Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Glock Files

Notices

Old February 08, 2019, 20:14   #1
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Glock 21 LEO trade-in from AIM***pics added 2.9

I bought one of these Glock 21s from AIM. It's my second Glock pistol, after my Gen 3 19. It came in yesterday and I'm happy with it so far (haven't shot it yet). There is very little wear, mostly the edge of the night sights and front edge of the slide from holster wear. The Glock night sights are still pretty bright. It came in the Glock box, along with the grip inserts, unopened envelope with manual and testing brass (in small envelope marked 11.5.12). The left side looks almost new but there is a fairly big scratch on the right side grip. Looks like it was holstered and rubbed up against something sharp. No matter to me, now I won't worry about that first scratch.

I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them here in case someone might be interested in getting one for themselves. Lol, it's just a Glock and if you've seen one I guess you've seen them all but then you can see the condition of a typical pistol they're offering.

https://aimsurplus.com/leo-trade-in-...5-auto-handgun

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.

Last edited by Texgunner; February 09, 2019 at 12:20.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2019, 22:51   #2
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Pretty guns are the ones you show to your friends.

Ugly guns are the ones you show to your enemies.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2019, 23:17   #3
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
Pretty guns are the ones you show to your friends.

Ugly guns are the ones you show to your enemies.
Yes sir! I've got some of both.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

Old February 09, 2019, 12:22   #4
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

I've added a few pics of the pistol, as I received it from AIM. See original post.

Old February 09, 2019, 13:56   #5
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
I have a Gen3 21 that I’ve owned since early 2004 and it has seen a tremendous amount of ammo over the years. The 21 is my favorite .45 handgun out there and has been for some time (sorry 1911 guys). You’ll get lots of good use out of your new 21.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2019, 15:51   #6
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Thanks for the reply VALMET. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon. Several shooting buddies have owned a 21 over the years and I always seemed to shoot them well. I shoot left-handed and when I bought my Gen 3 19, the mag release rubbed my finger a lot. I smoothed the edges of the release and fixed the issue.

I thought I might need to reverse the mag release on this 21 but I find it doesn't rub against my fingers anywhere. I guess the redesign did make a difference. When reversed, I guess I would have to use only Gen 4 magazines with the catch notch on both sides. Not doing that, would allow using any model 21 mags, right?

Old February 09, 2019, 17:48   #7
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
G21 gen 4 for $380!

Thats a steal for the condition they're in.

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2019, 21:06   #8
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
If I did not already have a G41 MOS I might have to pick up one of these beauties.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2019, 21:24   #9
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
G21 gen 4 for $380!

Thats a steal for the condition they're in.
I thought so too. I just couldn't pass it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
If I did not already have a G41 MOS I might have to pick up one of these beauties.
They are in great shape; like new? Not mine, but maybe some have been. I think one of the "reviewers" on the AIM site believed his might've been unfired or unissued. Meh. Maybe, but I like this one a lot.

Old February 09, 2019, 21:43   #10
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post
Thanks for the reply VALMET. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon. Several shooting buddies have owned a 21 over the years and I always seemed to shoot them well. I shoot left-handed and when I bought my Gen 3 19, the mag release rubbed my finger a lot. I smoothed the edges of the release and fixed the issue.

I thought I might need to reverse the mag release on this 21 but I find it doesn't rub against my fingers anywhere. I guess the redesign did make a difference. When reversed, I guess I would have to use only Gen 4 magazines with the catch notch on both sides. Not doing that, would allow using any model 21 mags, right?
You are correct, as-is (mag release not reversed to LH) your 21 will utilize any Glock 21 mag, while changing to LH, only Gen4 mags will be compatible.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2019, 21:52   #11
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Nice pick up, I like mine, a soft shooter.

And yep, its a "true" LEO used piece, right down to the seat belt/key rash on the Right side panel!

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2019, 22:00   #12
spider991
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 35820
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Nice pick up, I like mine, a soft shooter.

And yep, its a "true" LEO used piece, right down to the seat belt/key rash on the Right side panel!
yup, mine has that too, everyday on my hip
spider991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 21:12   #13
K. Funk
Real Life Metallurgist
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 38
I got a very nice Glock 21 LEO trade in at a local auction. Has the PA Sate Police crest etched on the slide. I am very pleased with it.

krf

You never know what's going on inside the mind of a crazy man!!

Check out username kandainv on Gunbroker; always some neat stuff!!
FYB!!!!
K. Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2019, 21:25   #14
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
a "true" LEO used piece, right down to the seat belt/key rash on the Right side panel!
I have an Italian Beretta 92S that has mottling of the blued finish that looks like the PO spilled Italian dressing on it.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2019, 20:14   #15
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
I have a Gen 2 that I carried for 20+ years (issued in 1994). At least 10K rounds down the pipe. Only maintenance was replacement of dying night sights, a couple of springs as needed, and one broken extractor. I ended up buying it when my Department worked a deal to get replacements on a one for one trade agreement. Since I was buying mine I had to pay $480 for it. Not bad though cause I got my new issued Gen 4 when I retired a year later. Couldn't keep them from engraving all the B/S name, rank, badge number, and years of service on it. Less than two hundred rounds through that one.

Both are sweet shooters. We used Ranger 230 gr HP for carry and once a year quals (used up old ammo and reissued new stuff) and regular 230 gr hard ball for 3 times a year quals. Plus the department allotted 100 rounds hard ball each month for practice.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote