Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old January 11, 2019, 02:50   #1
sharkey
Registered

FALaholic #: 77489
Oregon

What is going on in Oregon?

Ive read more than one thread about all this gun control nonsense being proposed? This last load is from a Senator Wagner and Rep Salinas, with our SDS friends known now as Students for Change...

5rd mag limit?
Chain locks required inside your home for safe storage?
Sale limits on ammo? Something like 20 rounds per month?

Who are these people?

You folks who live there, what are your thoughts on this?

Link -
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...501/Introduced

Last edited by sharkey; January 11, 2019 at 02:52. Reason: add link
sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 13:34   #2
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
california liberals trying to escape mexicans and taxes.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 13:57   #3
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Question: Where the Hell is the NRA? They are obviously AWOL. Did David Hogg scare them that badly?

I think the NRA has gotten the last $ from me!
Whydah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2019, 15:52   #4
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Oregon is commie central.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 03:02   #5
Insider
Registered

FALaholic #: 1183
Are you people in Oregon going to put up with this nonsense? Why aren't you marching on your capitol? Are you going to just let them make criminals out of you? Sack up!!!
Old January 12, 2019, 08:16   #6
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post

5rd mag limit?
Sale limits on ammo? Something like 20 rounds per month?
Sounds reasonable to me...please send all high cap mags to Kansas for disposal.
Incognito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 09:54   #7
Arby
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 653
Quote:

Link -
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...501/Introduced
I believe such idiocy has been addressed by the Heller decision.
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 12:17   #8
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
Are you people in Oregon going to put up with this nonsense? Why aren't you marching on your capitol? Are you going to just let them make criminals out of you? Sack up!!!
Oregon has been run by democrats for 35 years because of our mail in vote system, it's corrupt. Dems always have enough votes to win and even in the beginning when they didn't know how many to print up to win they owned the courts.

We did push hard and got on the ballot that it's up to our sherriff if any new gun control laws are constitutional. If 501 passes it will be the sherriff that has to go door to door. The voters told the sherriff not to in all but two counties.
Old January 13, 2019, 14:33   #9
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
A key to understanding Oregon is the fact that two counties can carry the entire state. While there are many who.dont share the opinion of those two counties, the quantity always rules over quality. Wish us luck and get ready to put your money where your mouth is, back home, because shit talk dont make yer rights safe, out there in fly over country.
Old January 13, 2019, 14:46   #10
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Oregon has climbed on the list with California, Maryland, NY and NJ. It is spreading.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2019, 01:19   #11
Insider
Registered

Hey Oregon, cut out the cancer before its too late!
Old January 14, 2019, 01:59   #12
old_spambo
Registered

FALaholic #: 75387
It is too late. The commies have super majorities in both branches of the
legislature and a commie governor. Just bring the bill up for vote,
get a majority in the house and senate and send it to the lesbo bitch
governor for signature.

Speaking of SB 501 which was literally written by high school kids,
I don't think the 5 round magazine limit, sheriff approval and
20 rounds of ammo/month with background check will be
given much consideration. Whoever Wager is should lose his job
since he/she admitted he/she had no idea if it was constitutional
or not. But the fool submitted it anyways. WTF

It's only a matter of time before a AWB of some sort is implemented
here.

Spambo
old_spambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2019, 10:05   #13
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Hey Oregon, cut out the cancer before its too late!
So with just a little history in mind I will point out that Oregon has been fighting the liberal gun grabbers for decades. Roseburg oregon had a school shooting in 2015 and Obama and Kate brown where going to a memorial there to capitalize on the killing and ask for more gun controls.

Thousands of us went armed to Roseburg in protest and I am sure it embarrassed Kate when gun toting orgonians showed up in Roseburg. So what was her response to protest? The next protest that came along her and obummer went to full government response with infiltrators, drones and an FBI hit team. That was 2016.

Last year thousands of oregon gun owners protested again at the state capital and in the streets plus we managed to get on the ballot to pass in all but two counties that our sherriff decide if the gun laws are constitutional.

We have been fighting while the the world watches, just like a shooting match where guys work to put it together while others stand and watch.
Old January 16, 2019, 06:38   #14
Registered

FALaholic #: 66611
Keep fighting the good fight BJ. We have had a hard time here in VT as well. Too many flatlanders (NY, CT, MA, NJ), have moved in, and now own us. We do what we can but it just not enough. We are solidly behind enemy lines. You guys in flyover country may need to air drop us ammo, in the near future.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2019, 16:58   #15
MACV
Registered

FALaholic #: 1167
You ever consider the gun laws in states that have legal weed. You ever read ATF Form 4473 Section 11-e. A lot of people in Oregon can't legally purchase a firearm anyway. Flyover States indeed
Old January 17, 2019, 17:08   #16
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
There are people marching on the Capitol building.

There are people calling the state reps.

We don't think it's going to pass, but there are multiple bills. Probably going to have to go to court on at least one of them.

Probably a bunch of non-compliance before it's settled.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2019, 19:49   #17
medicmike
Registered

FALaholic #: 3183
Wagner himself said it was very unlikely to pass. I believe this is a diversion to get some of the other bills to pass. Idaho is looking better to me all of the time....getting so sick of the f'king commies in this state. This is not what my ancestors came out on the Oregon Trail for.

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2019, 20:20   #18
sharkey
Registered

FALaholic #: 77489
>>>>>The next protest that came along her and obummer went to full government response with infiltrators, drones and an FBI hit team. That was 2016.<<<<<

Is the FBI not on the side of the Law?

We are going thru something like this here in Pittsburgh, Pa. Some of you will remember the Synagogue shooting.

At a recent press conference Democrat Mayor Peduto, flanked by Democrat PA Gov Wolfe decides he is going to ban AR15's along with related semi auto centerfire weapons from the city. This is clearly illegal because PA gun laws are the same across the entire state, meaning all local laws are pre-empted. What bothers me is these elected officials know that their actions are illegal, yet they continue to do them anyway?

Pittsburgh Democrat District Attorney Zappala made comments to the news on Tuesday that the Mayors' actions were illegal.
sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2019, 20:25   #19
Invictus77
The Colonel 1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
No it is true, Oregon is truly lost!

I was just on the phone with member Elkaholic. He sold all his guns, became a liberal, and has stopped eating red meat. His exact words!

He did not mention his truck to me, but if anyone has a Subaru they want to trade for a Dodge pick-up, I'm sure he would like to hear from you
Old January 17, 2019, 22:26   #20
medicmike
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post

I was just on the phone with member Elkaholic. He sold all his guns, became a liberal, and has stopped eating red meat. His exact words!

He did not mention his truck to me, but if anyone has a Subaru they want to trade for a Dodge pick-up, I'm sure he would like to hear from you

Unfortunately I think Oregon is truly lost, makes me almost wish for a Cascadia Event

Old January 20, 2019, 09:52   #21
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post

Why would anyone in their right mind want to trade a reliable Japanese made Subaru for a POS Dodge??
Incognito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2019, 10:53   #22
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Why would anyone in their right mind want to trade a reliable Japanese made Subaru for a POS Dodge??
Most Subarus are made in the US these days. Not all, mind you, but all Legacy, Ascent, Outback, and Impreza models but for the WRX and WRX STI. Those, the Forester, and the BRZ are Jap only.

Otherwise, I agree, who would want to do such a thing?
Old January 20, 2019, 13:14   #23
snowhawk jockey
Registered

Quote:

Me! Me! Me! I can offer up a daily driver, nearly original owner, classic '98, Indiana built Legacy wagon, with a mere 315k on the original motor. It has been across the US/Canada and up to AK, so its seen much of the country, already. There is only a little bit of kid residue left on the back door panels, as most has worn off. Have the 'holic, formerly known as Elk, give me a buzz!

While the urban camoflage effect (nobody expects a Sub would hold much iron, just skis) and over the two-track trail speed beats most trucks/jeeps, they have their draw backs.

Its hard to pull a man sized boat, camp trailer or stumps, with a Subaru, let alone pack a cord of firewood. Proper trips to the desert, that include a selection of irons, cans to feed them, steel to bang on and a pinch of camping gear, will still leave most of the roof rack available for passengers, to sit on the ice chest. Though a quartered up elk might stack into the back of a wagon, with the mount and hide strapped to the roof, it would be a stinky ride...

When they came for California, I stood by and bitched, when they came for Illinois, I stood by and bitched, when they came for Oregon, I stood by and bitched, by the time they finally came for me, there was noone (nowhere) left to help(run).

Last edited by snowhawk jockey; January 20, 2019 at 17:12.
snowhawk jockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2019, 14:34   #24
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
There are people marching on the Capitol building.

There are people calling the state reps.

We don't think it's going to pass, but there are multiple bills. Probably going to have to go to court on at least one of them.

Probably a bunch of non-compliance before it's settled.
Oregon has two "city states" controlling the whole of Oregon, if I understand this correctly.

People inside large urban areas have many things in common.

With "fear" being high on the list.

Fear is easy to manipulate in large populations.

Fear's fertile valley, is where people "feel" they are not safe, that the authorities are not in control, to be in a position to protect them, from whatever they fear, as being evil/dangerous.

These two city states are terrified, of 30 round magazines, and are really terrified of people not complying with their demands, that 30 round magazines be banned from existence, turned in, destroyed.

Print up 500, a 1000 would be better, pictures of 30 round AR mags.
Write/print on the bottom of the picture;

These are not evil, we will never surrender these.

Quietly,,,,Post the 500/1000 pictures up on every public place, bulletin board, scatter around buses, trains, public transport, all around these two cities overnight.

A staple gun, a shoulder bag, one ream of paper, one picture, one simple sentence.

When the people get up in the morning, and they see these all over these two cities,,,,,,,,,,

Its not illegal, its not a threat, its fully protected free speech.

When the "fear" filled people see these, everywhere they look, all put up overnight, without anyone seeing who did it,,,,, scattered around where they live, they will go nuts, demanding draconian actions take place and take place NOW!

Their imagination, fear induced panic, will create "monsters" behind every bush.

Sit back a week, then repeat!

What will this do?

It will tell everyone, they are not in control.

Right now, today, firearms owners are living in fear, fear of the "no" knock on their door in the middle of the night, fear of arrest, etc.

The "people" causing you fear, are living rent free in your heads.

IF this action(s) causes the people who "think" they are in control, to order door to door raids, on EVERYONE, you win!

Most of these people voting for this crap, can't tell a 30 round magazine from a lump of coal, but they do understand, not being raided overnight, having their homes/cars searched, being stopped and frisked, while waiting for their starbucks coffee.

The good people of Oregon, many other states are in a war right now, for their right to be safe from a tyrannical government, and,,,,,what comes AFTER these people disarm you?????

Play their game, you loose, take control, you win.

400 plus pages of a how to booklet;

They are using this against you.

https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-05-301.pdf

OF COURSE, all of the above is a simple academic exercise, simple discussion.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2019, 15:25   #25
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2019, 15:41   #26
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Printing up something along these lines, and again, putting them up overnight everywhere, without being seen, with the added message, "you are not in control!"

Ridicule works wonders too!

Whatever is done, have a simple message, "You are not in control!" etc, along the bottom, drives these people nuts, when challenged, and challenged people do really dumb shit.

Mark your tag line/signature, so these "people" know where it came from.

Old January 20, 2019, 22:59   #27
Insider
Registered

You really want to drive them nuts, start a campaign to ban Starbucks! Put up guns and coffee posters everywhere with the big red line through them.
Old January 21, 2019, 00:34   #28
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Start a rumor, Starbucks is owned by a conservative republican Baptist from Texas, most of em would believe it!!!!

Old January 23, 2019, 12:06   #29
Insider
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Start a rumor, Starbucks is owned by a conservative republican Baptist from Texas, most of em would believe it!!!!
Tell them its owned by Chic-Fil-a!
Old January 23, 2019, 13:41   #30
snowhawk jockey
Registered

Quote:
Tell them its owned by Chicks-w/Fals-eh!
Fixt it for you!
Old January 23, 2019, 14:09   #31
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Folks coming for you and your means to resist the socialist/communist take over of the country fully understand psy ops, use it daily, being how they've made so many gains with the masses on the issues.

We're in a war right now for the direction of our country, folks can do a lot of things to fight back, that's legal.

That lone toothless indian near by himself, now has half the country looking at the red MAGA hats as a sign of the KKK, AB, all things evil, with a few simple lies told on TV, as well as shutting down free speech, assembly, and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Half the country now knows it was all a lie, but the other half believes this shit.

The people on the "other" side, understand exactly what they are doing, and will win this war if folks behind enemy lines don't wise up and fast.

People vote on emotions/beliefs.

The people in Oregon voted in these people and vote to keep these law makers in office passing these lies, distortions, assaults on the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Said another way, people in Oregon, other states behind enemy lines keep doing what they have in the past, will wake up shortly as slaves to people like this Cortez bitch.

Fight back or roll over.

Old January 23, 2019, 14:37   #32
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Here'a a perfect example of what's being done!

This has NOTHING to do with a damned hat, and everything to do with killing free speech.

Stop free speech, you stop all dissent, you stop dissent, you win!

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...as-a-kkk-hood/

Old January 23, 2019, 14:45   #33
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

And another

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...have-happened/

They are working overtime to stop all free speech, threats of murder and being burned alive, will do that.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/23/c...udent-threats/

And from tha history professor, people, ALWAYS make threats to murder and burn you alive, before actually murdering you and or burning you alive.

Rule number one, when anyone says they intend to kill you, believe them.

Old January 23, 2019, 18:57   #34
mike minihan
Registered

FALaholic #: 16051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Oregon has been run by democrats for 35 years because of our mail in vote system, it's corrupt. Dems always have enough votes to win and even in the beginning when they didn't know how many to print up to win they owned the courts.

We did push hard and got on the ballot that it's up to our sherriff if any new gun control laws are constitutional. If 501 passes it will be the sherriff that has to go door to door. The voters told the sherriff not to in all but two counties.
Which 2 counties didn't?
Old January 23, 2019, 20:16   #35
medicmike
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike minihan View Post
Which 2 counties didn't?
Jackson and Lincoln were the two counties that the 2a sanctuary laws didn't pass

https://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.co...ion-for-eight/

Old January 23, 2019, 20:36   #36
mike minihan
Registered

FALaholic #: 16051
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
Jackson and Lincoln were the two counties that the 2a sanctuary laws didn't pass

https://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.co...ion-for-eight/
That figures,huh ? A bunch of roundheads voted it down .
Old January 23, 2019, 20:45   #37
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
Quote:
Sounds reasonable to me...please send all high cap mags to Kansas for disposal.
Yep, to sell the surplus at local gun shows........
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2019, 20:50   #38
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
First, surrender your hi cap magazines.

Second, surrender the remaining magazines.

Third, surrender your guns.

Fourth, become subjects under control of the government.
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2019, 21:04   #39
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
Quote:
>>>>>The next protest that came along her and obummer went to full government response with infiltrators, drones and an FBI hit team. That was 2016.<<<<<

Is the FBI not on the side of the Law?.
Umm, no. The head of the FBI is a.political appointee so the FBI's agenda is basically set by whomever appoints them, much like most local police dept Chief of Police are appointed/hired by the local mayor or City Council. Sheriff's on the other hand in general are elected by their constituents and rule accordingly.
Old January 23, 2019, 21:19   #40
2barearms
I really don’t hate you
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
I’m headed to Idaho to do spec homes.......

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2019, 21:56   #41
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I'm contemplating a move from Colorado. My shortlist is New Braunfels/Hill Country Texas, Bozeman MT, Boise ID or Reno NV.

Looking for hunting and outdoors recreation opportunities with long term pro 2a in a large enough population area to provide good job opportunities. Texas has little or no public land for hunting, Reno/NV has everything I am looking for but NV sounds like it is heading down the California path which is why I am considering leaving Co. Bozeman is intriguing but gets cold as shit and the governor is pro gun control.. which leaves Boise. I've heard it's heavily Mormon and is experiencing some Californication but ID in general is still massively pro gun outside of Boise.

It's getting tough out there. People need to start getting involved. The idea or belief amount ng many of us is that the courts would rule in our favor but I don't think the courts are on our side anymore.
Old January 24, 2019, 00:00   #42
Bawana jim
Registered

I see Colorado is trying to do away with the magazine ban..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3722429/posts
Old January 24, 2019, 00:06   #43
def90
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I see Colorado is trying to do away with the magazine ban..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3722429/posts
Someone has entered that bill every year and it gets always gets voted down in committee.

The reality is that this year we now have all 3 branches in dem hands and red flag laws are already being presented as being passed before they have even been entered in to record as well as there are a few more anti gun bills in the wings.

The dems still remember the recalls from 2013 but they are emboldened with the passage of the Boulder Assault Rifle Ban and the recent election that gave them back all 3 branches.
Old January 29, 2019, 12:24   #44
Bawana jim
Registered

as a life member of a gun club who has worked hard to keep oregon gun rights I am feeling kinda good this week. It's fairly warm here for weather, going to be in the 50s in my area. The good part is the cold reception I got from those who didn't want me in their state has turned back on them. Your hearts are cold so may as well have a cold ass with it.
Old January 29, 2019, 12:34   #45
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Defeatist seem to run in packs, find safety and security among their own kind.

Just saying.