The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old February 10, 2019, 12:35   #1
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Civil war cometh

Even the self absorbed, self important NY Times is smelling the bacon. What they don't seem to get is they are the flame under the bacon.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/04/u...ebuilders.html
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 13:05   #2
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
It's more simple than the long line of bs they post. The loss of prosperity due to managed decline has made folks angry and willing to kill those they think are responsible. When you have nothing to lose it turns to hate.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 13:21   #3
tk421
Registered

FALaholic #: 7857
Civil war? Ha. No, at most there will be a couple of light fire fights. The Left won a long time ago, and the Right didn't even bother to show up. This war was lost before I was even born.
Old February 10, 2019, 13:30   #4
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
crock of shit article that avoids placing responsibility on those who have created failed policies that have negatively impacted many while giving the farm to a few who will not be gracious about the gift they have received.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 14:01   #5
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Yep. My mother and I have ceased talking. She started deleting my posts and emails, and bad mouthing me to a bunch of moochers and other assorted losers in the extended family. Shes become utterly brainwashed and convinced that Trump and the rest of us are NAZIs. When once thoughtful trustworthy people fall victim to cult like behavior, theres trouble ahead. Jonestown was the pilot run for what the Democratic party is morphing in to.

Eventually they are going to try to throw someone like me out of their job or do a 3 on 1 in a restaurant and the victim is going to come back driving a Komatsu. That's where it will start.

Last edited by Impala_Guy; February 10, 2019 at 14:24.
Impala_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 14:40   #6
bubbagump
Registered

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
crock of shit article that avoids placing responsibility on those who have created failed policies that have negatively impacted many while giving the farm to a few who will not be gracious about the gift they have received.
A propaganda piece, naturally enough. The only really interesting thing is that the other side now acknowledges the inevitability of what they lit a fuse on, to the point where they'll fold it into their narrative. The takeaway is that it has become such a given that it's the kernel of truth they wrap the rest of the lie around. That part really is kinda interesting.
bubbagump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 14:47   #7
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk421 View Post
Civil war? Ha. No, at most there will be a couple of light fire fights. The Left won a long time ago, and the Right didn't even bother to show up. This war was lost before I was even born.
Are you kidding me ?

There are parts of Chicago EMS, Fire, even armed Police stay away from
this is growing across urban America tk

came to a head like a big fat pimple under Obama
insurrections in Fergusson, Baltimore, elsewhere
BLM blocking traffic on major Interstates
the Dakota pipeline shit
tons more

Said before, I follow trends
We had anarchist Greenies sabotaging NG lines up here that heat folks homes

Note
EVERYTHING went full halt after Trump was elected for the most part now it's down to just loons in cities who promote them like Portland

Understand WE are still at the cusp
this can all start up again nearly immediately with a change in the Senate and particularly Executive Branch in 2020

Conservatives & libratarians were well behaved under Obama
it was the Left in full insurrection mode, still are today

I took some flack during the Obama years for being honest
For example a slew of clowns crowd my car beating on it I will run them right down and take my chances in court

I catch some grey haired hippie kunts trying to damage natural gas infrastructure up here it's beat down time and hard
maybe after some teeth are busted out, bones broken I may call the authorities.

I'm all with folks protesting, been on a number of marches myself but we didn't do idiot wilding shit
No burning shit, destroying businesses or blocking traffic on Interstates
We yelled, even screamed and frothed at the mouth but no one attacked others.

Some Native brothers attempted to enlist me to go with them to the DAPL protest site in ND
Nope, no fookin' way

here's a bit on AOC from Wiki:

In the 2016 primary, Ocasio-Cortez worked as an organizer for Bernie Sanders's 2016 presidential campaign.[39] After the general election, she traveled across America by car, visiting places such as Flint, Michigan, and Standing Rock Indian Reservation in North Dakota, and speaking to people affected by the Flint water crisis and the Dakota Access Pipeline.[40] In an interview, she recalled her visit to Standing Rock as a tipping point, saying that before that, she had believed that the only way to effectively run for office was if you had access to wealth, social influence, and power. But her visit to North Dakota, where she saw others "putting their whole lives and everything that they had on the line for the protection of their community", inspired her to begin to work for her own community.[41]

yeah the commie bitch was at the DAPL campsite protesting and that where she claims to have gone full Commie

for what its worth my Native bros and sisters came back disguted
Ronnie claimed it was over 20 to 1 lunatic Chomooks, "white folks"
most trying to play act Native in dress
it was farsical to my people
well I tried to warn them

Toward the election lead up folks started fighting back
best example were the boys who were attacked by Water Protectors out in Reno who ran right over them
no charges on the guys

Likely the same happened at Charlottetown too
difference was the left media was in an anti Trump frenzy
Honestly I am rather surprised some CCW carrier hasn't blown away some of these clowns as yet

I bet a Man lights up turds attacking the car with wife and kids inside, no conviction
I wager this has already occurred. Likely the DA declines it all, makes it go away

No tk, this war has already began. One side is being decent, the other nutter fruity
As it stands our side mostly sucks their dicks because we are the Good Guys
That needs to change
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 15:28   #8
2barearms
I really don’t hate you
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
War is what the rich watch on the five o clock news....they would love to see
us fight it out. Their security forces and brick fences make them hard to get at.
It gets to bad they simply have the helos extract them and head to Switzerland.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 16:13   #9
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
Quote:
I am skeptical of a CW2, as it will not be conventional like CW1. It will be something else ---unknown territory. The North and South had a demarcation line. A CW in America now would have demarcation lines all across the country. It would become anarchy, like a Mad Max movie. If America were to dissolve into something like this the government would shut the whole thing down (electricity-food-ect.) until enough people died and were sickened from starvation and disease, that control would be possible again. There has not been a situation quite like it, especially when the population is as armed up as America. It would be very ugly, unlike any time in American History and maybe World History.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 16:23   #10
2barearms
I really don’t hate you
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
I am skeptical of a CW2, as it will not be conventional like CW1. It will be something else ---unknown territory. The North and South had a demarcation line. A CW in America now would have demarcation lines all across the country. It would become anarchy, like a Mad Max movie. If America were to dissolve into something like this the government would shut the whole thing down (electricity-food-ect.) until enough people died and were sickened from starvation and disease, that control would be possible again. There has not been a situation quite like it, especially when the population is as armed up as America. It would be very ugly, unlike any time in American History and maybe World History.
I see it as us against them...them being the ptb. The ones in control of the infrastructure would certainly hold the keys. Push will come to shove.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 16:34   #11
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
...the government would shut the whole thing down (electricity-food-ect.) until enough people died and were sickened from starvation and disease, that control would be possible again.....
which "government"?

and why does it have to be only a "government" shutting the grid down?

the bolsheviks "get it", they intend to dispose of the deplorable irredeemables.
so at what point do the rest of us realize that it is either us or them that has to go?

http://coldfury.com/2019/01/30/its-t...t-our-enemies/

Quote:
Openly acknowledging them as our enemies rather than continuing to whitewash them as our merely-misguided “countrymen” or “friends across the aisle”—sinister, deceptive, megalomaniacal totalitarians with whom we have not a mild difference of opinion but a fundamental conflict over basic human rights and the nature of legitimate government, a conflict not amenable to reconciliation or satisfactory compromise—might be a good start on that.
Old February 10, 2019, 17:50   #12
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
The powers that be have a kill switch in case the populace revolts. There are 2 sides in this conflict and whoever controls the levers will push the button. They have been planning and preparing for years how to quell an uprising and reduce the population. It is a guessing game on how this could play out.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 18:21   #13
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
This out of England (for what it is worth) but they also see us as totally split. Yes, it is propaganda but as a Russian friend said "Learn to read between the lines to find the truth". There is insight to their (OH, I have messed up based on the first article, I am demonizing the lefties) thoughts on what we believe. I call it Cultural Bigotry. (Let's use their terms to define their efforts). I always look at their choice of terms and how they lay them out.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cultural-chasm
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 19:14   #14
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
Yep. My mother and I have ceased talking. She started deleting my posts and emails, and bad mouthing me to a bunch of moochers and other assorted losers in the extended family. Shes become utterly brainwashed and convinced that Trump and the rest of us are NAZIs. When once thoughtful trustworthy people fall victim to cult like behavior, theres trouble ahead. Jonestown was the pilot run for what the Democratic party is morphing in to.

Eventually they are going to try to throw someone like me out of their job or do a 3 on 1 in a restaurant and the victim is going to come back driving a Komatsu. That's where it will start.
That's what Red Flag laws were invented for...

So 'they' can get 'you'...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 19:26   #15
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
tk421 is close to being right. We lost some time ago. Really, we didn't lose anything. People fall for the lure of free stuff and have voted in the politicians that'll promise free stuff

JM is mostly right. In the event of a civil war, the electricity will go out. If the Government does it, or the right does it, or the left does it or or the war does it, it won't make any difference. The electricity will still be out. The same with the foods supply line. Doesn't matter why it stops or who stopped it

The producers have already been beaten. Civilization cannot exist without producers so the left will eventually die
Old February 10, 2019, 19:54   #16
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
JM is mostly right. In the event of a civil war, the electricity will go out. If the Government does it, or the right does it, or the left does it or or the war does it, it won't make any difference. The electricity will still be out.
and there are lots of well armed angry old men just chomping at the bit for a purge night. or week, or month, or year.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 21:23   #17
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
and there are lots of well armed angry old men just chomping at the bit for a purge night. or week, or month, or year.
Nah, I just want my free shit. But I want pretty good free shit. A congress critter get 170K for life. Shit I think I'm ok with 60K. Or they could refund my SS at the cost of inflation

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 21:38   #18
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Won't pan out that way when Sargent Gump has a moms in Sheyboygan and sisters in Ashland and St Cloud MN
shutting it down means probable extinction of the family unit
wanna turn America into a Junta Dictatorship ?
that's a quick way and many congress scum will get a bullet in the head rapidly

Demarcation will be between rural and urban
yeah it would be bloody indeed in the Midwest where rural homes contain multiple long arms
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 21:57   #19
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Demarcation will be energy producing and not if the dimwits take full control and the green dream is signed into law.
Old February 11, 2019, 00:02   #20
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
That's what Red Flag laws were invented for...

So 'they' can get 'you'...

Forrest
not "can",

not a single red flag seizure application has yet been turned down, it is administrative bypass of due process, it is selective disarmament, whereas all applications are auto granted.
Old February 11, 2019, 01:35   #21
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
not "can",

not a single red flag seizure application has yet been turned down, it is administrative bypass of due process, it is selective disarmament, whereas all applications are auto granted.
That was my point, of course...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 07:37   #22
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
In the event of a civil war, the electricity will go out. If the Government does it, or the right does it, or the left does it or or the war does it, it won't make any difference. The electricity will still be out. The same with the foods supply line. Doesn't matter why it stops or who stopped it
Hard to imagine Mother Nature's carnage with no power and 10 days of sub-zero high temps with lows of minus 30F.

I'd wager culling in large percentages would occur with a *nationwide* polar vortex as we had recently.
It would be Jack London, *To Build A Fire* all over the place.
I suppose in drastic times a house or two could be burnt each night and day for warmth.
I was grateful for an insulated house with a gas fired furnace and a warm bed, I'll tell you what!

Carlos Castenada
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 08:08   #23
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
That's what I'm thinking. Most will die from exposure at first. Next, people will die from simple infections caused by malnutrition. Next will be diseases like cholera caused by poor sanitation.

Clean water is going to be more important the a rifle. Food will become more important than ammo. Antibiotics will become more important than a Constitution based political agenda.

I'm just not seeing a big war where the right destroys the left.
Old February 11, 2019, 09:54   #24
HelpiFALanCantGetUp
Registered

FALaholic #: 66011
Quote:
a read a comment that sums it all up ''if your still asking questions, you lost a long time ago''
HelpiFALanCantGetUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 11:46   #25
fanofthefal
Registered

FALaholic #: 79919
Some random musings on my part. I watched a program some months back that discussed what would happen should earth be hit by a Coronal mass ejection on par with the 1859 Carrington Event. Long story short, living in the U.S. after the power grid went down would be utterly horrific, mass death the likes of which haven't been seen in this hemisphere since small pox made its ugly appearance and wiped out much of the indigenous populations.

Personally I think things will limp along as long as the U.S.'s credit remains reasonably good.
fanofthefal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 17:57   #26
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
I don't know one way or the other regarding it going hot. I do know that we are in a CW ideologically, and have been for some time. Those who love freedom and liberty need to get up off their asses and begin taking an active role politically, at the minimum.

But should it come to the worst, remember, like politics, all civil wars are local. Know who your enemy is.
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 18:32   #27
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
They start shutting things down and that's when bloodshed will happen pronto as people go round up and provide extajudicial justice on the people pulling the strings. Imagine your county or state legislators pull the plug or turn off the water tap and seize control of food distribution. How long until a large group of heavily armed men go looking for blood? In the ghetto it's going to turn to uncontrollable riots and free fire zones, and outside of that it'll be more organized posses tracking down those responsible.

Ugly ugly ugly within a week.

But this won't happen until we hit Venezuela-like status and the ahole leftists realize the stupid people they've been conning all along contain some of the most violent and lawless people in the nation who won't think twice about wiping them off the earth.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 19:20   #28
Bawana jim
Registered

I see NJ is about to tax the rain water that runs off of your property. NM is about to pass a law you must sell your guns through a dealer which is registration. Oregon is about to tax people who use natural gas in an effort to save the planet. 5 million freeloaders are headed this way from down south. It just goes on and on, where it stops nobody knows.
Old February 11, 2019, 19:29   #29
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I see NJ is about to tax the rain water that runs off of your property. NM is about to pass a law you must sell your guns through a dealer which is registration. Oregon is about to tax people who use natural gas in an effort to save the planet. 5 million freeloaders are headed this way from down south. It just goes on and on, where it stops nobody knows.
Read somewhere today that if your just now noticing, it's too late.

Old February 11, 2019, 19:32   #30
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
Read somewhere today that if your just now noticing, it's too late.
it's just comformation of what you see so you know how fast things are rolling.
Old February 11, 2019, 19:45   #31
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
it's just comformation of what you see so you know how fast things are rolling.
Yep.

Old February 11, 2019, 20:24   #32
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
The unpleasantries of the 1860’s was not a civil war but a war of independence. Neither will any coming societal breakdown be a civil war but such breakdown could result in a defacto breakup of the US. Can’t say such a event would be a surprise or that we don’t deserve it happening.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 21:56   #33
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
The unpleasantries of the 1860’s was not a civil war but a war of independence. ...
it was,
until lincoln instituted total war, shelling unarmed starving civis trapped in rubble that was once cities,
mass murdering men and women,
gang rape of women.

punitive measures, inflicted as subjugation, as revenge for the south playing by the rules of war and winning for three and a half years in defiance of the tidewater hegemony.

lee should have razed DC when he had the chance.
Old February 11, 2019, 22:20   #34
kwthor
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 49571
Yes, War is hell !

GP thinks the same way.
Old February 11, 2019, 23:24   #35
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Who we going to fight????

A Civil "shooting" war,,,,who's going to take up arms against (150,000,000) of us???

Folks, tha "King" is naked.

Takes damned near every local police officer, and all the feds they can cut loose to handle two or three people shooting up any place in this country.

So, who we going to fight a civil war against????

2 or 3 million federal troops, half/80% will walk off with their weapons.

Who we going to fight????

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 23:36   #36
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Who we going to fight????..
wrong question.

better question is "who is on our siide?"
Old February 12, 2019, 02:38   #37
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Supposedly we started with only 3%, lets get this thing started!

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2019, 08:20   #38
broderick
Registered

FALaholic #: 6858
seems better to me to get them to secede and let them. Maybe prod that big goof governor in cali to run with it What we want them to do is "fold back on themselves."
broderick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2019, 09:02   #39
bubbagump
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderick View Post
seems better to me to get them to secede and let them. Maybe prod that big goof governor in cali to run with it What we want them to do is "fold back on themselves."
They won't. What they want to do is to conquer and rule the parts not entirely under their control at the moment. If they would only secede but parasites cannot exist without a host, and nobody knows this better than they do.
Old February 12, 2019, 10:57   #40
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
I'm not flaming anyone in particular, just sending out a PSA:

Don't think there will be a SHTF scenario? No problem! Just go about your business and don't worry about it. Do not bother "getting ready" and "prepping" and all that hard work, but also DO NOT BOTHER TO INSULT AND BERATE THOSE WHO DO 'cuz you'll sound like a bigotted religious, zealot nut.

If you drive a Chevy, do you scream at all the Ford and Doge owners on the road? Well, condemning others for prepping in spite of your laziness or preference is just as retarded. Just leave 'em alone. Don't expect any help from them when it goes down either. Stick to your yourself.

I had a boss one time that believed if anything was not what he liked or wanted, it was not just different, it was WRONG! This asshole had no allowance for variation in anyone's opinion or nature. I'm not talking about how things were to be done at work, I understood that, I'm talking about everyone else was WRONG. He was a pain in the ass to work with or to be around. It was no wonder he was a bachelor.

One thing I keep predicting is how many "surprises" there will be on ALL sides of the shooting once it commences. Every side is going to find out just how ruthless people can be once the gloves come off.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2019, 11:34   #41
bubbagump
Registered

Quote:
If these people don't like the 1st and second, rather than telling them to fuc off, which is a fun thing to do, begin telling them, daring them to, secede from the union, form their own little socialist country.

Since 68, all this supporting the 2nd ain't got us no where, except for more loss of our gun rights.

Time to change tactics???

We sure as hell ain't never going to live with these ass wipes in peace.
Well, if the existing strategy and tactics are what brought us here then an objective analysis would suggest that yes, it is time for a change.
Old February 12, 2019, 13:56   #42
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
I'm not flaming anyone in particular, just sending out a PSA:

Don't think there will be a SHTF scenario? No problem! Just go about your business and don't worry about it. Do not bother "getting ready" and "prepping" and all that hard work, but also DO NOT BOTHER TO INSULT AND BERATE THOSE WHO DO 'cuz you'll sound like a bigotted religious, zealot nut.

If you drive a Chevy, do you scream at all the Ford and Doge owners on the road? Well, condemning others for prepping in spite of your laziness or preference is just as retarded. Just leave 'em alone. Don't expect any help from them when it goes down either. Stick to your yourself.

I had a boss one time that believed if anything was not what he liked or wanted, it was not just different, it was WRONG! This asshole had no allowance for variation in anyone's opinion or nature. I'm not talking about how things were to be done at work, I understood that, I'm talking about everyone else was WRONG. He was a pain in the ass to work with or to be around. It was no wonder he was a bachelor.

One thing I keep predicting is how many "surprises" there will be on ALL sides of the shooting once it commences. Every side is going to find out just how ruthless people can be once the gloves come off.

Jarhead
Speaking for just myself a hard look at the times can bring fear to those who can't accept what could happen. Living a life of self dependence right down to your own self protection takes most of the fear away. What's left should be resolve to do the best you can if it does happen.

However like so many fear mongered events it may not happen in your lifetime. I have heard for decades about the comming crash and the comming civil war yet it never arrived in my lifetime. What did arrive was old age and realizing I worried over that which just wasn't to be. If it does happen I am an old man now, what does it look like when old guys put up a fight?
Old February 12, 2019, 16:55   #43
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
If it does happen I am an old man now, what does it look like when old guys put up a fight?
Probably a lot of bathroom breaks...
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2019, 17:01   #44
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Probably a lot of bathroom breaks...
And naps, I have to have a nap.
Old February 12, 2019, 18:43   #45
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

It's largely a matter of urban vs rural with much grey area to cipher out.

Carlos Castenada
Old February 12, 2019, 18:55   #46
clodhopper
Registered

FALaholic #: 65715
Quote:
As far as a shooting (Civil) war between "them" and "us", still no idea who in the hell "them" other folks would be, since WE (gun owners/vets) outnumber them so badly, their side would be made up of so many of "us" and those people would defect quickly to our side, so not much, if anything they could muster from the remains of whats available for a fight/civil war.

A civil war requires two sides facing off at one another under arms.

So, back too, just who in the hell we going to fight????

While I agree most vets would be on "our" side, most are also reliant on a paycheck to keep their families fed. I suspect the number of walkaways will be lower than you suggest, simply because people need the cash to buy groceries. And when that crash happens, the gov can keep printing or creating new currencies that will tie in much of the military, police, rescue, administrators, etc. They wont want to be there, and will probably be pretty ineffective, but when it comes to your family starving, they will stay.

A sudden crash will be an incentive for a larger percentage to walk away. But I doubt the situation that brings us to CW2 will be anything quick. Frog in the pot. Who knows when to jump away from the govt funded job? Everyone will have a different limit. You may think the time has passed and be toting a rifle on the way to the skirmish, but many others may still see it their duty to provide peacekeeping/sheepdog.

The hardest part of CW2 is the two sides most likely to end up trading fire will actually be the two that are most alike, and those that are really the source of the problem will sit it out on the sidelines criticizing everyone else and stirring the pot.
clodhopper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2019, 19:40   #47
broderick
Registered

FALaholic #: 6858
Quote:
Don't take me the wrong way, I firmly believe there are a thousand reasons why a real shooting war could start up for real in this country.

Not in any kind of expected order.

Race war
Gun confiscation attempts
Religious war is always high on everyone's list, its happen so many times in the past
Results from an EMP attack
Pestilence
Some type of germ release with a death rate above say 5 or 10%
A BFR falls from the sky
etc

This country is so fractured, anything could set off a shooting war.
But, it would be everyone shooting at everyone else, trying to survive just another day.

The left and the right, are so fractured, none could field a cohesive unit of any size to go up against anyone for any reason.

There are only two LARGE cohesive groups of people in this whole country.
Our military, within certain limits, to operating here in this country, and every ones local church or Temple.

Anyone ever try and get your religious church or temple congregants to agree to anything???

As far as a shooting (Civil) war between "them" and "us", still no idea who in the hell "them" other folks would be, since WE (gun owners/vets) outnumber them so badly, their side would be made up of so many of "us" and those people would defect quickly to our side, so not much, if anything they could muster from the remains of whats available for a fight/civil war.

A civil war requires two sides facing off at one another under arms.

So, back too, just who in the hell we going to fight????

I think they will bring in an Army to try. Mex marines, Iran, any enemy who would like to give it a whirl and plunder. Or, they just stay 4thgen war and flood the US with immigrants and let nature take its course- that the most likely.

Last edited by broderick; February 12, 2019 at 19:45. Reason: Add info
broderick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2019, 19:46   #48
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
It's largely a matter of urban vs rural with much grey area to cipher out.
Even that is subject to question, what makes up urban vs rural???

Are the suburbs rural, how far out of town makes ya rural?

People live rural, but work urban, riding the train an hour in everyday.

Urban areas, have the infrastructure, medical, dental, gas and oil goes through them, parts for everything with a motor, and on and on.

Rural has the food, urban owns the means to move it to markets, and are the markets.

Urban has the manpower concentrations, rural, not so many people, as in, look at the cities which can out vote the whole rural areas in their states.

People talk about, starving the cities, but can't explain, how the farmers get credit for seed and equipment to plant their fields, how would they move their produce, and who would buy it without the urban folks.

Urban folks can't live without the rural folks, but,,,,,rural folks can't live like they do today, or at all, them medical centers come to mind quickly,,, without the urban people.

I've never, and suspect no one else has either, ever taken an antibiotic that was not produced in an urban area.

None of this is simple.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2019, 20:33   #49
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Urban mindset/skill set vs Rural mindset/skill set maybe?

Maybe contrasting core values is more to the meat of it all...

Carlos Castenada
Old February 12, 2019, 23:36   #50
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Quote:

Clean water is going to be more important the a rifle. Food will become more important than ammo. Antibiotics will become more important than a Constitution based political agenda.
Assuming scinario I'll go along with "as important" as with out a rifle and ammo you'd have neither food nor water long.