Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Old January 02, 2019, 20:13   #1
Falcon
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 2049
Proxibid G-Series...

Looks to be a G-Series (#G1283) up for auction on Proxibid...https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...ation/45580384
Old January 02, 2019, 20:23   #2
fussbudget
Registered

FALaholic #: 81806
I wonder what the final price will be.
fussbudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2019, 21:31   #3
goon
Registered

FALaholic #: 9673
The internet premium is a real kick in the chest too. Adds 18% to every penny you bid.
goon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2019, 21:50   #4
fussbudget
Registered

Yikes I watched one on Rock Island Auctions go out of site price wise so I just couldn't continue.
Old January 02, 2019, 21:59   #5
auggiedoggie
Registered

FALaholic #: 80476
Get a load of this!! Sells for 11K

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793910872
auggiedoggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2019, 22:12   #6
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
GB auctions have a tendency to do weird things sometimes. Interesting that this wasn’t a bidding war...

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2019, 22:26   #7
auggiedoggie
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
GB auctions have a tendency to do weird things sometimes. Interesting that this wasn’t a bidding war...
Also weird that it was not unfired and zero accessories.
Old January 02, 2019, 22:33   #8
Arby
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
Looks to be a G-Series (#G1283) up for auction on Proxibid...https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...ation/45580384
It would be nice to see some pics of the left side of the rifle.
Arby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2019, 23:30   #9
fussbudget
Registered

Yeah no bidding war that is kind of odd.
Old January 03, 2019, 07:06   #10
Lee Carpentieri
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4936
Arby

You have to wait about 30 seconds and then go towards the bottom of the screen and all the pictures will load.
Old January 03, 2019, 08:22   #11
Arby
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Carpentieri View Post
You have to wait about 30 seconds and then go towards the bottom of the screen and all the pictures will load.
Thanks, Lee. I guess I wasn't patient enough.
Arby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2019, 16:46   #12
oleblu72
Registered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 29908
Quote:
Originally Posted by goon View Post
The internet premium is a real kick in the chest too. Adds 18% to every penny you bid.

I got the boot for beechin about the buyers premium from a gun auction house in Cleveland Oh. The wanted me to give a review of what I thought about what I bought and about what I thought about their service. I said everything went fine the only thing I didn't like was the outrageous buyer premium fee and that's all I said. The next auction they had I tried to make a bid and was unable to so I called them and the guy asked if I just did a review and I said yes and he asked me what I said in the review so I told him and he said that probably did it he said the computer probably bounced me.

Mark
oleblu72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2019, 10:41   #13
Surly
Registered

FALaholic #: 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleblu72 View Post
I got the boot for beechin about the buyers premium from a gun auction house in Cleveland Oh. The wanted me to give a review of what I thought about what I bought and about what I thought about their service. I said everything went fine the only thing I didn't like was the outrageous buyer premium fee and that's all I said. The next auction they had I tried to make a bid and was unable to so I called them and the guy asked if I just did a review and I said yes and he asked me what I said in the review so I told him and he said that probably did it he said the computer probably bounced me.

Mark
The computer didn't have the delicate feelers that you hurt.

I can understand a guy having to make a few bucks, but some of those premiums, both buyer and seller, are comparable to the rates charged by the scumbag payday lenders. The seller gets bent over too.

An armed civilian is a citizen.
A disarmed civilian is a SUBJECT.

MCLMM

Former NRA Lifer
Surly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2019, 17:13   #14
dvader
Registered

FALaholic #: 53342
Someone paid real money for it:

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...ation/45580384

$8750! does that include the 18% internet premium?
dvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2019, 19:15   #15
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvader View Post

I don’t believe so...

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
Old January 16, 2019, 20:03   #16
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvader View Post

There's one born every minute.......

Where are these highflyers when I sell something

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2019, 20:17   #17
auggiedoggie
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
There's one born every minute.......

Where are these highflyers when I sell something
How about this one.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793910872
Old January 16, 2019, 21:48   #18
kysjck
Registered

FALaholic #: 31833
The commercial G series FALs including this one, were NOT select fire. Some were imported as class 3. Some were converted and became class 3. You would think GB would know that. I wonder if the bids were inflated by this fraudulent description. Maybe all sellers can do the same. After all a real transferable G series FAL would cost more than 25 grand.
kysjck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:30   #19
Lee Carpentieri
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4936
G-series that was on GB

Somebody lied their ass off on that one. You can plainly see where at least 50 to 100 rounds have hit the upper receiver. Then the dent on the lower right side just behind the butt stock furrel.
Old Yesterday, 08:08   #20
Surly
Registered

Lying or not, the real tragedy here is that he has three other guns listed that he claims are unfired. Who the hell buys guns and doesn't shoot them? Firearms are made to be shot, not collected and stored. What a waste.

MCLMM

Former NRA Lifer
Old Yesterday, 09:13   #21
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiedoggie View Post
Now you are just rubbig it in

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
Old Yesterday, 09:19   #22
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Lying or not, the real tragedy here is that he has three other guns listed that he claims are unfired. Who the hell buys guns and doesn't shoot them? Firearms are made to be shot, not collected and stored. What a waste.
I would hardly call it a tragedy. There are plenty of folks who collect things just for the pleasure of owning them. Nothing wrong with that. I have guns I shoot and motorcycles I ride. I also have some guns I do not shoot and bikes I do not ride. Each category has its own pleasures and rewards.

Old Yesterday, 09:22   #23
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
When you’re paying what some of us do for pristine factory examples, you can decide wether or not you want to shoot them.

Old Yesterday, 21:30   #24
Surly
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
When you’re paying what some of us do for pristine factory examples, you can decide wether or not you want to shoot them.
I have three transferable subguns that were pristine and not cheap. I chose to shoot them and enjoy them with others. They're still worth at least twice what I paid for them 10 years ago. I'm going to be buying more once the house payment is gone...and they will be shot as well.

Life is too short to collect shit that has no purpose other to say "I've got..." that ultimately gets sold off by others that don't give a shit after you're dead.

MCLMM

Former NRA Lifer
Old Yesterday, 21:41   #25
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
I have three transferable subguns that were pristine and not cheap. I chose to shoot them and enjoy them with others. They're still worth at least twice what I paid for them 10 years ago. I'm going to be buying more once the house payment is gone...and they will be shot as well.

Life is too short to collect shit that has no purpose other to say "I've got..." that ultimately gets sold off by others that don't give a shit after you're dead.
Ok...I have a handful of high-end FNs and others that are prestine that I choose not to shoot, as I have others that aren’t as collectible that I take out and use.

Given the choice between a NIB LW G and an SAR-48, the SAR is going to be chosen to blast with every time.

Old Yesterday, 22:03   #26
Invictus77
The Colonel-1C16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
I would hardly call it a tragedy. There are plenty of folks who collect things just for the pleasure of owning them. Nothing wrong with that. I have guns I shoot and motorcycles I ride. I also have some guns I do not shoot and bikes I do not ride. Each category has its own pleasures and rewards.
Old Yesterday, 22:32   #27
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:

That's fine, I'm glad you enjoy them. It is a shame you can't appreciate the other side of the fence, though.