Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old October 07, 2017, 21:42   #1
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
'Only one thing will work'

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...7-2017-2017-10

"Presidents and their administrations have been talking to North Korea for 25 years, .... The president added that being nice to Kim "hasn't worked in 25 years, why would it work now? Clinton failed, Bush failed, and Obama failed. I won't fail." ... "rocket man" Kim Jong Un was on a "suicide mission," and that if he did not back down, the US would "have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea." .... Sorry, but only one thing will work! ....'

It would appear The Donald has joined the ranks of presidential psychopaths.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 07, 2017, 21:52   #2
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Was reading 2.5 million people will die in the first 30 minutes of the war.
Old October 07, 2017, 22:07   #3
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Nuclear first strike on Pyongyang would be our best shot to get rid of the clown and cut the head of his military to prevent a full-out response from them. Since NK if so hierarchical and leader-intensive, they may not do much if "Dear Leader" is a flaming hunk of charred blubber.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2017, 06:36   #4
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Yeah,

Lots of rumbling at work. Fully expect some kind of military action before the midterm elections.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2017, 09:33   #5
Falfan2017
Registered

FALaholic #: 79031
What does he mean it hasn't worked. We've avoided armed conflict with them for the last 25 years I'd say that's successful.
Falfan2017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2017, 09:59   #6
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
Any military action will work about as well as it did the first time. In a draw.

Considering how well Iraq and Afghanistan are working out, a war with NK may not end in a draw. We might lose.

Fancy toys help you win battles quickly, winning wars seems to be more philosophical in nature.
Old October 08, 2017, 10:42   #7
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

Yep,

The Warmongers might get their wish. The cost in lives for America will be in the thousands, South Korea millions, and North Korea will cease to exist.

Trump is trying to goad fatty Kim Rocket Man into doing something stupid like shooting down a US aircraft. Then its on Like Donkey Kong.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.

Last edited by Thorack; October 08, 2017 at 10:52.
Old October 08, 2017, 10:54   #8
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Was reading 2.5 million people will die in the first 30 minutes of the war.
Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
Old October 08, 2017, 11:14   #9
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
That was in SK and Japan 2.5 would die, no telling how many in NK.
Old October 08, 2017, 13:25   #10
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

OK, more than a few eggs. 2.5 million is just a ballpark number
Old October 08, 2017, 13:36   #11
NFADLR
curmudgeon
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7480
Just take out the head and others that would take his place with the same mindset and no nuke war?

Don't we have a supposid seal team or Cia operatives that could wack this nutcase ?

Not just for the US but every nation he has or is threatening.
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411469
#MakeFoodGreatAgain
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2017, 14:28   #12
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Yep,

The Warmongers might get their wish. The cost in lives for America will be in the thousands, South Korea millions, and North Korea will cease to exist.

Trump is trying to goad fatty Kim Rocket Man into doing something stupid like shooting down a US aircraft. Then its on Like Donkey Kong.

Thorack
That's my guess as well.
Fat boy, to keep his generals in line, orders one shot down, thinking no major response, as has happened in past, and the gates of hell are unleashed on his ass.
Hell, one of his Colonels could order a LT to pop a US aircraft, just to rid NK of the chubby little fellow.
Japan signed on this morning to whatever it takes, Abe trying to hold onto power there.
SK will do whatever, just to survive.
Old October 08, 2017, 16:01   #13
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
That's my guess as well.
Fat boy, to keep his generals in line, orders one shot down, thinking no major response, as has happened in past, and the gates of hell are unleashed on his ass.
Hell, one of his Colonels could order a LT to pop a US aircraft, just to rid NK of the chubby little fellow.
Japan signed on this morning to whatever it takes, Abe trying to hold onto power there.
SK will do whatever, just to survive.
A very interesting possibility.
Old October 08, 2017, 19:22   #14
D P Six
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
Any military action will work about as well as it did the first time. In a draw.

Considering how well Iraq and Afghanistan are working out, a war with NK may not end in a draw. We might lose.

