and shit in the other, you don't get to make the decisions, that's God's job.

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2017, 14:02   #663
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxas View Post
Well wish in one hand and shit in the other, you don't get to make the decisions, that's God's job.
Gee, I am really sorry that wishing for something good is such a travesty.

Besides, God doesn't seem to be helping anybody right now, maybe a few good wishes might be like prayers, mmmmm ??

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

Last edited by J. Armstrong; November 08, 2017 at 15:59.
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote