The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old December 18, 2018, 09:59   #951
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Don't know what the issue was but have the whole house surge suppression from Georgia Power in front of the meter and whole house on panel plus UPS's on every device of value. Yesterday at work am unsure the reason, if from construction or substation, went out in field and when returned three computers were off. Their UPS's were totally smoked, would not reset, not restart and internal fuse replacement didn't bring them back. The Mosfets must be totally smoked. The cool thing is none of the dozen UPS's in the Faraday protected radio room or personal small office which are tied to the cage ground were damaged. With three phase power the extra hot leg and being only three phase client on the street leaves me open as can't protect two hot legs according to Georgia Power or a couple E.E.'s without spending over ten thousand dollars out of pocket. Even in the non Faraday rooms still majority of UPS's survived but losing three in one shot was huge on a blue sky day considering my massive ground.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat

Last edited by hueyville; December 18, 2018 at 10:28.
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2018, 19:10   #952
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
And we begin again. What I don't really understand is how hard is it to think about what will happen if it is used. I do know there are some democrats that are on board but the rest are really nuts.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...utual-assured/
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2019, 11:17   #953
C2A1
Registered

Headed to the wonderland this week. Sen Cruz pulled from the senate armed services committee. ( not sure what the deal is yet but old Mitch sent Texas down the river.) That leaves Texas with no one on the senate in defense matters (armed services or approps). What what happens on the house side to Herd.
For your entertainment:
https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....r-a-kill-shot/
Old January 06, 2019, 11:18   #954
C2A1
Registered

I mean watch not what what. It's early and I have a cold.
Old January 06, 2019, 14:38   #955
rarecat
Registered

FALaholic #: 41232
@C2A1....comments?

https://cloverchronicle.com/2019/01/...oast-to-coast/
rarecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2019, 16:36   #956
C2A1
Registered

It's getting nasty out there. Peter's accounts have been hacked.
https://twitter.com/Secure_the_Grid/...13462999105537
Old January 07, 2019, 21:17   #957
C2A1
Registered

Texas moving to keep it's economy moving. Just got out of the meeting preping for DC later this week. Amazing what the dems are planning to make sure Tx is flipped. That is why we're looking at committee assignments, relative to defense and EMP issues.
https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/86...pdf#navpanes=0
Old January 16, 2019, 10:43   #958
C2A1
Registered

Most detailed recent report from the DOD. Note the nuclear reactor issue. DOE is standing by their line that EMP is not an issue.
https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Por...Task_Force.pdf
Old January 23, 2019, 13:37   #959
C2A1
Registered

Got notice today from the commission. I will post the missing parts as soon as I get them.

The last three EMP Commission Reports are finally approved for unclassified publication by DOD:

--“Nuclear EMP Attack Scenarios and Combined-Arms Cyber Warfare”
--“Political-Military Motives For EMP Attack”
--"Foreign Views Of EMP”

Despite the DOD blurb on the covers that the reports were approved in 2017, the truth is we fought DOD over the issue of adding a “disclaimer” and using FBIS translations that allegedly required publishing FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY (FOUO) and not UNCLASSIFIED until last week. We resolved the issues, made the last redactions/edits required by DOD, and posted the three reports on the EMP Commission website www.firstempcommission.org on Monday.

Perhaps the most important of these three reports (attached) is the one on the future of warfare--“Nuclear EMP Attack Scenarios and Combined-Arms Cyber Warfare”--that explains what the Russians have called a “revolution in military affairs.” This new way of warfare uses cyber viruses, hacking, physical attacks, non-nuclear EMP weapons and a nuclear EMP attack against electric grids and critical infrastructures. It renders modern armies, navies and air forces obsolete. It paves the way for asymmetric warfare by small nations and terrorists.

The United States is particularly vulnerable to this new type of warfare, because we have come to rely on information systems and computerized technologies. Much of the administrative information in the armed forces goes through the civilian Internet. Ours is the most technologically advanced society, and therefore the most susceptible to attack. What is surprising is that our enemies do not consider an EMP attack to be an act of nuclear war.

