The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > To Keep and Bear Arms > Competitive Shooting

Notices

Old June 07, 2018, 05:18   #51
ElTigre
Registered

FALaholic #: 79507
Stage 4 Presented by MOA Targets
As You Wish - Only a fool would enter the Fire Swamp without a plan! You start in shoot box 1, facing 5 Rodents of Unusual Size, anywhere from 5-40 yards. These are color coded so pay attention. Use your pistol to dispatch 3 of them. You will then safely holster your pistol and move to the VTAC board, but watch out for the flame spurts(clay pigeons on the ground), if you step on one it's a 10 second penalty to your shoot time. The VTAC ports are also color coded, you will then engage Prince Humperdinck and his soldiers through the VTAC. Three silhouettes are placed at 50 yards. You must use your rifle engage all 3 targets from each port that match the three colors of the ROUS' that you shot. Total of 3 pistol hits and 9 rifle hits.
ElTigre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 07, 2018, 15:32   #52
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor to announce!! Burris optics is known for making high quality optics in everything from the LVPO to high powered precision rifle stuff. They also push the limits of optics technology with their Eliminator optic/range finder combo. Head on over to their Facebook page to see what their optics can do in the field, and to their website to check out their full line of products.
www.burrisoptics.com
https://www.facebook.com/BurrisOptics/
Old June 09, 2018, 05:16   #53
ElTigre
Registered

I'm feeling benevolent this morning(although why I don't know. 0400 on Saturday morning should be illegal), total round counts if you run the course clean will be 82 rifle hits and 60 pistol hits. Those numbers may change slightly, but that's the ballpark.
Old June 21, 2018, 21:00   #54
ElTigre
Registered

Stage 5 -The Walking Dead Presented by Kahntrol Solutions
Everyone knows that Walkers require headshots to stay down.
Begin this stage in the first shooting box. Before you, spread out are 15 6 inch targets, ranging from 50 to 75 yards. Make 1 hit on each target. Move to shoot box 2. Make 1 hit on each target a second time. You will begin by engaging these targets with your rifle. You're not allowed a rifle reload. When you run out of ammunition in your rifle(or if you have to drop a mag to clear a jam) you will then move to shoot box 3 or 4(shooters choice) and finish your 30 total hits with your pistol. You may move between shoot box 3 and 4 freely, but you may only engage targets from inside a shoot box. You will only be allowed a single pistol reload. If you run out of pistol ammo, pick up the provided bat and hit all of your remaining targets. You will have 3 minutes to neutralize all 30 targets.
Old June 21, 2018, 21:00   #55
ElTigre
Registered

We have another obstacle sponsor!!! Doublestar is putting up a *custom* painted Wrath tomahawk on the prize table. They also make some of the finest AR accessories around, as well as several other very cool blades. They also happen to be local to Kentucky, which just makes them that much cooler. Check them out on FB, and on their website.
www.facebook.com/doublestarcorpusa
www.star15.com
Old June 21, 2018, 21:01   #56
ElTigre
Registered

And ya know, since DoubleStar sending me a custom hawk, we just gotta throw that sucker. So there's the first announced obstacle, post stage 5, you're gonna need to stick that tomahawk into a target. You get 3 chances, if you can make it stick, you'll get 2 minutes off your run time. If you wanna bring your own hawk, you can, or throw the Wrath and see if it's more your style.
Old June 28, 2018, 20:05   #57
ElTigre
Registered

Looking to step up your shooting training? Then say hello to our next stage sponsor. Mantis X has revolutionized the firearms training industry. Their system can attach to any Pic rail, and gives you real time feed back and data on how you're shooting. It's all score based, and you can create groups to challenge your friends. After all, as a fellow Run N Gun enthusiast says, "Steel sharpens steel." With the Mantis X system, you're gonna have the advantage. They're sending 5 systems to go on the prize table. You can check them out on Facebook and on their website.

https://www.facebook.com/MantisFTS/
www.mantisx.com
Old July 05, 2018, 17:48   #58
ElTigre
Registered

A little preview of the quality of brakes available from our sponsor Kahntrol Solutions.

https://www.facebook.com/kahntrol/vi...6261339746775/
Old July 07, 2018, 11:09   #59
ElTigre
Registered

Stage 6 - Dracula's Lair Presented by Mantis X

The only smart way to take out vampires is while they sleep during the day. Invade Dracula's underground lair, but watch out, he has some tough guards and traps to protect himself.

You will stage your rifle outside of the cave and move to the wait area inside of it. You will need to provide your own light, and for this portion weapon lights are NOT allowed. Weapon lights allowed after the shoot signal has been given. Not needing to breath, Dracula has filled his lair with poison gas. Don your gas mask and begin your search. Gas masks will be provided but competitors are welcome to bring their own. On the go signal move through the cave engaging 10 IDPA targets. D Zone hits will not count. Each target requires 3 hits to neutralize. Failure to neutralize a target will result in a 10 second penalty. After neutralizing all the targets, take the provided hammer and stake and drive it through the heart of the bag that contains Dracula!
Old July 11, 2018, 09:12   #60
ElTigre
Registered

So there's been some chat about it elsewhere and I'm gonna go ahead and make it official. LC Steinel performs on Friday night, there will be an official RnG gear review/swap. This is a chance for people to get together and look over other people's kit. See what works. Have something you thought was gonna work but it doesn't work for you? Or maybe you've just upgraded. See if you can sell it or trade it off for something. If you can't manage to trade it and don't wanna haul it back, let me know. We can throw it on the prize table. I've gotten some.gear I use all the time as prize table donations.
Old July 11, 2018, 20:16   #61
ElTigre
Registered

Sponsor mail day! Mantis X sent some sweet swag to go along with their awesome little products. I hadn't realized how compact they were. These things are as light or lighter than any pistol light I've handled. Head over and give them a shout if you wanna up your training game before the match. And hey, if you buy one before hand, pick one up off the prize table anyways, after all, they would make an excellent stocking stuffer.
Old July 15, 2018, 14:31   #62
EinheitElf
Registered

FALaholic #: 21533
Hey ElTigre, there is no way i can make this and physically not fit enough to make it through a 10k rng BUT i have enjoyed the hell out of at least reading about it the stages,sponsers,etc.

IF you dont mind,would it be ok with you if i copied the stage posts and posted to some friends and maybe some boards her to show what i think a great rng match looks n sounds like?

Also,do you ever pist up any vids of your matches?? I would have popcorn and soda waiting, would be a great flick! .

I hope it will be a huge hit and success!!
EinheitElf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2018, 14:34   #63
EinheitElf
Registered

Wow,touch screens SUCK for typing,make your misspell words like some retard
Old July 16, 2018, 20:08   #64
ElTigre
Registered

Absolutely you can share it wherever you want! Thats very appreciated. And you should come up. Even if you can't do it(which you probably can) you can still hang out. Rockcastle is an awesome place for that stuff.
Old July 16, 2018, 20:09   #65
ElTigre
Registered

As far as vids go, not many were posted of my match last year. Stimpy posted one and a couple others did, but I didn't have an official video. This year that's gonna change.
Old July 19, 2018, 14:09   #66
ElTigre
Registered

Alright folks, I've worked out several already, and a few people have volunteered, but here's the general call. I need ROs to make this happen. If you RO you will run on Friday and work on Saturday. You also will RO for your fellows on Friday. This is the only way to guarantee a spot in the match. You also receive a t-shirt and will get lunch on Saturday provided. If you've already contacted me, please do so again to confirm, unless I've talked to you in the last couple days. Preference is given to those I've shot with/know/trust for these slots.

You can email.me directly at Jordan.lee.schultz@gmail.com
Old July 19, 2018, 15:17   #67
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTigre View Post
As far as vids go, not many were posted of my match last year. Stimpy posted one and a couple others did, but I didn't have an official video. This year that's gonna change.

"The game is worth the candle...always been."

"Itís hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead."
stimpsonjcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2018, 21:22   #68
ElTigre
Registered

Thanks man.
Old July 20, 2018, 21:57   #69
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Thanks man.
I forgot about clearing that guys rifle...what's his name?

Old July 21, 2018, 09:11   #70
EinheitElf
Registered

Thanks for that video stimp! I have a lot of training to do before doing a 5 or 10k rng
Old July 21, 2018, 11:04   #71
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinheitElf View Post
Thanks for that video stimp! I have a lot of training to do before doing a 5 or 10k rng
Nah, get out and do one even if you walk most of it. You won't be the only one walking and you'll get a feel for the plan and what you need to work on.

Old July 21, 2018, 15:06   #72
ElTigre
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
I forgot about clearing that guys rifle...what's his name?
Wes Bennett. He did Heartbreak and did really well. He's planning on coming back this year, and NOT shooting reloads.
Old July 21, 2018, 19:28   #73
EinheitElf
Registered

You make it look easy Stimp!!
Old July 30, 2018, 18:02   #74
ElTigre
Registered

Sponsor mail day!!! Burris sent a 50 percent off coupon on ANY product. That could be hundreds of dollars in savings on some REALLY nice glass. Head over to their website to check them out.

www.burrisoptics.com
Old July 31, 2018, 09:59   #75
ElTigre
Registered

Stage 7 - Werewolves of London Presented by Seekins Precision

Don't you just hate when you're enjoying a quiet moment, only to be have it ruined by a werewolf attack? Defend your home against the invaders!

Begin with your rifle staged against the corner of the building. You will move to shoot box 1, and engage 5 pistol targets. Each target requires 2 hits to neutralize. Retrieve your rifle and climb the ladder to the roof of the building. Load your rifle and engage 5 rifle targets. Each target requires 2 hits to neutralize
Move to the edge of the building and engage the 3 IDPA cardboard targets over the edge of the roof. These targets each take 3 hits to neutralize. If you fail to neutralize a cardboard target, there will be a 20 second penalty added to your shoot time.
Old August 07, 2018, 21:10   #76
ElTigre
Registered

Current possible obstacles:Ax throw, rope jungle, barbed wire crawl/mudpit/tube, A Frame, slackline with a twist, wall, over unders. Prep for all of these and you'll be fine.
Old August 12, 2018, 17:26   #77
ElTigre
Registered

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmZKy5aH...=1upa356rr0sdy

So I'm still learning Instagram. But here's a post by a badass. Our very own beseventeen was MD for the Carolina Run N Gun last week. She also ran it(naturally). Her Vortex optic not only worked through all the crap she put it through, but then when she realized the kind of damage that was done, Vortex replaced it. No questions asked, no "Well, that's not normal wear and tear", nothing. Just 3 days later she had a brand-new scope on her rifle. This is why Vortex is awesome, and why you see them on the rifles of many seasoned RnG runners. Check them out on their website. Be sure to check out both pics on the post too.

www.vortexoptics.com
Old August 13, 2018, 08:11   #78
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
Glad to hear! I never thought about dunking my scope. I did fully intend on keeping my scorecard of of the water, but when I got to the creek it completely slipped my mind. Good thing Kelly gave us Jimmy-pouches for the scorecards!
Old August 13, 2018, 14:03   #79
ElTigre
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotengu View Post
Glad to hear! I never thought about dunking my scope. I did fully intend on keeping my scorecard of of the water, but when I got to the creek it completely slipped my mind. Good thing Kelly gave us Jimmy-pouches for the scorecards!
I don't know if we should call them Jimmy pouches. Too much room with his last name for him to run with that.
Old August 22, 2018, 12:54   #80
ElTigre
Registered

Stage 8 - These Are The Real Monsters - Presented by Thunderbeast Arms

Sometimes, the monsters are real. Namely, politicians.

There will be 2 10 inch circle targets at 100, 150, 200, and 250 yards. There will also be 2 12 inch equivalent targets at the 300 yard line. One of these targets will be shaped like the symbols for each of the major political parties in the USA. You need only make 1 hit at the 300 yard line. You must engage the 100 from the standing, the 150 and 200 from the sitting or kneeling, and the 250 and 300 yard targets from the prone position.
Old August 23, 2018, 20:21   #81
ElTigre
Registered

So the guys from the Heartbreak Run N Gun have generously decided to give a free and GUARANTEED slot up for my prize table. This is a fantastic match. It's probably the most physically challenging match I've ever been a part of, and had some awesome prizes to boot. You can check them out on their Facebook page.
Old September 01, 2018, 19:53   #82
ElTigre
Registered

Here's the registration link. Sorry it took so long guys. Moved the registration day to September 11.

https://practiscore.com/run-for-your...n-gun/register
Old September 05, 2018, 22:14   #83
ElTigre
Registered

Just got off the phone with a couple of fellow RnGers over at Spearhead Transmission podcast. Talked about the match some, I'll keep everyone posted when the show goes live. You may wanna listen to it for some recon. Until then, check out their other content, from past RnGs to pretty awesome conversations about literally everything under the sun.

https://www.facebook.com/spearheadtransmission/
Old September 06, 2018, 08:37   #84
ElTigre
Registered

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/1/1/f/11f0...dafd5446f3cc55
Old September 10, 2018, 14:21   #85
ElTigre
Registered

We have another obstacle sponsor!!! Lalo Tactical makes some absolutely fantastic footwear that is perfect for Run N Guns. They're gonna send a couple of free certificates and a ton of discount codes. Check them out on FB and on their website.

https://www.facebook.com/lalotactical/
https://lalo.com
Old September 18, 2018, 18:14   #86
ElTigre
Registered

Alright folks, 2 announcements. One, there WILL be a costume contest. You run this course in a costume and you have a chance of winning a prize of some sort. If nobody dresses up, I'll random draw it. Secondly the state lead for Mission 22 is a pretty awesome makeup artist. If they were to have a zombie makeup/face painting thing for a fundraiser, how much interest would their be? Could lead to some pretty awesome pictures on the course. Sound off and let me hear your thoughts.
Old September 19, 2018, 12:41   #87
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor! Iron City Rifle Works produces some fantastic BCGs and other AR15 accessories. Whether you need a lightweight handguard for your PCC or a rock solid BCG for that competition rifle, they've got what you need. Check them out on their website.

www.ironcityrifleworks.com
Old September 28, 2018, 09:41   #88
ElTigre
Registered

Fenix Ammunition is on as an obstacle sponsor! For those who haven't heard of them, they make some exceedingly high quality ammo at very reasonable prices. Their 10mm stuff is what I carry every single day. Check then out on Facebook and on their website.

www.facebook.com/fenixammo
www.fenixammo.com
Old October 02, 2018, 10:27   #89
ElTigre
Registered

We have another sponsor! Teludyne Tech will be returning and sponsoring our winners prize. For those who don't know, they are the inventor of the Straight Jacket Barrel System. This barrel extends your barrel life basically forever, and is 900 percent more rigid. I've got one on my RPR and it's probably the single best upgrade I've ever made to a gun. The winner will get a certificate for the barrel of your choice, or you can send your gun into their custom shop and get your barrel treated. Check them out on Facebook and their website.

https://www.facebook.com/TeludyneTech/

http://www.teludynecustomshop.com
Old October 02, 2018, 16:49   #90
ElTigre
Registered

Another sponsor announcement! Nightforce Optics is sponsoring our top lady shooter. Since top lady shooter is overly generic, this award will henceforth be known as the Valkyrie Award. The Valkyrie this year will take home a 50 percent off certificate towards a NX8 1-8x optic. You guys can check out this optic and more on their Facebook page and website.

https://www.facebook.com/NightforceOptics/
http://nightforceoptics.com
Old October 08, 2018, 21:16   #91
ElTigre
Registered

Sponsor mail day! Holosun sent 2 reds and 1 green dot. One of the reds and the green are their AWESOME solar powered units. Who's gonna be gunning for one of these on the prize table?
Old October 09, 2018, 11:00   #92
ElTigre
Registered

Another sponsor mail day!!! The Valkryie will take this certificate from Nightforce home. 50 percent off what some have claimed to be the ultimate RnG optic. We currently have TEN badass women competing for the Valkyrie Award. Who's gonna take it home?
Old October 10, 2018, 19:31   #93
ElTigre
Registered

While you are certainly welcome to shop around, I highly advise you stay at the lodge on site. It gives you a more "full" experience. And if you're struggling with the online registration, give them a call. The front desk personnel is fantastic and they can help you with all your needs
Old October 10, 2018, 21:30   #94
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
Quote:
We currently have TEN badass women competing for the Valkyrie Award.
Outstanding!
Old October 11, 2018, 09:15   #95
ElTigre
Registered

Kotengu, any idea what the current record is for most women in an event? I know last year I had 6. But seems like there were a ton at Legion.
Old October 11, 2018, 09:41   #96
ElTigre
Registered

Alright folks, through nobodies fault but my own, the shirts have come.to a point where we have an option. They will be sold through Shredder Industries website. He usually cuts off ordering 2 weeks prior to the match so that competitors can have them by match day. However, if that happens, our window will be roughly 5 days to order them. Possibly as little as 4. We can extend that ordering window some, but there's no guarantee that we will have the shirts by match day. So I put it to you guys. Which option would you prefer? Shirts will not be available at any other point or through any other channel.
Old October 11, 2018, 16:07   #97
ElTigre
Registered

Gonna be on the Rockcastle Gun Show tonight at 6 central. Will be talking about the match and Run N Gun in general. After I get everyone warmed up, you can listen to legendary marksmanship instructor Daniel Horner and then some F class discussions. Should be a great show. If you can't catch it live, check out the podcast afterwards.
Old October 16, 2018, 11:18   #98
ElTigre
Registered

Shirts are available for preorder. They will only be available until the 22nd. ROs, your provided shirt is green with black lettering, so if you wanna black one, go ahead and order it.

https://www.shredderlife.com/shop/th...10k-run-n-gun/
Old October 21, 2018, 16:52   #99
ElTigre
Registered

Had a chance to talk to the guys on Patriot Defense Podcast last night about RnG, the Zombie match in particular. Being from the northwest, they've never even heard of this kind of sport. You can find them on Spotify, iTunes and Libsyn. Below are a couple links to this particular episode.

//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/7260740/height/90/theme/custom/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87A93A/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...206537029?mt=2
Old October 21, 2018, 21:06   #100
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Way to educate those guys, Tiger. Hopefully someone is going to get interested in running these events out here.

Turns out that there are Run & Gun "Sniper" or "Precision" events out here typically called "Sniper Challenges": various 'sniper' contests cover 15 to 40 miles in the mountains over two (or so) days. They've been hosted in Wyoming, Idaho, & Colorado as far as I know. They're usually a team event (2 guys), and they require running with all gear for all hours out in the field - which is between 20 and 60 hours. Some guys sleep, some guys don't. One guy is the 'precision' guy, and one guy is the 'assaulter' & 'spotter'. Problems include:

orienteering
physical tests
attack dogs
lock picking
target id
KIM games, and
shooting problems - including handgun, carbine, and precision rifle. Max range I've seen is 1600 yards. Wind is usually a giant factor in the mountains.

The big ones require that you bring your own PLB for each team member. It has to be in a perm-sealed pouch. If it is opened, you are DQd, because no cell/WiFi/satellite/electronic for land navigation: paper and compass only. Meanwhile, if you go down, you have to use the PLB for extraction if you need help.

BTW - not important, but fyi only... "Northwest" usually means Oregon & Washington, while ID, MT, UT, (maybe Colorado & Wyoming) are usually called the Intermountain West.

Those guys in southern ID are as far from the libtards and hippies of the northwest as you are in Kentucky. Southern ID is desert, farms, and ranches - not coffee, dope, and Portlandia.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of StalinĎs thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote