Home made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS5xnTqnlfM

WW2
http://www.ima-usa.com/british-sten-...-new-made.html
and this is the nice brass one for under $40.00

If you ever get a double stack, double feed gun look into the
EasyLoader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y534P4L23sk
I only have the older metal ones - latest gunshows had plastic ones - I'd keep my eye out for metal
I love it for AR, UZI, M2 Carbine, M14 mags

Last edited by Artful; January 03, 2013 at 21:37.
Artful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013, 22:58   #52
Sampson1986
Renegade
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 43374
02/14/13 Update: The Sten arrived at my dealer's shop last week. I completed my portion of the Form 4 and Certification of Compliance and mailed them, along with a copy of my trust and a couple Schedule A's (one showing the Sten and signed, one blank but signed), to my dealer. My dealer (Mr.H) is meeting with an area BATFE agent who is going to discuss his understanding of the trust transfer route (Mr. H has no trust transfer experience) so that we will be good with the paperwork from the get go (hopefully). Next Saturday, my old man and I will be taking the 80 mile trip to shoot the Sten, with the added bonus of seeing (and maybe shooting) some of my dealer's extensive WWII full auto collection (Thompson, M2 Carbine, BAR, 50 BMG, etc.) - I'm looking forward to it.

I've been trying to keep busy with other gun projects so I don't think about the Sten too much. Hopefully, I can make my FAL build last for the rest of 2013.
Old February 15, 2013, 09:43   #53
m60shooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 69167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson1986 View Post
02/14/13 Update: The Sten arrived at my dealer's shop last week. I completed my portion of the Form 4 and Certification of Compliance and mailed them, along with a copy of my trust and a couple Schedule A's (one showing the Sten and signed, one blank but signed), to my dealer. My dealer (Mr.H) is meeting with an area BATFE agent who is going to discuss his understanding of the trust transfer route (Mr. H has no trust transfer experience) so that we will be good with the paperwork from the get go (hopefully). Next Saturday, my old man and I will be taking the 80 mile trip to shoot the Sten, with the added bonus of seeing (and maybe shooting) some of my dealer's extensive WWII full auto collection (Thompson, M2 Carbine, BAR, 50 BMG, etc.) - I'm looking forward to it.

I've been trying to keep busy with other gun projects so I don't think about the Sten too much. Hopefully, I can make my FAL build last for the rest of 2013.
i'll never forget the first time i shot a sten, i pulled the trigger & it fired once then i thaught it jammed. then it fired again then again then again. it had an extremely slow rate of fire. that's a good thing. it took a while to get used to after playing with m-11"s. always recamend a suppressor for sub guns. much more enjoyable.. good luck
Old February 26, 2013, 11:02   #54
FUUN063
Registered

FALaholic #: 35576
You could have another bolt taken to a machine shop and turned down in the center to lighten it up. This will increase the rate of fire, if so desired. I like STENs.

Leland
FUUN063 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2013, 21:45   #55
SteveFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 67516
Congrats! A very good acessory would be...

A progressive reloading press.
It will not necessarily cause you to spend less on ammo, but it will allow you to shoot more for the same money.... :-)
Have fun!
SteveFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2013, 13:48   #56
Sampson1986
Renegade
Bronze Contributor

Thanks, guys.

The Mk. II looks really, really good. I would have never thought Jonathan Ciener could crank out something so nice.

Anyway, the trip to my C3 dealer was pretty good. He's a WWII fan and his full auto collection is something else. When he opened up his very last safe with the big boys (Browning M2, MG34, 1919, Jap. T99, Lewis, BAR, Vickers, and a couple others), I nearly pissed myself. Very cool.

Paperwork has been sent to Atlanta. Now for the big wait.
Old August 29, 2013, 18:34   #57
Sampson1986
Renegade
Bronze Contributor

Getting close now.

NFA Branch has sent my Forms back twice now - to correct a couple of small mistakes. Supposedly, that means my Forms are on the top of the pile.

Hoping to have the Mark II in my gun safe by September 15th. It has been an interesting ride. Funds willing, I hope to do it again in the future.

Old January 11, 2014, 20:21   #58
Sampson1986
Renegade
Bronze Contributor

The wait is finally over.

Picked up my approved Form 4 and MK. II today.

She runs like a raped ape.
Old January 12, 2014, 02:51   #59
riffraff2
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 54720
Welcome to the world of the NFA. I can't afford the NFA item(s) that I would really like to own unless I hit the lottery and am in the process of selling the NFA items I do own.

Don't forget, if you move, you have something like 30 days to notify the BATFE that you have done so and I recommend you send your notification Certified and return receipt requested. It is close to the same requirements of your drivers license, vehicle registrations, insurance addy's, except the penaltys are a little more severe since this is a federal thing and has multitudes more layers of crap than most any state agency you might have dealt with before.

Have fun.
Old January 12, 2014, 19:27   #60
Artful
Registered

FALaholic #: 10191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson1986 View Post
The wait is finally over.

Picked up my approved Form 4 and MK. II today.

She runs like a raped ape.
Congratulations - Hope you never have any problems
and enjoy the heck out of it.

So what's next on the list?
Old January 13, 2014, 07:12   #61
Sampson1986
Renegade
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
So what's next on the list?
My dealer has a NIB Mini-Uzi in closed bolt configuration. Gonna see what what he wants for it.
Old January 13, 2014, 14:00   #62
Skilter
Registered

FALaholic #: 1021
Loved my Mini-Uzi... Not sure on the closed bolt conversion though. If it is in list to get, I would look for a NIB Vector Mini. The are still quite a few out there.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
--------------------------------------------
M 7:7-14 tells you all you need to know.
Skilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2014, 18:30   #63
Sampson1986
Renegade
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilter View Post
Loved my Mini-Uzi... Not sure on the closed bolt conversion though. If it is in list to get, I would look for a NIB Vector Mini. The are still quite a few out there.
The closed bolt Mini Uzi my dealer has is a Vector.

I had never heard of such an animal before last Saturday. My dealer said that they are very uncommon but do exist. He apparently knows of two and he happens to have one of them.

I personally don't know if I like the idea of a closed bolt Uzi but one of my co-trustees (my dad) really likes it and is willing to meet me halfway. The estimate my dealer gave me was $7k-$9k which tells me he has less than that into it and we can probably get it for around $13.5k tops.
Old January 13, 2014, 22:14   #64
doneill
Registered

FALaholic #: 68000
closed bolt mini

I have a full size vector. No issues with Gi ball ammo. I had a semi feed ramp installed so that it would feed subsonic truncated cone 147 gr bullets. Now it eats anything.

With a Bowers CAC 9 suppressor and 158 gr Fiocchi rounds it is a pretty sounding gun too.

I had a semi conversion kit made for it so that I could compete n closed bolt matches, but the lip that was welded into the bolt to convert the semi bolt to FA configuration broke so i never have trusted it. The semi parts limit bolt movement so it runs faster than when the regular fa parts are in it. I don't low, but this might be true for the mini too.

Good luck.
doneill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2014, 02:28   #65
aardq
Registered

FALaholic #: 18645
Riff has it right about the certified letter to ATF if you move. Just got the word yesterday that my FNC is now able to be picked up. It was delayed because the previous owner sent the move notice regular mail. The ATF lost the letter or never made the change in their records, and sent the approval to ship the gun to the owner's old address. It took 6 months to get that figured out. And be sure to put the return receipt in a safety deposit box some you know where it is in case it's ever needed.

Dan
aardq is offline   Reply With Quote