The military doctrines of Russia, China, Iran and North Korea view nuclear EMP attack as the ultimate “cyber-weapon” that can deliver the decisive blow on the battlefield or against entire nations or alliances. For example, a single EMP attack on European NATO could destroy electronic systems crucial to military operations and black-out electric grids and other life-sustaining critical infrastructures (communications, transportation, industry and manufacturing, business and finance, food and water) crucial to national survival. A nuclear EMP attack would be executed, and perhaps be preceded, by such cyber operations as computer viruses and hacking, and selective sabotage, the synergistic effects of which would virtually guarantee the collapse of electric grids, critical infrastructures, and adversary military power.

The report explains how the new method of warfare and its weapons might be utilized in various theaters of battle: the Middle East, the Far East, Europe and North America.

Perhaps these reports will have a positive influence on the debate over President Trump’s executive order on EMP, now drafting.

Best Regards,
--Peter
Old January 23, 2019, 17:44   #960
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

The way we have integrated the battlefield to where most soldiers now wear headsets and have at least one or two critical electoral devices to identify them as friendlies or keep track of every assets position is our achellies heel. Whether EMP or hackers an attack that separates even a platoon or even a critical small team from the mission commanders real time display in Pentagon where battle is being controlled could result in total chaos. Imagine and A10 or M1 Abrams unable to discern if equipment or personell on the horizon are friend or foe? As we move to integrate every soldier into a world wide grid monitored by satellite uplink if that goes down our technological advantage the soldiers have learned to depend on rather than good field craft goes in the toilet.

Saw a new rifle sight that not only links to glasses/HUD soldier wears so can fire aimed shots around corners or over cover without exposing themselves now have ability to link back to commanders. If every soldiers rifle is feeding information into the system how cluttered does it become? Soldiers may become afraid to take a shot till hear permission then when that system fails they have lost ability of free though and making rational decisions on their own for fear of being blamed in event of friendly fire incident. If they can't call for an A10 or drone strike, which can I.D. friend/foe faster than the operator can think, in mere seconds their ability to think and fight their way out of a jam may be genetically washed from their brains.

Got a new book on Russian infantry tactics and compared with my older books on combloc tactics, U.S./NATO infantry tactics from primarily Platoon, Squad and Fire Team tactics to see the Russians still lean heavily on their Non-Com's ability to make decisions compared to ours ability to call in different gadgets that if are not on station will leave the Nintendo soldiers at distinct disadvantage to a basic conscripted cannon fodder Private quickly positioned and ordered into action by a good Sergeant.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old January 23, 2019, 19:59   #961
C2A1
Registered

This was almost 20 years ago now. Very interesting what is floating around out there today.
http://www.truthistreason.net/russia...communications
Old January 23, 2019, 21:28   #962
C2A1
Registered

EMP commission report last chapters. Talks about ISIS but implies those groups in the mideast. Interesting the Pakistan possibility.
http://www.firstempcommission.org/up..._july_2017.pdf
Old January 24, 2019, 17:12   #963
C2A1
Registered

Old but still an issue relative to the above report. There has been reports of payments to former folks to get these, move them and up-date. That is why there is talk about balloons etc. by third parties. Same is true of chemical agents.
https://www.nti.org/analysis/article...mbs-across-us/
Old January 26, 2019, 10:53   #964
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
This was almost 20 years ago now. Very interesting what is floating around out there today.
http://www.truthistreason.net/russia...communications
Read this and been digesting it. Have three home-brew and two commercially made frequency jammer that allow me to select a frequency range or majority of radio spectrum and wash it for a specific radius or direction based on frequency, power of jammer and whether use omnidirectional or directional antennas. Even my best unit requires ten separate antenna and have to amplify each for any significant range beyond my property line for some frequencies and others a 1/4 mile of disruption is maximum ability whille risking burning up an expensive amplifier if keep it "key down" for any length of time.

A foil parachute properly engineered becomes a parabolic antenna for its payload with dispersion pattern based on shape and distance from emitter to the dish. How the mettalic "parachute cords" interact with the dish and emitter to scatter the EMP is way above my engineering skill level and not something going to find in tables or research on the resonance of guy wires on antenna masts. It's amazing how different an antenna acts when guy wires are insulted from electrical contact with tower or have series of insulators breaking the guy wires into a sees of specific lengths for planned resonance of each section. Got into a conversation with an old school commercial radio engineer about resonance of guy wires and tried to understand some of what he was passing on but could barely track terminology much less actual theory.

A mortar being an easy item to build or improvise on the fly have been considering how to accomplish this application for frequency jamming. If could wash all the comms for a group operating on the horizon or their advance party a half mile away from your location without washing your own or at least damaging your equipment would be huge. In a SHTF even a group of rogue operators using FRS/GMRS radios for man to man comms would be affected to lose their comms. This is why all of my personal battle kits have a UHF radio and a low band VHF radio both with scramble capabilities. Goal is if detect opposing force using UHF we switch to low band VHF and then jam the UHF band in proximity to the Ponderosa and vice versa. May or may not work but if detected comms in area, used my "fox hunting" gear to locate direction and distance to unrecognized possibly hostile communications before they got too close ability to use a compressed air "potato cannon", black powder mortar or better yet a single or multistage model rocket to deliver a device that would damage the circuits in their communication equipment would be cool.

If able to deliver by field mortars the emitter can't be that big but may likely take a power source a simple hillbilly can't gain access to or build. Have gathered a ton of information on EMP devices that disrupt and damage electronics in as small of an area as one to three meters which take little power but aiming would have to be precise unless they were prepped on remote triggers or tripwire type initiators. When see items like below for sale on the Internet and recognize have almost every component if not all in the pile of parts already makes a person think.

These people sell plans and components for all kinds of EMP devices from handheld to fry your nutsack. It's nice when a good bit of the engineering is an inexpensive
plan or found free in other places and then a little hacking and modification begins but not got my mind around anything small enough to launch without a big black powder mortar that shock of launch may kill the device before clears the bore. Any advanced electronics hobbiests hanging around?

https://www.amazing1.com/emp.html
Old January 28, 2019, 12:50   #965
C2A1
Registered

Article based on the Commission report:
https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...a4eec-45941277
Old January 28, 2019, 13:11   #966
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
From looking at the maps, I don't think the Chinese or Russians want to do that.

It would wipe out the Mexican and Canadian infrastructure and make their special forces have to mobilize an attack.
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2019, 00:53   #967
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
From looking at the maps, I don't think the Chinese or Russians want to do that.

It would wipe out the Mexican and Canadian infrastructure and make their special forces have to mobilize an attack.
Red Dawn? I would sure prefer killing Russians as to Americans ordered to confiscate guns. My most recent project is a chaff launcher that confuses thermal night vision for about 30 seconds per device initiation. Very simple and lunches with tater cannon.
Old February 03, 2019, 12:27   #968
C2A1
Registered

New book out concerning geomagnetic storms by our one second after author.
https://www.houstonpress.com/arts/ne...hours-11083331
Old February 03, 2019, 12:49   #969
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
New book out concerning geomagnetic storms by our one second after author.
https://www.houstonpress.com/arts/ne...hours-11083331
I read that when it first came out. Not too bad but prefered One Second After. I would like to have seen a bit more technical info in the book. It is however, worth the read IMHO

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2019, 12:57   #970
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Article based on the Commission report:
https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...a4eec-45941277
Ain't said it for a while, but thanks for posting all this information on EMP.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 04, 2019, 10:25   #971
C2A1
Registered

Thanks, I think it is important to have "situational awareness" so one can make choices unlike many fellow folks who react like bacteria to external stimulus.
Interesting what the pole is doing.
https://www.livescience.com/64486-ea...le-moving.html
Old February 04, 2019, 12:54   #972
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Thanks, I think it is important to have "situational awareness" so one can make choices unlike many fellow folks who react like bacteria to external stimulus.
Interesting what the pole is doing.
https://www.livescience.com/64486-ea...le-moving.html
A lot of things can cause real harm to all of us, just a matter of when or if it ever occurs.

https://www.livescience.com/18426-ea...oles-flip.html

Old February 05, 2019, 11:28   #973
C2A1
Registered

Not EMP but interesting read about a nuke in NYC.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...look-like.html
Old February 11, 2019, 17:43   #974
C2A1
Registered

These are the folks I am doing work for at the moment. Finally got this out into the open. The latest and greatest.
https://michaelmabee.info/wp-content...2019-Final.pdf
Old February 12, 2019, 00:13   #975
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

C2, ya got something handy, from a government source, about the projected number of dead inside 12 months after an EMP/nuke strike over Kansas????

Old February 12, 2019, 10:36   #976
C2A1
Registered

It has been discussed in several forms. Generally they talk about 1, 3, 6, 12 and 18 months. After 18 months the population count levels off. I have sat in meetings discussing where to save the most and how to begin from those points. I am breifing a program called secure fuel on the 21st and 22nd of this month. It is interesting who is interested on the hill. Secure fuel has a part that focuses making sure agriculture and primarily rail transport have some chance of recovery after 1 year.
I know the taskforce reports to Congress, has some published numbers. Let me see who did them.
Old February 12, 2019, 10:44   #977
C2A1
Registered

EMP reporting has been slowly moving from mostly conservative venues (planners) to more mainstream over the last few years.
https://thehill.com/opinion/technolo...early-60-years
Old February 12, 2019, 14:05   #978
C2A1
Registered

another article, mainly what we know but again targeting buisness types.
https://www.investors.com/politics/e...mp-threat-u-s/
Old February 12, 2019, 20:57   #979
7.62FMJ
Registered

FALaholic #: 2274
What does Deagel know that we don't know? They project a 69% population decline by 2025.

http://www.deagel.com/country/United...ica_c0001.aspx
7.62FMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2019, 21:07   #980
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62FMJ View Post
What does Deagel know that we don't know? They project a 69% population decline by 2025.

http://www.deagel.com/country/United...ica_c0001.aspx
Sure ain't no context any where in that site??????????

Like, just how does he see the USA with a decline of near 70% and 1.4 billion people worldwide???

Old February 24, 2019, 14:08   #981
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

House is running on generator and had someone to watch wife after church so I could go work but no power at shop and too windy to risk working with panels on ladders. Over 6,000 customers out of power just in my area. A month of r a in followed by day of wind and trees are flying everywhere. It doesn't take n EMP, if fuses didn't clamp properly at substations a day like today could be catastrophic to entire states grid.
Old March 10, 2019, 10:59   #982
C2A1
Registered

NK and Iran continue to be a PITAs. From my recent visit to DC the most of the new congresscritters are not on our side. They believe this a hoax or they are hoping this will happen so they can make their move. Not all but most. The hate can be felt.
https://www.newsmax.com/peterpry/emp.../04/id/905411/
Old March 11, 2019, 11:21   #983
7.62FMJ
Registered

FALaholic #: 2274
Quote:
NK and Iran continue to be a PITAs. From my recent visit to DC the most of the new congresscritters are not on our side. They believe this a hoax or they are hoping this will happen so they can make their move. Not all but most. The hate can be felt.
https://www.newsmax.com/peterpry/emp.../04/id/905411/
Is this you? It seems like someone is taking the threat of an EMP seriously and are now warning the public to prepare.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...08%20FINAL.pdf
7.62FMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2019, 13:08   #984
C2A1
Registered

That is where I send my invoices.
Old March 13, 2019, 10:17   #985
C2A1
Registered

Back when I was a grad student I was interested in isotopic chemistry and actually worked with a guy looking at Be isotopes from tree ring samples to measure how the earth's magnetic field was varying but the solar proton/Be relationship. I did geothermal water rare gas isotopes and found Pu isotopes (Xe isotopes) associated with the upper mantle along the Rio Grande rift valley.
As part of the EMP effort we have looked at the potential of super geomagnetic storms ( Not CPEs). There is geological evidence of really biggies. The electric universe guys talk about this possibility. Anyway for those interested in this kind of stuff:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...D=ansmsnnews11
Old March 14, 2019, 10:58   #986
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
It's happened before, and it could happen again.

