The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 79 39.50%
I ordered, and received product timely 58 29.00%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 10 5.00%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 38 19.00%
I just like stirring shit 12 6.00%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 1.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 27, 2017, 19:16   #1
He11RZR
Registered

FALaholic #: 78974
Moses Mags MIA

Placed an order with Moses Mags In Oct. Still haven't received my Mags. E-mailed Johnny and he replied the first time that his mom was sick (Nov.) and would be caught up in a week. Next time, he e-mailed back his partner quit (early Dec.). And should be caught up in a week. Emailed him a couple of days ago and no reply. At this point, I asked him to just tell me if he is going to send the mags or not, so I can do something else. Guess he needed the money worse than I did. Is this SOP for this guy? I thought his rep was golden.
He11RZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2017, 19:49   #2
chino*74
Registered

FALaholic #: 75409
In the same boat here, ordered in Oct. 2016 & nothing so far. Now we can await everyone to tell us the wait is worth it & he will deliver etc. So in other words there is nothing to do but wait n see. I never received an email reply so at least U got that. LOL. He has my $165 dollars, I got nada.
Old January 27, 2017, 20:09   #3
He11RZR
Registered

Well, I believe he is on this forum. Maybe he can give us some info.
Old January 27, 2017, 21:07   #4
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Not making any excuses but he does have some serious personal issues he is trying to take care of.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017, 10:16   #5
cavegeo
Contributor

FALaholic #: 11441
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
Not making any excuses but he does have some serious personal issues he is trying to take care of.
His parents are elderly and require much help these days. Sorry but don't give up hope he will come through.
The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly ******* stupid.
cavegeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017, 10:57   #6
preston1026
Go Seminoles!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 38005
He'll make good.... No worries
preston1026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017, 11:29   #7
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
John is a good guy, honest and trustworthy. Some things are more important than others. He'll come through. The delay sucks but it is what it is.
Old January 28, 2017, 11:53   #8
fuel fire desire
Registered

FALaholic #: 71050
I can vouch for him. I know it won't get your mags to you sooner, but I have had fantastic exchanges from him.

I ordered my mags last nov (2015), and didn't see any mags by mid Jan. I got ahold of him through PM here on the forum and he had the mags out to me in a week.

I ended up having an issue with the mags I got (it was a DSA receiver issue, not a mag issue) and he walked me through step by step for a fix. And when I myself screwed up one of the mags in the process, he sent me a warrantied replacement within days, even though I told him it wasnt necessary and of no fault of his product.

Total class act.

The mags are of amazing quality too. It's all I use now.
fuel fire desire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017, 12:03   #9
EPC WN
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65612
I love my Moses Mags and have waited for a couple of things for many months from Moses. The only disappointment experienced was the wait. That said having hundreds of dollars outstanding with somebody for several months is how businesses die. Hope everything gets turned around. I want another dozen but I'll wait to see if this gets ironed out first...
Old January 28, 2017, 20:15   #10
He11RZR
Registered

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I think the issue is more a lack of communication. If the guy could just post on this forum every couple weeks to reassure everyone he's still in the game, that would sure go a long way. I'm sympathetic to the shit sandwiches life can hand out. Not so sympathetic to not being kept informed.
Old January 28, 2017, 21:06   #11
ICU308
Registered

FALaholic #: 49888
Have been waiting since Nov.18 also ...
Several e-mails , 1 letter , 1 phone call ; no replies . I understand personal issues , and sympathize with the situation , but the "favor of a reply" was requested . GR8 product , and good intentions are golden , but communication issues with paying customers will doom a business .
Old January 29, 2017, 09:29   #12
R1shooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 67769
As many have said on here he will make good, we have orders waiting with him and his mags sell well and work well, we understand family comes first and I know Johnny has a lot on his plate.
R1shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017, 11:32   #13
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
Only Moses on this board can maintain his shitty customer service and not be burned at the stake. Anyone else would be run off. Nobody puts Moses in a corner....
mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017, 11:41   #14
kwthor
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 49571
^^^^ LOL
Old January 29, 2017, 11:47   #15
kwthor
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 49571
Not to discourage you too much but I ordered some peep sights from him back when he was still doing them. It took thirty five months to finally get them. But I did get them and he threw in a free mag.

