The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old October 05, 2017, 21:34   #1
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Military Arms Channel Withdraws From NRA

Effective Immediately: I withdraw my support for the NRA until further notice. I have suspended all support and recruiting efforts. The next couple of videos I have are already edited and have a request for you to join. Please ignore that request. I am currently traveling but will remove the link in my future videos to the NRA website. I will be speaking with NRA leadership soon (hopefully) and if their position is to negotiate in any way whatsoever with anti-gun forces my future support will end and I will resign my membership.

https://www.facebook.com/militaryarm...2hMB1w&fref=nf
Old October 05, 2017, 21:43   #2
fuel fire desire
Registered

FALaholic #: 71050
fuel fire desire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 21:53   #3
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

Hopefully the NRA comes clean.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 21:55   #4
NFADLR
SPANKY
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7480
Did the NRA just pull a Zumbo ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Zumbo

WTS: MINT FN FAL 50.63
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411469
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 22:27   #5
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
What, you aren't going to continue building Wayne's retirement account...?

Yup, they are pretty pathetic, and I say that as a Benefactor Life member of the NRA.

They probably think that they can throw the slidefire stocks to the wolves to ward off even worse stuff.

But once you demonstrate that you're open to negotiation, well, everything and anything is potentially on the table since you're not operating on principle anymore (like the NRA hasn't walked down that road before, to our detriment).

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 22:30   #6
fuel fire desire
Registered

FALaholic #: 71050
...First they'll give up the slide fire....then binary triggers...then coffin mags....then any mag over 30 rounds.....then the shoulder thing that goes up...
fuel fire desire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 22:33   #7
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
Did the NRA just pull a Zumbo ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Zumbo
Pretty much.....
Old October 05, 2017, 22:42   #8
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 22:50   #9
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Really stupid......the NRA is the only reason we all have our FALs and AR15s in the first place. Not to mention Heller and MacDonald.It was inevitable that these stupid toys were going to be misused at some point and banned. The same thing would happen if the NFA was repealed and you could walk into your LGS and buy a select fire ak with just your drivers license. That wouldnt last long once some Muji or some 19 year old virgin Jonesing for some poon got his hands on one and shot up the food court at the mall. This shit only lends credence to the anti gunners claim that modern self loading rifles are all "weapons of war". BTW, I'm not saying that bump stocks should be banned or that we shouldnt get rid of at least the Hughes Amendment. But the reality is, a lot of people will vote our rights away if this kind of thing increases in severity and frequency.

The NRA pulled a smart public relations stunt....they said the ATF should "review" them knowing full well the ATF is going to cover their asses, say they followed the NFA, and punt it to Congress. No way they are going to admit responsibility for this.

Last edited by Impala_Guy; October 06, 2017 at 07:28.
Impala_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 22:50   #10
Illurian00
Registered

FALaholic #: 28599
" and if their position is to negotiate in any way whatsoever with anti-gun forces my future support will end and I will resign my membership."

David Petzal dodged the bullet,,,but the interest net is forevah,,,
Zumbo took the hit,,,timing !

"Of course, Field & Stream‘s David E. Petzal, in 1994, got away with endorsing the original Assault Weapons Ban (which he, however, did criticize for being too broad):

Gun owners — all gun owners — pay a heavy price for having to defend the availability of these weapons. The American public — and the gun-owning public; especially the gun-owning public — would be better off without the hardcore military arms, which puts the average sportsman in a real dilemma.”

http://neveryetmelted.com/tags/david-e-petzal/
Illurian00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2017, 10:36   #11
hansellhd
Registered

FALaholic #: 31152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
Really stupid......the NRA is the only reason we all have our FALs and AR15s in the first place. Not to mention Heller and MacDonald.It was inevitable that these stupid toys were going to be misused at some point and banned. The same thing would happen if the NFA was repealed and you could walk into your LGS and buy a select fire ak with just your drivers license. That wouldnt last long once some Muji or some 19 year old virgin Jonesing for some poon got his hands on one and shot up the food court at the mall. This shit only lends credence to the anti gunners claim that modern self loading rifles are all "weapons of war". BTW, I'm not saying that bump stocks should be banned or that we shouldnt get rid of at least the Hughes Amendment. But the reality is, a lot of people will vote our rights away if this kind of thing increases in severity and frequency.

