Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old October 09, 2018, 10:22   #1
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
T-Mobile Store Refuses to Serve On Duty Detective

This was in Grants Pass, OR of all places. I think PD should refuse to go in if they are robbed, they could wait outside until the perp comes out....don't want to break their no guns policy ya' know.

Quote:
“He advised them he was a police officer, and they stated that they have a no gun policy in their store,” she told Blue Lives Matter. She said the employee specifically told Det. Brown to go put his police duty weapon in his car.
https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...UamsJIWqkEISg/

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 10:48   #2
Ted Kennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77365
Why would he patronize an anti-gun establishment to start with?

Whatever.
Ted Kennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 11:24   #3
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
I worked in Grants Pass and this seems odd. They are a small community but have a lot of gun stores and a great shooting range just north of town. They had a great mexican food place too Odds are this isn't a community feeling but a store feeling of hate for cops.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=grants...B9CDB8AE20BEF9
Old October 09, 2018, 11:49   #4
Randall
Registered

FALaholic #: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kennedy View Post
Why would he patronize an anti-gun establishment to start with?

Whatever.
this^
Old October 09, 2018, 12:23   #5
2barearms
I really don't hate you..
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
T mobile sucks anyway.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 14:03   #6
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
No guns means no guns. I can’t carry a cop doesn’t need to carry either.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 14:14   #7
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Well done. That is called "treating everyone equally".

If a store has a no gun policy, there can't be exemptions. Exemptions = discrimination. But neither cop nor gun owner is a protected class.

"On duty" doesn't mean shit.

"in the execution of his official duties" does.

The bigger question, I think, is why does the corrupt cop think he can do personal shopping when he's on duty? He's either on duty and needs to be doing his job, or he's not on duty, and he has no privileges of office.
Old October 09, 2018, 14:48   #8
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Well, next time just conceal it from the sjws.
Old October 09, 2018, 15:36   #9
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
A "corrupt cop"????

So tell us gunplumber, do you have personal knowledge of this LEO's activities or are you just condemning all LEO's as corrupt.

I don't expect an answer but maybe I will get one anyway.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Last edited by Retired Bum; October 09, 2018 at 15:37. Reason: My lousy spelling
Retired Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 15:37   #10
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
https://www.uticaod.com/article/20100527/News/305279879

A twist: customer came in to cellphone store to kill 6; was capped by off duty cop.

Cellphone stores seem to recruit some of the most arrogant and worthless sales personnel I have ever run into.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 15:46   #11
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog View Post
I agree .... but cops are lesser gods and can do pretty much as they wish.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 16:15   #12
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

If the cops are lessor gods as active duty military I should be a greater god? As a greater god I should make lessor gods carry out legal orders.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 17:40   #13
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Well, next time just conceal it from the sjws.
Pretty much. Harry Calahan kept a real iron underneath that blazer with zero issues in San Fran

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 18:58   #14
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog View Post

I just hope that you are not going to be like all the other POS's libs that don't like cops but yell their asses off when the cops don't show up when they call. Then turn around and try to sue them for doing their job.

Unfortunately, in today's times, you can't have it both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post

If a store has a no gun policy, there can't be exemptions. Exemptions = discrimination. But neither cop nor gun owner is a protected class.

The bigger question, I think, is why does the corrupt cop think he can do personal shopping when he's on duty? He's either on duty and needs to be doing his job, or he's not on duty, and he has no privileges of office.
In most States, LEO's are exempt from concealed carry laws, with the exemption written in the statutes.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 20:13   #15
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Bum View Post
A "corrupt cop"????
So tell us gunplumber, do you have personal knowledge of this LEO's activities
From the article, he was on duty, and instead of doing his job, he was shopping for a new personal cellphone - defrauding those paying him. That is called "corruption".

What do you call it, when someone claims to be working, while fckuing off?
Old October 09, 2018, 20:15   #16
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
In most States, LEO's are exempt from concealed carry laws
We are not talking about concealed weapons law. We are talking about a private store owner banning firearms on his property.

Cops would only be exempt in the execution of their official duties.

