The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Suggestions and Technical Support

Notices

Old August 18, 2018, 13:28   #1
TraFALgar
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4366
Question Connection resets with Firefox

I'm running Firefox ver. 61.0.2 (64 bit) on a Windows 10 PC over wi-fi. I'm not currently running any proxy servers.
About half the time I try to access a FALfiles page, the screen will freeze after loading partial page. At the bottom, it says "Transferring data from www.falfiles.com". Then after a few seconds, it brings up an error screen:
"The connection was reset .. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Sometimes refreshing the screen will complete loading the page; sometimes toggling "Tracking Protection" will allow it to complete (I suspect this just triggers a refresh). I've tried the usual tired old suggestions of clearing cache, deleting cookies, & "Refresh Firefox" to no avail. The problem seems to happen primarily on forum sites like FALfiles and AKfiles. Everything seems to work fine when I use Internet Explorer 11.
Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
TraFALgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2018, 13:34   #2
308/223shooter
FALAholic enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Mine did that off and on, mostly during high use { the missus and kids on-line at the same time as me }. FireFox just updated a couple days ago, and I've not had any issues since.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2018, 14:44   #3
TraFALgar
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4366
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, the problem could be server load dependent or maybe ISP load dependent (?). I'm the only user on my "home wi-fi net", so it doesn't seem like it should be a problem on my end of the connection. Maybe there's some parameter tweak to increase Firefox's connection reset timeout.

Firefox says it updated to the latest version August 9, so that hasn't helped.
TraFALgar is online now   Reply With Quote