The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > CZ Firearms - Czech it out!

Notices

Old January 14, 2019, 11:00   #1
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
Anybody daily carry the P07?

Ticks a lot of boxes for me, but the width (on paper) looks to be substantially more than other comparable options. Just looking for some first hand input.

ďIím saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about whatís enough. And for Godís sake, think about who you are.Ē - J. Bogle

Last edited by Tuhlmann; January 14, 2019 at 19:32. Reason: Clarification
Tuhlmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2019, 11:27   #2
Uriah Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 81151
I alternate between the PO7 and a CZ Rami for concealed carry. Carry either one in a Lytton Custom IWB holster. PO7 has the better grip and beats out the shorter grip of the Rami. I like the way that little Rami shoots better with it's better trigger. PO7 has the Omega trigger which strikes me as a bit spongy. Both are good shooters and either conceals nicely.
Uriah Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2019, 18:55   #3
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
I carry my CZ 75 D Compact daily. No issues with printing or the weight. It rides in a custom molded Kydex holster that LGS does. I use a very stiff nylon BDU belt that barely fits my belt loops. This is the short barrel (3.75 ") and reduce capacity (14 round) alloy frame. Feels comparable to carrying my Shield 45ACP, but more bullets.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2019, 20:58   #4
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
I carry my CZ 75 D Compact daily. No issues with printing or the weight. It rides in a custom molded Kydex holster that LGS does. I use a very stiff nylon BDU belt that barely fits my belt loops. This is the short barrel (3.75 ") and reduce capacity (14 round) alloy frame. Feels comparable to carrying my Shield 45ACP, but more bullets.
Yeah, my current daily is a PCR and I really love that pistol. So much so that I'd be pretty pissed if I ever had to forfeit it for evidence, so I was looking at the P07 as a possibility for a carry gun that I may be more ambivalent about but still like to carry. May sound stoooopid but it's something I consider, so deal.

ďIím saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about whatís enough. And for Godís sake, think about who you are.Ē - J. Bogle
Old January 19, 2019, 16:08   #5
K.O.A.M.
Registered

FALaholic #: 8025
Mine is my primary off-duty pistol. It has been worked on by Boresight Solutions and Cajun Gun Works and resides in an A&R Designs IWB holster. For IWB carry, I like being able to reholster with my thumb on the hammer-if the hammer starts to move, I know I've got a problem.
Old January 19, 2019, 20:40   #6
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
Yeah, my current daily is a PCR and I really love that pistol. So much so that I'd be pretty pissed if I ever had to forfeit it for evidence, so I was looking at the P07 as a possibility for a carry gun that I may be more ambivalent about but still like to carry. May sound stoooopid but it's something I consider, so deal.
Had that thought a while back when still active LEO. Then realized I have several others that would suffice until I bought a new one. That's one excuse for buying a new gun the wife can't argue against.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2019, 22:13   #7
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.A.M. View Post
Mine is my primary off-duty pistol. It has been worked on by Boresight Solutions and Cajun Gun Works and resides in an A&R Designs IWB holster. For IWB carry, I like being able to reholster with my thumb on the hammer-if the hammer starts to move, I know I've got a problem.
This is why I prefer DA/SA vs the magic that happens behind the curtain of striker pistols.

Old January 20, 2019, 15:23   #8
Uriah Lee
Registered

FALaholic #: 81151
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.A.M. View Post
For IWB carry, I like being able to reholster with my thumb on the hammer-if the hammer starts to move, I know I've got a problem.
Ditto on the thumb riding the back of the hammer upon re-holstering. A fellow I knew back in PA suffered a nasty Glock Leg incident that left him quite crippled for life. Fortunately for him, he wasn't carrying 12:00 or he would be missing some plumbing or worse if a femoral artery was hit. I don't care to suffer such maladies. And that explains my preference for DA/SA, exposed hammer pistols. Also has a lot to say about the CZ line up.
Uriah Lee is online now   Reply With Quote