Roughly 2,700 years ago, an unusually powerful solar storm swept past the Earth, scientists announced in a new study. Though it had little to no impact on people in that long ago, pre-industrial and pre-technological world, such an event today would cause widespread power outages along with potentially disastrous communication and navigation failures.

The solar storm in 660 B.C. was about 10 times stronger than any known event in the past 70 years, study lead author Raimund Muscheler said.

A solar storm of that strength would be "a threat to modern society in terms of communication and navigation systems, space technologies and commercial aircraft operations,” the study says.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...go/3140290002/
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019, 13:52   #987
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65818
I’ll just drop this here,
http://www.lessemf.com/paint.html

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

You can tell it's real because it looks so fake.
Elon Musk February 7, 2018
badzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2019, 00:37   #988
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badzero View Post
I’ll just drop this here,
http://www.lessemf.com/paint.html
Will be testing some of this soon. Have a room that have retrofitted best Faraday cage possible but still not as tight as would like. Five liters of the Y Shield should put a solid coat on walls and ceiling. Have tested it with a myriad of devices so know how well it performs and will be able to quickly tell how much improvement I get. Want to block 1.2 Ghz consistently when door is closed but 400 Mhz is about all I can depend on though some areas in the room block higher frequencies like if lean down in corners and few other places cell phone will always drop while it mostly works in other areas of room.
Old March 18, 2019, 11:30   #989
C2A1
Registered

Got this, this morning. Several points include how long the generators will be out and expect these folks to show up at the border. Attached was a power point showing people getting water from a sewage drain pipe.
http://www.resilientsocieties.org/up...t_20190314.pdf
Old March 25, 2019, 16:57   #990
C2A1
Registered

Vennie issue and EMP.
https://www.newsmax.com/henryfcooper.../18/id/907487/
Old March 25, 2019, 17:00   #991
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I'm 100% SURE, same thing happens here, Vennie will look tame.

Old March 26, 2019, 17:58   #992
C2A1
Registered

Hot off the wire.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...gnetic-pulses/
Old March 26, 2019, 20:30   #993
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Finally some action from the White House on this

Old March 26, 2019, 21:43   #994
C2A1
Registered

Now realize this a a public statement and now policy. Very interesting move. Those that have the capability must use or lose it. It will be interesting how the meetings go next month, now that this is out.
Old March 27, 2019, 11:04   #995
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Good on Trump to make this an official issue demanding answers from top agencies on their assessments, plans for mitigation and recovery. This will force some with heads stuck in sand to devote budget to the issue.
Old March 27, 2019, 13:08   #996
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

I have been forwarding some of this to our hospital system director of security and disaster preparedness. He seems to be listening, hopefully there will be some action.

Old March 28, 2019, 12:10   #997
C2A1
Registered

Pay attention. Interesting games afoot.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...g-north-korea/
Old March 29, 2019, 09:47   #998
C2A1
Registered

It will be interesting how this really works. There are three big players, DOD, DHS and DOE. In the past the DOD quietly was working on EMP issues. They did this because they did not want to become responsible for EMP in the civilian sector. DOE was (is) a left leaning ( they wrote Gore's book (Oak Ridge NL) on climate change) and has been very outspoken against EMP. However, some of the out "rural" labs (INEL) have end run Washington. They are money whores and will probably try and take this under their wing and nothing will get done except money will get spent. DHS is the red headed step child but as can be seen they have been trying to get this on the front burner and have actual programs to solve certain infrastucture issues. They are hampered because their senior leader ship often comes from DOE.
We shall see.
https://thehill.com/opinion/national...american-lives
Old March 30, 2019, 11:46   #999
C2A1
Registered

As I was saying:
https://www.newsmax.com/peterpry/dod.../28/id/909163/
Old April 05, 2019, 19:20   #1000
C2A1