Shopping for a personal cell phone, while being paid by the city to be doing "cop stuff", isn't "official duties."
Old October 09, 2018, 20:16   #17
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
What do you call it, when someone pretends to be working, while fckuing off?
In the day we called it fukcing the dog.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 20:24   #18
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
In the day we called it fukcing the dog.
When I was in the reserves, my neighbor would sign in, in the morning, then leave, and return to to sign out at COB to be paid. It infuriated me. I was so torn between our being kindof friends and neighbors, and "this is bullshit".

Best I could do was suggest the 1SG take roll at lunchtime, and see if there are any incongruities.
Old October 09, 2018, 20:24   #19
Heisser Mann
Registered

FALaholic #: 80843
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Quote:
From the article, he was on duty, and instead of doing his job, he was shopping for a new personal cellphone - defrauding those paying him. That is called "corruption".

What do you call it, when someone claims to be working, while fckuing off?
You ever hear of a lunch break, a personal break or just maybe the boss saying its ok to stop and straighten out a phone issue? F**k man, you gonna "cop" that attitude if the cops coming running to your defense if your all jammed up by some thugs and find your in to deep? Gonna call them corrupt if they happen to take a bullet for you or one of yours?
Heisser Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 20:30   #20
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisser Mann View Post
You ever hear of a lunch break, a personal break or just maybe the boss saying its ok to stop and straighten out a phone issue? F**k man, you gonna "cop" that attitude if the cops coming running to your defense if your all jammed up by some thugs and find your in to deep? Gonna call them corrupt if they happen to take a bullet for you or one of yours?
Oh, please. Cops take a report a couple days later. They ain't rushing to my protection. I can protect myself just fine. In fact, the "cops" reduce the effectiveness of my doing so, by getting all butt-hurt if I take pre-emptive action.

"No, you can't execute the drug dealer on the corner!" "Why not? F-cker deserves to die!" "Well, yes, but you can't do that, we need to protect him from you protecting yourself!"

If the cop is on a lunch break, then he is not on duty. I mean really, make up your mind. Because (logic and reason dictate) you can't have it both ways. If you are "always on duty" then the department has absolute control over what you do 24-7. No pulling an extra as a rent-a-cop at Target. No alcohol, EVER. No side jobs. Because you are always on duty.

Had a local case many years back when a cop died in a car accident on his way to work. He was not on duty. He was not entitled to department death benefits. He was not killed "on duty". He was just a regular citizen who died in a traffic accident on his way to work.

But the political pussies caved and retroactively carved out an exception to give taxpayer benefits to one who had noright to them.

Or you can be "off" in which case you are no different than any of your other fellow citizens.

Same with the part-time volunteer firefighters who died in the Yarnell fire. Corrupt political scum caved to emotional "demands" and retroactively changed their status (corruption) to "entitle" their families to death benefits that did not apply to part-time employees.

Personally, I think any store owner should have the freedom of association that says "no fags, no blacks, Jews, cops, Puerto Ricans, Irish, cops or gun-carriers." Let the market decide what happens to those with that philosophy. *

Unfortunately, some classes are protected and others not.

*remember, Jim Crow was not free-market, but required by law.

Last edited by gunplumber; October 10, 2018 at 07:25. Reason: late night spelling
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 20:35   #21
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

Between calls maybe?

When in EMS we ran personal business all the time if it was in our area, everything got dropped immediately when the tones went off.

Old October 09, 2018, 20:37   #22
Heisser Mann
Registered

FALaholic #: 80843
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
Quote:
Oh, please. Cops take a report a couple days later. They ain't rushing to my protection. I can protect myself just fine. In fact, the "cops" reduce the effectiveness of my doing so, by getting all but-hurt if I take pre-emptive action. No, you can't execute the drug dealer on the corner!

If the cop is on a lunch break, then he is not on duty. I mean really, make up your mind. Because (logic and reason dictate) you can't have it both ways. If you are "always on duty" then the department has absolute control over what you do 24-7. No pulling an extra as a rent-a-cop at target. No alcohol, EVER. No side jobs. Because you are always on duty.

Or you can be "off" in which case you are no different than any of your other fellow citizens.

Personally, I think any store owner should have the freedom of association that says "no fags, no blacks, Jews, cops, Puerto Ricans, Irish, cops or gun-carriers." Let the market decide what happens to those with that philosophy. *

Unfortunately, some classes are protected and others not.

*remember, Jim Crow was not free-market, but required by law.
Your insulting the vast majority of police with such a claim. Saying you'll not need the police is naive. Hope you dont need them, you'd not appreciate their help. Guys like you give us all a bad name.
Heisser Mann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 20:43   #23
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Your insulting the vast majority of police with such a claim. Saying you'll not need the police is naive. Hope you dont need them, you'd not appreciate their help. Guys like you give us all a bad name.
You're, you ignorant fcuk!

No - cops fckuing off while supposedly "on duty" give their departments a bad name. Actually, they give ALL cops a bad name. Because most people don't differentiate between jurisdictions.

Heck, a local town's cops were so corrupt the County Sheriff (Arpio, you may have heard of him) revoked their charter! And my friend who was an SO in MS, knew exactly what I what I was talking about when I mentioned the institutional corruption of Scottsdale PD ("No Nigger Zones"). He knew about it 2000 miles away! A friend of mine eventually sued them and won.

Last edited by gunplumber; October 09, 2018 at 20:49.
Old October 09, 2018, 20:44   #24
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Old October 09, 2018, 21:15   #25
lockjaw
Deeds, not words.
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
I earn a 30 minute lunch break within each 12 hour shift worked. It is written into my contract. If I want to upgrade cell phone, hit the post office, or buy a case of doughnuts during that 30 minutes, I can do so.

Yep, there are anti-cop establishments. So be it. There are also pro-cop establishments. Hmmmm.... where would a cop choose to spend their hard earned money?

That 30 minute break is also an additional opportunity to engage with their community.

Last edited by lockjaw; October 09, 2018 at 21:28.
lockjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 21:25   #26
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
I earn a 30 minute lunch break within each 12 hour shift worked. It is written into my contract. If I want to upgrade cell phone, hit the post office, or buy a case of doughnuts during that 30 minutes, I can do so.

Yep, there are anti-cop establishments. So be it. There are also pro-cop establishments. Hmmmm.... where would a cop choose to spend their hard earned money?

Yuuummmmmm..... doughnuts. Drool..............
That's fine. You're not on official duties and have no right to bring a firearm into a private establishment that forbids firearms.

And I agree - patronize those places that don't hate gun-owners, and the market will decide if those who do, stay in business.

But don't pretend that in your capacity as a private citizen, you have any special privileges over those of your fellow citizens.

Actually, I'd deny you entrance into my establishment simply because you're an ass-hat and I don't like you.

I don't care if you are a gay, female, black, transgender, Muslim. I do care that you're a douchebag.

Edited: 30 minute break on a 12 hour shift is bullshit. Your mental acuity takes a nose-dive after 10 hours. You have a shit contract. I wouldn't want a nurse reading my chart after pulling a double either! OTR truckers have a limit on how many hours they can drive for a reason!
Old October 09, 2018, 21:42   #27
Retired Bum
Registered

Well, now we know where gunplumber stands on this subject. With him it is all black and white. No shades of grey permitted.

I had a watch supervisor at the federal pen I worked at with the same attitude. Walk out of your cell block to take a leak (there were no facilities to do such in the cell blocks) and if he saw you he would throw a hissy fit. But he was told by the captain to cool it with his attitude. Especially after female officers were hired....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Old October 09, 2018, 21:51   #28
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Bum View Post
I had a watch supervisor at the federal pen I worked at with the same attitude. Walk out of your cell block to shop for a personal cell phone at the local store and if he saw you he would throw a hissy fit. e
FIFY
Old October 09, 2018, 21:52   #29
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:

That 30 minute break is also an additional opportunity to engage with their community.
Well, one of the threads has a video of antifa taking over a street and harassing drivers while a cop watched it all happen. Now useing your cop sense was he taking a donut break, ordered to stand down or just afraid to call in help to defend them old people?

Point being there is a video record of the police doing nothing while a crowd takes over the streets. Think they should be welcomed into the local businesses?
Old October 09, 2018, 22:17   #30
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
And GP proves yet once again how mentally fubar'ed he is.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2018, 22:22   #31
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Edited: 30 minute break on a 12 hour shift is bullshit. Your mental acuity takes a nose-dive after 10 hours. You have a shit contract. I wouldn't want a nurse reading my chart after pulling a double either! OTR truckers have a limit on how many hours they can drive for a reason!
Nothing but truth here.
Old October 09, 2018, 22:36   #32
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Quote:

For once I ALMOST completely agree with you.

So long as that cop has his radio on and is ready and willing to drop his new phone and go respond I have no issues with him shopping.

He's got to be somewhere doing something between calls. Might as well be there vs hassling the public or wandering in and out of other stores.

the rest I absolutely agree with. Including not needing their response.
My Glock works, I don't need a cop except a couple hours later to write up the report (Which is good because that's about how long it would take to get one out to me!)

As a Vol first responder I know the county has ONE deputy on duty at night.... and they don't spend without in BFE with me!
Old October 09, 2018, 22:40   #33
lockjaw
Deeds, not words.
Bronze Contributor

Old October 10, 2018, 00:04   #34
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
A bit OT but in the real world.

Wife has been in nursing for almost 30 years. Pretty standard is two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break in a 12 hour shift, I don't know of anyone at the bedside that gets better than that. Usually one, sometimes two, or rarely, all three breaks aren't taken (or allowed) as they are short staffed with no staff to cover breaks. Happens all the time in the ER...happened all the time when she was working in the ICU. It isn't right but it is reality. Contracts say skipped breaks get compensated but usually the hospital refuses to pay ("sue us").

In EMS it was not uncommon to run 16 or 18 calls in a 12 hour shift. This leaves no time for a break and shifts routinely got extended to 16 hours or more. I recall working a 24...got "recalled" for another 24 as I was punching out, told the supervisor that I had been up for 24 with no downtime "don't care". No real downtime, at the tail end of the 48 I was returning to the station....fell asleep at a stoplight....woke with my partner shaking me and asking "how long have you been asleep??". Told him "I dunno...light was red when I stopped...it's red now...10 seconds...10 minutes...no ******* clue" glad my foot stayed on the brake. I reported it to management, CEO's response was "Don't tell me this shit, I don't want to know, I didn't hear a goddamn thing and I will swear to that in court" He then threatened to discipline me for reporting to work unprepared...I got a similar response from my union rep (we were Teamsters).

Emergency services folks are getting worked to death (sometimes literally, I know a few that the job killed). Yes there are guaranteed breaks in contracts (we didn't have any on the ambulance and medical people are generally exempt from state labor laws concerning breaks and downtime)....where the rubber hits the road..contracts don't mean crap.

On the flip side...when people need help...they need help and it doesn't matter how beat you are...you just do the best you can when you are needed.

This shit got much worse after the Unaffordable Care Act was passed.

Just something to think about next time one has to pick up the phone and dial 911 or report to the ER.....or spend some time in a hospital bed on the floor.

It ain't health, and it ain't care...

Old October 10, 2018, 02:16   #35
Retired Bum
Registered

Gee, what would we ever do without gunplumber to change posts and fix things for the rest of us.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Old October 10, 2018, 06:27   #36
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
A bit OT but in the real world.

Wife has been in nursing for almost 30 years. Pretty standard is two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break in a 12 hour shift, I don't know of anyone at the bedside that gets better than that. Usually one, sometimes two, or rarely, all three breaks aren't taken (or allowed) as they are short staffed with no staff to cover breaks. Happens all the time in the ER...happened all the time when she was working in the ICU. It isn't right but it is reality. Contracts say skipped breaks get compensated but usually the hospital refuses to pay ("sue us").

In EMS it was not uncommon to run 16 or 18 calls in a 12 hour shift. This leaves no time for a break and shifts routinely got extended to 16 hours or more. I recall working a 24...got "recalled" for another 24 as I was punching out, told the supervisor that I had been up for 24 with no downtime "don't care". No real downtime, at the tail end of the 48 I was returning to the station....fell asleep at a stoplight....woke with my partner shaking me and asking "how long have you been asleep??". Told him "I dunno...light was red when I stopped...it's red now...10 seconds...10 minutes...no ******* clue" glad my foot stayed on the brake. I reported it to management, CEO's response was "Don't tell me this shit, I don't want to know, I didn't hear a goddamn thing and I will swear to that in court" He then threatened to discipline me for reporting to work unprepared...I got a similar response from my union rep (we were Teamsters).

Emergency services folks are getting worked to death (sometimes literally, I know a few that the job killed). Yes there are guaranteed breaks in contracts (we didn't have any on the ambulance and medical people are generally exempt from state labor laws concerning breaks and downtime)....where the rubber hits the road..contracts don't mean crap.

On the flip side...when people need help...they need help and it doesn't matter how beat you are...you just do the best you can when you are needed.

This shit got much worse after the Unaffordable Care Act was passed.

Just something to think about next time one has to pick up the phone and dial 911 or report to the ER.....or spend some time in a hospital bed on the floor.

It ain't health, and it ain't care...

Wife has been nurse (now CRNA) for 27 years. She worked in ER at the biggest hospital around for years....often NO lunch break, no nothing. The nurses worked way too long, didn't eat right, drink enough water, they were all dedicated to the point of fanaticism. You want to worship someone in uniform, pick an ER nurses that stays over after working all night to finish a case for an injured or sick child. No glory, no free donuts, most of them do it simply out of love for people.

Oh yeah, you might check stats on violence against them....you don't hear much about that.

GP is right - either the cop is on-duty or he's not. Just because the cell phone store didn't treat him like a knight shouldn't be news.
Old October 10, 2018, 06:47   #37
lockjaw
Deeds, not words.
Bronze Contributor

I always find it curious how people get so incredibly upset and animated about things and people that they know little about.

The same types
Old October 10, 2018, 07:10   #38
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:
I always find it curious how people get so incredibly upset and animated about things and people that they know little about.

The same types
What types are those?
Old October 10, 2018, 09:43   #39
Bawana jim
Registered

Anyway since my question didn't get answered we can still explore why people don't want cops in their shops. Seem that antifa bs did get the cops riled up enough to do something. The cops decided to go after the old people in the cars.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...dered-victims/
Old October 10, 2018, 09:51   #40
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Oh yeah, you might check stats on violence against them....you don't hear much about that.
Absolutely true. Wife has been assaulted a couple times in the last year, injured once (jacked up her shoulder being slammed into a wall). I was assaulted I don't know how many times in EMS, just another unpleasant part of the job. At least in the field I could get away with hitting back (although I wasn't supposed to), hospital staff get in trouble if they defend themselves. Charges are almost never brought against assaults on healthcare workers.

Wife currently works in a tiny ER, 9 beds, usually 2 nurses to cover them. Some days are easy, most aren't. Yesterday they saw 30 patients in her 12 hour shift, all beds full and people waiting in the lobby the entire time. One major trauma that had to be flown out, 2 that required suicide watch and tied up beds for the entire shift (this also ties up staff), several cardiac patients and lots of other stuff. She said she was able to hit the head and take a piss once during her shift. That was the closest she got to a break. She keeps a couple granola bars to eat on the run if she can't get a lunch (although it is against policy and state rules for staff to eat in the ER). They tried calling in an extra nurse but there were no takers, the staff is exhausted. One psych patient also thrashed her room, threw coffee on the ceiling and smeared feces on the equipment. Wife called for housekeeping, they were tied up on the floor so she had to clean the room herself so they could get another patient out of the lobby. This sort of thing happens all the time and is nation wide (I get to hear about it every time she gets off shift). And people bitch and moan that they had to wait to be seen for a cut on a finger.

As far as the original post, if a cop is out and about, between calls, in their area and available, I don't see a problem with running a personal errand, they are still available for calls, out in the community and visible. I posted the article more to highlight the anti gun stance of T-Mobile and that I was pretty shocked that it happened in the conservative little town of Grants Pass.

Old October 10, 2018, 10:33   #41
Ted Kennedy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Anyway since my question didn't get answered we can still explore why people don't want cops in their shops. Seem that antifa bs did get the cops riled up enough to do something. The cops decided to go after the old people in the cars.

LOL. I'm sure someone here will defend that.
Old October 10, 2018, 12:09   #42
lockjaw
Deeds, not words.
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
What types are those?
The same type that are found on the extreme left and right fringes of society. One side isn't any less ignorant than the other.
Old October 10, 2018, 12:39   #43
lockjaw
Deeds, not words.
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post

I would suggest linking an article from an internet tabloid like The Onion. It would carry the same amount of truth and substance, while being significantly more entertaining.
Old October 10, 2018, 13:30   #44
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
I would suggest linking an article from an internet tabloid like The Onion. It would carry the same amount of truth and substance, while being significantly more entertaining.
You haven't answered yet and that tells me you can't justify the police actions in this. Never criticize your brother officers even when they stand and watch as old people are abused. It's obvious you don't want respect and don't care if you get it from guys like me because we victimize you poor picked on cops.

Actually I am not a hater but I have no respect for those that work for the politicians first and turn their backs on the people they serve. Have a nice life.
Old October 10, 2018, 16:19   #45
Retired Bum
Registered

At the federal prison if you worked a cell block or dormitory on the day watch you got a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. If some other staff member could be found to relieve you that is...

Then one day the union president (AFGE) without telling anyone about it agreed to the warden's demand that the lunch break be eliminated. Shortly after that the union president got promoted to supervisor and transferred to another prison. Standard operating procedure. The union presidents always got into bed with the administration and rolled over for them on just about everything.

This is why I never joined any union of gov't employees. By law gov't employees are forbidden to engage in any kind of job action. Remember what happened to the Air Traffic Controllers Union? Reagan fired their striking asses and sent the ring leaders to jail. Correctly I might add.....

And so it goes.

The Who Needs A Lunch Break Anyway Retired One
Old October 10, 2018, 16:58   #46
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
My .89cents worth.

Is that ‘problems’ are only a big as they are wanted to be!

In this day and age I would say this was a politcal position taken - to exploit the times. BS to get people all sensitive, and simple grist for the media. But wtf do I know!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The point of the journey, is not to arrive..." Hexabuzz.

Last edited by Trypcil; October 10, 2018 at 20:25. Reason: ,
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2018, 22:42   #47
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:
We are not talking about concealed weapons law. We are talking about a private store owner banning firearms on his property.
Seems there was no such policy. A rogue employee just made shit up, and he was not the store owner...

Quote:
T-Mobile also reached out to Blue Lives Matter and said the incident that occurred did not reflect the company’s policies, and “we promptly investigated last night, that individual is no longer associated with the T-Mobile brand.”
It's either a franchise or T-Mobile owns it. Either way T-Mobile sets the rules, not the local franchisee, in most cases. Regardless, seems some cop hating asshole employee was just making shit up to be a dick to the cop.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2018, 09:01   #48
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Sounds like spin control. "Screw gun owners, until they go public and start costing us money - then pretend it was all a misunderstanding."

I've seen it before when corporate policies become public. Like when I outed BofA in an expose that led to the discovery of DOJ collusion and Operation Chokepoint.

Deny, Deny, Deny. Except I had a court reporter for a GF at the time, and she transcribed everything in real time.

Last edited by gunplumber; October 11, 2018 at 09:06.
Old October 11, 2018, 17:38   #49
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
Quote:
Sounds like spin control. "Screw gun owners, until they go public and start costing us money - then pretend it was all a misunderstanding."

I've seen it before when corporate policies become public. Like when I outed BofA in an expose that led to the discovery of DOJ collusion and Operation Chokepoint.

Deny, Deny, Deny. Except I had a court reporter for a GF at the time, and she transcribed everything in real time.

As a business owner, how do you manage to post on the internet so much during the business day? Shouldn't your paying customers expect you to be working on their rifles instead of ******* off on the internet? I mean they are paying you to be a gunsmith and not playing on the internet. Hypocrite.
mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2018, 18:02   #50
TedMckay
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 76858
Quote:

It sure has been awhile since I said this to you , but I totally agree with your point. I thought the exact same thing. I am not your average conservative I tend to fall in the anarchist / conservative thinking