Fancy toys help you win battles quickly, winning wars seems to be more philosophical in nature.
Sounds about right. Given the enthusiasm many here have for yet another war, one possibly going nuclear, I am starting to believe many FAL'ers are very old, tired of living and have no grandchildren they like to play with.
Old October 08, 2017, 20:00   #15
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
We have been playing this stupid game my entire life, 68 years of it. Just when do you all think enough is enough? I have lived this long with nuclear war hanging over the worlds head with every crazy satanic wannabe Hitler/Stalin/Mao dictator threatening the entire world with nuclear weapons.
The free world has allowed these bastards to enslave, torture and murder millions. People of Asia, North and South Korea, Japan, China, Russia, Europe and the USA have been hostages ever since the end of WWII. The vast majority of the world has suffered under this evil because we lack the courage to stop it once and for all. Every day that has gone by it has gotten worse. Trillions in capital has been wasted that could have been used for the betterment of humanity. Instead we have squandered it building weapons that are obsolete faster than we can make them.
Time to take out the dictators of death one by one and end this insanity. Gort, where the hell are you?

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2017, 20:34   #16
D P Six
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerider View Post
Time to take out the dictators of death one by one and end this insanity. Gort, where the hell are you?
'Gort's' job was to destroy humanity if it didn't get it's military house in order. If Gort shows up we're in deep crap!
Old October 08, 2017, 20:39   #17
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
'Gort's' job was to destroy humanity if it didn't get it's military house in order. If Gort shows up we're in deep crap!
No problem, "Gort Klaatu barada" will stop him or was it "Klaatu barada nikto"
Old October 08, 2017, 21:34   #18
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
Nuclear first strike on Pyongyang would be our best shot to get rid of the clown and cut the head of his military to prevent a full-out response from them. Since NK if so hierarchical and leader-intensive, they may not do much if "Dear Leader" is a flaming hunk of charred blubber.

1st shot of anything and NK will attack SK with everything they got.
They won't be waiting around to find out who did, and who didn't get nuked.

..............juanni
Old October 08, 2017, 21:45   #19
ICOM7800
Registered

FALaholic #: 65978
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post

..............juanni
Well maybe but the ROKs aint exactly pussies
ICOM7800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 08, 2017, 22:28   #20
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:

..............juanni
Better them than us in five years.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 05:28   #21
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
This. Exactly. Funny how even now some don't get this.
Old October 09, 2017, 07:42   #22
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

Well,

The problem is they think fatty kim rocket man is a sane actor, by his situation he is not. Our strategy for 40 years was to keep North Korea on life support so they dont fail but dont get any stronger.

That has changed with so many kims kicking the bucket. Kim knows his days are limited, he is not a rational actor

Thorack

Old October 09, 2017, 09:22   #23
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Wouldn't it be best to leave haircut alone?

The US will have much more political and economic clout with Japan and South Korea with the threat of NK

Trump should be able to leverage Russia and China. Little Kim is as much a problem for Putin and Xi Jinping as he is for Trump. This strategy appears just the opposite to most people but a problem child is a problem child. Let China and Russia keep their problem child.

We can spank the little bastard anytime we feel like it but why?
Old October 09, 2017, 18:28   #24
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Chubs signed his own death warrant with a successful hydrogen bomb test and an ICBM that can reach the US.
Folks can't run around telling people they intend to kill ya, when they have the means to do it.
That cartoon about Chubs digging up his dead father and the caption, "Wake up dad, I'm in deep shit!"
Is true.
Old October 09, 2017, 18:56   #25
D P Six
Registered

Quote:
Folks can't run around telling people they intend to kill ya, when they have the means to do it. ....
At recent UN address The Trumpster vowed to “totally destroy North Korea”. It would appear the Trumpster and the Kimster are two peas in a pod. God help us.
Old October 09, 2017, 18:59   #26
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Chubs signed his own death warrant with a successful hydrogen bomb test and an ICBM that can reach the US.
Folks can't run around telling people they intend to kill ya, when they have the means to do it.
That cartoon about Chubs digging up his dead father and the caption, "Wake up dad, I'm in deep shit!"
Is true.
Yep. Essentially he does not have a survivable way out. The Russians in general are chess players, always thinking moves ahead. No Russian worthy of the name would have ever let himself become outmaneuvered like this, least of all by someone as unsubtle as the Donald. The Norks not so much if chubs here is representative of the breed.
Old October 09, 2017, 19:12   #27
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
At recent UN address The Trumpster vowed to “totally destroy North Korea”. It would appear the Trumpster and the Kimster are two peas in a pod. God help us.
Not really.

You left off, on purpose, that Trumps remarks were in response to, IF Chubs first attacked US, Japan, South Korea.

Hate Trump all ya want, but to take a comment completely out of ALL context, left out parts, then quote it to make some worthless point, is the same shit seen on CNN and MSNBC.

Hell, if anyone attacks me and mine, I will totally destroy their worthless asses, does that make me like Chubs?
Old October 09, 2017, 19:21   #28
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Quote:
Not really.

You left off, on purpose, that Trumps remarks were in response to, IF Chubs first attacked US, Japan, South Korea.

Hate Trump all ya want, but to take a comment completely out of ALL context, left out parts, then quote it to make some worthless point, is the same shit seen on CNN and MSNBC.

Hell, if anyone attacks me and mine, I will totally destroy their worthless asses, does that make me like Chubs?
Yeah. It makes you just like Chubs. North Korea is saying to the world "attack us and we'll kill millions" which is exactly what they should be saying, and it is exactly what the USA has been saying since 1945.

Who is really a threat to whom? You need to step out and look at this from an "outside the USA" point of view. We are something like 1000 times as dangerous to NK as they are to us.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 19:29   #29
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
Yeah. It makes you just like Chubs. North Korea is saying to the world "attack us and we'll kill millions" which is exactly what they should be saying, and it is exactly what the USA has been saying since 1945.

Who is really a threat to whom? You need to step out and look at this from an "outside the USA" point of view. We are something like 1000 times as dangerous to NK as they are to us.
Damn, and all this time, I just thought it made me a grown man!

So if that makes me like Chubs, a bad thing in your viewpoint, what would you do if attacked, or your wife or children, roll over and let them have it?
Discuss it?
Call 911?
Write a poem about the evils of violence?
Old October 09, 2017, 19:35   #30
D P Six
Registered

'...if anyone attacks me and mine,' is not the issue. Bringing your legions to the far side of the globe to provocatively sit on someones doorstep, given our history of attacking nations that have NOT attacked us, tends to put even rational people on edge. I stand by my belief that both Trump and Kim are provocateurs courting disaster. An American president you would think should know better.
Old October 09, 2017, 19:38   #31
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Damn, and all this time, I just thought it made me a grown man!

So if that makes me like Chubs, a bad thing in your viewpoint, what would you do if attacked, or your wife or children, roll over and let them have it?
Discuss it?
Call 911?
Write a poem about the evils of violence?
Read what I wrote and not what you thought I wrote. And don't be a dumbass.
Old October 09, 2017, 19:39   #32
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
'...if anyone attacks me and mine,' is not the issue. Bringing your legions to the far side of the globe to provocatively sit on someones doorstep, given our history of attacking nations that have NOT attacked us, tends to put even rational people on edge. I stand by my belief that both Trump and Kim are provocateurs courting disaster. An American president you would think should know better.

Trump is negotiating. Nothing will happen.
Old October 09, 2017, 20:07   #33
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
We've had treaties with Japan and South Korea, to provide for their protection from invasion since the end of WWII and since or before ?? the last time North Korea invaded South Korea.

We're not bringing our legions to the far side of this part of the world, we've been there longer than I have been living.

The only time I'm aware we've been in North Korea, went to war with them, was just that one time in the early fifties.

30,000 troops is far from an Army, our troops are just there to be a trip wire, in the event the North decides to get stupid.
Same as all those years I spent in Germany, and that was legion size, 600,000 troops during the cold war.
Facing off against the old USSR, couple million troops, we would have got our asses kicked there too, for a while at least.

As for invading countries in the middle east, North Africa, I would not have done it, but no one in power listens to me.

We've tried appeasement with the North for a long time now.
Clinton got on TV and said in effect, he'd stopped their nuclear weapons program cold, bought them off, etc.

Both Bushes and obammy ALL tried the same shit, and where did it get us, now they have hydrogen bombs, and workable ICBMs.

Insanity is doing the same shit and expecting a different result.

Trump, decided to go a different way, will it work, no one knows.

Chubs can't survive if he can't blackmail other countries, Trump called his bluff, his daddies bluff, and his grand daddies bluff.

Do we wait until the sob has a hundred ICBMs and nukes to go on them, or do we choke off his income, block his imports and exports, call his bluff, and see what happens, what his own people do to him, and or react to his miscalculations and simply kill his ass when he screws up?

If we keep doing the same thing, this bastards kids and grand kids will be still be playing this extortion shit 60 years from now.
Old October 10, 2017, 21:15   #34
juanni
TROLL

Quote:

As for invading countries in the middle east, North Africa, I would not have done it, but no one in power listens to me.

We have a long history of invading countries, before our recent middle east binge.

................juanni
Old October 10, 2017, 22:28   #35
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
We have a long history of invading countries, before our recent middle east binge.

................juanni
If we carried muskets when we did it, those don't count, just center fire age invasions.
Old October 11, 2017, 12:07   #36
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
If we carried muskets when we did it, those don't count, just center fire age invasions.
Oh going to the one lug Krag didn't slow us down.

.................juanni
Old October 11, 2017, 20:25   #37
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

Hmmm,

Civiliz'em with a Krag!

Thorack

Old October 12, 2017, 11:06   #38
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
I think the only way we can avoid having a war with them, is to convince them (and the Chinese) we are going to have a war with them.
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2017, 11:34   #39
55bird
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 799
As soon as the Chinese think we will respond, they will move in mass, probably already massed, (100,000+)into NK like they did in the 1950's daring us to pull the trigger.
my 2 cents from reading history.
Old October 12, 2017, 13:13   #40
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

Well,

Its common knowledge that the Chinese have several Infantry Divisions on the North Korean Border to keep North Koreans in North Korea. In the 90s North Korea had a famine that killed over 2,500,000 of the population of 22 million. F'ING 10 percent of the population died of starvation!

North Korean defectors talked of watching family or child students in the case of one teacher slowly die of starvation, but being so brain washed that they blamed America despite the millions of tons of food aid the US sent that was only distributed to the North Korean Army. The Kims need to be dead and gone.

Thorack

Last edited by Thorack; October 12, 2017 at 13:27.
Old October 12, 2017, 14:18   #41
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55bird View Post
As soon as the Chinese think we will respond, they will move in mass, probably already massed, (100,000+)into NK like they did in the 1950's daring us to pull the trigger.
my 2 cents from reading history.
I don't believe so, not this go around.

China can't survive a trade war with the US, can't feed all their people now, and taking in 20 million starving NK folks, feeding those, I'm guessing China would prefer the South and the Western countries deal with the North.

China does not want a unified Korea, which would become an economic powerhouse in 20 years, but China taking over the North would become a disaster for them quickly.

And there is always, Chinese folks really don't like Koreans.

Going way out on a limb, if the North gets into a shooting war, China seals their borders and lets the chips fall where they will.
Old October 12, 2017, 14:22   #42
judgedredd
Registered

FALaholic #: 79768
other countries will take side, country like China and Russian,
judgedredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2017, 14:28   #43
judgedredd
Registered

FALaholic #: 79768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falfan2017 View Post
What does he mean it hasn't worked. We've avoided armed conflict with them for the last 25 years I'd say that's successful.
And Yet here we are, whats successful about that.?
judgedredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2017, 19:46   #44
D P Six
Registered

If N Korea falls, China has the US and toadie S Korea on it's border, much like we have done to Russia in Eastern Europe. At some point these country's are going to figure they have nothing to lose and throw down on us and our BS. Then we find out if war with A-Team country's will turn out better than our victories in Iraq, etc, etc, etc.
Old October 12, 2017, 20:31   #45
rowjimmy
Registered

FALaholic #: 21662
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
According to YH, we're the most powerful nation on the Earth and can shoot down anything fired at us. Why you guys so scared?
rowjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2017, 20:34   #46
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
According to YH, we're the most powerful nation on the Earth and can shoot down anything fired at us. Why you guys so scared?
Mama let you out again???
Old October 12, 2017, 20:34   #47
rowjimmy
Registered

FALaholic #: 21662
Quote:
Not really.

You mean like how chubs qualifies his statements with "if attacked?"
rowjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2017, 20:39   #48
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
You mean like how chubs qualifies his statements with "if attacked?"
Didn't know you spoke Korean.
Good for you.
Old October 13, 2017, 00:30   #49
acolonelofcorn
Registered

FALaholic #: 43819
send Dennis Rodman over there with a box of exploding basketballs.
acolonelofcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13, 2017, 06:58   #50
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Here's a thought:

Let's create a position for a well-known neocon, like, say Sarah Palin. She can be the R version of "Community Organizer".

She can address the whole country, and hold a recruitment rally somewhere in flyover country. (make it easier for travel)

All the folks chomping at the bit to go to war can get together in one place, register, and get on a plane to NK, ME, Venezuela, whichever destination they feel compelled to attack.

Shouldn't be long before these "crazy" dictators know what real Americans are capable of. That should put and end to some BS, one way or another.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote