The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Marketplace

Notices

Old June 05, 2019, 10:17   #1
STGguy
Registered

FALaholic #: 81733
WTB/ WTT-Australian L1A1 Complete Rifle or Parts Kit

Looking to buy my First L1A1 after 20 years with all Metric Variations. Pretty specific on what I'm looking for so I thought I'd put this out there to the group here and see what you all come up with. So, Looking for:

- Rifle- L1A1 Rifle (No Century, British, cut / neutered barrel) with a DS LMT receiver or Enterprise Buena Park or ANBI receiver ONLY. Must have uncut, full sized 21" barrel and good bore.

- Kit- Complete kit with barrel as above, no Century Kit, missing pistol grip stud, etc. Will pay more for quality/ better/ Excellent wood and condition.

Trades considered: I have:

- Pristine STG 58 all Styer rifle, matching bolt, carrier and lower with Styer marked barrel. Mint condition very low round count and in excellent condition with DS/ LMT Type 2 forged receiver (DS-22XXX ser no), collector quality, safe queen.

- Israeli Heavy Barrel Ex. condition built on an Argentine Forged receiver.

Both rifles are my personal collectors and in pristine condition. Will add or - whatever $ needed to make the deal right/ fair to both.

FTF Charlotte, NC area a plus but will ship.

Please send info to IM here and can email pics both ways.

Thank you all for your consideration!
STGguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 08, 2019, 12:26   #2
Fallujahgrunt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80766
Great Files member here....there’s gotta be someone who can help him out?!?!
Old June 11, 2019, 10:29   #3
STGguy
Registered

btt

btt
Old June 12, 2019, 07:42   #4
Fallujahgrunt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 80766
Still shocked no one can help this member out?
Old June 12, 2019, 16:08   #5
baker72
Registered

FALaholic #: 28156
Smile

I have a L1A1.A Lithgow SLR with 21 inch barrel Papua FH on her crossed flags , ABN very nice stock very nice rifle pM l me it you wan to talk turkey also might sell my L2A1 with ligthow L1A1.A receiver AUS 11 all matching lower receiver again I’m opened to talk I’m looking for cash but like US bolt action sniper rifles , or Australian made sniper rifles
baker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 10:39   #6
STGguy
Registered

btt

Anyone?
Old June 19, 2019, 11:06   #7
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
I don't understand...why would anyone ever part with an FAL or L1A1?

Just kidding...I hope you are able to find a good one. I built an Ausie L1A1 years ago and it is one of my favorite rifles. I could never part with it. It would not fit your criteria anyway as I chose to use an Imbel receiver to build it on.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 14:36   #8
STGguy
Registered

LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
I don't understand...why would anyone ever part with an FAL or L1A1?

Just kidding...I hope you are able to find a good one. I built an Ausie L1A1 years ago and it is one of my favorite rifles. I could never part with it. It would not fit your criteria anyway as I chose to use an Imbel receiver to build it on.
What do you like about your L1A1 vs say any of the metric ones that you have? I am looking forward to getting my first one!
Old June 21, 2019, 09:47   #9
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by STGguy View Post
What do you like about your L1A1 vs say any of the metric ones that you have? I am looking forward to getting my first one!
I love history and for me carrying one of my firearms around the farm or on a hike or hunting or just shooting is a way for me to experience some of the history associated with that firearm. So, with the L1A1 I am constantly reminded of the history the Australian involvement in Vietnam, the Malaysian Crisis, of the British troubles in Northern Ireland, Aden, the Falklands War, and the British involvement in the Cold War and the partition of East and West Berlin, etc. My other FAL's give me similar feelings but the L1A1 represents some unique history and causes me to think more about British and Australian history whereas the standard metric FAL would cause me to think of mainland European, African, and Israeli history.

Aside from all that touchy feely stuff I absolutely love the laminated wood handguards on an L1A1. They feel great and they look great. I prefer the sights on the L1A1 over standard metric FAL sights as well. So its not that I actually prefer my L1A1 over metric FALs; it just give me a unique experience when I handle it.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2019, 11:00   #10
STGguy
Registered

L1A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
I love history and for me carrying one of my firearms around the farm or on a hike or hunting or just shooting is a way for me to experience some of the history associated with that firearm. So, with the L1A1 I am constantly reminded of the history the Australian involvement in Vietnam, the Malaysian Crisis, of the British troubles in Northern Ireland, Aden, the Falklands War, and the British involvement in the Cold War and the partition of East and West Berlin, etc. My other FAL's give me similar feelings but the L1A1 represents some unique history and causes me to think more about British and Australian history whereas the standard metric FAL would cause me to think of mainland European, African, and Israeli history.

Aside from all that touchy feely stuff I absolutely love the laminated wood handguards on an L1A1. They feel great and they look great. I prefer the sights on the L1A1 over standard metric FAL sights as well. So its not that I actually prefer my L1A1 over metric FALs; it just give me a unique experience when I handle it.
Makes a lot of sense and that's the exact same reasons I like all FALs, in addition to them being "sexy"! Ok, you twisted my arm, I need one!
Old June 22, 2019, 10:49   #11
STGguy
Registered

btt

btt