The NRA pulled a smart public relations stunt....they said the ATF should "review" them knowing full well the ATF is going to cover their asses, say they followed the NFA, and punt it to Congress. No way they are going to admit responsibility for this.
+1

Completely agree.

When these stupid Bump-Fire stocks hit the market I knew it would only be a matter of time before some nut (or terrorist) would abuse them. This is the kind of crap that only makes it harder for the serious Shooter/Collector to exercise his rights under the second amendment. We all get blamed ...Sad.

Last edited by hansellhd; October 07, 2017 at 10:53.
hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2017, 10:39   #12
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
As they say it isn't about hunting. I know I began this journey about history, buying a Belgium Mauser. Reading made me aware of other things so I bought an FN-49. I also watched riots on TV and thought about nuclear war. One day on the job, Texas Rangers said if things get tough you need more than the Mauser. They recommended an HK-91. And there we are. Only hunted a few times, OK. Shotgunning, never. Pistol shoot, OK ( had a long discussion in the DFW airport on way anyone needed a 44 mag vs why anyone needed an AR-15).
The framers of this country got it right. As for the NRA, they are a large organization and they will pick their fights in order to survive. The other side understands incrementalism. Can we as firearm owners survive the glacial politics?
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2017, 13:49   #13
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Why can't the nra put a little less into salaries, duck hunting preserves, and retirement accounts and a little more MUSCLE into real investigations with real results for all to see? Shining the light of day on events like this would go a long way toward ending them. Rhetorical question, I know...
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2017, 14:24   #14
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

With as much traffic as MAC gets if he openly comes out against the NRA, it will give Wayne quite the deserved black eye. Caving cowards.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2017, 14:39   #15
NFADLR
SPANKY
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7480
The NRA is also at least part of the reason that those in a semi free state can't purchase brand new machine guns, McClure Volkmer FOPA that traded milsurps for machine guns.

This alone is enough to keep me from being a NRA member?

WTS: MINT FN FAL 50.63
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411469
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2017, 14:49   #16
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
The NRA is also at least part of the reason that those in a semi free state can't purchase brand new machine guns, McClure Volkmer FOPA that traded milsurps for machine guns.

This alone is enough to keep me from being a NRA member?
As I recall, the Democrats used last minute procedural tricks to get the machine gun ban tacked on.
Old October 06, 2017, 15:10   #17
tdb59
not really a gun guy
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
As I recall, the Democrats used last minute procedural tricks to get the machine gun ban tacked on.
Charlie Rangel declared it passed by voice vote.

https://youtu.be/a6Mx2UcSEvQ

Anyone that believes in appeasement by the ban of a firearm accessory ( slide fire stocks, for instance ) needs a checkup from the neck up.

Matthew 5:16
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 11:13   #18
dmk
Registered

FALaholic #: 8802
The problem is that they didn't made a strategic withdrawal on bump fire stocks. They caved without a fight. They dropped their rifles and ran in the face on the enemy.

If they had fought a while and then made a concession, I'd have more respect for them.

The NRA said that they would go on the offensive now that we have a republican majority. But they gave up ground without any fight at all and without asking for any concessions or compromise.

Now the anti's will take the ground that the NRA gave them and attack further from there.

Quote:

Old October 09, 2017, 13:43   #19
Herr Walther
Registered

FALaholic #: 11681
Those paid dues must buy a lot of Vaseline.
Old October 09, 2017, 15:56   #20
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
you guys knocking the NRA--Do you belong to the SAF? GOA.?? How about JFPO?