When he is buried with life I was told the best way to contact him was his phone number and leave a message.
try first:
Phone: (704) 750-9661
then: 704-807-3610
Old January 29, 2017, 11:50   #16
.30-06
Registered

FALaholic #: 68016
Not to derail the thread but...how do these mags work in inch pattern rifles?
Old January 29, 2017, 13:46   #17
MFC
Registered

FALaholic #: 74731
It's really too bad he can't (won't?) contract with a large manufacturer like Magpul to get these made in sufficient quantities. I'm sure there's more involved but it seems like that would be the way to go to avoid these problems. Is he really just a one man shop at this point?
MFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017, 14:33   #18
Illurian00
Registered

FALaholic #: 28599
Quote:
Originally Posted by .30-06 View Post
Not to derail the thread but...how do these mags work in inch pattern rifles?

http://www.mosesmag.com/product/fal-black/
Illurian00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017, 19:26   #19
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp View Post
Only Moses on this board can maintain his shitty customer service and not be burned at the stake. Anyone else would be run off. Nobody puts Moses in a corner....
Guess he goes by Moses for a reason....
Old January 29, 2017, 19:38   #20
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
World famous multiple-time escape artist who ended up leading a sometimes faithless and recalcitrant people to the promised land?

Johnny will make good. He's a pain in the ass, but he won't screw you.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017, 19:45   #21
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFC View Post
It's really too bad he can't (won't?) contract with a large manufacturer like Magpul to get these made in sufficient quantities. I'm sure there's more involved but it seems like that would be the way to go to avoid these problems. Is he really just a one man shop at this point?
Magpul, really?? Their shits over rated.

John's product is a solid, Proven, FAL mag replacement. Hell, DSA's been pissing in the wind for how long now to build a mag that will work in anything other than their own rifles...

I'd gladly wait for Moses mags over anything else currently available, because a good, Functioning, products worth waiting for.
Old January 29, 2017, 20:02   #22
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Well, I'd venture to say that Johnny will - eventually - make it right. He goes through periods where he does a couple of tap dances, then disappears for awhile. Annoying, but in the end he always seems to come through.

I'm sympathetic to the family crisis issues and truly and sincerely do hope whatever they are, they have a happy outcome. That said, the song is not a new one, only the cast of characters seems to change................

The mags, however, are excellent. I have a bunch of the SCAR 17 mags and they have been flawless.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2017, 01:16   #23
Cecil45
Registered

FALaholic #: 79002
Anyone run these Moses mags successfully for 1000s of rds w/ no malfs in DSA SA 58s?
Cecil45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2017, 07:52   #24
Roper1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 79009
Given the attitude about DSA that I've gotten from this board, I think the hardest part about that will be getting someone to admit to owning a DSA for 1000 rounds.
Old January 30, 2017, 08:40   #25
2barearms
I really don't hate you..
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper1911 View Post
Given the attitude about DSA that I've gotten from this board, I think the hardest part about that will be getting someone to admit to owning a DSA for 1000 rounds.
However they know a good a Magzine when they see one and they want a pretty
Large pile of them. One of the fellows at DSA asked if I could see what the issue was and then this thread popped up. Needless to say RI Shooter is aware of the issue now. Not sure what production capability is for them but he said they needed about a 1000 of them which translates to a lot of dough.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2017, 09:34   #26
ghf
Registered

FALaholic #: 15873
Been reading this thread for awhile.

In my life, if I didn't work, I couldn't take care of family.

Based on my life experience, I find it difficult to understand how someone in business, regardless of family problems, can not take the 5-10 minutes required to send a shotgun blast posting out to his customers giving them a status and assuring them that they will get the product that they already paid for.

Also, on a separate subject, I admit to having owned four (4) factory DSA's with over 1000 rds thru them. One is now @ over twelve thousand, two over three thousand and the last @ about 1500. The one w/ over twelve thousand was back to DSA for warranty work back in 2003 and, years later, to have the original chrome lined barrel replaced @ about ten thousand rounds.

Only have used GI (and two DSA (one failed) mags. Never have used a Moses mag.
ghf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2017, 10:59   #27
2barearms
I really don't hate you..
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghf View Post
Been reading this thread for awhile.

In my life, if I didn't work, I couldn't take care of family.

Based on my life experience, I find it difficult to understand how someone in business, regardless of family problems, can not take the 5-10 minutes required to send a shotgun blast posting out to his customers giving them a status and assuring them that they will get the product that they already paid for.

Also, on a separate subject, I admit to having owned four (4) factory DSA's with over 1000 rds thru them. One is now @ over twelve thousand, two over three thousand and the last @ about 1500. The one w/ over twelve thousand was back to DSA for warranty work back in 2003 and, years later, to have the original chrome lined barrel replaced @ about ten thousand rounds.

Only have used GI (and two DSA (one failed) mags. Never have used a Moses mag.
There is nothing 'miraculous' about Moses mags, they do count as 3 parts for
those inclined.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2017, 11:30   #28
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by He11RZR View Post
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I think the issue is more a lack of communication. If the guy could just post on this forum every couple weeks to reassure everyone he's still in the game, that would sure go a long way. I'm sympathetic to the shit sandwiches life can hand out. Not so sympathetic to not being kept informed.
This +1. I understand and am sympathetic to how a small business, maybe only one or a couple folks running it, can get fouled up by health issues or other unpredictable occurrences. That said, accurate communications on a timely basis will go a LONG way to keeping customers happy. Most of us will be pretty understanding provided we are kept advised and don't have to guess or go digging for facts regarding the status of an order.

I've dealt with Johnny on a couple of occasions. I like him and I like his work and products, but this kind of issue raises its ugly head a little more often than I am comfortable with. There starts to be a trust issue regarding the alleged truth of the reasons for a given situation(s) after awhile.

All the above being said, Johnny has always come through in the end and I'm sure any current problems will get ironed out eventually. I truly do hope his personal situation has a good outcome for him.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
Old January 30, 2017, 11:49   #29
pl521
Registered

FALaholic #: 74645
Quote:
Placed an order with Moses Mags In Oct. Still haven't received my Mags. E-mailed Johnny and he replied the first time that his mom was sick (Nov.) and would be caught up in a week. Next time, he e-mailed back his partner quit (early Dec.). And should be caught up in a week. Emailed him a couple of days ago and no reply. At this point, I asked him to just tell me if he is going to send the mags or not, so I can do something else. Guess he needed the money worse than I did. Is this SOP for this guy? I thought his rep was golden.
I'll vouch for Moses. I have four Moses mags I can send the OP and I'm sure Moses will reimburse me after he deals with his family issues/emergencies. Please let me know so I can send the mags out.
pl521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2017, 13:25   #30
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

This is the sort of excellent folks we have here on the Files.

A salute for helping the OP out

Old January 31, 2017, 14:59   #31
louigi
Registered

FALaholic #: 78071
I noticed a youtube video from the DSA Arms booth at the Shot Show that some of their new rifles had Moses mags on them. That tells you something!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDy_HWGR9iE&t=79s
louigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2017, 16:29   #32
PenderMedic
Registered

FALaholic #: 78901
Ordered 8 mags about a month before the election.Checked ahead to make sure they were in stock.i now get a different excuse each week , with a guarantee that they will "be sent out next week", ....Excuses have been " due to latest shootings" ,due to elections, due to flu, due to going to hospital, due to being under weather, and due to family issues.two Different times told they would be sent out that day, with a tracking number to be sent later. Of course no number was ever sent.I also offered to make the two hour plus drive to pick them up myself if he truly had them in stock.....No dice. I have demanded money back couple of times, and he'd respond that they are going out in a week.Been a long time reader here , and this board is the reason I ordered from him, and in the past has seemed really helpful and knowledgeable .......But just don't lie to me.....If they're not in stock, and backordered, by all means I can accept that and wait as long as is needed......Just don't lie to me...Over and over again. I am NOT a poster....But felt I needed to put my experience in also., And hope he gets his stuff together, because he really does have a great product
PenderMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2017, 18:56   #33
He11RZR
Registered

pl521- While I certainly appreciate your offer, and respect that you stand up for a business and man that you believe in, I must decline. I do thank you for your generosity and sense of loyalty. Rare stuff these days. I'm uncomfortable even starting this thread, but I think it's important that those that may need/want mags and are limited on time and money may want to try another avenue until whatever the issues are have cleared up.
Old January 31, 2017, 19:05   #34
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Old January 31, 2017, 20:02   #35
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
Too many stories like this going around. I have another personal one. Don't take new work or orders if you cannot deliver.
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2017, 21:57   #36
chino*74
Registered

FALaholic #: 75409
I no longer give a crap whether I get the mags or not., if I do fine, if not my voice will be a reminder to others that might order in the future., that's what I guess I bought w my money., the right to say 'beware'.
Old January 31, 2017, 22:15   #37
bandido.ep
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 65753
Mags

Ordered 3 one month before election,still waiting.
bandido.ep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 01, 2017, 08:45   #38
01BIRDDOG
Registered

FALaholic #: 54639
Mags

I did not order any mags from him,never met him or know anything about him other than here. If his heart is REALLY in it and he has had a shit load of problems looks like he would tell the straight scoop. Except for a few looks like the damage has been done which is too bad. Hard to renew trust sometimes. At any rate i wish him the best to get through this bump in the road.
01BIRDDOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 01, 2017, 09:46   #39
PenderMedic
Registered

No doubt, I wish the guy the best also and hopes he gets squared away. And if he does, I will definitely buy his products again , BUT I'll go through a third party like DSA when they get them back in stock.At least that way I know they're in stock, when they tell me they're in stock.
Old February 01, 2017, 11:27   #40
jcornss
Registered

FALaholic #: 37954
It sucks you guys are having such trouble. Moses has always done right by me and does impeccable work. That doesn't do any of you guys any good though. Mosesmags are a great product. I've got about 12 that I use exclusively. Got a tote full of surplus mags that I don't even bother with. Stay on him.
jcornss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 01, 2017, 11:51   #41
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
Too many stories like this going around. I have another personal one. Don't take new work or orders if you cannot deliver.
Never understood why some businesses cannot wrap their minds around this seemingly simple concept. Family problems? Dog ate yer homework? Stop taking orders for the interim if you're not going to get them out.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 01, 2017, 18:44   #42
He11RZR
Registered

Guess it was time to move this thread somewhere with a little less visibility.
Old February 03, 2017, 11:17   #43
Big_Willie
Registered

FALaholic #: 77809
Quote:
HE11RZR,

I’m in the same boat as you! After reading about the Moses Mags on this forum, I placed an order on 10/24/2016. The order was entered on-line. There was NO indication that the mags were on back order. I thought I would see the mags in a week or two.

Since placing my on-line order (10/24/2016), I have spoken to “Moses Mags” 2 to 3 times on the phone. Each time, he took my name, number and other info. It sounded/seemed like he was writing it down so he could ensure my mags got shipped ASAP. Seemed to be a VERY nice guy!

The last time I spoke to him, he had just got out of the Hospital and lost an employee. He said he was running behind. After taking my info (again) he ensured me he would get my order out.

Being a former Small Business Owner myself, I know $h!t happens. Plans change. First priority once the dust settles is to expedite service to your/my customers.

Along with an IMBEL FAL on a Coonan Receiver, I’m also working on putting a 9mm/AR together. I placed an order for many of the 9mm/AR parts on-line with Arsenal Ordnance. This was another case of the order was placed last year and they did not deliver. Trying to get feedback on the status of the order was difficult at best! I finally had my credit card company take my/their money back.

After these two experiences ordering gun parts on-line, I’m a little “Gun Shy” (pun intended) moving forward! Other than Midway USA, Brownells and the like, the gun industry vendors seem to move slow/not at all…

I hope all of us waiting on Moses Mags will see them soon!

Willie
Big_Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2017, 11:26   #44
MFC
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
Magpul, really?? Their shits over rated.
I'll grant you there is a huge fanboy following around Magpul. That being said, their mags flat work and they're in stock everywhere. I'd love to see the same availability of good FAL mags.
Old February 03, 2017, 11:35   #45
BUFF
Registered

FALaholic #: 789
Moses has been around here since the beginning. He has been through the mill getting these new magazines up and running, doubtlessly putting his financial assets into his mag business.

I don't doubt that whatever circumstances have caused this breakdown have been major. His reputation has always been sterling, he delivers what he says he will deliver.

Give the man some space and I believe he will sort the troubles out.
Old February 03, 2017, 11:51   #46
djfin
Registered

FALaholic #: 62265
Give the man some space??? two people in this thread ordered mags in October. Its been more than three months since he took the money for gods sake. While I understand that shit happens this is way beyond acceptable. If you cannot deliverer the parts don't take the money period. Fix you life/problems and then start taking orders that you can fill in a reasonable time frame. Anything less is just BS
djfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2017, 12:28   #47
PenderMedic
Registered

9 Different times now told they'll be shipped the next day....Over the span of 3 months.Told him to come on the boards to explain himself, and his Facebook...Like I said ...Life gets in the way....But just don't lie to me 9 times...(actually 10 including a couple of days ago)
Old February 03, 2017, 14:07   #48
EPC WN
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65612
The plot thickens...
Old February 03, 2017, 16:05   #49
MFC
Registered

FWIW they still show available for order on his website.
Old February 03, 2017, 19:28   #50
He11RZR
Registered

My question to those who defend this guy is simply: Why not get on this forum and explain himself? This is what a man worthy of respect would do. One post. No matter what the circumstances, this is the least he can do. And I have a feeling he would, if there was actually a chance in hell those mags will ship.