Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old February 02, 2019, 20:57   #1
madmax_fal
Registered

FALaholic #: 78386
Bad cops and russian roulette

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ol/2716202002/

The people who are dumb enough to play Russian roulette are the people who actually should play it.
Old February 03, 2019, 11:51   #2
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
If the third cop did his duty he would have arrested the first cop for pointing a loaded gun and pulling the trigger at a brother officer. So one dies and one goes to jail but the third one needs to be fired and never able to carry a badge again. Drugs and alcohol on the job , deriliction of duty, lying to protect a brother, being part of a felony manslaughter and a total disgrace to his oath an uniform.

Respect?
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 09:06   #3
Ted Kennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77365
Sounds like they were willing participants. What's the problem?
Ted Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 11:45   #4
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
I rarely agree with Ted Kennedy but where is the crime and where is the victim?
There's a crime in the cover-up but that's about it. They were doing this in an apartment and they may have been on call but that's a department thing and not a real crime.

It sounds like some guys let Darwin do his necessary work. I'm just not seeing a victim.
Old February 04, 2019, 11:55   #5
nwobhm
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FALaholic #: 9580
Hmmmmmn.... 2 male partner officers were present when a female officer was killed?

Am I reading this correctly?

If I am, unless there is video, the 2 male officers are liars.
nwobhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 11:56   #6
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Too bad, pretty girl and pretty dumb!

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 12:47   #7
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
I rarely agree with Ted Kennedy but where is the crime and where is the victim?
There's a crime in the cover-up but that's about it. They were doing this in an apartment and they may have been on call but that's a department thing and not a real crime.

It sounds like some guys let Darwin do his necessary work. I'm just not seeing a victim.
It may have been murder but certainly manslaughter. Russian roulette isn't played with someone else pointing the gun at you, it's played with you pointing it at your own head. Odds are he was forcing her to commit a sex act by pointing a gun in a Russian roulette manner and shot her in the chest when she said no.

Cop pointed a loaded gun at another officer and killed her yet you don't see a crime
Old February 04, 2019, 13:42   #8
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
The shooting needs investigating.

Bawana jim
Suppose 3 people agree to do something. They can be doctors, lawyers, hobos, carpenters or whatever. Their profession doesn't matter. Their professions may add shock value but not legal value.

These three people of whatever gender, or transgender for that matter, decide on a plan of action that doesn't involve any innocent bystanders. It's an agreement between the three.

The plan involves 6 glasses of liquid where one of them contains poison and one of the participants dies. The odds are already known in advance by all the participants.

I'm not saying I agree with their behavior but where is the victim? I would rather they sought out mental treatment than playing their little game.
Old February 04, 2019, 14:16   #9
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
The shooting needs investigating.

Bawana jim
Suppose 3 people agree to do something. They can be doctors, lawyers, hobos, carpenters or whatever. Their profession doesn't matter. Their professions may add shock value but not legal value.

These three people of whatever gender, or transgender for that matter, decide on a plan of action that doesn't involve any innocent bystanders. It's an agreement between the three.

The plan involves 6 glasses of liquid where one of them contains poison and one of the participants dies. The odds are already known in advance by all the participants.

I'm not saying I agree with their behavior but where is the victim? I would rather they sought out mental treatment than playing their little game.
I guess we both make assumptions, I assume she didn't want to die and you assume she was willing to. She isn't here to tell us so all we have is two dirty cops covering up what they did.

People of all persuasion take risk every day, they may race cars on a track or boats in the water and risk death. Heck I bet there are plenty of cops that love the adrenalin they get from the risk they take. I get it. Do you think the young woman was willing to die in something so stupid? Human nature in most cases wants survival but suicide is an option for the rest. Point is he killed her with the revolver, she didn't kill herself. There is way more to the story than what we are being told.
Old February 05, 2019, 11:02   #10
lockjaw
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
"Drugs or alcohol might have role in St. Louis cop's Russian roulette shooting death"

Man, that is dramatic and sexy headline isn't it?! Sexy for the media, sexy for a prosecutor tooting his/her horn....

Never mind that the investigation is ongoing and nobody knows for sure at this juncture. Stirring emotions, assumptions, and catering to persons' preconceived opinions/ignorance of law enforcements, guns, alcohol (good/bad/indifferent) is much sexier.
Old February 05, 2019, 11:32   #11
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
"Drugs or alcohol might have role in St. Louis cop's Russian roulette shooting death"

Man, that is dramatic and sexy headline isn't it?! Sexy for the media, sexy for a prosecutor tooting his/her horn....

Never mind that the investigation is ongoing and nobody knows for sure at this juncture. Stirring emotions, assumptions, and catering to persons' preconceived opinions/ignorance of law enforcements, guns, alcohol (good/bad/indifferent) is much sexier.
Yes, these headlines certainly draw attention. Three cops, one gun homicide. Freakin' liberal rags probably blowing everything out of proportion.

Might have been as simple as a love triangle or a dope deal gone bad.
Old February 05, 2019, 12:36   #12
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:

Ya they should have said "boys will be boys" and moved on.
Old February 06, 2019, 10:53   #13
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
If true, the dead cop was a psycho, with piss poor judgement.

If this was an assassination, then "why?"

The shooter will likely be convicted of manslaughter, and no longer be a cop, or bank guard. Sad end to a career.

He may eat the gun, at some time.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2019, 19:58   #14
lockjaw
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Ya they should have said "boys will be boys" and moved on.
Why is that?

I fail to understand how this situation is humorous.
Old February 07, 2019, 22:24   #15
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Why is that?

I fail to understand how this situation is humorous.
Gillette did an add on toxic masculinity hurting women and men excused it in the add as boys will be boys. Certainly if they were playing russian roulette it was toxic maculinity driving the game, thus boys will be boys. I doubt any of the shooting story is true other than the three cops were there. I also doubt we will ever know the truth as the cops lie to protect each other. Ya nothing humorous in a woman murdered. Nothing humorous in the two murdered in Houston defending there home.
Old February 08, 2019, 08:19   #16
Ted Kennedy
Registered

The on-duty cops were two miles from their assigned beat, at this woman's house.

The police have attempted to hinder investigation, in multiple ways.

My bet is some kind of lust triangle, or perhaps some shady narcotics deals gone bad.

I'm sure this is being handled the same way it would if Joe Citizens were the players.