During the 60's we had multiple big time assignations-Kennedy=MLK--and senator Robert? Kennedy who was assassinated ..The NRA as at that time a shooting sports org who was in process of going even more into Hunting, trap shooting etc until Neal Knox and co took over at a Members meeting . About the same time the liberals shoved the 68 gun control act up our asses -The NRA was just starting out as a gun rights org ,,, There were NO other gun right orgs out there!

Dont Bitch about the NRA --Just join the GOA and other Gun rights groups ==and OBTW--Just when was the last time you called your senators and congresscritters>?
randy762ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 19:44   #21
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy762ak View Post
you guys knocking the NRA--Do you belong to the SAF? GOA.?? How about JFPO?

During the 60's we had multiple big time assignations-Kennedy=MLK--and senator Robert? Kennedy who was assassinated ..The NRA as at that time a shooting sports org who was in process of going even more into Hunting, trap shooting etc until Neal Knox and co took over at a Members meeting . About the same time the liberals shoved the 68 gun control act up our asses -The NRA was just starting out as a gun rights org ,,, There were NO other gun right orgs out there!

Dont Bitch about the NRA --Just join the GOA and other Gun rights groups ==and OBTW--Just when was the last time you called your senators and congresscritters>?
This. The nra needs to understand they ain't the only game in town anymore and need to rethink who their members are. When the Klinton gun ban happened, the biggest news from the nra was a new duck hunting lodge in Canada they had just finished. What an enormous waste of dues money this was.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 20:07   #22
Jolly Rodgers
Registered

FALaholic #: 15882
A supposed ally who stabs you in the back is 100 times more damaging than a sworn enemy will ever be. NRA has a history of sacrificing our rights to ensure they stay on the gravy train.
Jolly Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 22:08   #23
Olaf
Registered

FALaholic #: 63894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk View Post
They caved without a fight. They dropped their rifles and ran in the face on the enemy.
LaPiere = French (at one point) I'm guessing
Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 23:49   #24
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
LaPierre, from all I've read, is not a committed shooter, but rather a lobbyist who found a sweet gig.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 07:00   #25
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
They are like Walmart they could care less......

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 08:47   #26
Ghost
Registered

FALaholic #: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk View Post
The problem is that they didn't made a strategic withdrawal on bump fire stocks. They caved without a fight. They dropped their rifles and ran in the face on the enemy.

If they had fought a while and then made a concession, I'd have more respect for them.

The NRA said that they would go on the offensive now that we have a republican majority. But they gave up ground without any fight at all and without asking for any concessions or compromise.

Now the anti's will take the ground that the NRA gave them and attack further from there.
Not only this, but the wording of the capitulation, was a recommendation that the Bumpfire stocks, and any thing else that would make it easier to shoot a semi auto rapidly be banned. They almost couldnt have screwed 2A harder.
There wasnt this tit for tat negotiation that NRA supporters seem to be speculating will happen. They flat out folded and RECOMMENDED that a ban be placed.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 09:35   #27
Trypcil
Deep Thunkerer!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
The first law of reaction is don't, think! Emotional response in times of stress are best not made - seems the NRA knee jerked! I wonder if they've been infiltrated somehow?
Old October 11, 2017, 13:41   #28
aussiedave
Registered

FALaholic #: 7307
as a non us citizen politicans don't listen to me, I have no vote, I don't donate money to anyone, I don't drink wine or smoke cigars, yet 3 times a week I get snail mail or email from the NRA begging money or my time. I have sent letters explaining I CANNOT VOTE, I DON'T HAVE SPARE MONEY, I joined to get training cert, but that seems to be something the NRA no longer does in my area. in Australia I worked for the SSAA, it ran ranges, conducted training, did transfers, ran comps, the stuff the NRA use to do..
Old October 12, 2017, 11:08   #29
AGG
Registered

FALaholic #: 27127
A member for years, I cancelled my membership in 1989--- never looked back!!!

Tony
AGG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2017, 07:42   #30
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Btw.....I stopped paying on my membership the year they supported John McCain for president......they might as well have supported Obaracka he did
more for gun sales than any previous president.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote